You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

:ohmy.:  There's a dot of red on his left gauntlet! :ohmy.:

No worries, we'll just assume he punched a heretic in the face. :biggrin.:

Seriously, great paintjob though. Welcome to the Eternal Crusade. :thumbsup:

@Arthanor: Unless you convince them wielding a two-handed flail is a better idea!

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Elcundil/ETL%20III%20pics/S1032424.jpg

:wink.:

..when you think that ZEAL should always be written with capital letters.

And with the BLOOD of our enemies.

This is close to become an Heretical Cult. Be carefull Brother.

--

...when you ordered some Chaos Warrior, warhammaer battle, to use the legs to make More Crusaders ! And the Cloaks to Make more Sword Bretheren !

...when you're searching a way to make some Teutonic Knights inspired Models for your Crusade. (Dark Angels Robes + Chaos Warrior Helmet, with Horns like the Teutonics, without Chaos Symbols)

that red dot is accidental but I am gonna say that its his fathers ring and he got it when his father betrayed the emperor by saying he is happy that his daughter was born a psyker (ofcourse he got it from the heretics corpse) :P

When you're trying your best to come up with a fluffy Allies Matrix and get to the Templar row and go:

Knights - BB
Guard - BB
Inq - Conv (mumbling about witch loving mutant freaks)
Sisters - BB
Grey Knights - Desperate (mumbling about Space Marines, but still witch loving... you get the point)
Templars - BB
Vanilla Marines - Conv (they love some witches and then some, right?)
Dark Angels - Conv (obviously)
Blood Angels - Conv (duh, mutant angel freaks)
Space Wolves - Conv (witch loving mutants, if you hadn't guessed)
Legion of the Damned - torn between BB (purifying flame of Emperor's Will) and Apo (Emperor-damned warp spawn!)
Tau - Nope.
Orks, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Necrons, Tyranids - NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE!

and then you have to invent a new, utterly black, "I'd rather fall on my sword" icon for the Chaos and Chaos Daemons. Because, HELL NO!

Edited by Kastor Krieg

@Kastor Krieg:

GK can be psykers, but they are uncorruptable (they were the only psykers, alongside inquisitors, that we could ally with our old 4th edition codex)

Also, some rumours says that the Ophidium Gulf incident was perpetrated by the Alpha Legion, who are also seeking for Cypher, so i'd ally with DA. SW are loyal to the big E and have a natural resistance to warpy stuff

It's easier this way:

Can't ally if the other army/detachmnent has at least one model with the psyker rule. Exceptions: GK and Inquisition

IG/Knights/SoB/Inq/GK/Vanilla/DA/BA/SW/LotD: BB

Tau/Orks/Eldar/DE/Necrons/Tyranids/Chaos Demons/Chaos Space Marines: "I'd rather fall on my sword"

Can't ally if the other army/detachmnent has at least one model with the psyker rule. Exceptions: GK

Fixed that for you... back in 4th ed. we can't ally with Psyker Inquisitors as well, we could only ally with GK and GK alone, it specifically states in the 4th ed. Codex that Black Templars could not ally with anyone who has Psychic powers except for Grey Knights. Inquisitors are NOT Grey Knights.

++Incoming Long Range Vox++

++Thetus Alpha Listening Post: 455690++

++Intercept from Imperial Ship Broadcast Channel++

'Inquisitors lie! They taint! They spread rumors about how foul we are to the Imperium. They weaken us! Divide us! Sees our Honor as nothing but folly, and sees the Adeptus Astartes as merely tools for their own agenda! We are Templars, through faith and zeal, and mostly ZEAL, we are strong. The Emperor guides us in our work... and Inquisitors are not our handlers, we merely aid them if we need to and slay them if we have to. THEY ARE MORTALS, and there is fault in that... what Inquisitors fear, we do not... they carry the Emperor's symbol with their Icons, WE ARE THE EMPEROR'S ICONS. We find this heretic Inquisitor and we slay him today... for the only thing more abhorrent than a rogue Inquisitor, is a rogue Inquisitor who is touched by warp taint... Show no mercy and abhor the witch! NO PITY! NO REMORSE! NO FEAR!'

++Intercept End++

++May the Secrets of the Lion stay Hidden++

++Transmission End++

- You know you're a Templar when despite having the option to ally with Psykers of any kind... be it Inquisitors or Librarians, be it Psykers of the Guards or be allies of Convenient or Desperate Allies with Eldar... YOU WILL NEVER SIDE WITH THOSE WITCHES!

You know you're a Templar when you know that the reason why our 'you know you're a *insert name* when' has gone on for three years now and shows no sign of stopping is because our ZEAL has no bounds.

Also when you have your own range of delicious range of Breakfast Cereals. Frosted Templars, they more then good they are ZEALOUSLY great! ZEAL charms, marshmellows in the shape of holy seals and scrolls to protect you from witches. 'Silly rabbit ZEAL is for Templars'.

Furthermore this post is proof that even though you may feel the need to put all of that pent up ZEAL to good use in the Emperor's name it's probably a good idea to get a good amount of sleep.

... when even in a completely different setting you must embark on a righteous crusade to rid the world of demons, traitors, heretics and all kinds of other abominations! Their dark souls shall evaporate before the holy light and might of the (familiarly black & white) Crusader!

... when you can barely contain your ZEAL and really want to paint the 40 or so models you have sitting aside for ETL time :/

... when the only reason you haven't painted more of your Templars is because your in meditation waiting for the next ETL to start.

... when you can barely contain your ZEAL and really want to paint the 40 or so models you have sitting aside for ETL time :/

... when the only reason you haven't painted more of your Templars is because your in meditation waiting for the next ETL to start.

When you are hoping that you will have enough time to get your models out to you while on deployment so you have time to strip them down before the next ETL

When after reading Sigismund's rules and fluff you feel the same vigor when you first read the fluff of the 4th ed codex.

When you don't even play 30k and you want to buy and paint him for your collection.

When you will buy it, paint it, and play it as Emperor's Champion. (or anything else we can play as HQ in 40k)

Not to one-up you, Zyth, but:

When you will buy him, paint him and play him as a chapter master with burning blade (or Legion Relic if that still exists?) and shield eternal because nothing less does justice to the first Emperor champion!

When you're seriously considering a small army of 30k templar to be his honor guard.

When you will buy him, paint him and play him as a chapter master with burning blade (or Legion Relic if that still exists?) and shield eternal because nothing less does justice to the first Emperor champion!

When you're seriously considering a Large army of 30k templar to be his honor guard.

Fixed that for ya.

I'm not sure I'd run him with the shield. I mean rule wise it would make sense, but model wise it seems odd. Why would he need a shield? I suppose you could just give him an awesome looking sword and claim the 3++ is from his sheer skill and unwavering faith in the emperor. Actually now I know exactly how I would run him, WYSIWYG be damned.

Why would you use a Shield on an EC! You man of little Faith! He will survive by the Emperor or Die for the Emperor!

And I already got that as High Marshal with Epic Sword and Shield:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/065/7/3/_wh40k__high_marshal_zythius_by_zyth23-d795nol.jpg

...when you hope to see Rogal Dorn soon...

When you're seriously considering a Large army of 30k templar to be his honor guard.

Fixed that for ya.

I'm not sure I'd run him with the shield. I mean rule wise it would make sense, but model wise it seems odd. Why would he need a shield? I suppose you could just give him an awesome looking sword and claim the 3++ is from his sheer skill and unwavering faith in the emperor. Actually now I know exactly how I would run him, WYSIWYG be damned.

Ha! The fix is not a bad one, I just wish I had the income to get a large army!

The shield makes a lot of sense rule-wise: Sigismund's Black sword is two-handed, so no extra attack, and he has Eternal Warrior. As you say, WYSIWYG be damned. Everyone should know that Sigismund is the best there is.

Edited by Arthanor

Fixed that for ya.

Ha! The fix is not a bad one, I just wish I had the income to get a large army!

The shield makes a lot of sense rule-wise: Sigismund's Black sword is two-handed, so no extra attack, and he has Eternal Warrior. As you say, WYSIWYG be damned. Everyone should know that Sigismund is the best there is.

What if you model the shield in the back, like its actually part of the armour?