Phoenix Knights - Expeditionary Force (1st & 2nd Cie)

One-eye

Wow, amazing minis, I really like your turquois and yellow (specially the yellow). A wild thought came to mind, have you maybe thought of giving one of your marines a feather covered cape in various colours, it would look incredible if done right. 

Definetly some of the best minis I have seen.

Yeah I already thought about a feather covered cape, but it's beyond my skill now and I haven't fount a good "erzatz" yet.  It's quite difficult to make in GS.

:thanks: for the idea and the kind comments !

I'm currently painting the rest of the 2nd tac squad. As I don't find it supa-entertaining I began to build up the future captain Oberon (aka Peter Kay by LamenterMarine wink.png ).

gallery_61390_6100_13018.jpg

Let me know what you think (suggestions to complete him welcome !)

I don't know yet, probably not a helmet. The tac squad sergeant head (or the devastator one) are in a good position. I would like to find a more special one if possible though ...

Captain Oberon is off to a promising start, but somehow I think he needs more ornamentation.  Loving that winged spear/tuning fork from hell.

Have you thought of using the rebreather head from the forgeworld tank crew for Oberon?  The rebreather mask is sufficiently artificed/antiquated for the job; and the mohawk could easily be shaved off or resculpted.

Captain Oberon is off to a promising start, but somehow I think he needs more ornamentation.  Loving that winged spear/tuning fork from hell.

Have you thought of using the rebreather head from the forgeworld tank crew for Oberon?  The rebreather mask is sufficiently artificed/antiquated for the job; and the mohawk could easily be shaved off or resculpted.

I've made a forgeworld etched brass order to add more ornementation. You're right he looks quite plain now. With raven / imperial eagles I hope it'll be better.

It's a bit to late for the FW tank crew head ^^. I will make a test with the several rebreather heads I have, it's a good idea, thanks !

@ Cretheus, Retrovertigo, Tanith Ghost : thanks a lot mates, I will try to keep a regular pace.

@ Firepower : I've been inspired by lots of plogs here on B&C, I'm happy to contribute !

It's a bit to late for the FW tank crew head

I've got a spare I'm not planning on using. Would be happy to donate it to you for this awesome project! PM me your shipping address smile.png

Wow, you're a pretty stand up gentlemen KBA!

It's a bit to late for the FW tank crew head

I've got a spare I'm not planning on using. Would be happy to donate it to you for this awesome project! PM me your shipping address smile.png

Wow, you're a pretty stand up gentlemen KBA!

Indeed ! Wow eek.gif

I've finished a heavy plasma for the 2nd tac squad. It's from DV and de-dark angeled. Plasma coils are firish for the Phoenix Knights, ofc ! smile.png

gallery_61390_6100_7913.jpg

And I've made some progress on captain Oberon. A few things still miss (loin cloth), but he's taking shape. The head is a sample to have an overall view on the mini.

gallery_61390_6100_55944.jpg

Personally, I would have given them blue plasma coils, it makes a good contrast to yellow, but it sure is unique. And your terminator captain is coming along nicely, I'm looking forward to seeing him painted.

I do agree with this statement, but god damn it still looks amazing!!!

Looking forward to seeing this terminator captain painted aswell!! After seeing all your stuff it will for sure be jaw dropping!drool.gif

You're right, blue coils would have worked very well with the yellow of the armor. The thing is 98% of plasma coils are blue, and I wanted something different. Anyway thank you for the inputs and kind words !

One-eye, can I ask you how you did the plasma coils on that marine? I for one love the orange as an alternative to blue/green coils- it looks like it is being heated by the fires of the emperor's wrath!  I wanna avoid the traditional for my bone colored marines.

One-eye, can I ask you how you did the plasma coils on that marine? I for one love the orange as an alternative to blue/green coils- it looks like it is being heated by the fires of the emperor's wrath! I wanna avoid the traditional for my bone colored marines.

The coil and the surroundings are painted in blazing orange, then I blend toward the angle to sunburst yellow and then to pure white, principally the recesses of the coil and the angles of the zones immediatly beside it. After that I glaze with red and yellow inks (old ones). The problem is the white doen't show up on the photo (neither on the weapon nor on the helmet...)

Hope this helps ! smile.png

Simply amazing stuff.

As for unique heads I find Korvydae's works wonders. Shame you have already done your FW order, but the half mask MKIII helm mohawk head mentioned from the tank crew does look good in termies. I nearly used it on my Doom Fists and recently Skulltakers.

A bonus to using Korvydae is the rest of him is covered in Raven Guard icons so I am sure his bits would get used on some of your other units.

Saying that I have a few of his body, thunderhammer and jump pack sat doing nowt at the moment as I only wanted the heads (and one thunderhammer) initially so if you are UK PM me and I'll mail you one. I may even have the head in question spare.

Archived