Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

Hi, everyone, thanks for the comments.

@Grimdarkness: Aye, I'm sure it's pretty hard to find the darn thing in the 41st Millenium, but it wouldn't be the first time the MM raided a Mechanicum stash. Plus, the joints and mechanisms necessary for the armour to function in space and other worlds can be hidden beneath the chainmail.

It's 40K magic, mate. =)

As a Marines Malevolent player, I highly approve of this fella. Eight different shades of badass, Greyall; thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing justice to the bad boys of the Astartes. Dammit, now I'm gonna have to make another MM in Mk. I plate again, lol.

Damn you! :)

Thanks, 1000heathens. I admit I dislike the Malevolents with every fiber of my body, but, truth be told, they're interesting fellas.

@death-given-form and ChaptermasterDemon7: You guys think you're in for a hard conversion? Really? Then check out Death Knight 2000's bleak, bleak future in the world of Warhammer:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/051/f/7/conrad___chapter_master_of_the_blood_dragons_by_greyall-d4qck3i.jpg

Muahahahahaha

Conrad - Chapter Master of the Blood Dragons and count-as Dante

So, Death Knight placed me in a very, very tight spot. My mission: to draw a Blood Dragon...IN SPACE.Now, for starters, Blood Dragons - vampire knights from the Warhammer Fantasy range - are evil. Lawful evil, aye, but evil nonetheless. Sure, Blood Angels' successors have a few among their roster that score quite low in the Nice Guy rating, but they don't look like vampires (at least with their helmet on) and bat/dragon wing motiffs are the Night Lords' department.

Still, the armour had to be close to the Fantasy vampires', and so I mixed a bit of fire and dragons along with the wing effect. The end result is fine, I think, with the helmet looking knightly and the armour a plausible artificer's work, from the breastplate to right down to the fee...

The guy had to have 'Raptor feet'. So, he's to have a vampiric style along with CLAWED FEET. I swear, our Conrad fellow must be the joy of Astartes meetings and, among Inquisitors, 'Blaming the Blood Dragon' means going for the easiest solution...

I went for smallish claws, dutifuly covered by the greaves and with small scales to add to the covering, so he can tell all those talkative Inquisitors that the claws are the result of an accident and a few imaginative artificers.

The wings aren't really a problem. Blood Angels use angels wings, this guy uses draconic ones. They're too blatant for an infiltrated Chaos agent to sport them around.

And a final word for the loincloth. Not because there's something special about it, but for being the solution to the whole drawing. Before I added it (in a later stage of the artwork), the legs seemed a bit too long and, along with the claws, I thought I was seeing an armoured Heidi Klum in heels, striding through the catwalk. Yet a single piece of cloth made the figure more 'whole' and became the solution to my main problem.

He's a count-as Dante, so a death mask was mentioned, but I think the helmet is one of the main loyalist pieces, so instead I added an eye in the middle of the collar. Also went for the muscle-armour suggestion, it adds substance - even my knowledge of muscles still sucks.

In conclusion: I had a blast doing this. A true challenge, this one, hope you like him. Remember...he's on our side.

And, Death Knight...thank :D :) :) :cuss :cuss :cuss you ;)

Edit: Just to state that the sawed-off shotgun-styled Inferno Pistol was Death Knight 2000's idea. All props and glory go to him on this great idea.

Cheers

Thanks, mate. Not any more (these were requests, not commisions, the thought of charging for my artwork is still a bit uncomfortable, don't think I've reached the necessary quality level), I'm just finishing previous requests and then closing the store and getting back to my Primarchs.

I'll start drawing Julius Kaesoron now and, for finishes, a gift for Brother Ostavia for colouring my Iron Warriors Raptor - I said I'd open exceptions for those who "helped" me in any way. Another exception is work, which is why, after the next Primarch, Lady Canoness is getting a couple of her Inquisition characters draw.

I'll still accept requests from anyone who gets my quizzes right, though.

Oh my goodness. He is :devil: awesome. You must be a psyker to have tapped directly into my vision for Conrad. Im amazed to say that it is a perfect birthday gift. And I know he was a pain to do, so I am in debt for that. Thanks Greyall your trully a great artist.

Thanks, mate. Not any more (these were requests, not commisions, the thought of charging for my artwork is still a bit uncomfortable, don't think I've reached the necessary quality level)

You are delusional. There is a reason why we love your thread :D

Of course, I'm totally for you not drawing on commission. 1) It would be too expensive for me to buy :P and 2) you'd probably do a lot less work which would mean this thread would dry up a bit and I think I can safely assume no-one would like that.

So please, don't fool yourself. You could very well choose to commission your work. But I don't think you should ;)

Okay someone get to coloring this asap, this is too amazing to keep in black and white! Nice job in keeping the dragon theme, as this could have easily gone very Night Lord-esque if you weren't careful. Man I can't wait for the next riddle, Godfried demands to be drawn! :cuss

Thanks a lot, guys. I'm already about halfway through Kaesoron, though he's not being easy by any standard.

@Thirst: I can't really think of charging for my artwork. Not while I don't have a career and it allows me to get a lot of interaction and insight with so many fans of the same universe I like. For now, it's just too much fun for me to put money in the middle.

Yesterday I was thinking of start taking requests and doing Primarchs in-between - I do feel like I've grown a little out of ideas for Primarchs. It's just a thought, though, and I've got a lot of drawing ahead to make up my mind, but I'm certainly loving these last requests.

I'll reach a decision in one-and-a-half drawings. =)

Edit: And, in case I start taking requests again, I think it might work better if I go to people and ask them for their drawing of choice. Just to set my own pace.

Fair enough. I can be patient.

Kinda. <_<

Captain Engelhardt's time to get a drawing. Here's Julius Kaesoron of the Emperor's Children.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/052/7/6/julius_kaesoron_of_the_emperor__s_children_by_greyall-d4qi9kq.jpg

"Hey, kids! Won't you give uncle Julius a hug?"

"Mommy? Why is Mittens' collar in uncle Julius' mouth?"

While they're pompous pricks and punch-magnets, Emperor's Children - especially pre-heresy - are awesome to draw for all the care they usually put in their armour's visuals. Julius Kaesoron, in particular, was a character I really wanted to draw.

Nothing especially noteworthy, in this guy, though I like him a lot. He was pretty hard, I'm proud of myself for finishing him so fast. Excitement does energize you, I guess.

The latin phrase is something along the lines of "He who rises from the ashes"...but it probably isn't entirely correct.

About the claws being so deteriorated - power weapons usually don't get that damaged, as I see it, and surely not the ones belonging to an Emperor's Child - Engelhardt had asked for something that showed Kaesoron to be on the path to damnation. I gave him a nasty smile, but that's born with every son of Fulgrim, so I made the claws very jagged, so that they'd rend Julius' foes, causing increased pain.

Also, though they're not shown in their entirety, there's a purpose to the open-mouthed faces in the power claws' plating. They're supposed to "sing" as the gauntlets move through the air, hence why I called them Sirens.

Cheers, everyone. Next I'm drawing a gift for Brother Ostavia. It's an Ork hunter.

Edit: I actually think this artwork would make a good miniature.

I look at the final page of this thread every freaking day expecting to see a new drawing, even though I know Greyall can't draw that fast. They're all just so darn good.

Also the little pieces of fluff attached to some (not all :( ) of the drawings are a delight that seems underappreciated here.

EDIT: And just as I finished posting this, Greyall does it again B)

Archived