Grey Knight Rumors Thread

Marmande

Well that's my point Princess. It seems like a double-standards issue which needs to be sorted out with the fluff. But obviously, chaos beings/artefacts are known for having corrupting qualities, which is probably the clincher in the difference.

--------

@ Commissar Ciaphas Cain

No worries Commissar, you're not the only one who is likes Crowe and his Champion cohorts, judging from what they've read. Dagmire on Heresy reported in his podcast that he thought Castellan 'Garran Crowe' AKA the super brotherhood champ was looking the most intriguing of the new lot. With all this enthusiasm coming from rumour-makers, I would certainly like to know any info about him or Stern; another character no one seems to care about.

Here's what a friend on Warseer has on Castellan Crowe so far:

1. Full name: Castellan Garran Crowe - from Dagmire's Podcast

2. Unit Type: SC, who's a super version of a Brotherhood Champion! - from Iago @ Dakka

3. Profile: W2 - from Iago @ Dakka

4. Special Rules: Gives Furious Charge to his allies (unknown perimeters) - from Dagmire's Podcast

5. FoC Ability: Unlocks Purifiers as Troops. - Multiple Sources

What are you allowed to add to that? Hopefully some full stats and background info on both. I'm wondering whether all this talk about Stern becoming a Mephiston-lite beast is true. Quite a change in character if so.

Also, any word on Storm-shields making the final cut? Aside from the ][ and their ilk, Kalgor Draigo seems to the only Grey Knight to have one from what we've heard so far. It sounds very inconsistent to do so.

i thought cruddace was writing this book, did that get changed?

No, it was just an incorrect deduction on "the community's" part.

Cain, please go ahead and tell us about The Grand Strategy, and also, what makes the Purifier squad significantly better than the Strike squad?

Thanks,

V

thank god.... after his butchering of my tyranids i don't think i could take another one in the bum hole from him.

come what may..... it will be better than Cruddace regardless of what's written!

Alrighty boys. Delivering before I go grab a bite to eat and get some Tanna from my aide, Jurgen. :lol:

Castellan Garran Crowe

-Head and Brotherhood Champion of the Purifier Order

-Wielder of The Blade of Antwyr, a super daemon sword that not only attracts heretics and daemons like flies, but tries to corrupt and possess the wielder, thus it was entrusted to the Purifiers to keep safe. Crowe is the only one with the fortitude to keep it under control.

-Stats: 8 4 4 4 2 6 * 10 2+

-150 pts

-The reason for the * on his A slot is because he has the same "The Perfect Warrior" ability that Brotherhood Champs have

-Artificer Armour; Frak, Krak, and Psyk-Out Nades, Storm Bolter; Iron Halo

-The Blade of Antwyr: Close Combat Weapon, but the turn his unit GETS assaulted they gain Furious Charge and re-roll all failed to hit rolls for that Assault Phase

-Master Swordsman: His CC attacks are Rending and Rend on a 4+

-All the rules a regular Broterhood Champ has

-Purifiers are TROOPS with Castellan Crowe

Purifiers are awesome because for +4 points over a PAGK they gain an extra attack and LD point. And access to The Cleansing Flame psychic power. Oh and Incinerators are free for them.

The Grand Strategy is the ability of the Grand Master to give one of four special rules to D3 units (Infantry, Jump Infantry, MCs, or Walkers, NOT Inquis. Warbands, ICs, or Modrak's Ghost Knights). The rules are:

-Hammer of Righteousness: Nominated unit re-rolls to wound rolls of 1 for the duration of the game

-Shield of Blades: Target unit gets Counter Attack

-Spear of Light: Target unit gets Scouts

-Unyielding Anvil: Target unit gains Scoring

Brother-Captain Stern

-Stern is NOT a Mephiston like beast. The idea makes me chuckle. He is good though.

-Standard Brother Captain Statline & Equipment

-Strands of Fate: Stern can reroll one to hit, to wound, or saving throw die PER PHASE. However, for every one you chose to roll, your enemy can reroll one of his own later in the game.

-Zone of Banishment: Psychic Power used in the assault phase in place of his CC attacks. ALL models within 6" (Friendly and enemy, and himself!) must take a Strength test. Those that fail are dragged into the Warp AKA removed from play. Daemons must reroll successful saves.

ALSO! I IS IDIOT. BROTHER CAPTAINS, GRAND MASTERS, AND BROTHERHOOD CHAMPIONS HAVE IRON HALOS. THAT IS ALL. 4++ INVUL.

-Commissar

Crowe seems like a pretty sweet deal for 150 points, specially if he opens up purifiers.

I personally don't think he'll last very long with 2W and while that is probably the point, so you can use the sacrifice power, I still think the power may end up being gimicky, as you won't always be in B2B with another IC or something you REALLY want to kill.

I can't remeber the weapon/wargear options for the purifiers, do they get access to personal teleporters?

-Wielder of The Blade of Antwyr, a super daemon sword that not only attracts heretics and daemons like flies, but tries to corrupt and possess the wielder, thus it was entrusted to the Purifiers to keep safe. Crowe is the only one with the fortitude to keep it under control.

FACEPALM...

So the Grey Knights get a radical-chaplain. Now that's rich...

Does anyone else think the Brotherhood Champions "Perfect Warrior" is rubbish and would rather have an normal A stat?

The Grand Strategy is the ability of the Grand Master to give one of four special rules to D3 units (Infantry, Jump Infantry, MCs, or Walkers, NOT Inquis. Warbands, ICs, or Modrak's Ghost Knights). The rules are:

So no Scouting Stormravens? :rolleyes:

Does anyone else think the Brotherhood Champions "Perfect Warrior" is rubbish and would rather have an normal A stat?

Yes, but like a normal chaplin, he's not so much about being killy, but more about buffing the squad he is with.

So no Scouting Stormravens? :rolleyes:

If LR's are a dedicated transport for termies (I fully expect them to be), then if you give the termies taking the LR scout, you will be able to scout the LR. Which means if you have first turn, you will most likely get a first turn charge (12" + 12" + 3" + 6" = 33")

Also;

The Blade of Antwyr: Close Combat Weapon, but the turn his unit GETS assaulted they gain Furious Charge and re-roll all failed to hit rolls for that Assault Phase

-Master Swordsman: His CC attacks are Rending and Rend on a 4+

Rending on 4+ is good, no doubting that (especialy combined with attacks that casue ID *chop* *chop*). But for it he loses a Lightning Claw.

I think I'd prefer to have the reroll to wound on a Power Weapon (from the special Brotherhood Sword) to a CCW with Rending on 4+. Especially as they'll have a reroll to hit from litanies anyway.

Sure, getting litanies on a turn you're assaulted is nice (as is FC), but I feel he's let down by Antwry...

Then again, I suppose after messing up Wolf the Wolfborn (Giving him Rending and a pair of LC, and FAQing it so he can't ever use Rending...) GW wouldn't get away with giving another SC a Rending Power Weapon!

thank god.... after his butchering of my tyranids i don't think i could take another one in the bum hole from him.

come what may..... it will be better than Cruddace regardless of what's written!

No, the alternative that's been talked about is much worse, Matt Ward. I'd take Cruddace over him any day.

FACEPALM...

So the Grey Knights get a radical-chaplain. Now that's rich...

This. :huh: Goes in the face of what Grey Knights stood for.

On other hand.. Better than: "Grey Knights are the second most pure chapter, second only to the ultra awesomeness of the ultramarines and their ultraknights of ultramar and thus the Grey Knights have chosen only to use the geneseed of Rowboat Girlyman in the hopes of one day becoming as ultrapure as the ultramarines!"....

Archived