New FAQ!on gw website!

aledonati

Just got out of a nearly 5 hour meeting that started at 6:00 this morning with no food or caffeine to be found.

This made everything better.

One giant step for DW, one small step in the right direction for the DA as a whole.

HOORAY! And just when I finished modeling a LC Belial... no I really need to get my hands on a Lysander model. I'll miss the old smoke and in some ways the old Apoth, but this is great steps forward! I hope this is an incentive to gain more DA players before an even bigger DA update comes out.

Also, isn't wound allocation useful in situations in mixed weapon wounds? For instance, if the number of wounds permits, allocating a single model to wind up taking all shots from a lower AP weapon?

yeah wound allocation helps especially on a squad with FNP. If you can stack all the PW type wounds on one model and have him make 3++ saves while everyone else gets 2+/4+ FNP saves, you will be significantly more durable.

yeah wound allocation helps especially on a squad with FNP. If you can stack all the PW type wounds on one model and have him make 3++ saves while everyone else gets 2+/4+ FNP saves, you will be significantly more durable.

Yep. On Monday I had 2 guys (1 wound each) get hit by a ton of attacks. 9 wounds total, 5 normal, 4 power weapon. The normal guy took 4 power weapons and a normal wound. The sergeant took 4 normals. Between his 3+ save and FNP from the nearby priest he lived and got revenge for his fallen comrade.

I'm very excited. Including two storm shields in the squad I'm working on, as well as recently painting a detachable Cyclone I can add when I need, now seem like brilliant moves.

We have been updated? :)

I am curious about the partial update (psychic hoods still the same ie). But still, its a positive despite surprising, move from GW :tu:

*edited for atrocious grammar and ponctuation :P

Thank god we got that update we finally deserve, my Deathwing will benefit vastly from these updates as it's all mechanised with Land Riaders now being filled with Thunder Mallet Terminators :D

Think Deathwing got the best deal out this update.

Thanks GW :D

Yes there is!

This is probably not the thread, but in a nutshell p.27 C: DA vs BRB saying no vehicle can score.

Thats the same rulebook that says codex overrules i guess yes?

Yep thats the one. Why do people keep demanding a FAQ on something so simple to understand?

This screwed up my triplewing build a bit (since I could no longer abuse the old smoke launcher rule), but Ravenwing Attack Squadron with the new Narthecium rule is just sweet.

The Turbo-Boosting while Scouting is still not fixed, but not a huge issue (for me, at least).

Deathwing with FNP is now jaw-droppingly good.

A small update, with a big change. Why it took them two years to do this is simply beyond my comprehension.

I think the reason for the non-turboboosting is Deathwing Assault.

Turboboosting RW would give a 30" radius pinpoint termie deepstrike on turn 1.

Also, isn't wound allocation useful in situations in mixed weapon wounds?

Sure, wound allocation is always useful, but when people try to put different wargear on every single model, they're trying to emulate the Nob biker wargear allocation exploit. When a unit is filled with models that each have different wargear and at least 2 wounds, you can use wound allocation to get around the restriction in the rules that forces you to remove whole models first. This exploit is meaningless with single wound models like Deathwing Terminators.

Putting different wargear on each model when the models have only 1 wound gives you no further advantage in wound allocation.

Wound allocation doesn't matter if the models have only 1 wound. ^_^

*bows to you* I must get the Nob spores out of my brain.

Belial w/ TH/SS

+

TH/SS

TH/SS Apoth

TH/SS Cyclone

TH/SS Banner

LCs

2+ Armor, 3+ Inv, FnP, Wound Allocation. Yay for DA Deathstar!

Taxi'd in a Redeemer?...or Crusader?...Hmm

Probably a crusader as Dark angels dont have redeemers as an option.

Add a Libby or Interogator in TDA and go for the Crusader...

And yes Wound allocation does still matter, as far as not losing the CML, or Belial or an IC/Libby to Insta Death

This isn't the right place to get into it, but see post above.

If you're trying to protect the CML model, this:

- Sergeant, TH/SS + CML, TH/SS, TH/SS + Apoth, TH/SS + Banner

Is no more survivable than this:

- Sergeant, TH/SS + CML, TH/SS, TH/SS, TH/SS

The wound allocation exploit doesn't apply to 1-wound models.

Well beyond the fact that the apoth gives you feel no pain so the first choice is more survivable, you are correct if you just want the CML not to die. There are still advantages in certain situations. Say you take 8 regular wounds and 3 rending/PW wounds. In this case the first suqad is more survivable (unless the sergeant also has a TH/SS, in which case does he count as a separate group as he is identical in game terms to the rest of the squad) due to wound allocation as I can stack the 3 PW wounds on 1 TH/SS termy and then split the rest up evenly and only have the chance of loosing one termy no matter how many 3++ saves I fail, the second squad if I take the invul saves on normal termies and roll 3 1 or 2s 3 termies die. It is not a big deal, but the first squad is slightly more survivable in that case.

Don't mind me, Fellas, just your friendly neighborhood Decoy stopping by to wish you all well with a slightly updated set of rules! Congrats, enjoy it, and enjoy being the premier, the one, the ONLY Loganwi... DEATHWING again!

First of all, PARTY TIME!!! This is something we've all been wanting for years now, and Games Workshop has finally answered! I know a lot of people were getting despondent at the prospect of waiting for years for an update.

I wonder what effect this will have on Project: Redemption though...

Belial w/ TH/SS

+

TH/SS

TH/SS Apoth

TH/SS Cyclone

TH/SS Banner

LCs

2+ Armor, 3+ Inv, FnP, Wound Allocation. Yay for DA Deathstar!

Taxi'd in a Redeemer?...or Crusader?...Hmm

Wait...we can take aRedeemers? Where was I on this?

and OMG:cussBBQ I AM SO FRIGGIN STOKED!!! I started giggling in the middle of a business conference...thank fully the owner encourages "artistic" expressions and acitivities like 40k ( painting that is ) YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess whos buying stock in GW Brand Terminatum this week on the market??? This guy.

Yep. On Monday I had 2 guys (1 wound each) get hit by a ton of attacks. 9 wounds total, 5 normal, 4 power weapon. The normal guy took 4 power weapons and a normal wound. The sergeant took 4 normals. Between his 3+ save and FNP from the nearby priest he lived and got revenge for his fallen comrade.

What you describe is Hit allocation. Not wound allocation.

What you describe is Hit allocation. Not wound allocation.

There is no hit allocation. You allocate wounds.

Archived