Best Marine from a Legion

Jim Shady

Indeed, i think that the Emperor would have probably chosen Sigismund as his personal champion, although saying that, it could well have been a Custodian that the Emperor would have picked, after all they are superior compared to a Space Marine.

I still have an feeling he would have chosen me had I been there. I'm far larger than any infantry sized 40K model and much lighter on my feet...

Man, is it really obvious I'm bored?!

Anyway, I would still be interested to know what sort of arguments (read friendly, animated discussion) occur between authors in the enigmatic HH meetings we hear so much about.

Dan Abnett: "no way is that weakling character killing off my character!"

McNeil: "Tough! I think it sounds awesome for a giant space rodent to burst from his rip cage and escape into the air ducts!"

A D-B: "Well since we are on the subject, I was thinking of characters X and Y in a mortal duel, locking eyes at a pivital moment and then embracing their deep seated and previously hidden amorous desires..."

Etc...

Ok, maybe not like that.

A D-B: "Well since we are on the subject, I was thinking of characters X and Y in a mortal duel, locking eyes at a pivital moment and then embracing their deep seated and previously hidden amorous desires..."

Etc...

Ok, maybe not like that.

Great, now every time I read about both duels between

Malcharion and Raguel

I will not be able to not think about the subtext........ Granted it's not there, but the idea is now in my head.

Can't unsee!

scratch that how bout varo tigerous? he hasnt gotten any love. he is after all the best psycher in the imperiuim, he can make you into a red mist, take the iron from that mist and craft a bolter to shoot what remains of you.

Tigurios hasn't really been mentioned in this thread since he lives about 10,000 years after the titular "Legions". :) I.e. this is about those guys described in the Horus Heresy books and perhaps some Codices (like Sigismund, Khârn and Abaddon, who were around back then).

I'm gonna go ahead and suggest Nero Vipus, Loken's friend. He was a pretty good swordsman, wasn't he?

I would also have to make a point for pre-enhancement Lucius, seeing as he did take on the Megarachnid pretty well. I honestly don't think its fair for psykers like Ahriman to be included seeing as they would have their sword skill enhanced by psychic ability.

And as my final choice I'd say the Emperor himself. He was a space marine, wasn't he? I mean, they were made in his image and all... :P

YOu guys are all wrong, it has to be a SW wolf gaurd. Somebody like Bjorn or Bullveye the axeman of Russ.

Sigismund supposedly killed Khârn.

Yeah, that's a common misconception. No one killed Khârn, not at the Siege of Terra, not ever.

What really happened at the Siege was that Khârn was feeling a bit under the weather (likely from the jet lag) and wanted nothing more than to find somewhere quiet to have a snooze. So he killed enough loyalist marines to make a mountain of corpses high enough to be above the racket of the battle. The summit of the mountain was where he could finally have his longed-for nap.

Once the Iron Warrior artillery and Horus's death scream faded, Khârn's snoring became clearly audible; so the World Eaters had no trouble finding him and picking him up during their retreat. Khârn woke up eventually, fresh as a daisy, and hasn't been defeated since.

Not that Siggie didn't try to reach Khârn at the top of his mountain, of course, but he just kept slipping and falling on his face.

Sigismund would tear Bullveye apart. Sigismund supposedly killed Khârn. Yeah. Khorne's semi-mortal avatar.

The Space Wolves are cool and I'm gonna let you finish, but... Sigismund is the best marine of all time. All time.

To be fair, Khârn wasn't Khorne's champion yet. It's speculated in the current Chaos codex whether or not Khârn simply refused to die, rather than Khorne keeping him alive (but it keeps both as a possibility).

Sigismund would tear Bullveye apart. Sigismund supposedly killed Khârn. Yeah. Khorne's semi-mortal avatar.

The Space Wolves are cool and I'm gonna let you finish, but... Sigismund is the best marine of all time. All time.

To be fair, Khârn wasn't Khorne's champion yet. It's speculated in the current Chaos codex whether or not Khârn simply refused to die, rather than Khorne keeping him alive (but it keeps both as a possibility).

But he did kill Khârn regardless. And, Khârn was already his Khornish bloody self so, yah.

Sigismund=Trump card.

But he did kill Khârn regardless. And, Khârn was already his Khornish bloody self so, yah.

Sigismund=Trump card.

Really? What source has this information?

Sigismund=Trump card.

Really? What source has this information?

I hear dat!

Gonna go in a very different direction here and say Hastur Sejanus.

Granted, he was killed by an invisible dude in the False Emperor's palace (ironic), but he was mourned by the entire 63rd Expedition, and Rogal Dorn and his veterans provided the honor guard for Sejanus' funeral. Now, that says something about that guy's character.

If he had never died, the Warmaster may never have turned to Chaos.

Beside him, I go with these Marines in this order:

Sigismund

Abbadon

Torgaddon ( only for his humor)

Loken

Lucius

Khârn

Garro

Since we're not talking exclusively about martial accomplishments, Khârn has something else in his favour.

Note: Although, Khârn did "die" atop a mound of enemies. As in, a small hill made of those who tried to confront him (which surely included Space Marines). In front of the Palace Gates, which were protected by machine-gun nests and loads of shooters. May not sound as flashy as killing 13 chaos champions in single combat, but there's no denying the awesomeness and difficulty of the feat.

Anyway, Khârn scores points in...diplomacy, of all things.

So, Sigismund voiced his discord and stood his ground in front of High Lords and Primarchs. All good, but he wouldn't have been killed right away for that - yes, I know guns were pointed at the Imperial Fists for not accepting the Chapters, but it wasn't immediate.

Khârn, on the other hand, talked a berserker into brotherhood. A berserker who was subject to uncontrollable bouts of "khornish" (as in, extreme) bloodlusting, who'd murdered all the captains that had tried to talk to him before Khârn. A berserker with the strength and the will to tear a space marine in half without flinching and who threatened to do it every time Khârn opened his mouth. How did Khârn convice said berserker? He promised him blood. Using a metaphor, it's like a Tasmanian Devil gaining the respect of a Tyranosaurus by virtue of sheer ferocity.

Well, Khârn was in the process of slapping around Loken and Torgaddon before being run over by a Land Raider. After which he was famously known to be at the forefront of the assault at the Imperial Palace. And not to dismiss fratricide from notable achievements, he slaughtered a large number of World Eaters (and Emperor's Children while he was at it), effectively shattering the Legion. And he is still around to this date, being considered the greatest Champion of Khorne, without actually being empowered by daemonhood.

Archived