Clever Girl... - Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge

Greyall

Wow, I won?!

Well as for a request, would you mind bringing to life a character design I've been thinking of?

Captain of the Ultramarines 2nd Company: Octavius 'The Shadowstalker' Grim

I want a character that combines that regal honour guard look with a sort of feral savagery, in terms of creating a model for it I had been thinking:

-Roman/Spartan crested helmet with laurels as a kind of caesar crown (The front to back style, not sideways :P)

-Mark 8 'High Collar'

-Wolf Pelt cape

-Dreadnought leg armour as (his left) shoulder pad (which I'll add is inspired by a photo in the 4th ed codex)

With those as a set of guidelines I look forward to what you can do! Hope that it gives you enough scope to be artistic but enough focus too :)

Yesterday I was thinking that I've yet to draw an Ultramarine, and now you present me with the opportunity. Should be an interesting challenge. Meanwhile, the Iron Hand is nearing completion and Canoness' character is taking shape.

Cheers, everyone.

Yesterday I was thinking that I've yet to draw an Ultramarine, and now you present me with the opportunity. Should be an interesting challenge. Meanwhile, the Iron Hand is nearing completion and Canoness' character is taking shape.

Cheers, everyone.

BTW, did you ever draw Guillimann or did I miss him like I missed that last quiz?

Cheers, everyone.

Praise the Emperor! I have not been forgotten! :lol:

No way, Canoness, and it's turning out to be really interesting. Should start dedicating myself exclusively to it today, since the Iron Hand is pretty much finished.

@Shadowstalker: do you have any weapons in mind for your character, or can I do as I please on that matter? I ask because that's a big deal when it comes to pose.

Frankly, with a name like his, there weren't too many 'respectable' pronunciations. Nothing personal to the UM fans, but you have to admit it's one of the wonkiest names in the canon.

Oh aye, but they really went with the worst of the bunch, I very nearly coated my PC screen with pepsi trying to stifle the bark of laughter when I heard "Roeboot Goolieman" in the Garro audio drama :P

For his first name, I'd always thought of it as Greyall does, said out-loud in a similar manner to Robert, and his surname always struck me as being ghillie(as in ghillie suit)-man, with the "man" slightly contracted as with Barrowman or similar. But Goolieman; lol, especially considering the somewhat....overwrought...delivery of the chappie doing the voices and narration.

Hai.

So this is Veteran brother Clank.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/058/7/3/iron_hands_terminator___pre_heresy_by_greyall-d4r5ye3.jpg

Just kidding.

He's a nameless Iron Hands Terminator from the Heresy Days (which is why he has some Imperial livery) which was either a very fun nightmare or nightmarishly fun. So many wires and pistons...

Inspiration came from several sources, but most of all from the great, great Iron Hands army, by Klausmasterflex:

Iron Hands

It's obviously not as steampunkyish, but inspiration came from it, nonetheless.

It was made for brother Antti. Hope you like him, mate.

THE FLESH IS WEAK!!!

Very nice work Greyall, I'm really diggin this guy :) I like the fact that the pipes on his chest double as the Medusa's hair, also lovin that arm mounted power sword ;) Now I'm going to have to convert this guy as a sergeant for my army lol.

Hmm, names, lets see... How about Veteran Sergeant Klaust? (sorta based off the guy who inspired you while still sounding heavy and severe like most Iron Hand names)

Archived