Carcharadons

I think its funny that you think that way Machinepriest, seeing as how you probably inspired most of the other threads on Charcaradons. I would say you shouldn't let other people joining in ruin it for you, in fact you should probably mentor them if they are struggling. You could also strive to be more creative with your Carcharadons. I have not seen one Mauri inspired Space Shark, and the potential is enormous. Shark teeth necklaces, tattoos, shark teeth painted on helmets, etc. This is now your chance to set your models apart from other people's Carcharadons ;)

I'll echo the above and add my own two cents. There's something to be said for being a "leader" in a movement. Just do it better than anyone else. Take the artscale movement. Doghouse pioneered it (to the best of my knowledge.) Others do it now and do it well, but you'll always think of Doghouse when you see an artscale marine. <_<

Bolter and Chainsword community Petition to Machinepriest:

The collective plea to stick with the sharks, surely have warmed your heart to sticking with your sharks.

At some point, in any army you start putting a lot of effort in, will dull your initial spark in the army, but you have to stick with it. That's why some start making insane conversions, getting into freehand, start threads here on B&C to keep them motivated. Hell, you have barely scratched the surface on this army, and already have more posts and comments then my thread. Must mean something.

the community has spoken out, and would really encourage you to keep going.

And for the sake of argument, I don't think there is an army, short of a DIY, you can start, that has not been done already.

Don't let the new FW inspired Shark frenzy that hit some people stop you from leading the movement brother.

I sincerely hope to see you continue with the project.

Brother Melice

Any one who agrees, leave your mane under this post.

Dear Machinepriets,

It is a sad day indeed when an artist, such as yourself, no longer feels the drive to continue with such a great project. It is even sadder that you have lost your passion for the Sharks because of the numerous similar projects that have sprung up recently. Projects that most likely take a lot of inspiration and guidance from you.

I can honestly say that your marines are some of the best i have ever seen. I'll be happy to follow any project you decide to go for next. I just find it sad that you're considering discontinuing the Sharks. Especially for the reasons you stated.

Regards Kizzdougs.

I agree with Brother Melice and humbly add my play for you to stay with the sharks to his petition. I have already stated my reasonsand beg you again to reconsider. Perhaps you could paint a squad or two from one of the other loyalists forces involved with the Badab War. I would suggest the Exorcists Chapter if I haven't already. That would give you some time to consider what a brilliant and positive impact your sharks have on the B&C community. I shudder to think how amazing marines from those two very contrasting Chapters would look together on the table. I would offer you a bribe to stay with the sharks but I don't know what to offer. Please stay the course, if not for yourself then at least for the benefit of all those you have inspired so far and those to come.

Bolter and Chainsword community Petition to Machinepriest:

The collective plea to stick with the sharks, surely have warmed your heart to sticking with your sharks.

At some point, in any army you start putting a lot of effort in, will dull your initial spark in the army, but you have to stick with it. That's why some start making insane conversions, getting into freehand, start threads here on B&C to keep them motivated. Hell, you have barely scratched the surface on this army, and already have more posts and comments then my thread. Must mean something.

the community has spoken out, and would really encourage you to keep going.

And for the sake of argument, I don't think there is an army, short of a DIY, you can start, that has not been done already.

Don't let the new FW inspired Shark frenzy that hit some people stop you from leading the movement brother.

I sincerely hope to see you continue with the project.

Brother Melice

Any one who agrees, leave your mane under this post.

+1

Ludovic

STOP FRATERS, WE ARE INITIATING A BANGWAGONI'N PETITION !

Bah Machinepriest, stopping for such a reason is a pity, painting is no matter of Ego (except for Bonamant and a few others of course) but a matter of personal sensibility and skill and you do very well !

Will you stop breathing too ? Because there are many guys who breathe in a outrageous bandwagon way, you know ?

;)

DS

As someone who was inspired by you to pick up a brush after almost a year of not touching my models, I implore you to keep at it. Seeing a fresh crop of ideas, some great modeling, and truly amazing painting has me back to work building out a force I'd be proud to put on a table.

Archived