Inglorious Drunkards² (Tavern Brawls + Solo Duels)

MaveriK

Am I allowed to use the cords on my robes to strangle some mongrel into submission? :ph34r:

you can try, but these wolves your fighting are hardened/drunken Sons of Russ! pray to the dice gods.. because this is going to get ugly! (mainly for me, cause I'm rolling the dice LOL)

The Talon of Fenris sees what can only be a space marine sized dress enter the hall, but blames the lump on his head for the vision. staggering slowly to his feet, he focuses on the stranger and realizes it is indeed a dress, worn by a green armored marine...the fog lifts from his head as he understands what this new arrival is...PREY.

Immediate charging the new arrival, Kieran howls out for his upcoming victory.

WLK

*Vinny hears a howl, and shakes his head vigorously to clear the haze. Damn Space Wolves and their drinks! Should have ordered wine like a true civilized Son of Jonson.*

Oh you want some, huh, you furry mutt!

*Vinny pulls the cord from his robes loose and pulls the vestment off, holding it matador-style. He tries to throw it over Wolf Lord Kieran's head to distract the Space Wolve before trying to tackle the Wolf down with a spear-tackle*

FOR THE LION!!!

Glad to see my Night Angels aren't the only visitors to the tavern. Enjoy your stay son of the Lion.

Now to convince Mav to use the C:SM honor guard stats for the next game...

Anyway, I have no qualms with the Royal Rumble (nice name, royalty and all). I'm just curious as to how someone OUT COLD being used as a shield could have the autonomy to fight against the other KO'd brawlers. Unless in their drunken OUT COLD state all unconscious fighters enter a shared dream state... :ph34r:

Glad to see my Night Angels aren't the only visitors to the tavern. Enjoy your stay son of the Lion.

Now to convince Mav to use the C:SM honor guard stats for the next game...

Anyway, I have no qualms with the Royal Rumble (nice name, royalty and all). I'm just curious as to how someone OUT COLD being used as a shield could have the autonomy to fight against the other KO'd brawlers. Unless in their drunken OUT COLD state all unconscious fighters enter a shared dream state... :ph34r:

I'm sure it will be allowed. In season one, Mav mentioned allowing every other chapter involved. Hoping to have chapter brawls in the forum. As for the OUT COLD thing, Mav did write... *rings cow bells...etc etc" haha. I think most of the knocked out fighters have been used up as ablative wounds, so I see no problems having them fight to regain another chance to participate in the actual brawl. The mighty IRON CHIN (Nrth) deserves a second shot at the title for Inglorious Brawler.

I'm sure it will be allowed. In season one, Mav mentioned allowing every other chapter involved. Hoping to have chapter brawls in the forum. As for the OUT COLD thing, Mav did write... *rings cow bells...etc etc" haha. I think most of the knocked out fighters have been used up as ablative wounds, so I see no problems having them fight to regain another chance to participate in the actual brawl. The mighty IRON CHIN (Nrth) deserves a second shot at the title for Inglorious Brawler.

Ah, so very true about the cow bells. I think it'd be a nifty idea to refer to the person who comes back as "the phoenix" of the match.

I have faith in the fiery beard.

http://oi52.tinypic.com/t54t9x.jpg

Btw, I am intrigued. Who thought of this whole tavern-brawl idea? I still remember those days years and years ago where I would come here into the Fang and start a flame war with some random post (i.e.- "*I spill a barrel of your finest ale onto the floor and laugh*") before running back to the Rock. Never thought someone would start a formal game out of endearing :cuss-talking , haha.

This is pretty interesting. ^_^

You guys think we will see a play-by-post RPG session here on B&C anytime soon? I know they used to have it on Reaper's forum.

Btw, I am intrigued. Who thought of this whole tavern-brawl idea? I still remember those days years and years ago where I would come here into the Fang and start a flame war with some random post (i.e.- "*I spill a barrel of your finest ale onto the floor and laugh*") before running back to the Rock. Never thought someone would start a formal game out of endearing :cuss-talking , haha.

This is pretty interesting. ^_^

You guys think we will see a play-by-post RPG session here on B&C anytime soon? I know they used to have it on Reaper's forum.

You should see the first and original thread! http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=217688 this current brawl is the first for season two. As for your other questions, the quote below says it all.

At first I thought that I was out, just like the other times I leave on a trip for a bit, but then I see that I can smash a Dark Angel. Nice.

Let's see you try to strangle TDA with a dress. And the Mighty Mav started this.

If you go to the Other Games subforum, there's an official declaration of "No More PbP RPGS".

Now, green dress-wearing whelp-thing, prepare to be smashed. Repeatedly. With an ale barrel.

At first I thought that I was out, just like the other times I leave on a trip for a bit, but then I see that I can smash a Dark Angel. Nice.

Let's see you try to strangle TDA with a dress. And the Mighty Mav started this.

If you go to the Other Games subforum, there's an official declaration of "No More PbP RPGS".

Now, green dress-wearing whelp-thing, prepare to be smashed. Repeatedly. With an ale barrel.

I spit in your ale as I shall spit in your grave!

Come on closer and I'll shave that flea-ridden beard off of your chin, you mangy, wolf-mutant scum! :cuss

easy lads, save the energy for the brawl. I'll hopefully be rolling the dice tonight or tomorrow for round four. But I can't start until I hear from Wysten. As for the Royal Rumble... I'll have the results in a few hours. Good luck to everyone.

I spit in your ale as I shall spit in your grave!

Come on closer and I'll shave that flea-ridden beard off of your chin, you mangy, wolf-mutant scum! :cuss

Ach, laddy. Do ye schpit on me ale? Then I schpit on yer dress, which be's much lessh manly ten the mighty kilt! Aye, the kilt o' wrath, an' the caber, tah. Pah!

1: That picture from dexter's lab is awesome!

2:....

Why are you threaten'n the shiver lady in the white dress, she don't look like she be bothering anyoner. :diving forward to shove the brothers about, Nrth finally gets up to the "nice lady":

Wait a tic, you ain't a lady at all! Not a woman? NOT A WOMAN!!! (I loved Willow).

Don't we have any Fenrisian younglings running around to take care of the Dark Angel?

Just FYI, admission back into this tavern brawl for the Dark Angel beatdown seems a bit unfair for those of us not weak enough to be knocked out early and then have the simple task of beating up other weaklings, including a dress wearing weakling.

The common theme being a certified weakling should not have the opportunity to then become a a league brawler or tavern champ after already sent to dreamland.

gallery_24878_5332_20521.jpg

Inglorious Drunkards II was inspired by:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=194681

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=206879

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=217688

:: The Turn Sequence ::

1) Movement. A player moves similar to a rook and bishop in chess; moving any number of squares along rank, file, or diagonal

2) Shooting. (OPTIONAL, may go directly into combat if user wishes) Players can throw weapons available in each square tile in the map, weapons that consist from bottles, chairs, tables and the occasional Blood Claw. Shooting causes the player to be stunned and pinned.

3) Close Combat. Each user has the option to tag-team, or fight other users occupying a single tile in close combat. Once a player fails his save, he continues fight on with the following negative modifiers (-1 attack, -1 initiative) until he fails his leadership test.

Each member is responsible for giving out their instructions to their pack leader (alpha). Players have a total of 24hrs (12hrs North American side, 12hrs European/Asian side) to submit their instructions to keep the brawl running smoothly. Passed out or inactive members during the brawl are given a specified time to react (24hrs). If we hear nothing from the user, his character is then stripped, shaven, de-fanged, dressed as a Dark Angel marine and thrown out of the tavern, and is therefore referred to as an oath breaker! It's just that simple.

:: The Rules ::

1) Indicate your character's location and actions to a designated bartender/servitor. Post your instructions, it helps keep track of everyone on the trend and keeps everyone entertained at the same time. Lastly... PRAY to the dice gods!

2) Only five users may occupy one tile. Each character has the Independent special rule.

3) Users have an option to join a pack of up to a limit of 5 members. Your pack may team up with several other packs. The more the better! start a gang just in case other Astartes chapters decide to crash our party. Just remember, at the end of the night there can only be one man standing. Even if your team manages to be the victor of the night, the pack needs an alpha. Therefore to run your pack, you have to fight for the title.

4) Close combat weapons are temporary and are destroyed or left behind as your character moves onto the next tile. You can throw weapons, which counts as your shooting.

5) Once a user fails his armour save, a leadership roll is made to see if the drunkard can still stand and fight with negative modifiers (-1 WS, -1 A, -1 I) the drunkard breaks off from combat and restarts at a safe location. Once a user fails his final armour save, the character is rendered unconscious and is therefore subject to being used as a weapon by anyone in the tile or can be used as an ablative wound. ie. imagine a drunken Blood Claw being used by a long fang as a weapon

6) The last three drunkards remaining, become league members. If one of those players is already a League member, then it defaults to the next non-league member. League championship upgrades teams or characters to the following: Wolf Guard, Iron Priest, and Storm Claw.

7) The last man standing, wins the game and earns the title of Inglorious Brawler.

:: Pack Wide Rules ::

And They Shall Know No Fear

Acute Senses

Counter-attack

:: THE MAP ::

gallery_24878_5332_84867.jpg

:: Tavern Brawl Character Special Rules ::

gallery_24878_5332_64204.jpg

(users choose one of the following troop choices)

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Blood Claw

1) Headstrong. As indicated at SW: Codex

2) Berserk Charge. As indicated at SW: Codex

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Grey Hunter

1) Mark of the Wulfen, no rending

2) Wolf Standard. May re-roll only one failed armour save

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Grey Slayer (use stats from EoT codex)

1) Wolf Pelt. +1 attack during counter attack.

2) Wolf Tooth Necklace. Close combat attacks hit on 3+

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Wolf Scout (Wolf Scouts are solitude warriors that are touched by Lokyar. Wolf Scouts may only join a team if there are two other Wolf Scouts attached in a team. Wolf Scouts working together and numbering three or more in a team, gains 3+ armour save for the remainder of the entire brawl.)

1) Brawlers who wish to strike at a Wolf Scout (shooting or close combat) must first roll Ld to see if he can attack the Wolf Scout

2) Disarm and Stun. During any combat, a Wolf Scout may attempt to disengage. The Wolf Scout rolls a D6: On a result of 4+, the Wolf Scout may redeploy anywhere on the battlefield after the combat round is resolved.

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Long Fang

1) Double Tap. Long Fangs gain the ability to shoot two attacks per tile

2) Fire Control. Allows other Long Fangs who are sharing a tile, gains an added shooting attack to their Double Tap special rule.

ex. 3 Long Fangs sharing a tile, have a total of 9 shooting attacks

:: League Brawl Character Special Rules ::

gallery_24878_5332_45982.jpg

(League Members ONLY. Inglorious Brawlers may upgrade their characters to the following)

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Wolf Guard

1) TDA. 2+ armour save

2) Runic Charm. May re-roll one failed armour save.

3) Wolf Tooth Necklace. Close combat attacks hit on 3+

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Iron Priest

1) Runic Armour. 2+ armour save

2) Bionics. May choose to forfeit all attacks to make a single double strength attack on opponent.

3) Servo-Arm. Gains an additional attack, but may wish to forfeit this attack for a single double strength attack on opponent.

gallery_24878_5332_150.gif Storm Claw (use stats from EoT codex)

1) Furious Charge

2) Wolf Pelt. +1 attack during counter attack.

3) Healing Potions & Balms. Old tech, borrowed from the 13th company wolf priest. May ignore one failed armour save, may also help revive fallen team mate, per tile.

SPACE WOLF CHAMPIONS

gallery_24878_5332_11488.jpg

Night One: Sturm Moonwolf (Long Fang)

Night Two: Growler67 (Wolf Scout Korvis)

Night Three: TiguriusX (Grey Hunter)

Night Four: MaveriK (Grey Hunter)

Night Five: Orphus (Blood Claw)

LEAGUE MEMBERS

League Member: Nacho Wolf

League Member: Firenze

League Member: Decoy

League Member: Mikal Wolfheart

League Member: Starkhan Fellblade

League Member: Wolf Lord Metuhs

League Member: The LoneWolf

League Member: Chapter Master Ignis Domus

League Member: hendrik

League Member: BrotherCrazywolf

League Member: Jonas Stromclaw

gallery_24878_5332_101804.jpg

:: Solo Duels ::

Members of the Fang are welcomed to call out other members in order to settle unspoken grudges or help end a debate/argument from withing the threads here at B&C, via by challenging each other here at the Fang. The winner of the solo match is deemed the alpha between the two combatants and gains a bonus when the actual tavern brawl begins. The alpha can choose one of the following bonuses: extra close combat attack, or an initiative boost. Solo duels are also a good way to help decide, who leads each team for the actual brawl. Established chain of command will follow to the challenger of the solo duel should the alpha of the pack is knocked out during the tavern brawl. Please note that the solo match is separate from the brawl. After the fighting, both players reset to their original state. The solo duels help kick off the actual brawl because their fighting.

----

gallery_24878_5332_65236.jpg

ROYAL RUMBLE

- Vinny (Dark Angel Tactical Marine)

- Wolf Lord Metuhs (Storm Claw)

- hrothgar the bold (Chapter Master Ignis Domus, 2nd in command, Wolf Guard) SOLO BONUS: +1 Attack.

- Wolf Lord Kieran, the Talon of Fenris (Grey Hunter)

- Nrtrhstar (pack leader, Grey Hunter) SOLO BONUS: +1 Initiative.

- commander alexander (pack leader, Grey Slayer)

- Rune_Priest_Rhapsody (Grey Hunter)

*The lone Dark Angel emissary to the Fang walks in* Oh look! How quaint! Mangy dogs fighting, how adorable! *Has one drink, and suddenly the world is spinning and he starts swinging at everything around* *Hic*... By the Lion, all Wolfsh have rabbiesh... *hic*...! - Vinny

The Talon of Fenris sees what can only be a space marine sized dress enter the hall, but blames the lump on his head for the vision. staggering slowly to his feet, he focuses on the stranger and realizes it is indeed a dress, worn by a green armored marine...the fog lifts from his head as he understands what this new arrival is...PREY. Immediate charging the new arrival, Kieran howls out for his upcoming victory. - Wolf Lord Kieran

*Vinny hears a howl, and shakes his head vigorously to clear the haze. Damn Space Wolves and their drinks! Should have ordered wine like a true civilized Son of Jonson.* Oh you want some, huh, you furry mutt! *Vinny pulls the cord from his robes loose and pulls the vestment off, holding it matador-style. He tries to throw it over Wolf Lord Kieran's head to distract the Space Wolve before trying to tackle the Wolf down with a spear-tackle* FOR THE LION!!! - Vinny

Now, green dress-wearing whelp-thing, prepare to be smashed. Repeatedly. With an ale barrel. - hrothgar the bold

I spit in your ale as I shall spit in your grave! Come on closer and I'll shave that flea-ridden beard off of your chin, you mangy, wolf-mutant scum! - Vinny

Ach, laddy. Do ye schpit on me ale? Then I schpit on yer dress, which be's much lessh manly ten the mighty kilt! Aye, the kilt o' wrath, an' the caber, tah. Pah! - hrothgar the bold

Why are you threaten'n the shiver lady in the white dress, she don't look like she be bothering anyoner. :diving forward to shove the brothers about, Nrth finally gets up to the "nice lady": Wait a tic, you ain't a lady at all! Not a woman? NOT A WOMAN!!! - Nrthstar The IRON CHIN

So is your... uhhh... your... uhh... Wait, what the hell did you just say to me? - Vinny

awakened by the loud ringing from the Tavern Master's cow bell.. the fallen drunkards slowly regain their composure as the tavern brawl continues on without them. Each lowly crawling to the fire pits, the Sons of Russ notice someone new in the tavern. Someone out of place. The Tavern Master was yelling something, but everyone was still feeling the pain from their last fight.

Their senses start to recover, as their heightened hearing start to make out what the old man was saying... "WE HAVE A WALK IN!" he says. But not just any, a Son of the Lion. The fallen warriors quickly stand up, with eager looks in their faces, they all grin at one another showing their wolf fangs. "RUMBLE! RUMBLE! RUMBLE!"

-----

RUMBLE ONE

Hrothgar the Bold and Nrthstar both strike first. Each eager to take down a rival Space Marine, like their Primarch the Wolf King against the Lion himself. "No he's mine!" say Hrothgar, "Not if I get him first" says the Iron Chin. Nrth MoTW roll (2). Both the Wolf Guard and Grey Hunter wound the tactical marine Vinny with a total of four wounds. Vinny saves four, and is now fighting stunned. Kieran MoTW roll (2). Rhapsody MoTW roll (3). The Talon charges at the Dark Angel marine, and lands two blows on the man, but is unable to wound. Rhapsody also hits with two at Vinny and lands one wound on the tac marine. Vinny makes his save! alexander comes in swinging, hits with three but wounds with none. Metuhs comes out of nowhere and unleashes four attacks from all sides, and wounding with four. Vinny makes his save! hrothgar fails his but is now fighting stunned. Kieran and Nrth both make their saves against Metuhs. "Idiot! why are you hitting everyone?" says Nrth. Metuhs replies, "because I want to win bwahahahaha" Vinny strikes and lands three blows wounding with two. Metuhs fails his save but is now fighting stunned. hrothgar fails his and comes crashing down!!! OUCH beaten by a Dark Angel.

RUMBLE TWO

Nrthstar strikes first! MoTW roll (4), the Iron Chin lands three blows all around and wounds with three. Vinny saves, Metuhs fails and comes crashing down. Kieran saves. Rhapsody MoTW roll (4), Rhapsody wounds with four all around. Nrth gets stunned. Kieran gets stunned, Vinny saves and alex makes his save. Vinny stikes and wounds with two, taking down Rhapsody and stunning alex. alex strikes and wounds with two. taking down Nrth and Kieran. But the two use up the fallen bodies as ablative wounds. And both continue figthing stunned. Kieran strikes and takes down alex and Vinny.

RUMBLE THREE

Kieran and Nrth face-off. The Iron Chin strikes first! landing three blows and wounding with one. Kieran makes his save. Kieran strikes and also lands three attacks and three wounds. Nrth makes his saves!

RUMBLE FOUR

Nrth quickly attacks unleashes four wounds on Kieran, but Kieran makes all his saves! Kieran land two wounds on Nrth but the man makes his saves

RUMBE FIVE

Nrth lands two wounds on Kieran. The Talon of Fenris makes his saves. Kieran lands one wound on Nrth and fails his save. The two drunkards are back in the brawl and can start anywhere on the map! at the beginning of ROUND FOUR. It's as-if the fire wolf has descended from the sea of stars to graced both Kieran and Nrth, giving them the fuel and fire to continue on fighting in the tavern brawl. Congratulations! and well fought Vinny!

--EDIT--

I guess this just goes to show, it's only a fair fight when the drunkest Wolf can take down a Son of the Lion haha jkjk

*Vinny spits out a tooth and stumbles out of the tavern, lugging his robe behind him. He turns around one last time at the doorway to shake a fist at the Wolves, both the ones left standing and knocked out. He shouts:*

You will repent! You mark my word! You will all REPENT!!

*mumbles to himself as he hobbles away*

That was pretty fun! I wish my troops could all save as often as I did in that fight. My god, we would have defeated Abaddon himself! Thanks for the run, guys! :P

Are they full active at round 4 or just being placed? I ask because with my earlier objection over being given a second chance for being weak, they would essentially now be coming back with a Wolf Scout like immunity to being targetted.

How about placement at the beginning of round 4, immunity from being attacked, but also not able to attack until round 5?

Anytime. We love a bit of banter in the Fang.

Haha, indeed, indeed. If only the Rock was as lively and welcoming. Kinda quiet over there (well, save for the occasional Fallen's blood curdling screams). :P

Now... which way to the hangar bay? I got a Thunderhawk to catch.

*sniff* Oh, by the Lion! It's gonna take me months to rid these robes of this wet dog stench! :)

Archived