Inglorious Drunkards² (Tavern Brawls + Solo Duels)

MaveriK

I think some people failed the threat assesment roles in round four. Why little old me?:-(

Damn... maybe I will have some revenge the next night... :-)

You could have healed Meth. I couldn't allow that.......hahahaha!

There is still time... never know what might happen... also there are still a couple of Storm Claws running around all depends on what they do.

actually decoy the silent is the only stormclaw left, and going by his activety so far i don't see him healing someone anytime soon

I think some people failed the threat assesment roles in round four. Why little old me?:-(

Damn... maybe I will have some revenge the next night... :-)

You could have healed Meth. I couldn't allow that.......hahahaha!

There is still time... never know what might happen... also there are still a couple of Storm Claws running around all depends on what they do.

actually decoy the silent is the only stormclaw left, and going by his activety so far i don't see him healing someone anytime soon

If things go as hoped, he wont be doing anything soon.

Of, course, he could decide to resurrect Hrothgar the Immortal...
Storm Claw (use stats from EoT codex)

1) Furious Charge

2) Wolf Pelt. +1 attack during counter attack.

3) Healing Potions & Balms. Old tech, borrowed from the 13th company wolf priest. May ignore one failed armour save, may also help revive fallen team mate, per tile.

Last time I checked, you were not part of Team Decoy. Enjoy your nap, Hrothgar the Unconscious.

I love how my offline messages, I have all these people taking dibs on all the fallen drunkards LMAO. It's first come first serve people! can't hog ablative wounds, the wounds are meant for everyone to use hahaha. As for your question Elithren, Decoy can try to revive a comrade once per turn.

I love how my offline messages, I have all these people taking dibs on all the fallen drunkards LMAO. It's first come first serve people! can't hog ablative wounds, the wounds are meant for everyone to use hahaha. As for your question Elithren, Decoy can try to revive a comrade once per turn.

lol, if i recall correctly i was first to take dibs :lol: anyway, maybe change the rules so you can only use the fallen drunkards you personally took out?or use a dice to see who grabs the fallen drunkard first, 1-3 guy A, 4-6 guy B

If my Wolves were half as effective as Kieran is in this brawl i would die of happiness...

Lets kick ass Sister Skadi!

For Fenris!

For Russ!

For Team Hendrik!

WLK

So you be happy if you got tabled in turn 2, then a magic wish fairy brought your army back in turn 5? Hahahahahahahahahah!

if i got to hammer a dark angel and several good opponents, then yes i would be. especially as i earned the right to come back in.

WLK

lol, if i recall correctly i was first to take dibs ;) anyway, maybe change the rules so you can only use the fallen drunkards you personally took out?or use a dice to see who grabs the fallen drunkard first, 1-3 guy A, 4-6 guy B

Indeed and any sort of generic dibs doesn't work either, especially calling dibs on people before they're even knocked out old man.

I've always just done it by armour save. So whom ever is rolling for it and fails, pretty much gets the ablative wound. If not it's down to the Ld test for the stunned result. I'm trying to keep it as fair and easy as possible.

lol, if i recall correctly i was first to take dibs :lol: anyway, maybe change the rules so you can only use the fallen drunkards you personally took out?or use a dice to see who grabs the fallen drunkard first, 1-3 guy A, 4-6 guy B

Indeed and any sort of generic dibs doesn't work either, especially calling dibs on people before they're even knocked out old man.

I've always just done it by armour save. So whom ever is rolling for it and fails, pretty much gets the ablative wound. If not it's down to the Ld test for the stunned result. I'm trying to keep it as fair and easy as possible.

Kinda crappy to those of us that earned a initiative bonus via a solo duel. Chances are we are going to cause an unsaved wound before an unbonused brawler will and by default he will get the ablative wound before he ever strikes me and possibly causes and unsaved wound to me.

Was it intended that getting the initiative boost via a solo duel thereby gives you the disadvantage of not using abaltive wounds via knocked out members?

Just thinking about it some more, but a possible fix would be that knocked out bodies are not eligible to be used as shields until the following round where they are designated based on time stamp instructions. This would make for quicker rounds, as people are not just suddenly becoming shields in the midst of an ongoing combat. Also, the bonus initiative earned via a solo duel is not penalized.

Kinda crappy to those of us that earned a initiative bonus via a solo duel. Chances are we are going to cause an unsaved wound before an unbonused brawler will and by default he will get the ablative wound before he ever strikes me and possibly causes and unsaved wound to me.

I dunno about that?! I think it's all on the dice rolls! I mean, my initiative bonus got me to knock out or stun several people already.

Was it intended that getting the initiative boost via a solo duel thereby gives you the disadvantage of not using abaltive wounds via knocked out members?

*dun dun don*

Ablative wound issue....how about, if someone 'out cold's another in close combat, that person gains the Ablative wound. To show that they're still holding their latest victory?

Ablative wound issue....how about, if someone 'out cold's another in close combat, that person gains the Ablative wound. To show that they're still holding their latest victory?

To be honest with you people, I don't even see why this is even an issue!?! This isn't a normal 40K pick-up game were you purchase Fen wolves as wargear for ablative wounds. This is a *bleeping* brawl. Anything goes at a bar fight! has any of you ever had a real fight? an actual street, gang or bar fight? I have! several times growing up, I was a bad kid with bad friends, I still do :D I've gotten beat up, and gave it back myself. There are no pause buttons in a real fight. There are no dibs on what weapons you choose/use in an actual real fight and there are no rules or fair fights!

The "issue" here with the ablative wounds is meant for everyone to utilize freely, away from having it abused or made over-complicated. Those who are rolling for their wounds are given this option EQUALLY. It's all on the dice rolls! you people should know this well, because we are all at the mercy of the dice gods! If people are so concerned about these issues, then I'm more than happy to remove this courtesy in the next round and in future brawls altogether! So why over-complicate a simple rule? Ohh and this isn't MaveriK your wolf brother talking, this is the Tavern Master dictating and putting his foot down on the matter.

--EDIT--

Ablative wounds are now removed for the entire night of this brawl. It's going to be a hard lesson for the most of you! and it's going to be easier for me to roll now instead of keeping track of who used what and who didn't. This is what you get... a cranky tavern master! expect allot of bodies to drop in a few hours when I get back from work. Round six will be posted in ten hours time!

To be honest with you people, I don't even see why this is even an issue!?! This isn't a normal 40K pick-up game were you purchase Fen wolves as wargear for ablative wounds. This is a *bleeping* brawl. Anything goes at a bar fight! has any of you ever had a real fight? an actual street, gang or bar fight? I have! several times growing up, I was a bad kid with bad friends, I still do :) I've gotten beat up, and gave it back myself. There are no pause buttons in a real fight. There are no dibs on what weapons you choose/use in an actual real fight and there are no rules or fair fights!

The "issue" here with the ablative wounds is meant for everyone to utilize freely, away from having it abused or made over-complicated. Those who are rolling for their wounds are given this option EQUALLY. It's all on the dice rolls! you people should know this well, because we are all at the mercy of the dice gods! If people are so concerned about these issues, then I'm more than happy to remove this courtesy in the next round and in future brawls altogether! So why over-complicate a simple rule? Ohh and this isn't MaveriK your wolf brother talking, this is the Tavern Master dictating and putting his foot down on the matter.

--EDIT--

Ablative wounds are now removed for the entire night of this brawl. It's going to be a hard lesson for the most of you! and it's going to be easier for me to roll now instead of keeping track of who used what and who didn't. This is what you get... a cranky tavern master! expect allot of bodies to drop in a few hours when I get back from work. Round six will be posted in ten hours time!

Good....one less thing to complicate the brawl.

Oh, and my issue comment was to try and find a way to stop any moaning about it all. But your way works

Ohh and this isn't MaveriK your wolf brother talking, this is the Tavern Master!

does this mean i can take dibs on your, correct that, maveriks ale.? :)

but i think you're indeed overcomplicating things a bit mav,i know you're trying to make this thing as epic as it can be. heck, i don't want to know how spammed your inbox must be atm! if you want i can try to run the next night for you but i warn you, my photoshopskills are equal to zero so don't expect any fancy maps. i do have some ideas for fancy(and easy to remember) bar rules that take place before the fighting,similar to combat drugs :P

Ohh and this isn't MaveriK your wolf brother talking, this is the Tavern Master!

does this mean i can take dibs on your, correct that, maveriks ale.? :)

but i think you're indeed overcomplicating things a bit mav,i know you're trying to make this thing as epic as it can be. heck, i don't want to know how spammed your inbox must be atm! if you want i can try to run the next night for you but i warn you, my photoshopskills are equal to zero so don't expect any fancy maps. i do have some ideas for fancy(and easy to remember) bar rules that take place before the fighting,similar to combat drugs ;)

That would mean that Mav could get a brawl in too. Sounds good to me.

Given the no ablative wounds for the rest of the game, Felix (still unconscious) comes crashing back to Zynk's table, finally in possession of his honor guard helm

I agree with MaveriK and indeed it was a good idea to drop ablative wounds for now (trying not to brown nosing the tavern master). Bar fights and brawls are indeed not fair. Expanding on this, I don't think Inglorious Drunkards is supposed to be a serious game at all. There's a certain amount of imagination needed for this game to make it fun and sometimes when things don't go your way you take it like a man for the spirit of the game. I mean hell, the solo duals grant a serious advantage to players who participate and there's really no thinking involved with it. Just look at the indomitable power (and luck... lucky bastards ;) ) of team hendrik. The duel in game terms is just two people whacking the warp out of each other and hoping their dice rolls come out on top. It's 100% luck and certainly exploitable (two people on the same team dueling each other). However, in the spirit of the game and in all fun I don't want the rules to get overcomplicated and confusing. Therefore, there's a certain amount of honor I, and definitely everyone else puts into it. For example, when Arez and Felix(me) tied, I gave the win to Arez because that's just who I am (speaking of which a while back I noticed he didn't get perks, grrrr hissss noble deed went unnoticed).

Now get back to whacking each other with bar stools and throwing expletives into the air! I need to wake Felix up so he can apologies to Skadi for getting his chin in the way of her punch and to his team for getting KOed so fast in CC.

To be honest with you people, I don't even see why this is even an issue!?! This isn't a normal 40K pick-up game were you purchase Fen wolves as wargear for ablative wounds. This is a *bleeping* brawl. Anything goes at a bar fight! has any of you ever had a real fight? an actual street, gang or bar fight? I have! several times growing up, I was a bad kid with bad friends, I still do :) I've gotten beat up, and gave it back myself. There are no pause buttons in a real fight. There are no dibs on what weapons you choose/use in an actual real fight and there are no rules or fair fights!

--EDIT--

Someone peed in somone's maple syrup covered Cheerios this morning.

I am in awe of just how rude your being.

mav is running a game for our entertainment, at NO cost to you, and all you do is sit back and complain about what he's doing.

if your being sarcastic, your failing hard.

if your being a dick, congrats, you made it. you can be quiet now.

WLK

Judging by his previous defence of tourney players and aggressive non-fluff lists I think Brother Ram is just competitive at his core.

Back to hitting each other in the face and all that, however the rules roll, I'm game!

Edit: Thanks Mav

Archived