Carcharadons

those charcadons look really really great. You are doing an amazing job!

Could you please tell us how you do that weathering? its one of the best i've seen!!

i cant wait to see Commander Tyberos, i reckon your scheme will really make that mini stand out

also , how have you attached the chain bayonets to the bolters ,just super glue?

one thing i have noticed it looks to me you havent put them far back enough on the bolter. i ran across the same problem myself recently , this is how forgeworld seems to attach them:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-4000...FERROX-X10.html (2nd PIC)

i know these are a different pattern but surely they attach the same

Today is a happy day... I'm sure you can guess why.

CARCHARODON TRANSFERS!

Finally!

The decal sheet is everything I hoped for and I can't wait till I get mine in the mail.

I ordered a sheet and a MKIV Ironclad Dreadnought with a Seismic Hammer which I'm going to convert to have a brutal looking Sharks head instead of that Eagle ram.

And as for that Contemptor pattern Dreadnought... WHOA.

I'm SO getting one in a couple of weeks.

So, expect a Forgeworld Ironclad and Contemptor Dreadnought in weathered grey with shark icons in the future! :)

At the moment, I'm working on my Tyberos.

He's going to be a bit different and I'll show you why in a couple of days...

Right!

Lots of questions to answer.

Beef: I just tear a piece from a regular kitchen sponge. You can also use the foam from blister packs.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4037/427391..._a0c91494a1.jpg

I hold the piece of sponge with a pair of tweezers in order to get to areas like between the legs.

I dab it into the paint and wipe it against a paper towel to get most of the paint of the sponge, I then gently dab it onto the model focusing on areas that would receive a lot of abuse like sharp edges and joints.

I cover up any excessive chips with the base colour. I also paint some chips with a brush like the fine dark lines you can see on my models.

Lorenzen: The Blood Angel was painted with Vallejo game colour: Bloody Red, shaded with Devlan Mud and highlighted with Vallejo model colour: Brown Rose.

savage_heathen: Thanks a lot! The modification is really minor. First of all, I use the helmets from the Space Wolf Terminators as they have these vertical slits on the cheeks which I think gives a sort of gill-like look which suits Carcharodons well. I then shave off the top 'plate' above the eyes carefully with a scalpel. You can see which part I'm talking about if you compare my Terminators with regular ones :)

Kay: Thanks for the compliment. See the reply I gave to Beef for a rundown on the weathering.

Thanks again for all the feedback people!

I really appreciate it.

Even though you use that silly old chapter name :P :tu:

These look tough. Bad-Sam's Wolves use something similar with a light grey and then black shoulders, and I am surprised at how good the light grey looks. Same with yours, it looks really tough. The white face and black eyes are a great combo, and the whole colour combination has a great "realistic" look that you don't quite get with some other Chapters.

I know the old SS had the red-stripe, but it looks much cooler without, imo.

Do the Space Sharks basically use C:SM with a few fancy bits thrown in?

I love what you have done with your marines. I'm going to be using your grey recipe on my sharks as soon as my custom chapter badge molds arrive. I know someone who can provide you with some molds of the Sharks emblem if you are interested. PM me for details and keep up the excellent work.

cheers for the recipe, ill have to have a look at brown rose as a highlight colour at some point.. its cool to see the charcaradon transfers being released.. but at the same time it depresses me knowing that my chapter is most likely going to be last on the list..

im very interested to see how your scheme comes out on a vehicle or if you go insane from all the flat pannels and subtle weathering you have to do.. though insanity is always cool i guess.

I have to ask you a LOT of things about them, but before... COMPLIMENTS!! They are really beautiful!!

I'd like to know a couple of things!

1) How did you made the terminator's studs?

2) How did you made his head looking like this? Ok, i read the post just above mine xD

They are awesome!!

I love them, but the Carcharodons are mutants so the bareheaded guy just seems out of place. They have rows of teeth like a shark, so anyone just talking to them would freak out.

However, dont let my fluffnazism keep you from posting pics of these sexy sea monsters :P

I love them, but the Carcharodons are mutants so the bareheaded guy just seems out of place. They have rows of teeth like a shark, so anyone just talking to them would freak out.

However, dont let my fluffnazism keep you from posting pics of these sexy sea monsters :P

Source for the rows of teeth?

Source for the rows of teeth?

IA 10 - Badab War pt 2, athough it doesn't say specifically that all of the Caracharodon's have teeth like that.

Honestly id prefer them without the whole shark teeth idea.

Its weird enough that the space wolves turn into werewolves, without every chapter with an animal in its name taking on some of that animal's characteristics.

i didnt see any mention of shark teeth in the badab book.. dark eyes and dodgy skin colouring yes.. rows of teeth not so much.

plus they do talk.. rarely and apparenting in high gothic most of the time.. but they do talk.. its just in battle everything is done over encyrpted vox so they seem silent.

Cause, y'know, everyone else doesn't already have bizarrely fitting names anyway...

Blood Angels, space vampires whose Primarch was literally an angel.

Iron hands, a Chapter obsessed with bionics, who had a Primarch quite literally with hands of metal.

etc.

It's just a 40k thing

Armored gauntlets went to the Terminator's helm and the fastenings hissed open, amber light dying in the helms optic-lenses. The scarred face that was revealed was sharp visaged and waxen, deathly white, the eyes as fathomless and pitiless a ablack as the dark between the stars.

"Hail the Emperor," the Carcharodon whispered through rows of ivory teeth.

Imperial Armor 10, page 17.

Archived