Read over your outline.  Looks good so far. 

Ah, excellent. I'll wait and see what everyone else says before fleshing it out, though.

Best to not let my eagerness to get these guys finished take the lead.

Aww I liked the fallen empire aspect of these guys. I'll take a look at the outline and see what can be done.

Yeah, me too, although in hindsight I handled it pretty sloppily. But it was more work (and WAY more headaches) than I was prepared to put up with to salvage.

See the way I see it, Ace, you don’t need to skip the fallen empire bit, you just need to simplify. It’s an IA, not a blow by blow account of 8,000 years of Imperial history.

In your history section, put one paragraph that says something like:

Early in their history, the Chapter set up numerous Keeps across the -blahblah- Sector both to garner new recruits and to protect those worlds from the rampaging Orks. During the long millennia that followed, the vast majority of these Keeps have been lost, either destroyed by hated xenos or simply abandoned once their purpose had been fulfilled. Though the Stonebound of the current Imperium have not the time or resources to restore all of these strongholds, when one is rediscovered it is a source of great interest to the Chapter, for who knows what relics of past glories it may still contain?

100 words (which is nothing in an IA), gets the (deeply cool and very dwarf-y) idea across, and who cares about what the Inquisition or anyone else thought about it at the time or why they were allowed to build them, it was thousands of years ago and everybody involved is long dead so nobody knows!

Rest of the outline all looks solid, keep it up mate, I’d really like to see this one completed!thumbsup.gif

Well, I second Ace's realization that it is his own article and and he can just go on ahead and add it in. :p

But seriously, the idea of there being this desolate, abandoned network that the Chapter struggles to regain might possibly be the most interesting thing I have seen of this Chapter. Definitely among the coolest ideas I have heard of for a DIY, including any my own.

And don't think that doesn't just piss me off. :)

Instead of getting mad, you could just swipe the idea.cool.png

Seriously, it's not like I'd be parading around your thread and complaining.laugh.png

I'm considering folding early and recent history into one section, since I have no idea what else I could add to recent history.

Good idea? Bad idea? Any and all shades of opinion on this or any other part of the IA are welcome.turned.gif

EDIT:

Left a word out. Oops!

I think that's an awesome idea. And you could easily make awesome objective counters with that in mind... msn-wink.gif

Oh, the modelling potential for this Chapter is crazy.

That's one of the reasons I had to make a squad of them!laugh.png

It's probably not a legal squad under any codex's rules (without counts-as coming into play), but I could always use them as Sergeants if I ever do more squads.turned.gif

Although to start with I thought you were approving my merging the Age of Stone and Age of Wrath sections, up until I read the words 'objective counters'.sweat.gif

I'm of a mind to merge the two sections anyway, since the latter is going to be really small and losing a section header probably won't upset the balance of the article very much or anything.

I guess you could probably fold it into one, then if any great ideas come up for recent battles/whatever you could put it in a sidebar later in the IA?

Seems like a sensible idea.

Although given the Epic Size of the Epic Saga, I'm not sure another sidebar wouldn't be overkill!laugh.png

Nevertheless - that's a bridge I can cross when I get to it.

Archived