Grey Knight Rumors Thread

Marmande

I wouldn't smack talk the Grey Knight Strike Squads just yet. They've been pretty awesome as far as i've used them. Though i've been making a shift towards a Stormraven/Purifier Squads list lately and that's pretty awesome as well. Anyways, I just thought i'd add one more thing as far as the Brotherhood Champion goes, as the entry on the first page seems to be missing something.

The Perfect Warrior: In the assault phase, after the move but before the hits, the Brotherhood Champ MUST select a stance from the following list:

-Sword Storm - The BC makes an attack on all models in B2B contact with him (But he doesn't get the bonus for charging)

-Blade Shield - Can't attack, but gets to reroll ALL failed saves until the end of the phase

-Rapier Strike - Champ makes D3 (Or D3+1 if he charged) attacks at I10 that MUST be directed at an MC or Independent Character in B2B contact.

So enjoy that. Anymore questions?

Honestly the Dreadknight looks like the ADMECH has reversed Engineered TAU tech and has reproduced their battle suit in an Imperial Fashion and giving it to the Inquisition first would be a great way to test this unproven tech. Now with that being said, I like the look of the Dreadknight and it would make sense to give the Daemon hunters a suit that can let them go toe to toe with a Greater Daemon or Daemon Prince or even a Trygon and Walk away and continue to fight the next major enemy.

All and all I want to see one modeled up like a power loader with claws and painted yellow, Piloted by Ordos Xenos inquisitor Ripply

I wouldn't smack talk the Grey Knight Strike Squads just yet. They've been pretty awesome as far as i've used them. Though i've been making a shift towards a Stormraven/Purifier Squads list lately and that's pretty awesome as well. Anyways, I just thought i'd add one more thing as far as the Brotherhood Champion goes, as the entry on the first page seems to be missing something.

The Perfect Warrior: In the assault phase, after the move but before the hits, the Brotherhood Champ MUST select a stance from the following list:

-Sword Storm - The BC makes an attack on all models in B2B contact with him (But he doesn't get the bonus for charging)

-Blade Shield - Can't attack, but gets to reroll ALL failed saves until the end of the phase

-Rapier Strike - Champ makes D3 (Or D3+1 if he charged) attacks at I10 that MUST be directed at an MC or Independent Character in B2B contact.

Thoses were already in the rumours. :P

If you have access tot he Codex, some insight on the Weapons and Wargear would be great! Like what the different types of Grenades and Nemesis Weapons do!

The problem here is that GK also have to be a viable gaming force. Sure, GKs could keep their current statline. They'd still be 25 pts and people would still have problems winning. Want or not, WH40k is first and foremost a game. And the ruleset cannot represent the fluff people read. At that rate, a single Space Marnie squad should be worth about 1000pts.

Phil

Yeah, it's called Movie Marines.

Thoses were already in the rumours. :D

If you have access tot he Codex, some insight on the Weapons and Wargear would be great! Like what the different types of Grenades and Nemesis Weapons do!

So you have asked, so you shall receive. I can't guarantee that all of this is super correct, as I don't have it in front of me right now, but I will say:

Nemesis Weapons, as far as I know are Force Weapons. HOWEVER, because of how Brotherhood of Psykers works (A unit casts a psychic power as a singular entity) I believe this means that only one weapon can become a Force Weapon per turn (If you so choose to use it over Hammerhands), and the rest are power weapons. Still, nothing to sneeze at.

-Nemesis Halberd: +1 Initiative

-Nemesis Daemonhammer: +1 Strength

-Nemesis Falchions: Force Lightning Claws

-Nemesis Warding Stave: Power weapon that conveys a 2++ Invulnerable save. (I know. Madness.) They're 25-20 points per depending on the squad.

-Daemonhammer - This entry confuses me. There's both a Nemesis Daemonhammer and a regular Daemonhammer, but as far as I know, this one is a Thunderhammer with Daemonbane.

Psyk-Out grenades reduce morale of the unit they attack, I believe, but that one is the one i'm the most unsure on.

Continue!

Hmm the grenades actually sound like a decent idea. At least it will calm those who thought GKs were getting I10 on the charge. Have never been a fan of weapon differentiation either for NFWs but I can see myself definitely stacking up on Nemesis Falchions in lieu of the S6 loss.

I'll go ahead and ask the other obvious question: What can you tell us about the Incinerator, Psycannon and any other new heavy weaponry?

In addition to that, is this the actually finalised version of the codex you have an not the old army-list 'print out' many other rumourmongers have been using?

Thing is.. what if the regular NFW that PAGK have.. are going to be power weapons? What if they're just regular marines, with i5.. Big deal. Not worth 20 points. Also 1 attack? LOL. I hope they still maintain the True Grit or something along those lines. 5 point drop isn't enough to compensate for ws 4, and 1 attack. Even power weapons.

Thing is.. what if the regular NFW that PAGK have.. are going to be power weapons? What if they're just regular marines, with i5.. Big deal. Not worth 20 points. Also 1 attack? LOL. I hope they still maintain the True Grit or something along those lines. 5 point drop isn't enough to compensate for ws 4, and 1 attack. Even power weapons.

This. What is a Nemesis Force Sword? I'd venture a guess as being +1A.

A falchion is a type of sword. So you already have your answer. :)

...Unless Ward doesn't know his falchion from his lightning claw... :D

Well going with how Halberds aren't Halberds and more like Glaives.. They probably aren't the swords we know as Falchions... But I mean the standard Nemesis Force Weapon(which I believe most people have said is a regular sword in look) before upgrades to any of these other various weapons.

I really hope Imperial Storm Troopers are still troops options. Having nothing but expensive troop options is going to make it hard to compete regardless of whatever toys they throw in. Plus, without IST, GKs become just another SM codex with some inquisitors tacked on. :D

I really hope Imperial Storm Troopers are still troops options. Having nothing but expensive troop options is going to make it hard to compete regardless of whatever toys they throw in. Plus, without IST, GKs become just another SM codex with some inquisitors tacked on. :D

Inquisitors and the idotic dreadknight.

Ah well, i just hope that i don't have to use the stormraven or the dreadknight for a competitive list.

A falchion is a type of sword. So you already have your answer. ;)

...Unless Ward doesn't know his falchion from his lightning claw... :D

Well going with how Halberds aren't Halberds and more like Glaives.. They probably aren't the swords we know as Falchions... But I mean the standard Nemesis Force Weapon(which I believe most people have said is a regular sword in look) before upgrades to any of these other various weapons.

Ha, true. GW are pretty hopeless with their polearms (Guardian Spears come to mind) but there's arguably a bigger difference between claws and swords. Not that mucking that up would surprise me either. (again :))

I really hope Imperial Storm Troopers are still troops options. Having nothing but expensive troop options is going to make it hard to compete regardless of whatever toys they throw in. Plus, without IST, GKs become just another SM codex with some inquisitors tacked on. :mellow:

I don't understand this "-Just- another SM codex" mentality about the Grey Knights. Sure they are another SM army, but they are drastically different in style and equipment compared to any other SM army. -Just- another SM army implies that they are exactly the same with maybe one or two new things thrown in(Stormraven for the Blood Angels, and Librarian Dreadnaughts anyone?). But Grey Knights are hardly like that.

Where are their Predators, Drop Pods? Devastator Squads(Purgation Squads aren't quite the same)? Assault Marines? Bike Marines?

What's that you say? Grey Knights are all Psykers? All will now have powers unlike the old 3rd Ed dex were it was only reflected in their weapons.

Lascannons? Multi Meltas? Tactical Squads? Where are all these in the Grey Knights? Only on Dreadnaughts and Land Raiders(And now more likely the GK Stormraven). Psycannons, Incinerators? Who else has those? Nemesis Force Weapons?

While I agree to saying "Yeah they are another Marine army with a 4 Statline across the board, and Power Armor". To say "Just another" implies they are exactly like Blood Angels, Generic Marines, Dark Angels etc.

Yet they aren't they have a whole cache of things that differentiate themselves from your other marine books and almost next to nothing to put them at similar as the other books(except the power armor.. and now the WS4 and A1 vs old WS5). Even Space Wolves who are suposidly the most unconformative Marine Chapter next to the Black Templars(same goes for them here really) have nothing special going for them except 1 or 2 pieces of wargear(Frost Blade and Wolf Claws), BT even less so.

I will agree now though that this new Codex will make them a tad similar by giving them Rhinos and downgrading their statline, but aside from that...

It's like saying "Sisters of Battle are akin to a marine army because they have power armor, BS4 and Rhinos" and negatiting the waterfall of things that make them unique and differeniate themselves from the average joe marine army/codex.

/Rant over :D

P.S. I don't mean to be offensive or upset anyone. I just see this statement tossed around a bit to much and I find it to be somewhat silly. The whole point of Grey Knights(to me) is that they ARE different, that they AREN'T just another Marine Dex with 1 new unit and a bad naming convention. I think all this reported new Wargear and new Units(Paladins, and the Dreadtimus Prime, and Purifiers, etc) are showing that rather well. Now it is just a matter of waiting to see if all this is true.

So you have asked, so you shall receive. I can\'t guarantee that all of this is super correct, as I don\'t have it in front of me right now, but I will say:

Nemesis Weapons, as far as I know are Force Weapons. HOWEVER, because of how Brotherhood of Psykers works (A unit casts a psychic power as a singular entity) I believe this means that only one weapon can become a Force Weapon per turn (If you so choose to use it over Hammerhands), and the rest are power weapons. Still, nothing to sneeze at.

-Nemesis Halberd: +1 Initiative

-Nemesis Daemonhammer: +1 Strength

-Nemesis Falchions: Force Lightning Claws

-Nemesis Warding Stave: Power weapon that conveys a 2++ Invulnerable save. (I know. Madness.) They\'re 25-20 points per depending on the squad.

-Daemonhammer - This entry confuses me. There\'s both a Nemesis Daemonhammer and a regular Daemonhammer, but as far as I know, this one is a Thunderhammer with Daemonbane.

Psyk-Out grenades reduce morale of the unit they attack, I believe, but that one is the one i\'m the most unsure on.

Continue!

Can you find out more about the Warding Stave? For some reason this doesn't sound right.

What's Daemonbane on the Daemonhammer?

And lastly, so PAGK are Grey Knights with Ld.8 WS4, S4, 1 attack, but they have a power weapon. That's not too bad then.

Here's some Paladin Wargear and we have no idea what they do:

Psychout grenades, Brotherhood Banner, Nemesis Demon Hammer, Pair of Nemesis Falchions, Nemesis Warding Stave, Psycannon, Incinerators, Psylencers, Apothecary, Banner of Brotherhood, Psybolt Ammo, Master craft any weapon +5 points.

What is the Brotherhood Banner?

Psylencers?

Psybolt Ammo?

What do they do?

For the falchions I wouldn't be surprised if it was just the same effect as LC's not actually modeled as such. As in having two swords + SB. Because, come on, no one, no matter how much hate you throw at them is going to do that.

The DK is so dumb I can't ever see myself ever using it or taking it seriously. But now I realize that, given GW's extreme resistance to invalidating old models, that Grey Knights are forever now stuck with it. The thought of that alone has entirely killed my urge to play this army now. ^_^

P.S. I don't mean to be offensive or upset anyone. I just see this statement tossed around a bit to much and I find it to be somewhat silly. The whole point of Grey Knights(to me) is that they ARE different, that they AREN'T just another Marine Dex with 1 new unit and a bad naming convention. I think all this reported new Wargear and new Units(Paladins, and the Dreadtimus Prime, and Purifiers, etc) are showing that rather well. Now it is just a matter of waiting to see if all this is true.

That may be the point, but by removing non-marine elements and options you make them more like regular space marines. I don't want to play a force that is all space marines. I want to play a unique army that has a mix of regular humans and super humans. The kind of armies you read about in the BL novels. In the universe of 40k, the idea of entire armies of Grey Knights fielded at one time is basically unheard of. Grey Knights are (or were) small forces augmented by imperial agents and local defense forces pieced together to overcome a dire threat. A threat that allows no time to send for great numbers of reinforcements.

I want to play a unique army that has a mix of regular humans and super humans.

What have you read/heard that you leads you to believe you won't be able to have mostly non PA? If rumors are true, bringing Coteaz opens up the floodgates for utilizing the very diverse Henchmen units.

Archived