You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

Ykyabtw a single viewing of Kingdom of Heaven is sufficient background viewing to get you through the construction of two off our Combat Patrols, ten Sword Brethren and a Gladiator Valiant!

LOL i was watching that movie too when building my marines from the BT box

• 3 weeks later...

All you want for Emperor's Day- what is known as "Christmas" to those yet to see His Immortal Majesty's light- is to bring justice to all His enemies, preferably by having your hand swing the sword that beheads those who sinned against the Emperor.

Your cousins in the Iron Hands insist the best way to bring justice, is to shower artillery shells upon His enemies; but you know you cannot be certain justice is delivered if you cannot see the light fade from these enemies' eyes, and hear them take their last breath.

• 2 weeks later...

YKYABTW...

After purchasing the new Grimaldus, you dream that you open him up and he's metal. Still in the dream, you break into a local GW (as it's night and they're closed) to get some superglue to assemble him.

Then when you wake up your first thought is "Visions from the Emperor! I'm the Emperor's Champion!" :laugh.:

• 3 months later...

You sharpen your bolt pistol muzzle so- in the event you run out of boltshells before you run out of enemies to smite- you may simply use the pistol as an additional Close Combat weapon, and stab your enemies.

(FYI, Bul Armory manufactured the "SPIKE pistol" featured in this video.)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You know your a Black Templar when...

You get stuck in the warp for a few years..and one of the first things you look at is this thread. See that you already posted to it, and felt the power of the Emperor flow through your veins knowing that you fulfilled the challenge of your original post, just before the store went out of business.

It's good to be back Brothers!

On 1/19/2011 at 5:39 AM, Th!rdeye said:

Lets see what you guys have! Mine are sub-par, hopefully you can get some better ones.

You know you're a Black Templar when....

..you see a 1500pt limit as 1360pt, and 1000 as 860pt etc..

when you remember that 90 points for the emperors champion + 50 points for AaC ^^

• 2 weeks later...

When you're realizing you need to either find an STL quickly, or you're about to drop 200 USD on tilting shields for all your Initiates and up to have their own Personal Heraldry on them

On 7/8/2022 at 9:21 PM, Brother Richard said:

You know your a Black Templar when...

You get stuck in the warp for a few years..and one of the first things you look at is this thread. See that you already posted to it, and felt the power of the Emperor flow through your veins knowing that you fulfilled the challenge of your original post, just before the store went out of business.

It's good to be back Brothers!

Now THAT is dedication!

Edited by Gederas

On 10/9/2014 at 7:50 PM, Lysere said:

You know you're a Templar when you've read all 63 pages to bring honor to those who have crusaded before you, and then promptly launch another Crusade.

i correct it and make 163 out of it.

Edited by Medjugorje

• 1 month later...

When you see the "Bayard's Revenge" diorama and realize this is not the fallen Champion Bayard himself, this is not even Priamus who dies later in the battle. This is another Templar brother, who went across the Rubicon with Grimaldus but holds on to the very same Black Sword that Bayard and Priamus held. That despite everything that happened, the Templars kept their most sacred vow. And then you shiver with pride at the thought.

‘Take the sword!’ Grimaldus roared. His charge carried him ahead of the others, hammering his crozius in arhythmic fury, smashing a bloody path through to Priamus. ‘Recover the Black Sword! We cannot leave it here. It cannot lie abandoned on a battlefield while one of us yet lives.'

Over the vox, the humans are calling us insane and begging us to fall back with them. To them, this bloodshed must seem like madness, but there is no choice. We will not be the only Crusade to violate our most sacred tradition. The Black Sword will remain in black hands until there are none left to bear it.

I have a moment – just a single moment – of reflexive pain when I see Bayard’s body next to Bastilan’s. Two of the finest Sword Brethren ever to serve the Chapter, now slain in glory. More alien bodies block my view. More xenos bleed as I force my way closer to Priamus.

A sense of bloodthirsty, eerie calm descends between us. The battle rages, weapons clashing against our armour, but I speak in a fierce whisper that I know carries over the vox to him and him alone.

‘Priamus.’

‘Reclusiarch.’

My maul sends two of the beasts flying back, and for a heartbeat’s span, there are no alien barbarians separating us. Our eye lenses meet for that precious second, before we are both forced to turn and engage other foes.

‘You are the last Emperor’s Champion of the Helsreach Crusade,’ I tell him. ‘Now recover your blade.’

lzGHpb0.png

• 3 weeks later...