The LHD (Liber Heraldry Department)

Brother Cambrius

I'd just like to put in that I want the teeth. Not that I expect you to be brutally torn apart for your body parts or anything...

Well, everybody has to do their bit and recycle you know :lol:

I could do with a new pair of knees...... :(

Now being a quite new guy here and not entirely understanding what is going on....I did enjoy your begining. I have not read the original but I plan on it....once I ifnd hte time and it itself.....

But why are we claiming bodily parts? Is this a forum ritual I am not aware of? If it is then I would like.....eh screw it I'll take the leftovers...I'm to new to go making claims ;)

What!? New acolyte!? Did you remember to read the section of the forum rules that states that Thou shalt clean CMID's armor and wargear, as well as worship the ground he walks on"?

But yes, we are cannibals. If you read "This is the Liber", the mysteries will be revealed...somewhat.

Now being a quite new guy here and not entirely understanding what is going on....I did enjoy your begining. I have not read the original but I plan on it....once I ifnd hte time and it itself.....

But why are we claiming bodily parts? Is this a forum ritual I am not aware of? If it is then I would like.....eh screw it I'll take the leftovers...I'm to new to go making claims :HQ:

Firstly, welcome to the Liber! ^_^

It's probably best to read the original as it puts the above into context. The original is here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...=214866&hl= ^_^

As for the claiming of body parts, well if I remember correctly it started off as a light hearted way of "punishing" someone who hadn't posted something that they promised they would.....it spiraled out of control from there.... ;) It doesn't matter if you're new or not. If no one has called dibs on the part in question, they're for the taking ^_^

I still can't get used to your new profile pic...

And what do you mean it spiralled out of control? Sure, there was the occasionally death threat here, and a mass murder there, with a bit of drive-by shooting thrown in for kicks, but it was never really out of control. ;)

What!? New acolyte!? Did you remember to read the section of the forum rules that states that Thou shalt clean CMID's armor and wargear, as well as worship the ground he walks on"?

But yes, we are cannibals. If you read "This is the Liber", the mysteries will be revealed...somewhat.

Don't startle the new slav.... I mean Acolyte ;)

Thnaks for posting that for me!! I will definitly be reading that with my copious amounts of free time as a Rook here.....

And at that rate can I have an arm? The old saying of beating a dead horse comes to mind...or tearing someones arm off and beating them witht he bloody stump....I am not sick and twisted...thats just my family's saying when we do the same kind of thing ;)

Sadistic? I would agree with you there good sir...but I have no idea what the second word means and I do not love dead bodies...thats just wrong...on so many levels.... and besides, thats a Slaneeshi thing and I'm a loyalist.

And I would but I can't...not even allowed to leave my barracks room without a reason...doesn't have to be a good one but one must exist....and even then I cannot leave campus ;)

I still can't get used to your new profile pic...

Which old one did you prefer? I can't remember the other ones I had ;)

Curse the double post!!

You are now, and forever more.......one of us!

One of us, one of us! :HQ:

Sadistic? I would agree with you there good sir...but I have no idea what the second word means and I do not love dead bodies...thats just wrong...on so many levels.... and besides, thats a Slaneeshi thing and I'm a loyalist.

And I would but I can't...not even allowed to leave my barracks room without a reason...doesn't have to be a good one but one must exist....and even then I cannot leave campus <_<

Sigh...another joke wasted...

And yes there is a handbook. The Rules of the B&C. Just make sure you read the hidden bits. Also, try to avoid double posting. There's a helpful little button on the side of your post.

EDIT: The green corvus armor one.

EDIT EDIT: Not again... Why must I always get you and Octy confused? :wallbash:

Emperor help me....what does this being one of you entail exactly? And will it enable me to be better at forming my IA? Octavulg has been a wonderful help adn someone called CKA (I believe) has helped too....but I suck at writing.....editing, critiquing, and coming up with ideas? I rock at that

Being one of the Liber is a dangerous job. After the initial phase when you are fresh faced and raw, you will probably want to join one of the cool kids clubs. Granted, there are only two, but its important to note how special they are. The LHD is the Liber Heraldry Department. They responsible for assisting authors with color schemes and giving often unwanted advice about how things should look. They are also color blind, which makes their results that much more interesting. Their representative to the Liber Board of Combative Actions is Ace Debonair I believe, but it might have changed. They elect the person with the worst sense of style to the board, who will then do battle in the name of Purple and Orange, their respective Gods. They compete against the other super cool kids club, called L.A.F.F.S. (don't laugh, they hate that.) L.A.F.F.S. is the Liber Astartes Fluff Fanatics Squad. This squad is dedicated to ensuring that everyone follows the same exacting guidelines to making an article, ensuring no variety or unique ideas are allows to spring up. They maintain a decent presence in the Liber boards and can often be found berating someone who thought that a reasonable idea with a good explanation was ok. Obviously that is not allowed, or we would end up with a bunch of different chapters, all with unique and interesting back stories and themes. Their current representative, and only member is me, as I formed L.A.F.F.S. like 3 days ago. I represent us at the Liber Board of Combative Actions, doing battle against Ace. While Ace worships the vile and perverse Gods of Color, lead by their chief gods Orange and Purple, I pay homage to the one true God, Fluff. Fluff, and his brother Background, along with the pantheon of information seek to throw down Color's evil reign.

The Pantheon has a number of major and minor Gods, from the omnipotent Big Black Book (BBB for short), to the insane and confused Black Library (He has split personalities, one of which is C.S. Goto :wallbash: ) The goal of the Pantheon is to ensure that all information on the shared universe works together, helping everyone reach a better understanding of the GrimDarkness. They battle endlessly against the minions of the Colors, who seek to cast down the world into a smoking pit of magenta, sky blue, veridian, and *shudder* pink. Should you be approached by a member of their LHD cabal, you would do well to beat a hasty retreat. Inform me immediately and together we can keep the insanity of their cult from spreading.

In regards to your much earlier question of what this post/topic is about, Brother Cambrius has done me much honor by expanding on a piece of literature I wrote sometime ago. During a break in my L.A.F.F.S. duties, I was sitting at computer and decided to write this. This work was fairly well received and Ace took up the unenviable task of writing the first sequel. During his time, the pressure of the Liber showed itself. So great was the demand for an amazing piece, that people (ie: Heru Talon) started claiming body parts should he fail to deliver. I myself claimed his femurs, intending on a pair of Ace Femur Nunchucks© (Un)Fortunately, Ace delivered in fine style, with an amazing piece of writing. This too was well received, and Dark Apostle Thirst, another Liber Member, wrote the three-quel. He did a great job as well and eventually people got back to work making DiY Chapters. That pretty much sums it up.

Disclaimer: Any and All of the above is pure parody and joke. Except for Ace being color blind, which is day dependent.

Shinzaren....wow...just wow...I almost feel the urge to demand you rigidly define your uncertain memberships and criterias in not quite so fluid a format...naming names within those cults you just identified could be yet more arguements and discussions within this whole illustration of the liber's functionality (or disfunctionality) that we are getting thru these shorts.

Oddly, that description makes as much sense as most things I have seen over the years here. maybe that has something to say about me...or my lurking down in the dark bowels of reference and resource...someone needs to change the lightbulbs down there by the way...night vision doesnt help reading dusty titles.

I'd just like to put in that I want the teeth. Not that I expect you to be brutally torn apart for your body parts or anything...

Hah! you're late to the party, CMID. :P

I have prior claim to the teeth - behold!

And just to get the ball rolling, if no mention is made of my super-special-awesome Liber Heraldry Dept. Hat, well... I claim the teeth. For dice. ;)

Which had nothing to do with Cambrius claiming my teeth the year before.

I certainly don't have a long memory for vengeance. Honest. :lol:

Their representative to the Liber Board of Combative Actions is Ace Debonair I believe, but it might have changed. They elect the person with the worst sense of style to the board, who will then do battle in the name of Purple and Orange, their respective Gods.

Purple and Orange were not Gods. -_-

They were great men, but no Gods.

I represent us at the Liber Board of Combative Actions, doing battle against Ace. While Ace worships the vile and perverse Gods of Color, lead by their chief gods Orange and Purple, I pay homage to the one true God, Fluff. Fluff, and his brother Background, along with the pantheon of information seek to throw down Color's evil reign.

So that's why you threw that chainaxe at me. I did wonder. :lol:

Also, see previous comment about the non-divinity of Purple and Orange.

Disclaimer: Any and All of the above is pure parody and joke. Except for Ace being color blind, which is day dependent.

Says the man who is yet to make a Chapter I didn't make the colours for. :P

Fine. You can have the lower ones. I still lay claim to the top, to aid me in spreading the word of the holy Purinator crusade.

...Very well. I can still make acceptable dice using just the lower teeth. Not that I've been researching on how to do that or anything. Hahaha! What a silly idea. :D

I'm curious, though. How will Cambrius' teeth effect your crusade?

Says the man who is yet to make a Chapter I didn't make the colours for. :D

Lies! The Lies of vile heretic! All lies!

No, that's not true at all. He's telling the truth. I myself was once a weak man and requested the aid of the Gods of Color. Correction, very godlike mortal men of Color. BUT NO MORE! Until the next chapter I make... BUT AFTER THAT, NO MORE!

Shinzaren, I am appalled by your misinterpretation of the Liber's function.

There are, it is true, two Liber groups.

There's me. And there's those of you who listen to me and do what I tell you to do.

It's really very simple.

EVERYTHING YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD IS A LIE! THE LEGIO HAS APPROVED NO SUCH ORGANIZATIONS WITHIN ITS RANKS. CEASE THIS SUBVERSIVE ACTIVITY IMMEDIATELY OR SUFFER THE WRATH OF THE OLD ONES!

(And when they're done with the lot of you, I get the hypothalamus)

Archived