Phoenix Knights - Expeditionary Force (1st & 2nd Cie)

One-eye

Before finishing the tac squad, I had fun building a second Librarian for the Phoenix Knights, in the frame of Grotsmaha's challenge.

Logrus stepped over the charred remains of his former adversary, the dancing blue flames exiting from the skull being the only traces of the psychic attack's power. Laying his hand above the ethereal sphere at the top of his staff, he began to whisper ancient words. The powers of the warp were flowing between the force weapon and the old space marine, but no mortal could have claimed whether the power of the Epistolary was feeding the staff or the opposite. The only thing certain was the death of many other traitors this day.

gallery_61390_6100_14670.jpg

gallery_61390_6100_28850.jpg

gallery_61390_6100_101336.jpg

More views in the challenge thread. Hope you like him smile.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Anaziel. This Librarian didn't win unanimous support but I like him smile.png

As I have to move to another country soon, I don't have time and room to paint like I want. But the idea of a Deathwatch Kill Team made it through my mind, and I began converting a 5 man team + 1 Librarian (1 more biggrin.png),that will count-as Sternies.

The 3 first are there, tell me what you think (the pictures are a bit blurry, sorry for that).

Brother Melmoth de Vanth, the chapter he belongs to is quite easy to fix, isn't it wink.png

gallery_61390_8644_84670.jpg gallery_61390_8644_3739.jpg

gallery_61390_8644_53687.jpg

Brother Brennus of the Angel Sanguine

gallery_61390_8644_121478.jpg gallery_61390_8644_55777.jpg

Brother Enoch Macallan, heavy flamer. You can't guess the chapter with the model, but with the name it should be easy smile.png

gallery_61390_8644_1361.jpg gallery_61390_8644_19823.jpg

I always thought that Culln shoud have a cigar so I decided to test. Cigar + heavy flamer is just badass biggrin.png

The next two are coming, the librarian will follow but there's a lot of work on him...

That heavy flamer is one of the most badass things I have seen (especially combined with the cigar). But I may be a bit slow, what chapter is he supposed to be from, salamanders or Red scorpions? ermm.gif

He's a Storm Wardens.

Storm Wardens is a chapter with a strong Scottish feeling, that's why Enoch Macallan, the heavy flamer bearer, is a proud member of their sternguards :)

Sorry for the self reply, but the rest of the squad is done :

Brother Botusaï, White Scars.

This fearsome veteran of the White Scars is always equiped with a strange modified bolter, having a one-shot crossbow in the upper part. The melta explosive head of his bolt has a devastator effect at short range, even against the most armoured vehicle (count-as combi-melta as for the rest of the squad, but a reference to White scars mongolian origins and to Subotaï of course. I used more than 10 different parts to build that ... thing smile.png)

gallery_61390_8644_34690.jpg gallery_61390_8644_2977.jpg

Brother Kanon, veteran of the Executioners and squad leader.

A giant of a man even among the Astartes, Kanon is the honor-brother of Botusaï.Those two ancient members of the Deathwatch have saved each other lives many times and have become real brother-in-arms.

gallery_61390_8644_57367.jpg gallery_61390_8644_13171.jpg

And a small squad shot (sorry for the differences concerning their bases...)

gallery_61390_8644_170024.jpg

The Libby is nearly done. I hope to show them painted soon of course.

Sorry for the self reply, but the rest of the squad is done :

Brother Botusaï, White Scars.

This fearsome veteran of the White Scars is always equiped with a strange modified bolter, having a one-shot crossbow in the upper part. The melta explosive head of his bolt has a devastator effect at short range, even against the most armoured vehicle (count-as combi-melta as for the rest of the squad, but a reference to White scars mongolian origins and to Subotaï of course. I used more than 10 different parts to build that ... thing smile.png)

gallery_61390_8644_34690.jpg gallery_61390_8644_2977.jpg

Brother Kanon, veteran of the Executioners and squad leader.

A giant of a man even among the Astartes, Kanon is the honor-brother of Botusaï.Those two ancient members of the Deathwatch have saved each other lives many times and have become real brother-in-arms.

gallery_61390_8644_57367.jpg gallery_61390_8644_13171.jpg

And a small squad shot (sorry for the differences concerning their bases...)

gallery_61390_8644_170024.jpg

The Libby is nearly done. I hope to show them painted soon of course.

While I really love your entire army One-Eye (especially your gorgeous Sternguard!), I think this Deathwatch Kill-team are my new favourites. I just adore Deathwatch squads, the mix of marines from different chapters really add a feeling of true individuality and a sense of characterization to both the group and each marine, especially when they have such awesome conversions to enhance that individuality! I love the converted combi-meltas, especially Botusaï's melta-bow. Might I inquire as to where your obtained those drum magazines?

Thank you guys for the kind comments. The White Scar seems to win the prize :). I'm glad the "crossbowlter" pleases, it was initially my own trip, but took me some time to build.

@ SanguiniusReborn : that's exactly the reasons why I decided to build a kill-team. I like the inter-chapter special forces feeling + it's a distraction from the main forces and paintscheme. Glad you apreciate them. The magazines come from Avil industry (cheap and cool I think)

@ Anaziel : he's not only an Executioner, he is Kanon the B.... Executioner !

Thanks ChaptermasterDemon7.

Here is Alaric, codicier of the Phoenix Knights seconded to the Deathwatch. Aside from the force sword, he uses a Hive Mind scanner, psychic tool designed to plug the Librarian to the Hive mind using the living synapse creature head. He usually leads Kanon kill-team, especially agains the Tyranid threat. Some rumoured they came back alive from missions inside a Hive fleet... but it's probably untrue.

gallery_61390_8644_32769.jpg gallery_61390_8644_89265.jpg

gallery_61390_8644_6504.jpg gallery_61390_8644_19907.jpg

Quite a lot of work on this one, even if the DV Librarian is obviously the main part. To remove the head I had to chop the rear torso + psychic hood. The backpack is glued because of the cables linked to the helmet & sword, so he will be a pain to paint.

Hope you like him also. Let's start painting now smile.png

Thanks ChaptermasterDemon7.

Here is Alaric, codicier of the Phoenix Knights seconded to the Deathwatch. Aside from the force sword, he uses a Hive Mind scanner, psychic tool designed to plug the Librarian to the Hive mind using the living synapse creature head. He usually leads Kanon kill-team, especially agains the Tyranid threat. Some rumoured they came back alive from missions inside a Hive fleet... but it's probably untrue.

gallery_61390_8644_32769.jpg gallery_61390_8644_89265.jpg

gallery_61390_8644_6504.jpg gallery_61390_8644_19907.jpg

Quite a lot of work on this one, even if the DV Librarian is obviously the main part. To remove the head I had to chop the rear torso + psychic hood. The backpack is glued because of the cables linked to the helmet & sword, so he will be a pain to paint.

Hope you like him also. Let's start painting now smile.png

Mmm-mm-mm, I love me some Mk.4 Libbies, especially such a wonderfully converted one! I really like the lore bit about the Warrior head allowing him moderate probing into the Hive Mind but that plain old Mk.4 helmet doesn't look quite right for the part, perhaps this one would suit better? It looks like it has some extra do-dads for the job: http://www.modelbits.co.uk/Forgeworld/Space+Marines/Legion+Command+Accessories/Forgeworld+Legion+MKIV+Command+Head+A.html?osCsid=5804c5f1ac8e699abe268ec08a98e72a

Thanks again, glad you like that DWKT + Librarian.

Mmm-mm-mm, I love me some Mk.4 Libbies, especially such a wonderfully converted one! I really like the lore bit about the Warrior head allowing him moderate probing into the Hive Mind but that plain old Mk.4 helmet doesn't look quite right for the part, perhaps this one would suit better? It looks like it has some extra do-dads for the job: http://www.modelbits.co.uk/Forgeworld/Space+Marines/Legion+Command+Accessories/Forgeworld+Legion+MKIV+Command+Head+A.html?osCsid=5804c5f1ac8e699abe268ec08a98e72a

I'm not the first one doing the Hive mind control system, but I loved the concept and decided to pick the idea.

I agree with the plain Mk IV helmet, but I need to empty my evergrowing bitz box :) The mini is already full of details, I hope that once painted it will look good (I may paint a = I = on the helmet...).

I'd gladly give a dollar and a handshake for another one of those crossbowlters (I wish I thought of that name too). It'd be so spectacularly perfect for a special character I wanna make for my Arrows. drool.gif

On another note, what method do you use to bend the brass to the plastic, exactly? My few attempts ended pretty poorly; not sitting flush, obvious folding, that sort of thing.

Archived