Space Marine B&C Clan

Alright, Uprising has asked to do a training session for those of you who wish to be part of a more competitive group. I've decided that since we have enough people, a team of 8 would be a good idea.

So to join, you will need to do the following:

• *If you can`t make its ok, real life is more important then video games. For the drills I need 4-7 people(if you come, you will not count toward the total)
  • Microphone, Halo Reach and to behavior in an appropriated manner. Also please listen to Uprising.
  • Be on at 9 pm, GMT-5 on Fridays. Practice for about 2 hours.
  • The first 10/15 mins will be intros and getting to know everyone.
  • Next, we will do some custom games on unmodified maps, so I(Uprising) can test them personally.
  • Then some Firefight, to work on teamwork.
  • Finally some big team slayer to wrap everything up.

I naturally will not be involved in this, as I do not consider myself competitive in any sense of the word. Also, if you're not on the team, it doesn't mean you're not on the team. Confusing, yes? Since there is apparently something called Real Life, which sounds horrid, as it interferes with things like B&Cing and gaming, we will need several alternates.

Thank you to Uprising for giving me most of the above, as well as putting the time in to take care of this.

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Alright, Uprising has asked to do a training session for those of you who wish to be part of a more competitive group. I've decided that since we have enough people, a team of 8 would be a good idea.

• *If you can`t make its ok, real life is more important then video games. For the drills I need 4-7 people(if you come, you will not count toward the total)
  • Microphone, Halo Reach and to behavior in an appropriated manner. Also please listen to Uprising.
  • Next, we will do some custom games on unmodified maps, so I(Uprising) can test them personally.

I naturally will not be involved in this, as I do not consider myself competitive in any sense of the word. Also, if you're not on the team, it doesn't mean you're not on the team. Confusing, yes? Since there is apparently something called Real Life, which sounds horrid, as it interferes with things like B&Cing and gaming, we will need several alternates.

Thank you to Uprising for giving me most of the above, as well as putting the time in to take care of this.

Wait, so in order to NOT be ALTERNATES, we have to get on at 9 PM GMT-5, and on a halo game we might not all have? Is this for the whole clan, or just a specific group in the clan?

And I am confused on exactly what this is... why do we have to have a group within a group?

I don´t know how many hours/week I can spend online(some weeks mayby just 1-2), since I work a lot, and other real life commitments just as Telanicus pointed out. But I would like to join.

PS3 ( If THQ makes a good port. Otherwise I am swithing to Xbox, but PS3 for now)

Northblade

I´m not that familiar with the time zones. But if Olisredan lives in the United kingdom and is GMT, then I am GMT +1.

Wait, so in order to NOT be ALTERNATES, we have to get on at 9 PM GMT-5, and on a halo game we might not all have? Is this for the whole clan, or just a specific group in the clan?

And I am confused on exactly what this is... why do we have to have a group within a group?

Due to the large amount of xbox user now and possible future members, we decide to have a separation of groups. The competitive group(8 plus alternates) would be the led by me and the other less competitive group(the rest) will be led by someone else. If you don`t have Reach, then another game can be select, we can adapt. If you wish to join the competive group and can`t make it tonight that's ok, there is always another time to join and you could always PM me about it. The point of these drills are to have fun and get to know everyone before we start playing Space Marine not to cause confusion. I hope these answer your question Telanicus.

I´m not that familiar with the time zones. But if Olisredan lives in the United kingdom and is GMT, then I am GMT +1.

Aye, the UK is indeed GMT. Expect me to send a friend request once I've got a replacement controller (the last one keeps thinking the analogue stick is pushed to the right all the time :huh:). Same for you, Evz. :)

Right. Erm... So, due to me being in the UK... I have to be on at 2am GMT? I doubt I could do that. If I can do a 9pm match with our UK based brothers, yes I can.

A few things you should know. On Reach I play close range. VERY close range. On Gears of War (more like Space Marine), I play mid-long range. I also play Bad Company, so I am good for teamwork :o

By the looks of it, this game won't really play at all like Halo.

If anyone happens to have it available, I'd actually imagine that Transformers:War For Cybertron is probably a lot more similar in terms of gameplay mechanics.

• Big stompy robots that don't jump like they're on the moon
  • third person perspective
  • not reliant on cover
  • a LOT of suddenly leaping into firefights and meleeing your enemies in the face with your built-in Energon weapons
  • the Scientist class (the planes, e.g. Starscream) approximates Jump Packs
  • numerous weapons that seem to approximate the ones in Space Marine (oddly, even the Stalker Bolter's weird quasi-sniper/rifleness appears to be equal to the Energon Battle Pistol)

Doesn't fit so well:

• the true HEAVY weapons that put out insane firepower and slow you down are REALLY hard to get in multiplayer.
  • the various abilities that buff or debuff Transformers seem to have no equal
  • Space Marines don't move nearly as fast as Transformers in their vehicle modes, and they certainly can't fly like a jet....
  • Space Marines can't go invisible like the Transformer Scout class. Well, not without Space Marine Scouts being added to the game.

But I'm just guessing.

By the looks of it, this game won't really play at all like Halo.

If anyone happens to have it available, I'd actually imagine that Transformers:War For Cybertron is probably a lot more similar in terms of gameplay mechanics.

More people will have Halo. Its easier to play when everyone has the game.

If I may, the closest we will come, with a game that alot of people might own, is Gears of War 2. Other than the cover system, it should be fine.

The Emperor's Champion and Firenze: I have a lot of reason for using Reach as a start up point but one of the main reason is it was one of the few games that wasn`t stolen. ;) I never played Transformers and Gears would have been a good choice if i still had it.

Firenze: sorry to hear you can`t make it but maybe Saturday night/Sunday morning i can get a few games in with you?

So the only person I have so far is Blood Angels Marine, well that's one more then i excepted.

If anyone happens to have it available, I'd actually imagine that Transformers:War For Cybertron...

And if they don't, they should. Just sayin!

Damn right. Horribly under-appreciated game.

One of the few games I could play multiplayer in forever......if the PC version had all the DLC maps and game modes the console versions have.... :mellow:

Archived