Space Marine B&C Clan

Just ordered the limited edition :blink:. There seems to be different release dates for different countries (as usual). In my coutry it will hit the shells 9/9-11. And My copy will come 1-2 days after that becouse I ordered it from a site that gave me a discount on the PS3 Bluetooth, so they will have to ship these items to me.

Did we decide on a common armour colour? Or is still unresolved.

System Xbox360

Gamertag FLESH_OF_RUSS

Would like to be an assualt marine. (I am a SW after all)

Please mention your B&C username so i accept it as I tend not to otherwise?

I agree with Kurgans first post and really dislike playing with foulmouthed racists.

Sviar: We're going for a Legio shoulderpad, with your choice of chapter color.

Have we all decided on which shoulderpad?

Might be a good idea to add this and the design into the first post, if one of the mods would be so kind? :)

I'm excited, tempted to book the day off work lol

After playing the demo, I'm guessing I'll be favoring Tactical Marine or Devastator.

I suppose there IS a reason I play so many more FPSs than Hack & Slash Action games.

I'll be not at all surprised if I end up running around as a Plasma Cannon or Heavy Bolter Devastator.

is there an other halo reach try out thingie this friday?

I would like to join.. so how do I do that??

had anyone played the demo yet?

i really like it :lol:

atin

You guys can put me down for PC.

I dont know exactly what class ill be playing or when, but count me in. as soon as i buy the game and get online with it id love be have some steam people to play with.

search for me on steam with my email address, i usually go by Crash, but ive been using different names lately.

(psycrash@yahoo.com)

i also have dow2 retribution if anyone wants some friendly games. (im not terribly good at it but i try)

Damn this demo is too good. I've been replaying and replaying the Inquisitor level, just to perfect Hard difficulty. Still no luck. The final part of the horde bit always gets me with a surprise Ork nob... :P

I can definately say that Im sticking tactical. I love the manueverability of the roll. And the 'precise' fire of my boltgun :)

I gotta say, considering I'm a gaming vet, I will only be playing this on the hardest difficulty. If I don't, I'll finish it in a day or two, which is something I do not want. Plus there is a special satisfaction when you nail a game on the hardest difficulty rating. :P

After playing the demo, I'm guessing I'll be favoring Tactical Marine or Devastator.

I suppose there IS a reason I play so many more FPSs than Hack & Slash Action games.

I'll be not at all surprised if I end up running around as a Plasma Cannon or Heavy Bolter Devastator.

I totally agree with this :) played the Demo and found that I had a habit of getting minced in CC, so I think Dev is the way forward for me.

Preferably with a Lascannon :D

I totally agree with this :) played the Demo and found that I had a habit of getting minced in CC, so I think Dev is the way forward for me.

Preferably with a Lascannon :D

I was good at keeping just at arms length. The only problem was the sodding ammo. I ran out of Bolter ammo in seconds, even when I was placing my shots.

I was good at keeping just at arms length. The only problem was the sodding ammo. I ran out of Bolter ammo in seconds, even when I was placing my shots.

This sounds challenging. Good, good. :)

I am glad everyone enjoys the demo while i burn my skin off on the sunny beach of Virgina.:HQ: But back to the point, last friday game meet turn into a no show and this was mostly my falt, for the lack of communation. We have about two weeks till Space Marine comes out and would like to have everything figure out by then. The game plan for all the xbox user(I can`t speak for pc/playstation members), is I would like to see some members on this friday nights and next friday at 9:00 GMT-5. For UK user i will try to work something out but school starting next week restricts my options. These meets are met to have fun with our fellow member and the funny thing is after the first meet i paint a few miniatures because all we did was talk about 40k. For those interested send me a message saying your from B&C and hopefully we can get 4+ people on. The game can be whatever game you feel like playing till Space marine comes out, then we will start ripping apart our foes. Hope to see you on Friday.(I should be back by then)

I was wondering if anyone saw the Avatar features for the Xbox market place? I am a little disappointed about no power armour but the servo skull is alittle tempting. Did anyone download any of the items yet?

I totally agree with this :D played the Demo and found that I had a habit of getting minced in CC, so I think Dev is the way forward for me.

Preferably with a Lascannon ;)

:huh:

I don't know how you managed that. I personally had no luck staying at arm's length while a horde of Orks was bearing down on me from multiple directions. No matter how valiantly I fought, in the end they were on me and it was chainsword time.

I usually have to resort to sword 'room clearance' in the horde bit and the occasional nob.

Ive spoken to Dorn's Fist on Live. Didnt get to play, but Ive got on of us lot on my list :D

I ended up going through both missions using only the bolt pistol and chainsword, the y melee attack, no grenades, and no zoom. Once I figured out how to do those things, though, it got much, much better. And much, much easier.

And Sviar, no need to worry the mods. The first post is mine. :D

Man, those Nobs are brutal. They come out of nowhere and just beat the hell out of you...

Playing on Normal:

Actually, I do a fairly good job of mowing down the vast majority of regular melee Orks before they even get to me. Occasionally I can entirely avoid them and keep out of reach.

I can already tell that once I get real good and fluent with the game I'll be nearly untouchable to the regular Orks. I just have to get all the exact controls ingrained into my instincts and fine tune my reflexes to the sensitivity settings. I can run and gun no-scope headshots with the Stalker-Bolter, and I'm good with the Bolter.

The massive similarity between the Bolt Pistol and Bolter keeps throwing me off when I accidentally switch to the Bolt Pistol (stupid semi-automatic thing....), and I can't properly wrap my head around detonating the Vengeance Launcher by hitting Reload. It's odd just in general that Reload would detonate, and then I'm also waaaaaaaaaay too used to the Team Fortress 2 Demoman's Sticky Bomb Launcher using Right-Click to detonate, so I usually end up stabbing an Ork in the face when I try and blow up his friend, and of course by then his friend has run over as a walking bomb that I explode in my face when I remember to hit Reload.... :cuss

Once I get it down so that I can switch to the specific weapon I need by number key, instead of scrolling through with the mouse wheel, I'll be able to react in time to snipe a whole bunch of them down at long range, swap to the Bolter as they get to medium range, and then bust out the Bolt Pistol instead of wasting time reloading when the survivors are getting uncomfortably close and need to be finished off. As far as the Demo's final battle at the elevator is concerned, that should be enough shooting to keep me Ork-free until the Nobz show up. Just do all the reloading between waves, methinks.

I think I'll basically save the Vengeance Launcher for Nobs until a better option for killing those things presents itself.

Regular Orks hordes can't fundamentally be much worse than hordes of Common Infected in Left 4 Dead 2, and I'm nearly untouchable to them on Expert difficulty. They can't even climb up and over stuff....

Really, on Normal you almost can't lose in this Demo....until a Nob shows up and is suddenly like 10x harder to kill AND 10x deadlier. I guess I'll try it out on Hard when I get home....

Archived