Grey Knight Rumors Thread

Marmande

So, basically they're gimping the eversor?

Not so sure on gimp... his pistol shoots less but bs8 (2+/4+ to hit), 2+ to wound and ap 2 are amazing. (too bad it can't shoot twice :nuke:)

Neuro no longer poisoned, but now rerolls to wound... better against weaker enemies, not as much against wraithlords and such

No 12" assault, but furious charge gives him +1S and +1I, so better wounding, and striking even before mephiston

and ~7.5 attacks on the charge? still not to shabby (have to see if he gets the +1 for pistol+weapon)

with a BIT of luck (and the shot and charge), it wouldn't be unreasonable for one to take out mephiston (i got about 4 wounds average on him)

Any info on the potential stat lines for Grandmasters, Brother-Captains, and Librarians? I'm guessing if anything the Grandmasters will have a line akin to standard marine Captains, and the BC to something like a Wolf Guard Battle Leader? Is the Libarian 2W I4 A2 like everyone else's? And what might the options be regarding the GMs and BCs? All nemesis weapons sure, anything else? Are they Terminator Armor standard like in the current dex?

Wow. I'm up on every 40k site ever. I'm not sure whether to feel speshul or wait for the GW Inquisition to kick my door in. Anything else? Did we have any fluff questions? Or about the Grand Master's Grand Strategy?

Also, if you're going to quote me, at least get me name right. Ciaphas Cain. I have books you know.

Alright, I knew I was forgetting to ask about a few bits!

Any details on the following?

On the Brotherhood Champion:

- Empyrean Mines

On the Dreadnoughts as extra equipment:

- Warp stabilization field

- True silver armour

Hopefully I'm not asking too much of you :nuke:

Edit: And of course, still wondering about the Psilencer and Brotherhood Banner, but those might be later it seems.

Edit 2: If you're taking fluff questions, I don't suppose you've seen anything about the Dreadknight's origins? otherwise, anything about Draigo's or the Paladins' background would be neat.

Alright, more questions. If the Inquisition shows up, i'm blaming you guys. I just can't disappoint you, my brothers. Real quick, two quick things.

-Orky Ard Boyz on Warseer: Didn't you know? My Doom Angels of Doom using their Doom Swords of Nemesis Doom-ness.. DOOOOOOOOM

-Jaon on Dakka Dakka: Assassins can be taken in any of the 3 elite slots, but each is UNIQUE thus only one per TYPE of assassin.

Grandmaster: 6 6 4 4 3 5 3 10 2+

Brother Captain is the same minus a BS point.

Libbies, see GM stat line -1 WS -2 BS -1W -1I -1A

What, no one cares about the Brotherhood Champion? For shame!

BC and GM can take Psycannon, Incinerator, Psilencer, Servo Skulls (Up to 3), Blind Grenades, meltabombs, digi weapons, psybolt ammo, empyraen brain mines, psychostroke or rad grenades, and an Orbital Strike Relay. Oh and MC weapons. And all three are alll in Termi armour.

EDIT: Fluff questions! You're my hero. I'll answer the Dreadknight one for Brevity's sake, I'll answer the others later, if you guys come up with a list.

No one knows where they come from, be it Xenos or Dark Age of Technology stuff. The GKs basically refuse to say and tell everyone to F off who asks where they came from. They're basically used as Jes said on Warseer, to go toe to toe with big nasties like Daemon Princes and such. And apparently this thing is super hard to master so that's why we don't see more.

Also, Remember. The Commissar is watching you. All of you.

Also, Sven Kittyclaw on Heresy Online: Yes. It's lame. I've been playing GKs since they came out, and now they're going to be flavor of the month. I don't like it either. Also, It's Supreme Grandmaster Lord Kaldor Draigo good sir. Get it right :nuke:

Thanks a ton! Was hoping the GM might retain A4.. oh well. How much cheaper might a BC be then the GM? Is there any other discernable difference then a single BS point? Seems rather pointless for 2 HQ choices for so little a difference.... Servo Skulls?

Ha! So the Grey Knights are telling everyone to piss off about the origins of the Dreadknight. Shameless buggers.

And since you're so keen about fluff questions, here's a couple for when you are back for more:

- Origin of the Paladins? What makes them different from regular Terminators?

- Changes in the Grey Knights organization that explain why they are working alongside all three Ordos?

- Are the Grey Knights still free to pick their battles or have they been whipped into subservience and just follow orders from the Inquisition?

- Explanation for the Space Orangutans Jokaero's presence? You'd think these guys could just engineer a teleporter and get away from the silly Inquisitors.

- Explanation for why Daemonhosts are hanging out with Grey Knights?

That's already quite the list :nuke:

Thanks for answering questions, Commissar.

Edit: And since you were describing the assassins, can you confirm that the Cullexus lost his -Ld to psykers aura and the ability to inflict wounds to all nearby psykers?

Grandmaster: 6 6 4 4 3 5 3 10 2+

Brother Captain is the same minus a BS point.

Libbies, see GM stat line -1 WS -2 BS -1W -1I -1A

What, no one cares about the Brotherhood Champion? For shame!

BC and GM can take Psycannon, Incinerator, Psilencer, Servo Skulls (Up to 3), Blind Grenades, meltabombs, digi weapons, psybolt ammo, empyraen brain mines, psychostroke or rad grenades, and an Orbital Strike Relay. Oh and MC weapons. And all three are alll in Termi armour.

Good sir, thanks for the info.

Since rumors are all rumors and none of this is "legit", can you share some point costs? How much are GMs vs. BCs vs. Libbies.

Next, what does the following do:

Servo Skull

Blind Grenades

Empyraen Brain Mines

Psychostroke

Raid Grenades

Orbital Strike Relay

And, do the GM/BC and Libby come with a 4++ Invul? Icon of the Just? Or are they perm stuck with 5++.

And, can the GM or BC customize their psychic powers at all?

And, what?! You have to pay for what kind of weapon they have? Or do they come default with Halberds (+1I)

I'm asking about these core HQs because this is the backbone of our army. I must know!!!!!!!!

Shieldbreaker: Takes no damage, but PERMANENTLY removes Invul saves granted by items or wargeat

>_<

I forsee a boat load of RAW issues popping up with this...

Edit:

Also, how does the Vindicare's Turbo Penetrator interact with his sniper weapon? I really can't belive it's been upped to 4D6 (from 3d6) and retains Rending from 'Sniper'.

4d6 Pen with every 6 rolled giving you an additional D3 to pen...

I've heard that the paladins get access to the ward staves. Is it true they give the unit a 2++ and if so, is this confined to CC only, or is it a generic. Also, is there some sort of catch to it?

Also, can you confirm the Psilencer, Psycannon and Incinerator weapon profile?

It seems like the rumourmongers like sharing the love around each forum. :huh:

So:

• 2W, 2++ & FNP, Paladins huh? I hope the stave isn't some replacement for storm-shields. The lack of SS on a knightly-themed army would be silly.
  • Valaria looks like a radical if ever there was one. Should make non-loyalists happy. Get the feeling that this is why the Jokaero and Daemonhosts have been included...
  • BS6 on GMs and 3W on BCs seems quirky and unusual.

Otherwise, seems like Mr. Cain is going to have his hands full for the next few days...

I forsee a boat load of RAW issues popping up with this...

How so? It seems fairly straightforward to me. In fact, of all the funky powers this 'dex is supposed to contain, it seems like one of the least likely to cause shenanigans.

It seems like the rumourmongers like sharing the love around each forum. ;)

[*]Valaria looks like a radical if ever there was one. Should make non-loyalists happy. Get the feeling that this is why the Jokaero and Daemonhosts have been included...

Valeria is Ordo Xenos, which are known for using the weapons of the Alien against them. It looks like she specializes in Eldar, too. I love all of the cool, imaginative, wargear that she has.

Thanks to Cain for all of the rumours!

Valerian

Holy Throne! Look at all the replies. Alright, let's get to it then, shall we boys? Have Faith in your Commissar who has Faith in you! Also, if you wouldn't mind covering me while I tactically advance backwards.. ;)

So!

I. Yes, the Weaponsmiths are the Jokaero. Keep in mind they're in the Inquisitor's Warband and nowhere in their entry does it mention that they work with the Grey Knights themselves. I think it's a nod at the Ordo Xenos inclusion. You should hear their rules though, hoo boy!

II. I've seen some none blurred pictures, yeah. Some of that new artwork is impressive! And the Dreadknight box art is sweeeeet. You guys will really like it, it's the most bad ass Exo-Suit this side of Terra.

III. I'll get back to you guys on the Wargear stuff the next time I take a look. Orbital Strike Relay calls down a single Orbital Bombardment, I believe.

IV. Sadly, yes, the GM, BC, and Libby come with a 5++ Invul as is Terminator Standard. They can take Warding Staves though. The GM and BC have Psychic Communion and Hammerhands, and no, they can't customize their powers.

V. They come with Nemesis Force Swords as standard. If you want the Halberd and so on, you's got to pay up!

VI. Also, the Brotherhood Champion is an HQ too that no one seems to care about. Poor guys. I still love you and Castellan Crowe too!

VII. The Turbo-Penetrator acts exactly how it sounds like with Sniper. Scary, innit?

VIII. Warding Staves are a generic 2++ as far as I know. And no, outside of the Crusader type Henchman, there be no Storm Shields. Guess they wanted to leave that to the regular SMs.

IX. I'm actually kind of confused what the purpose of a Brother Captain is to be honest. He's only 25 points cheaper than the Grand Master and he doesn't even have the awesomeness that's The Grand Strategy that the GMs have.

X. Purifier Squads, I know no one asked, but they're so boss. My standard troop type thanks to His Awesomeness Castellan Crowe.

XI. Costs: GM = 175. BC = 150. Libby = 150. Brotherhood Champ = 100 (For Arty Armour and weapons of awesome!)

XI. FLUFF QUESTIONS HOOOOO!

-Paladin Terminators are basically super elite badasses. When a GK thinks he can be a bad ass, he embarks on an eight step quest to become a Paladin, involving spending a day and night in some super evil cavern in Mount Anarch, go test his will against some super evil book, kill a Herald of each of the four Chaos Gods, kick the ass of one of the 666 super daemons and more. Then he goes and joins the Paladins in the Hall of Champions and bodyguards the Grandmasters and Apothecaries.

-GKs are organized into various Brotherhoods, each with a BC and his bodyguard called the Brotherhood Champion. I can't be sure until I get another look at it, but it almost seems as if the GKs can be called in if any of the Ordos are having too many problems. SEEMS though, I have to check.

-It seems to be a mix of pick and called. The GKs can go drop the hammer wherever they think they need to, but if the Inquisition calls, they've gotta go be Bros and back em up.

-Jokaeros and Daemonhosts work with INQUISITORS not necessarily the GKs. I guess if they have to work with them they view it as a necessary evil?

XII. And yes, the Cullexus lost the aura and the ability.

EDIT: Also, as scary as Paladins are, they do cost an arm and a leg. And a kidney. Basically you become Iron-Hand Straken if you want an army of them.

What?! The GM doesn't have at least a 4+ invul and you have to buy that stupid stave? Nuts!

What's so good about the Castallen and the Purifers?

And just to confirm the librarian can take the stave too? Mat ward... If the GM is really 5++ then we got a problem.

At least tell me for sure that GKT can gain the +1 attack for having NFW + stormbolter counting as a pistol.

Hmm, kudos. I stand corrected. Still can't shake the feeling that it sounds heretical though. -_-

and the inquisitors who were using daemonhosts were all squeaky clean like?

i thought cruddace was writing this book, did that get changed?

Archived