Grey Knight Rumors Thread

Marmande

It's in that "unpacking the black box" video (has it been linked here?). You can see part of the codex (a paragraph or 2, really) and under the general rules for NFW, it says that under "brotherhood of psykers", you pass one test for the unit, but if passed, the each model count as having passed the test for it's wounds!

Phil

edit: BTW, I'm not surprised that falchion only give +1 attack (not counts as LC), as now your 225pts termi squads (w/falchions) can put out 20 force weapon attacks on the charge!

It's in that "unpacking the black box" video (has it been linked here?). You can see part of the codex (a paragraph or 2, really) and under the general rules for NFW, it says that under "brotherhood of psykers", you pass one test for the unit, but if passed, the each model count as having passed the test for it's wounds!

Phil

edit: BTW, I'm not surprised that falchion only give +1 attack (not counts as LC), as now your 225pts termi squads (w/falchions) can put out 20 force weapon attacks on the charge!

Why wouldn't you be allowed to link that?

I'll link it:

http://www.beastsofwar.com/warhammer-40k/g...nights-unboxed/

Bloody hellfire!!!!

That with the Brotherhood banner?

Edit: And yup, Nemesis Daemonhammers are Thunderhammers. Plus the NDK uses his at initiative!

The difference is 2 nob bikers dead vs. 10.

Yup, for 25 pts, your squad attacks 12 times instead of 10 (16 if assaulting - the GKT w/ banner doesn't count as having a NFW, I think, but all 4 others get +1 attack). And they all work as force weapons attacks with no test required!!! All that at +2 Ini if you have Halberds. Now thunderwolves and Nids Warriors also cry ;)

Phil

I have to point this out as it suddenly makes every Gray Knight scary as hell. Just got a look at part of the codex and it appears that the Nemesis Force Weapons are TOTALLY over the top. According to the book, a GK squad only needs to pass a single psychic test to make every unsaved wound for the ENTIRE UNIT cause instant death. It's not just one wound that your opponent allocated somewhere, it is EVERY wound that unit causes suddenly causes instant death. Good bye death star units with not psychic protection. I am just stunned by this honestly.

Nemesis Daemon Hammers (which are pretty cheap) work just like normal Thunder Hammers with all the extra Nemesis rules so you could have an entire unit of S8 guys running around if you wanted!

I have to point this out as it suddenly makes every Gray Knight scary as hell. Just got a look at part of the codex and it appears that the Nemesis Force Weapons are TOTALLY over the top. According to the book, a GK squad only needs to pass a single psychic test to make every unsaved wound for the ENTIRE UNIT cause instant death. It's not just one wound that your opponent allocated somewhere, it is EVERY wound that unit causes suddenly causes instant death. Good bye death star units with not psychic protection. I am just stunned by this honestly.

Nemesis Daemon Hammers (which are pretty cheap) work just like normal Thunder Hammers with all the extra Nemesis rules so you could have an entire unit of S8 guys running around if you wanted!

A bunch of S8 guys without storm shields running around striking at Initiative 1. That's like... vanilla tactical termies. It'll probably be more efficient to have one or two hammers in a unit as heavy hitters, much like a tactical squad's sergeant carries a power fist to increase its versatility.

Hmm, now that I'm thinking about it... how does the psychic test for the NFW's work with a varied loadout?

Say I have a unit that manages to have a halberd, a sword, and a hammer attacking in the same combat round. Halberd goes at I6, sword at I4, and hammer goes at I1.

Do you take the test after the first wound caused in initiative order or does the Brotherhood of Psychers rule change how that works?

Well, it could be written as a squad psychic power, something like: "Use this power at the start of each round of combat. All wounds caused by Nemesis Force Weapons cause Instant Death."

It would only change the way it works subtly, but in essence that commits you to using the NFW's, possibly at the cost of using another psychic power. Now of course I haven't seen the codex yet, so if I'm way off base please let me know. :P

A bunch of S8 guys without storm shields running around striking at Initiative 1. That's like... vanilla tactical termies. It'll probably be more efficient to have one or two hammers in a unit as heavy hitters, much like a tactical squad's sergeant carries a power fist to increase its versatility.

Hmm, now that I'm thinking about it... how does the psychic test for the NFW's work with a varied loadout?

Say I have a unit that manages to have a halberd, a sword, and a hammer attacking in the same combat round. Halberd goes at I6, sword at I4, and hammer goes at I1.

Do you take the test after the first wound caused in initiative order or does the Brotherhood of Psychers rule change how that works?

I agree that a whole unit of them might be silly, unless you have a Librarian with the Quicksilver power that lets them hit at I10 and said unit then could activate Hammer Hand which takes effect before you double your strength. That means S10 I10 Gray Knights.

They go into the initiative order part in the book, basically when you sort out the highest initiative attacks you roll the Force Weapon psychic test. So, for your example, the Halberd hits first and lets say gets one unsaved wound off. The Gray Knight player can then roll his psychic test to see if his Force Weapons activate. If the test is successful, that wound and all following unsaved wounds would then cause Instant Death. You only take one test for the entire unit regardless of initiative once you score a wound.

This psychic test however doesn't affect attached ICs though, they have to roll for their own wounds.

So falchions are basically useless.. awesome.

The +1A is still pretty cool I think. That's 4 attacks on the charge for a purifier GK. Some of them can have halberds for I6 while some can have falchions for the extra attack. Maybe 1 hammer to make a nice mix.

Well, It's still +1 attack even if there is no re-roll. It still gives you termies 3 basic attacks, possibly at St5, possibly insta-killing. Not great, but not bad either...

Phil

I will be sitting down with the codex for several hours tonight.

I will return with good news my brothers. Ask them here plz, I have my iphone with me :)

Please, only ask the questions that have NOT been confirmed yet, either in this thread or on my blog (click my link).

Archived