You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

When your favourite HQ type gets hit with a nerf bat hard (Chaplains) and then you decide that eff that, they WILL be awesome and you start making a Reclusiam Guard for Helbrecht, made entirely out of Chaplains.

When your favourite HQ type gets hit with a nerf bat hard (Chaplains) and then you decide that eff that, they WILL be awesome and you start making a Reclusiam Guard for Helbrecht, made entirely out of Chaplains.

I am with you brother! You have my sword

I am with you brother! You have my sword

This is so awesome. Take a look at my guys. Started with the new Sternguard kit bits, added some FW assaulty legs, topped off with 3/4ed WFB Undead Skeleton heads. Perfect fit! :D

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/265503-kastors-convpaint-new-kitbashed-bt-chaplains-wip/?p=3452465

42 pages? Wow, you guys really are zealots.

When even Traitors cannot refrain from admiring your Righteous Zeal.

Not to try and top your tooth story, but my two wisdom teeth must have known I would eventually end up as a Templar because my roots were so long, he had to break each tooth into four pieces to extract them.

Now THAT'S what I call "combat squad-ing".

• 2 weeks later...

You know your a Black Templar ...

When every list you've made since the new codex came out has at least two crusader squads armed for close combat.

When said crusader squads do better than their bolter brethren would have done.

When you kill more tanks in close combat than with anti-tank firepower, despite having quite a bit. Note no Power Fists have yet to be used either.

When your Centurion Devs killed more armor by Punching it than shooting it. (Las/Missile)

When you charge through difficult and dangerous terrain to make sure the last enemy infantry unit is wiped off the table despite having a guaranteed win.

When you read the sternguard sergeant option "May exchange his bolt pistol for a chainsword" as "Must exchange his bolt pistol with a chainsword" Instead.

Oooh I wanna try

"...kinda consider it a loss if your Emp Champion didn't slay at least one commander in Melee"

"...Even if we don't have to anymore. you take the Emp Champion because you're used to it at this point"

"...For every two to three boxes of marines, you buy one BT upgrade spure"

"...You call your friend/opponent cowardly for running away from combat" (They play Necrons and Guard I put the fear of the righteous in them :wink: )

"...You were legit confused why SoB and BT have one eye open and not brofist buddies"

"...You tried to get the High Marshal 3 different times. But do to a shipping mistake or a finecast flaw you still have yet to get him" (guilty...one day)

"...You kinda scratch your head when not BT players use the BT upgrade spure"

"...You are perfectly fine if use other chapters spures, as everything can be Black Temparized"

"...Despite loosing, you walk away smiling as your forces did something cool in close combat or enemy psyker is dead"

and finally, which I'm most guilty of

"...Never bother really learning the rules for pskyers, as you never use them. And even if you get other armies you subconsciously to opt to not to take a pskyer"  

Edited by Kuchinawa

- When you see the new Horus Heresy FW models and anticipate when the 1st Chapter of the Imperial Fist legion will be released (coz you know they're the Templars.)

- When you try to deviate to other Chapters in the new marine book, but always think on how to go back to Templars with them.

- When you still refer to "Chapter Masters" as Marshal, and you're opponent always gets confused on what a Marshal is...

- When you put a Codex: Black Templar art page over the Librarian and Tigurius entry in the new Codex.

you know you're a black templar when you roll to deny the witch when an ally blesses one of your units.

I'm going to make a point of always doing this when someone runs a librarian alongside me. Not that the rules support it but no ones going to say I can't since it'll benefit my enemy, and if my ally argues I can just silence him by slaying his librarian.

you know you're a black templar when you roll to deny the witch when an ally blesses one of your units.

Rather, when you don't agree to play with any witch-loving "Allies". Or if there's really no other way, when you declare that the witch and any unit that will harbour it are an enemy of the Black Templars.

I did that once, with Blood Angels, during an Apocalypse scenario. No unit wanted to harbour that witch, not even their own player, when I had 5 full Crusader Squads and a LRC chock full of TH/SS suddenly swerve left to move towards it at the start of the game. Suffice it to say, it died BADLY.

Rather, when you don't agree to play with any witch-loving "Allies". Or if there's really no other way, when you declare that the witch and any unit that will harbour it are an enemy of the Black Templars.

I did that once, with Blood Angels, during an Apocalypse scenario. No unit wanted to harbour that witch, not even their own player, when I had 5 full Crusader Squads and a LRC chock full of TH/SS suddenly swerve left to move towards it at the start of the game. Suffice it to say, it died BADLY.

Very nice. I played against B.A. once at the local shop. I can't

really remember many details of my opponent's army, but I do recall that

he was very proud to have Lemartes with him, accompanied by a full

squad of Death Company jump troops. My E.C. and a Crusader Squad managed

(over time) to take down the whole squad, and even Lemartes himself,

who (according to my opponent) nobody had killed previously. Oh...did I

mention that I love Suffer Not the Unclean? 3x S7 attacks at WS7 from a

charging E.C? Check please. [this was when the B.T. had their own codex

and before c.c. weapons had AP values]

Edited by ChaosRising