The Stonebound protected a lot of worlds at their height, when they were more White Scarsy. Then there was a war with the Eldar, where even the Stonebound found themselves outmaneuvered (which bears NO RESEMBLANCE TO THE WAR OF THE BEARD IN ANY WAY!). The whole Maiden World thing, perhaps. So they became more defensive, since they could not beat the Eldar at their own game. This is what starts their creation of fortresses (they might have had keeps, but this turns them into complexes). The Eldar may even fail to root them out of a few.

Then the Orks show up, swarming as Orks so often do. They take even more worlds, and perhaps batter into a few fortresses through sheer numbers. Suddenly, the Stonebound are down to their home world and a few scattered fortresses (which are no doubt a massive pain to keep supplied and in communication). They've gotten even more defensive-focused since running into the Orks, to boot.

So the Stonebound resent the Eldar, resent the Orks, and resent anyone who mucks about trying to take back what they see as their worlds (and, of course, no doubt resent themselves a bit for losing their worlds). I don't think all the worlds should be Imperial again - just a few. But that'd be enough to irk them.

So you have defensive cranky buggers with a few scattered fortresses. Works like a charm.

I particularly like the way that the battles with the Eldar emphatically bear no resemblence to any other conflicts. :lol:

That sounds pretty solid, but I like the idea that almost all the worlds the Stonebound watched over are now under ordinary Imperial rule, and the Stonebound are basically forbidden from swooping in and taking their fortresses and similar back.

It lends to the dying race sort of thing - 'We are as myths and shadows to the very people we once fought so hard to protect. Most of them think we never existed.'

So you have defensive cranky buggers with a few scattered fortresses. Works like a charm.

At the risk of sounding repetitive, I like this.

At the risk of likewise repitition, yup, it's good. :D

I'll try and dwarvish things up a bit when I get the time to do an update.

If they all have super long bears, I may have to kill you. I don't like beardy marines. Then again that is just me.

Long bears, GHY? I'm not taking the Stretch-Limo-Thunderwolf option here!

Oh, and good luck killing me. Dwarves have beards, and so do the Stonebound. :D

* Stonebound carve out little empire in the corner of the Seg. Pacificus. Recruit from a bunch of systems, establish underground defences (possibly echoing Kagara, the world where they have their Monastery) and everything is rosy.

This is too straw man.

The Chapters don't usually 'rule' their own poket-empires - You could blame Age of Apostasy, though. - and if they do it's because they have to protect the loyal subjects of Emperor, not command and conquer.

Another thing is recruiting from several systems. Yes, the fleet-based, maybe former fleet-based Chapters and some Chapters without suitable recruitment pool do that, but you have already Kagara...

So technically speaking, if something like this happened the Stonebound have no right to complaint or held grudge at all.

I like the idea of lost kingdom, but I'm not fan of fortresses... to much Imperial Guard for my taste.

Hmm, good point.

So I should make it not Empire-ruling, and more sort of an area they consider their jurisdiction, maybe.

Worlds they recruited from and protected but did not administer would work fine, IMO.

I think you definitely need the Eldar and Orks sitting on some, too, if only so you can then have some fighting to reclaim fortresses and similar things.

Honestly, I don't see why the Imperium wouldn't let the Stonebound just move back in to fortresses if necessary. That's the big hole in the scheme, IMO.

Worlds they recruited from and protected but did not administer would work fine, IMO.

I think you definitely need the Eldar and Orks sitting on some, too, if only so you can then have some fighting to reclaim fortresses and similar things.

Honestly, I don't see why the Imperium wouldn't let the Stonebound just move back in to fortresses if necessary. That's the big hole in the scheme, IMO.

I suppose, but the Stonebound have been around since the 6th founding. Somehow, I can't really see all the 'lost-empire' stuff happening only in the last hundred years, say.

That's a long time for Orks and Eldar to hold onto those worlds without some kind of painful comeuppance, isn't it?

The best I could come up with to plug the big hole is 'local inquisitors inherently leery of what they percieve as stretching the Seperation of Powers and threaten the Stonebound with a bazillion penitence crusades etc if they even look at the planets funny.'

I admit, it's not exactly original, and will probably wind up being a terrible idea.

Which means I'm opening the doors for suggestions yet again, since thinking about these guys too much now starts my brain creaking. :)

I suppose, but the Stonebound have been around since the 6th founding. Somehow, I can't really see all the 'lost-empire' stuff happening only in the last hundred years, say.

That's a long time for Orks and Eldar to hold onto those worlds without some kind of painful comeuppance, isn't it?

Not really. Especially if the worlds weren't that important or if the Stonebound are out on the edge of the Imperium.

Not really. Especially if the worlds weren't that important or if the Stonebound are out on the edge of the Imperium.

Well, it's still a long time for the Stonebound not to go grabbing them back before the rest of the Imperium gets round to it.

I suppose if the said planets are occasionally wrested from Imperial control by Orks/Eldar attacks and taken back by the Imperial Guard and stuff, that could work.

Really great stuff here Ace!

I know I'm late to the party, so I'll try not to re-hash previously discussed material. My thoughts, in no particular order:

- The "lost-empire" bit is fantastic. Having your supposed allies swipe your worlds while you're off avenging is a great idea - perhaps there's secret Stonebound armories/forges/repositories on some of those worlds - they can't very well ask for their stuff back, but they don't want Inquisitor Steve getting his grubby mitts on it either. . . What to do? Take up arms against the Imperium and leave no survivors to tell the tale? Sneak in and get your hoard back (picturing Bilbo and Smaug here)? Or direct some of those pesky xenos into Imperial forces, and reclaim your treasures in the ensuing chaos?

- What are your techmarines like? How prevalent are they? Do they do their own tinkering, safe from the eyes of the Inquisition/Ad Mech? I can see the Stonebound passing on their own traditions and training their own techmarines "in-house" rather than ship their Brothers off to Mars (who even normal Chapters half-mistrust). For a Dwarf chapter, I'd see crafting and engineering as key elements. It's there in the axes, but could use more emphasis.

- Gotta have beards. Ale? Can Marines even get drunk?

- Given their defensive nature, I think more can be said about how they use their engineering abilities to shape the battlefield to their advantage. The thunderfire cannon seems like it would be a good starting point, with that shot that makes dangerous terrain (tremor or something-or-another) Perhaps they've developed an underground fortification-deploying system (barricades delivered by underground drills . . ?). Heck, why not have special drop pods that tunnel up in to battle? Oh man . . . a small earthquake followed a dreadnought popping out from a huge hole in the ground is pretty stinkin cool image.

Anyway, I'm keeping my eye on this one - looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

- What are your techmarines like? How prevalent are they? Do they do their own tinkering, safe from the eyes of the Inquisition/Ad Mech? I can see the Stonebound passing on their own traditions and training their own techmarines "in-house" rather than ship their Brothers off to Mars (who even normal Chapters half-mistrust). For a Dwarf chapter, I'd see crafting and engineering as key elements. It's there in the axes, but could use more emphasis.

This is basically techno-heresy, anyone not sanctioned by the Priesthood of Mars is unworthy of tinkering with machines.

*looks at Space Wolves*

- Given their defensive nature, I think more can be said about how they use their engineering abilities to shape the battlefield to their advantage. The thunderfire cannon seems like it would be a good starting point, with that shot that makes dangerous terrain (tremor or something-or-another) Perhaps they've developed an underground fortification-deploying system (barricades delivered by underground drills . . ?). Heck, why not have special drop pods that tunnel up in to battle? Oh man . . . a small earthquake followed a dreadnought popping out from a huge hole in the ground is pretty stinkin cool image.

Cool idea.

This is basically techno-heresy, anyone not sanctioned by the Priesthood of Mars is unworthy of tinkering with machines.

Exactly! All the more reason for them to be super-isolationists. Besides, when was the last time a dwarf took orders from an outsider?

On the other hand, too much (or maybe any) of that leads to renegades and heretics, and this is supposed to be a codex chapter... If they're as old as the sixth founding though, maybe they've earned a little leeway over the centuries (looking at you, Black Templars). Which raises another question (one good tangent deserves another): who are the Stonebound's friends? With Inquisitor Steve looking at them funny, they're going to need some. I'm trying to think of a situation where some other Chapter comes to their aid, but it sounds like these guys are practically myths even on the worlds they controlled; how likely is it that anyone else even knows they exist?

Also, how big is their Grudge-stone for when the Red Sabres got destroyed? Must be the size of a small moon...

- The "lost-empire" bit is fantastic. Having your supposed allies swipe your worlds while you're off avenging is a great idea - perhaps there's secret Stonebound armories/forges/repositories on some of those worlds - they can't very well ask for their stuff back, but they don't want Inquisitor Steve getting his grubby mitts on it either. . . What to do? Take up arms against the Imperium and leave no survivors to tell the tale? Sneak in and get your hoard back (picturing Bilbo and Smaug here)? Or direct some of those pesky xenos into Imperial forces, and reclaim your treasures in the ensuing chaos?

That might work better as a question with no given answer.

I wasn't thinknig lost armouries, per se, but certainly the Stonebound will have underground buildings (recruitment camps, maybe?) that they darn sure don't want others taking for themselves.

Not really sure anymore. Was going to blend them with the Chaplains somewhat, but I think it might be better to just keep them seperate and have the techies highly respected. I think most marines would study some of the most basic tech-stuff, perhaps. It might not really amount to anything, though, so I'll probably leave it out of the IA unless I can find a reason to talk about it there.

Space Wolves have ale.

About time someone cut in on that monopoly, don't you think? :P

Cool idea.

It's a nice idea, unfortunately:

Bingo. ^_^

Exactly! All the more reason for them to be super-isolationists. Besides, when was the last time a dwarf took orders from an outsider?

Dwarves and Stonebound aren't quite the same thing, though. ;)

On the other hand, too much (or maybe any) of that leads to renegades and heretics, and this is supposed to be a codex chapter... If they're as old as the sixth founding though, maybe they've earned a little leeway over the centuries (looking at you, Black Templars). Which raises another question (one good tangent deserves another): who are the Stonebound's friends? With Inquisitor Steve looking at them funny, they're going to need some. I'm trying to think of a situation where some other Chapter comes to their aid, but it sounds like these guys are practically myths even on the worlds they controlled; how likely is it that anyone else even knows they exist?

Well, we're not talking Grey-knight-esque mythic status. Those that need to know about the Stonebound (i.e. Non-civilians) probably know about the Stonebound.

They probably get along well with any Chapters with a sense of honour, and there's a few Guard regiments the Stonebound have respect for. There's probably a couple of inqusitors who quite like them, although taking time out of the IA to go through inquisitorial politics might not be a great idea.

Also, how big is their Grudge-stone for when the Red Sabres got destroyed? Must be the size of a small moon...

Big enough. :)

And not as big as the party they'll throw in the event of the Rift Lords' demise. :P

I know double posting is rightly frowned upon, but I FINALLY updated the first post after an awfully long wait and a lot of messing about, and feel the need to share the news. :(

Post #1: Now complete with colour scheme and excerpt from the Legacy Saga, for the perusal and evaluation of the Liber. ^_^

* Snappy, badass comment goes here. But that is literally last on the list, 'cause it's also got to be a Chapter Summary.*

You show wisdom, young padawan.

*Serious caption talking about regular Stonebound and 1st company veteran of the Redshields.*

Is this the best place for that? A little later on makes it further detail, rather than a bunch of new and unconnected information.

* Many worlds are reclaimed from the Xenos menace, and as Imperial settlers move back in, the Stonebound build Keeps/Recruitment/Training outposts under the surface in isolated locations on those planets.

Why do they build them underground? Sneakiness?

* Playing the defensive game against the ever-present Greenskin threat, the Stonebound find themselves gradually embracing the use of slower units in many situations, preferring to sacrifice some speed for a more crushing blow. This is exacerbated by the nature of the homeworld adopted by the Chapter. They also come to appreciate dreadnoughts, allowing the use of them for those brothers willing to be interred.

Perhaps pressure of casualties also plays a role in the whole acceptance of Dreads?

* In the aftermath, the Stonebound dedicate themselves with vigour to avenging their parent Chapter. However, the Orks (and some Eldar) make progress in taking back worlds previously conquered by the Stonebound.

* Before the Stonebound can do anything about it (still caught up in taking revenge) Imperial Guard (possibly led by a local inquisitor?) take the worlds back into the fold of the Imperium.

* The Stonebound are forbidden to reclaim their places on the newly re-Imperialised worlds (not sure how to do this without using an inquisitor, but hopefully that's not too cliche)

It does seem rather odd. I really think you're better off with them being under Ork/Eldar control in most cases. I could see the Administratum revoking the Stonebound's rights to access to the world, and the Stonebound refusing to turn over their stuff, but that definitely shouldn't be overdone. If anything, I think that'd work better as a sidebar while the Ork and Eldar worlds were the majority.

* Excerpt from the Legacy Saga* NOW IN SIDEBAR* goes here, because if it doesn't, I'll be killed. By Batman, no less.

I am, indeed, the goddamn Batman.

* Decorative chain-mail worn over the better armour is a must for Stonebound marines, as is a hand-forged axe.

Decorative chain-mail? Why? Dwarven armor is usually fairly practical...

Chainmail has been these guys "thing" for a long while now, think it's safe to let it slide ;) I can't remember for sure but I think Ace explained it in a previous version.

Ace

I know double posting is rightly frowned upon, but I FINALLY updated the first post after an awfully long wait and a lot of messing about, and feel the need to share the news.

Indeed. Your penitence can be served by tearing apart my latest Death Heads Executors update ;)

Settle on Kagara, world near the borders with Segmenta Tempestus and Solar. Take in some recruits, all is right with the world, and the interim leader (Head of the training cadre from the Red Sabres; the Stonebound's parent chapter) takes the rest of his boys and goes home once the Stonebound are firmly established.

Why? Why would the assigned Chapter Master leave?

* Playing the defensive game against the ever-present Greenskin threat, the Stonebound find themselves gradually embracing the use of slower units in many situations, preferring to sacrifice some speed for a more crushing blow. This is exacerbated by the nature of the homeworld adopted by the Chapter. They also come to appreciate dreadnoughts, allowing the use of them for those brothers willing to be interred.

If they're basing themselves off of the White Scars doctrine originally, why would they start by playing defensively? Even in the First Siege of Terra, the White Scars rode out from the Imperial Palace.

* Prayers are often blended with the act of forging, groups of marines led in prayer by their Chaplains as they forge weapons and armour.

To what extent does each Stonebound care for and forge their own wargear?

* Gradual adoption of slower units allows the chapter to use their dreadnoughts, the 'Ironbound'. Minor point, really, but better to mention it.

This doesn't explain the spiritual acceptance of dreadnoughts. White Scars do not use them because they believe it is trapping a warrior's soul. This would be a point where you could have a Kagaran attachment to the land, associating metal with earth, and earth with home.

* First company veterans wear the cool red 'n' bone shoulderpads.

Why red? Is it a homage to the White Scars or Red Sabres? Even then it doesn't explain the bone. Your color choice must have purpose! ;)

Y'know your whole dilemma with wanting the Chapter to be more Codex and less like the White Scars? I think I have a solution. I think it's glaringly painful how obvious this solution can be, and for that reason I fear I may have missed something. I'll tell you anyway:

The Red Sabers are Codex Adherent.

My original intent was for this to be the case.

However, I got roundly lambasted for making people want to know more about the fill-in chapter instead of the Stonebound, because you have to answer 'why are the Red Sabres Codex adherent?'

It makes even less sense for the Red Sabres to be exact clones of the White Scars. No, you don't need to explain everything about the Red Sabres, just like didn't explain everything about the Rift Lords. If it was your original intent, and it makes things easier to explain (prominently the change in beliefs to allow warriors to be entombed in dreadnoughts), do it.

Octavulg

Presumably it would be because of Kagaran traditions in building underground.

It does seem rather odd. I really think you're better off with them being under Ork/Eldar control in most cases. I could see the Administratum revoking the Stonebound's rights to access to the world, and the Stonebound refusing to turn over their stuff, but that definitely shouldn't be overdone. If anything, I think that'd work better as a sidebar while the Ork and Eldar worlds were the majority.

I would agree with this. If you really want your Inquisitorial involvement, you could have the Inquisitor fail miserably at retaking all of the worlds, and have him oppose the Stonebound getting involved in the reclamation process, fighting against it harder and harder as the conflicts become increasingly difficult. You could even have the Stonebound chastised for going against Inquisitorial law on some occasion and helping achieve victory.

Your penitence can be served by tearing apart my latest Death Heads Executors update :drool:

:: Viciously attacks KHK with spinal flail ::

Either commit to the name Executors or go back to Death Heads!!!

Your penitence can be served by tearing apart my latest Death Heads Executors update ^_^

:: Viciously attacks KHK with spinal flail ::

Either commit to the name Executors or go back to Death Heads!!!

Well, if some people actually paid attention to me, and helped me update my IA so I could update them in the Librarium I wouldn't be having these Identity issues, now would I :lol: ;) !

*Serious caption talking about regular Stonebound and 1st company veteran of the Redshields.*

Is this the best place for that? A little later on makes it further detail, rather than a bunch of new and unconnected information.

Moved it down a bit for now, but I'll finalise the location once I get the rest of the writing done.

* Many worlds are reclaimed from the Xenos menace, and as Imperial settlers move back in, the Stonebound build Keeps/Recruitment/Training outposts under the surface in isolated locations on those planets.

More of a homage to their homeworld, as well as keeping it out of sight of the average joe citizen.

Perhaps pressure of casualties also plays a role in the whole acceptance of Dreads?

Hmm, nice one.

And you don't think it makes the Chapter look really weak for failing to take those worlds back? They've been at it since not long after the 6th founding, all told.

They can't keep their attention on the Rift Lords forever, so they'd have pretty near a full chapter of marines to go take back those worlds.

* Decorative chain-mail worn over the better armour is a must for Stonebound marines, as is a hand-forged axe.

Decorative chain-mail? Why? Dwarven armor is usually fairly practical...

Kagaran tradition, as mentioned in the homeworld bit. If you haven't got your own weapon and armour, you aren't considered a man.

Indeed. Your penitence can be served by tearing apart my latest Death Heads Executors update :D

I'll take a look once I'm done here, and see what can be done.

Why? Why would the assigned Chapter Master leave?

It's not his Chapter. He's Red Sabre through and through.

I'd insert a humourous analogy comparing it teaching a child to ride a bike, if I could think of one.

If they're basing themselves off of the White Scars doctrine originally, why would they start by playing defensively? Even in the First Siege of Terra, the White Scars rode out from the Imperial Palace.

Whimsical wording on my part.

By 'the defensive game' I mean the Orks are constantly attacking planets in nearby systems, and the Stonebound don't really have time to do anything other than move from one threatened world to another.

* Prayers are often blended with the act of forging, groups of marines led in prayer by their Chaplains as they forge weapons and armour.

To what extent does each Stonebound care for and forge their own wargear?

I haven't really decided, but I'd assume they put quite a lot of time into it.

* Gradual adoption of slower units allows the chapter to use their dreadnoughts, the 'Ironbound'. Minor point, really, but better to mention it.

This doesn't explain the spiritual acceptance of dreadnoughts. White Scars do not use them because they believe it is trapping a warrior's soul. This would be a point where you could have a Kagaran attachment to the land, associating metal with earth, and earth with home.

Fair point.

I'll either steal that completely or see if I can come up with another good reason. :D

Why red? Is it a homage to the White Scars or Red Sabres? Even then it doesn't explain the bone. Your color choice must have purpose!

Well, bone is part of the original Stonebound colours. It's just on the trim instead of the middle of the pad.

And the red is totally a nod to the Red Sabres.

It makes even less sense for the Red Sabres to be exact clones of the White Scars. No, you don't need to explain everything about the Red Sabres, just like didn't explain everything about the Rift Lords. If it was your original intent, and it makes things easier to explain (prominently the change in beliefs to allow warriors to be entombed in dreadnoughts), do it.

Yeah, but if I put 'The Stonebound use dreadnoughts because the Red Sabres did', I have to explain why the Red Sabres use dreadnoughts in the first place.

I would agree with this. If you really want your Inquisitorial involvement, you could have the Inquisitor fail miserably at retaking all of the worlds, and have him oppose the Stonebound getting involved in the reclamation process, fighting against it harder and harder as the conflicts become increasingly difficult. You could even have the Stonebound chastised for going against Inquisitorial law on some occasion and helping achieve victory.

I have absolutely no idea how the heck Orks and Eldar are meant to take a bunch of worlds around my Chapter and hold them ever since without my Chapter looking pretty pathetic in the process.

I'm sure someone once brought up on this forum that a hundred marines was sufficient for taking a planet. So having a thousand next door would put the life expectancy of any local Ork/Eldar colonies at pretty darn short.

The Stonebound, therefore, need a reason not to curbstomp some 'orrible aliens off their turf - having someone else do it first and claim the planet for a Guardsman training centre/shrine world/other resources would stop the Stonebound from getting involved, and actually give them a reason to be resentful and narky with the Imperium at large.

In short, I'm not sold on the 'Orks take and hold planets' idea because it sabotages my attempts to add some personality to the Chapter.

The Orkdom of Charadon was near the Rynn's World for several centuries, yet the Crimson Fists were unable to cleanse the planet. In fact, the current situation is quite opposite.

There was snippet in SM codex about strike force from Ultra's (and maybe some other Chapters, but I'm too lazy to look) attacking some Ork-held planets and thus 'delaying' the Waaagh!.

There is currently Waaagh! on its way towards Deliverance, and shows no signs of slowing.

Just saying. :D

Guest Mordray
100 marines might be able to break the back of a force but it'll never be enough to take back a world. Space Marines are just hard as the seven hells marines, they are not gods in and of themselves. Without sufficient Imperial Guard backup they will never be able to take a world back. Even if those one hundred marines was able to take on all comers. That's still only one hundred points of control and at that each one is only one being.

The Orkdom of Charadon was near the Rynn's World for several centuries, yet the Crimson Fists were unable to cleanse the planet. In fact, the current situation is quite opposite.

There was snippet in SM codex about strike force from Ultra's (and maybe some other Chapters, but I'm too lazy to look) attacking some Ork-held planets and thus 'delaying' the Waaagh!.

There is currently Waaagh! on its way towards Deliverance, and shows no signs of slowing.

Just saying. :D

Oh.

Well, put like that, I suppose there might be more room for dastardly xenos in my IA. :)

I'll take a more in-depth look once I've had some sleep.

100 marines might be able to break the back of a force but it'll never be enough to take back a world. Space Marines are just hard as the seven hells marines, they are not gods in and of themselves. Without sufficient Imperial Guard backup they will never be able to take a world back. Even if those one hundred marines was able to take on all comers. That's still only one hundred points of control and at that each one is only one being.

I probably only got half the story, then. So it's more like 'a hundred marines can take a planet IF backed by an appropriate number of guardsmen, tanks, and supplies'...? Fair enough. :(

I'd insert a humourous analogy comparing it teaching a child to ride a bike, if I could think of one.

Different interpretations of the training cadre, I guess. I still think he has no reason to return back to the Red Sabres once he's already taken on the honor and responsibility of leading a new chapter.

Also, if he feels such a deep connection with the Red Sabres, then their destruction will hit him harder, and will hit the rest of the Stonebound harder too.

Yeah, but if I put 'The Stonebound use dreadnoughts because the Red Sabres did', I have to explain why the Red Sabres use dreadnoughts in the first place.

Or you could just say that the Red Sabres are more codex adherent. You don't even have to mention the Red Sabres stance on dreadnoughts. You have the Stonebound's own reason for using dreadnoughts if you use that metal to earth to home progression I suggested.

Well, put like that, I suppose there might be more room for dastardly xenos in my IA.

Don't forget that Orks are like really bad weeds. Also, I don't think Eldar really hold any planets unless you're counting Exodites.

Different interpretations of the training cadre, I guess. I still think he has no reason to return back to the Red Sabres once he's already taken on the honor and responsibility of leading a new chapter.

Also, if he feels such a deep connection with the Red Sabres, then their destruction will hit him harder, and will hit the rest of the Stonebound harder too.

It'll hit them hard - it always has.

It's also going to be the point where all of the Stonebound's problems start, so they'll always feel a great sense of loss there too.

Or you could just say that the Red Sabres are more codex adherent. You don't even have to mention the Red Sabres stance on dreadnoughts. You have the Stonebound's own reason for using dreadnoughts if you use that metal to earth to home progression I suggested.

True. I'll see if I can sneak it into the writeup.

Well, put like that, I suppose there might be more room for dastardly xenos in my IA.

Don't forget that Orks are like really bad weeds. Also, I don't think Eldar really hold any planets unless you're counting Exodites.

Fair enough. I suppose one of the planets can have stuff of interest to the Eldar on it, so they attack it every once in a while or something.

Just to get a mention of the Dwarves vs Elves thing in. :mellow:

Fair enough. I suppose one of the planets can have stuff of interest to the Eldar on it, so they attack it every once in a while or something.

Just to get a mention of the Dwarves vs Elves thing in. :D

Well, if you sneak the 'dark' before the 'eldar', then the 'stuff of interest' is quite easy to figure out. :o

Okay one problem I still see (yes I'll keep harping on it).

If the Rift Lords were powerful enough to completely whipe out the Stonebound's parent chapter .... how exactly did a single battlebage full of Stonebound defeat them? I know the Imperial Navy got their ships, but that still left alot of bad marines on the surface for your Stonebound to fight. I really don't see a much smaller force winning when a full chapter could not.

Otherwise excellent work.

Okay one problem I still see (yes I'll keep harping on it).

If the Rift Lords were powerful enough to completely whipe out the Stonebound's parent chapter .... how exactly did a single battlebage full of Stonebound defeat them? I know the Imperial Navy got their ships, but that still left alot of bad marines on the surface for your Stonebound to fight. I really don't see a much smaller force winning when a full chapter could not.

Otherwise excellent work.

The Red Sabres could have given them a run for their money. It was a siege, after all.

Archived