The Suoirebe crusade. Helsreach: DO YOU KNOW ME!

Eberious

Not at all,

A dry brush is where the paint on the brush is almost dry. Rub the brush(you'll want a old brush with short hairs, thicker haired ones work best) arcoss any areas where you want the colour to be. You should be left with the highlight/tone you want without the total block colour as if you were to apply the paint stright out of the pot. So you would get a faded look up to the extreme highlight at the very edge.

In fact GW actually do a paint that you can "dry brush on" works pretty well to be honest. But not well enough for what I use it for.

Wet brush, paint straight out of the pot, straight on the model, wet paint.

I'm not very good at explaining. You might find a better description on google search or the hobby section on this forum for dry brushing.

Wash wise, I use GW balck and I'll add a brown to the mix if desired for a different affect.

Not at all,

A dry brush is where the paint on the brush is almost dry. Rub the brush(you'll want a old brush with short hairs, thicker haired ones work best) arcoss any areas where you want the colour to be. You should be left with the highlight/tone you want without the total block colour as if you were to apply the paint stright out of the pot. So you would get a faded look up to the extreme highlight at the very edge.

In fact GW actually do a paint that you can "dry brush on" works pretty well to be honest. But not well enough for what I use it for.

Wet brush, paint straight out of the pot, straight on the model, wet paint.

I'm not very good at explaining. You might find a better description on google search or the hobby section on this forum for dry brushing.

Wash wise, I use GW balck and I'll add a brown to the mix if desired for a different affect.

I know dry brush and wet brush techniques separately, the way you described it, it sounded like you combined them haha. I'm guessing you just did a wet brush highlight then a dry brush?

Edited by saadeath

• 1 year later...

Annnnd  I'm back.  Update time.

Been off doing Eldar(follow link in sig) and a bit of a 40k burn out
followed so been lurking mostly not doing much at all. But over the last
week after seeing the last page of conversation, I had to get back in
there.  That and the Imperial Knight has some what interested me, wanted
to get back up to speed/level with painting again before I paint that
titan. As its been around a year since I painted black...with a brush in
this method. 

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/EberiousTemplar1/DSC09520_zps17a3d5f6.jpg

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/EberiousTemplar1/DSC09523_zps5cbee559.jpg

Top shot mostly looks a bit squint due to the way it is sitting.

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/EberiousTemplar1/DSC09518_zps520e7ed7.jpg

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/EberiousTemplar1/DSC09516_zps4e539238.jpg

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/EberiousTemplar1/DSC09515_zps1f41d1ea.jpg

Some familiar crusade badges might be recognised by some of my fellow BT brothers.

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/EberiousTemplar1/DSC09514_zps46a0cf4d.jpg

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/EberiousTemplar1/DSC09519_zps7ad6ad23.jpg

c&c welcome as usual.

Edited by Eberious

Big E's Back, kicking butt and taking names!!!

http://youtu.be/xcCTczvWlf0

In the immortal words of Aragorn, "You are most welcome".

A brilliant modeling effort and a very impressive addition to your amazing crusade. I will have to add these pics to my inspiration folder immediately. You may have been gone, but you certainly haven't lost your touch. Your army was one of the first to inspire me to take up the Templar cross.

I eagerly look forward to what you might conspire to do with a knight. I'm also tickled pink to find my campaign badge on the front of your Spartan. :blush.:

Cheers and welcome back Brother!

This is just awe inspiring and instantly inspirational at the same time.  Excellent work! Thanks for sharing!  I love all the little details, like the battle damage, and the chain going along the bottom.  Just wow.

May I name my newly kitbashed techmarine "Eberion", as a neophyte and later techmarine who trained under Master of the Forge Eberious and took up a name to honor his master?

Your work is.. Perfect. Exactly how I picture Templars and how I wish my crusade looked. I need to take the time and go back through your stuff again. So much amazing work. Hopefully it helps me with my vehicle painting issues.

Thanks very much all for the comments and likes, and yes as Honda so awesomely put it.  Big E's back in da forge.

I'm happy you like your Crusade badge on there. Right up in front in the enemies face as I smash this monster in the front lines of the foe. Thought I'd use a few of my battle brothers crusade badges to give a back story of fighting together and you guys are awesome(all of you are but only so much space).

Marshal Whilhelm     (on the main white area next to the red cross hanging off the chain)
Firepower                 (lower right on the track guard).
Marshal2 Crusaders (to the left of Honda)
Honda                       (to the left of m2c)
Arthanor                    (above Honda)
Daspanzeristuber      (above m2crusaders)
Acebaur                     (lower left track guard)

@Arthanor, yes, please do me the Honour. Looking foward to seeing him. 

Regarding the knight, just think stomp! and how one could model that. :wink:  

Having painted two of FW's Spartans I must say I am pretty darn impressed by this. It looks like it's a slightly different pattern to the FW ones, and I am dead jelly of your templar bling sense.

... I think my vehicles needs more shields and chains, hot damn.

From my analysis of the 'Eberious pattern Spartan' this seems to be a standard Land Raider with a lot of add-ons... Hot-Darn conversion and I'm curious on how he did both the Assault ramp and the 'centered' Heavy Bolter.

Excellent build Master Eberious... Excellent build! :yes:

I am always amazed by the amount of talented artificers that construct magnificent works for our chapter...

Truly amazing work brother.  May you grace the chapter with more of your magnificent creations in the future!

Thanks all,  even after such a long absence can always count on my fellow B&C'ers to make me feel welcomed back.

@Marshal_Roujakis,

On my WIP thread shows before and after. So yeah, just a basic LR model as the base. Might I add, a rather battered LR. Follow the link to check out the building wip.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/214218-black-templar-army-revival-and-some-fun-stuff-on-the-way/page-7

@Marshal2Crusaders, cheers , its good to be back brother. :)   Hopefully this time I'll get around to painting the model that I made of you. 

@Elenmar, all the best artificers are BT.

Working on some bikes at the moment so will be next up, along with jasper(aka  Firepower).

Thanks Master Eberious, I've always wanted to make a Land Raider Spartan without using the FW 'treads-everywhere' model.

Now may I ask.... may I borrow the concept?

I shall have you know... I'm susceptible to flattery.  So yes please borrow, adapt, build as you see fit. :)  

I also have a pair of FW LR prometheus heavy bolters to swap in for the quad lass-cannons. Don't recall it being an option for this tank, but is for home games. Will need to paint them up soon as well....cripes..so much to do. :wacko.:

I also have a pair of FW LR prometheus heavy bolters to swap in for the quad lass-cannons. Don't recall it being an option for this tank, but is for home games. Will need to paint them up soon as well....cripes..so much to do. :wacko.:

Now that is a capital idea (the HB sponsons), why can't that be an option for the spartan forgeworld? 

You may have "so much" to do Eberious, but we will all be waiting with baited breath to see what rolls out of your assembly line next!

Those hammernators are awesome, I haven't seen this thread so I'm glad you're back. This is an amazing crusade with a lot of inspirational work done. I'm always looking for idea's from fellow battle brothers on how I can improve and modeling ideas and I really am digging the idea of having our fellow battle brothers Crusade badges on our armour.

As one of the idea's I had always loved about The templar was that we don't follow a strict roster with set squads. Instead we pick and choose who we fight beside, So I'd imagine at some point surviving members be it vehicles/wargear or Crusaders would be picked up and folded into new crusades.

I'll have to incorporate this into my own crusade, Because it's a brilliant Idea and looks awesome more importantly :wink.:

It's stuff like this that makes me want to keep going with the hobby.

You think the men in skirts are crazy? You don't want to see us come after our "fallen". :P

You're not going anywhere dude, Templars are for life. ;)

No such thing as an ex-templar, merely a lapsed one.