The Suoirebe crusade. Helsreach: DO YOU KNOW ME!

Eberious

It is impossible to have too many chaplains. It is even more impossibler to have too many awesome chaplains.

The bike chappie is very cool, but I have a soft spot in my heart for TDA chappies, and yours looks brilliant.

Perchance, are you saving anything for the ETL this year?

I completely missed your Spartan. That thing is just dripping with detail. Very inspiring! And then I got to your chaplain. I can't even say how much I admire it. That is exactly the grimdark style I love the most. Artworks like these are what made me obsessed with the 40K universe.

Just beautiful. I would have said the terminator is amazing if I'd seen it on its own, but I saw the spartan and chaplain first, and they just sort of stunned me. I'll have to mine your pics for further inspiration!

~K

Thanks both,

@Honda, indeed, I have many Chaplains. Not actually sure just how many I have to be honest. Regarding the ETL, when is it? I want to paint up as much as possible while I have the painting bug.

I'll have a look around to find the start date, but let me know anyways.  cheers .

@Krikey, the grimmer the darker, tis exactly how I like them. 

Well, I got stuck in and finished some bikes (only 4 ) but its better
than my first attempt at the start of this revival. I'm glad I finished
them as it tells me I should get them all done, as I'm rather happy
with the finished result. 

I plan on making 3 full bike units one of them being a command squad.

Squad: Arguliss

Crusade badge on right knee pad, squad marking on banners and left knee pad.

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/EberiousTemplar1/DSC09546_zpsa710e71a.jpg

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/EberiousTemplar1/DSC09547_zpsf66171f1.jpg

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/EberiousTemplar1/DSC09548_zpsdb5ed21d.jpg

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/EberiousTemplar1/DSC09550_zps0a3eb0a4.jpg

C&C welcome as always.

Oh and... let the madness begin!!!:yes:

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/EberiousTemplar1/DSC09555_zps14a1c7c5.jpg

I don't particularly like bike as a concept, but yours are just brilliant. I think a lot of it has to do with your painting style. Very inspirational.

...and then there came a knight...

Thanks guys, makes me happy and keeps me motivated that my stuff still inspires. 

..and then there came a knight.....or two.  :woot:

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/EberiousTemplar1/DSC09556_zps9993e02f.jpg

Don't think I have enough gubbins to decorate both of them BT style.

Its my birthday today, the first one was bought with B-day money, the 2nd one was from my friend. I was like, are you serious!!  man hug was required and much smiles were had.  I also scored enough  (almost) to get a few boxes of bikes in for a full command squad. Although I might play test them a bit longer to really see if worth dropping that kind of money on them.

Are bikes worth it? or should I get something else?

Also I had £100 off work for being there 10 years. so probably gaming board supplies to make a gaming board. Good b-day on the money front, awesome dinner at my mums. good times. :biggrin.:    

In that case, happy B-day. :teehee:

:drool: MMmmm.... Two Knights....

You know, I'm always speechless when I see your models. Words just fall short to describe those models. So needless to say, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your Knight

And please, please keep the inspiration coming. You are pretty much our Painting Chaplain, swinging your Paintbrushius Arcanum, leading from the front.

++Imperator Vult++

Thanks very much for the b-day comments and the anticipation of what will come.

A very serious question now though.

Although I still have like £50 left to drop, I'm thinking of exchanging the knight I bought for a full squad of bikes and some online bits shopping, and then still have that £50 notes to get more or go towards gaming board or yet more plastic crack.

While having two Knights is awesome I can see myself using bikes more frequently over the Knight...possibly.

So what say you, would exchange in my position?

On the flip side, affording a pack of bikes every so often is cheaper than getting another Knight when the urge takes me.

@Andhil, ++Imperator Vult++  bows head fist across chest.

@Marshal_Roujakis, the forge is indeed being fired ready for impending creation ahead.

Edited by Eberious

Yes; I think the knight is entirely tradeable. One knight should be more than sufficient for your crusade.

Would these be a standard bike squad or for your command squad?  I mentioned in your thread in the wip section that the ravenwing command squad box has a converter's dreams worth of bits in the set, and would be great for use in a command squad; and has the benefit of an updated bike sculpt for about 30 gbp.  By comparison, a standard bike squad is 20 gbp.   The only thing you'd need to do is get some replacement headlight farings and biker bolters to swap out the plasma talons. 

Indeed you did, gave me ideas and stuff to think about. That's why I'm thinking of taking one of them back, that and most people would be like 2 Knights!! . It would also lessen the amount of actual Templars on the field and the short little bit of fluff/reasoning behind one being on my collection would be scrapped. 

Posted on my local GW fb page to see if its alright. I would think its fine what ever the reason, but I like to check.

Are bikes good in game, I don't get to play a lot so have no real experience with them.  But yes, this would be for a full 10 man unit. Probably a command squad, magnetised for options and run as normal bikers when needed.

But yes, this would be for a full 10 man unit.

Bike squads can't be 10 strong anymore; 8 bikes in a squad max + an additional attack bike; unless you're counting the chaplain.

Are bikes good in game, I don't get to play a lot so have no real experience with them.

Experiences vary from person to person- but I've seen them absolutely shine in some games.  They are good for quickly contesting an objective or popping lighter armored vehicles- remember, the can attach a multi-melta attack bike.  The T5 gives them some extra survivability as well.  

Probably a command squad, magnetised for options and run as normal bikers when needed.

That is a solid plan.

A word of advice if you buy the ravenwing box and want to remove the DA icons on the wheel well; take it slow and have plenty of sandpaper at the ready.  They take a good while to remove properly, it's not a rush job, haha.  Also, the backs of the bikes have little mount points for the feathered banner things-- they are very easily filled and sanded smooth and/or covered with stowage boxes and bags.

Also, happy (belated) birthday Eberious! 

Happy Bday!

Knights appear to work best as single supporting units, or in a group of three or more.  I think I'd trade one in, just to have some money for the forgeworld lancer variant that was just announced, and looks AMAZING.

H9yg4mPuwq_lsY9u9NCRtQHk3Xdd8oCOF2PcGCY8V-RDF579-ywTpCkBmqNOTHhBVg=w1168-h499

Thanks both for the b-day wishes. Not a huge fan of that FW knight tbh.

So the current plan is to exchange the extra Knight for 3 boxes of bikes and the codex for the knights. Do need to know how to use them I guess. :)

Done some mail ordering of bits.

And for the love of my sanity(spent the last 3hrs or longer) trying to find a decent female head/s. Does anyone know where I can get a scale female head/s.

yup, done that, currently doing another random search. Looked at Infinity, raging heros Kapitan Ivanka Kurganova model, and others. I have ordered Dark Eldar Hekatrix with Hairpiece Options. Like you say trim those ears down and try and add some more hair. Should be fine for what I want it for. The face is a little sharp? but its the best one I can currently find. 

Ok lil update on whats going on in the Forge. When I heard that the knight had a stomp attack there was only one way
to model this beast. In a stomp attack with its thunderous foot of DOOM!

Managed to get away with doing to much converting
to the pistons and such. Which is good as couldn't find the right size
of plastic rod to replace them. 

One foot you don't want to be under!

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/EberiousTemplar1/DSC09572_zpsec3e16ab.jpg

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/EberiousTemplar1/DSC09575_zpse68274a7.jpg

Might have some more pics later tonight, but of the interior that I'm working on.

Edited by Eberious