The LHD (Liber Heraldry Department)

Brother Cambrius

No, young acolyte. You have much to learn. You see, the Purinator Crusade is an ancient, ancient order of devoted preachers, eternally guarded by the Iron Flames, who have taken an oath to protect them until their duty is done. The Grey Knight Purifiers are simply Mr. Ward's kind-hearted gift to me.

Yes, don't dismiss the second account of one of the administration.

What? Was that supposed to be a secret? :)

Er, but it's not...? :)

Oh I guess his other identity is the secret then. :)

listen yes...think about, sometimes...follow flawlessly? hardly biggrin.gif I do have to support the idea of Octavulg being his own faction however...

Those of you who fail to follow in the path of my wisdom and example are simply doing so in accordance with my will, so that you may serve as examples to keep others on the path of righteousness.

listen yes...think about, sometimes...follow flawlessly? hardly biggrin.gif I do have to support the idea of Octavulg being his own faction however...

Those of you who fail to follow in the path of my wisdom and example are simply doing so in accordance with my will, so that you may serve as examples to keep others on the path of righteousness.

and yet the tragic tale of the ultra-tem{PURGED} continues to be ignored....

you would think that such examples would serve as a very large warning to some wishing to enter into the liber....

Now I feel like im going to get hit with a bowling ball or the power cod or something....but who in the hell are the purifiers? I thought they were a brotherhood int he Grey Knights?!?!

I have no such famous power weapons, so you're safe with me. ;) To enlighten you properly The Purifiers is a chapter name of CMID's devising . Look for any IA where someone is asking for a name for their chapter and CMID will be there suggesting the Purifiers. One day he hopes that some poor soul will like the name and write an IA for them, and thus he will have extended his grasp across the LA forum that bit further. :(

EDIT: I should have put (yet) after the first part!

Just to sate you hungry and vicious folk, I'll post up a little bit of what I've wrfitten thus far so you can have a small morsel of the story. ;)

The LIBER Heraldry Department

Eventually the pair reached a corridor that was filled with banners and shields bearing the heraldries of numerous heroes and chapters, whilst at the end, upon a door of a dark, exotic wood awaited. The doors held a symbol at their centre, a pair of paintbrushes crossed over a blank shield, the symbol of the Liber Heraldry Department. From beyond its doors, Taren could hear conversation from within as the green armoured marine knocked four times, his armour plate making a resounding deep boom with every small hit on the door. The conversation stopped as the Astartes walked in, with Taren nervously and hesitantly following, not knowing what to expect. The Astartes within the room greeted the marine with smiles and words of welcome, one who bore a bronze coloured right shoulderpad, bearing a golden skull with two alternating scythes behind it exclaimed with his arms open, “Octy! What brings you here to our humble workshop within the Liber?”

Another Astartes with surprisingly long hair and a quartered white and blue right shoulderpad picked up a strange blue piece of headgear with hope, twirling it in his fingers, the green and grey feathers brushing against the Astartes’ fingers. Taren tried not to grin at the sight of such a strange and almost laughable piece of headgear for a Space Marine to have in his possession, but he kept quiet and pulled up his robe’s hood to hide his nearing to be failed attempt at not grinning. The serf knew that each Astartes had their own traditions and cultures entirely unique to them and he didn’t particularly want to inflict the wrath of even one superhuman by finding what could be a ceremonial garment amusing. Putting the strange, wide brimmed hat on, the Astartes asked,

“Yes indeed Octavulg, does a lesser known chapter in your charge require heraldry of some kind?”

The look on the hat wearing marine was one of mild hope, as it was with the other members of Heraldry Department. Octavulg shook his head making the hat wearing Astartes to sigh and take off his headgear as the green armoured marine explained,

“Not this time Ace, I came here to bring news to you Cambrius, the review on the Swords of Orion has been completed by the other Liberites, the suggestions and adjustments for the serf you’ve advised on their history have been left in your quarters to review later.”

The Astartes with the skull and scythes on his bronze shoulderpad grimaced ever so slightly and ran his fingers through his dark, short hair and asked, “Then I take it the work was not worthy enough to enter our annals just yet?”

Octavulg nodded and looked down at Taren before commenting, “However this serf does require the need of your expertise brothers. Apparently there’s an unknown chapter to us that is lacking any heraldry.” Felix Taren noticed that the hat was instantly back on the long haired warrior along with a very large grin on most of the faces within the chamber as Octavulg turned to leave the chamber, commenting, “I’ll leave you to it.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

More incoming in the future! :) :)

Cambrius

I'm still waiting for a mention of the ludicrously handsome and properly oiled Shinzaren... This flawless tan and perfectly chiseled dorsal fin demand an audience. It takes a lot of hours in the space gym to perfect this perfectly aligned pancreas.

Octavulg nodded and looked down at Taren before commenting, “However this serf does require the need of your expertise brothers. Apparently there’s an unknown chapter to us that is lacking any heraldry.” Felix Taren noticed that the hat was instantly back on the long haired warrior along with a very large grin on most of the faces within the chamber as Octavulg turned to leave the chamber, commenting, “I’ll leave you to it.”

' As the door closed behind Octavulg, he thought for a moment he heard a cry of "Serf! Bring me my turquoise!" amidst the maniacal, terrifying laughter Liber Heraldry Department as they gathered around their newest victim. '

EDIT:

Not that my suggestion for the next line is intended to portray the LHD as crazier than a bar full of space wolves or anything. :)

Excellent, you mentioned my hat.

CMID, you can have all the teeth now. :)

• 5 weeks later...

After a long interval due to University work, I am proud to unveil part II of the LHD. Enjoy!

<Please note, if I have left anyone out whom feels that they should have been a part of the LHD, I apologise for not including you and I will do what I can to have you appear later on in the story.>

The LIBER Heraldry Department

The door closed with a heavy thud, which echoed through the serf’s bones as an Astartes pulled away from a vid screen he had been observing whilst Octavulg had his small conversation with Cambrius and Ace. A golden falcon gleamed dully on his right shoulder pad as the marine walked up to a lectern before his voice rumbled,

“Place your dataslate upon the lectern in front of you serf, then we can all see what is required.”

Felix Taren walked forwards towards a dark lectern lit by a small lamp on its edge as he slotted the dataslate into the port on the top. Instantly, the screens on each of the Astartes’ lecterns lit up, giving their faces a paler, more ghostly look to them. Within his own lectern, a screen also lit up for Taren, the information on his dataslate now scrolling on the personal screen before him. Text containing the information within the dataslate reflected off of the green bionic eye that matched Cambrius’ own natural one as he stroked the dark stubble on his chin in thought, poring over the information on what Taren’s staff required. Meanwhile, the one called Ace tapped the runes on his personal screen a few times, a holographic projector bringing up the three-dimensional shape of an armoured clad Astartes warrior; however all of the hologram’s armour was a blank white. Taren gasped in awe of seeing this, making everyone smile knowingly, the serf’s reaction was highly common to those who hadn’t graced the Heraldry Department’s chambers before. An Astartes looked to the awed human, the deep sea green shoulderpad bearing a distinctive eye with a lightning bolt struck through it. Taren recognised it as the heraldry of the Phantoms chapter, having assisted the marine in question before in the armoury, anointing sacred bullets for an upcoming campaign against the forces of chaos. The Phantom smiled and proclaimed to the serf with a hint of pride,

“This Felix Taren is the Space Marine Painter, made by our chief Adept of Mars, Brother Argos and one of the great artisans within the galleries, Brother Scuzzy. We use this to create and display the heraldries of the numerous chapters that have fought in the Emperor’s name. It has other variants as well, allowing us to catalogue and identify enemy factions and warbands. With this, we can get to work on finding or creating this chapter’s heraldry.”

Taren continued to look on at the blank coloured hologram before he looked to the Phantom marine with mild curiosity and asked, “How many chapters are kept within the archives using this?”

Cambrius cut in and answered with a wry grin,

“Thus far, over one thousand and sixty, but that also includes chapters who are lost or destroyed.”

All of the Astartes bowed their heads a little in remembrance for their fallen brethren, Taren doing the same before the warrior bearing the golden falcon on his pauldron asked,

“So, this chapter is called the Furious Blades according to the little information obtained. What additional information does the Liber currently hold on them?”

Another Astartes answered for his brother marine with a resonantly deep voice, a moulded skull shoulderpad leering out at the serf; typing on his screen’s runes as he searched through information the marine said,

“According to the database set up by myself and Brother Philip, there’s absolutely no heraldry or mention in there Heru, but a quick search on the Legio’s Librarium’s records found me this article.”

Tapping the screen with a mild flourish, another screen popped up on the central holograph and on the individual screens of the Astartes and the serf’s, with text scrolling down, revealing the history and character of the Furious Blades.

Taren’s eyes scanned the text flying before him as Ace ran his hand through his hair beneath his hat in thought before his face lit up and started typing furiously onto his console. Cambrius and Heru exchanged glances as their brother Astartes began to use the interactive painter. Smaller armoured Space Marine holograms appeared in front of the assembled group and Taren, each and every one an amalgamation of vivid and bright colours, making Felix Taren’s eyes water slightly. The assembled Astartes all nodded to the one called Heru as Ace announced he was finished and stated the many garish coloured holograms would suit the Furious Blades perfectly. In a flash, the sound of a crack echoed in the chamber as Ace withdrew in minor shock and pain, his ceremonial hat flying off onto the ground as the skull flail Heru had just produced curled back into his hand before being replaced on his belt.

“By the blood of the Emperor! What was that for!?” cried out Ace as he rubbed his head, kneeling down to recover his headgear. Heru’s face was unchanged from its stern demeanour and he answered,

“You know exactly why Ace, you either do it properly or not at all. And I’m very tempted to strike you again for that silly hat you wear whenever you do this; we are the Emperor’s chosen warriors. Not part of a carnival.”

Ace grumbled a little as he continued to massage the place where the skull flail had struck him. With a grin on his face, the Phantom chimed in,

“Oh come on Heru, let Ace have his fun. Not his fault he’s partially colour blind and has no sense of taste in headgear.”

The rest of the gathered marines chuckled at the mild jibe and Ace looked to the Phantom with a mock look of shock and pain,

“Hube! How could you be so cruel to me! I work so hard for all of you and I am simply mocked? Good thing the flaying of that accursed weapon Heru uses has given me a thick skin.”

The Astartes all chuckled again and Taren watched his mouth slightly agape and his hood dropping back around his shoulders. It was very rare to ever see the camaraderie and close comradeship between the Emperor’s Angels of Death even for a second. He felt like he was intruding on something that humble, lowly humans should not see from the superhuman protectors of the Imperium. The serf shifted uncomfortably, looking down for a few moments before his inner thoughts on seeing the Astartes’ comradeship was broken through by the voice of Cambrius, as he looked to the serf and asked him,

“What do you think Felix Taren?”

The serf’s head jerked up quickly at the mention of his name and found himself looking at much more aesthetically pleasing heraldry schemes. Cocking his head ever so slightly at trying to work out what the Astartes had asked him to do, the marine bearing the moulded skull on his pauldron explained,

“Cam wants to know which of the schemes he and Heru put together is the best one for the Furious Blades serf.”

Taren’s eyes widened in surprise and shock at the explanation and stammered out,

“I, I can’t do that! This is an Astartes matter, not one so petty that serf’s may interject!”

The gathered Astartes paused and looked at each other, before Cambrius, Hube and Ace all burst out laughing together with their sonorous voices reverberating around the room and into Taren’s chest. Pretending to wipe a tear from his bionic eye, Cambrius continued to chuckle as the marine bearing the leering skull shoulderpad explained to the even more shocked human,

“Your humbleness is admirable Taren, but we at the Liber Heraldry Department are very open to gaining opinion from people in regards to heraldry. Especially from a someone such as yourself. You are the Imperium’s blood and flesh and your opinion matters as a representative of the people we Astartes protect.”

Hube and Ace nodded, the Phantom adding,

“Dazzo’s right, we’re not as aloof as we often portray ourselves to the population. So, which one do you think is best?”

Taren looked over the five holograms floating before him and the rest of the Astartes, the holograms spinning gently to allow everyone to view the heraldry from all angles. Eventually, after re-reading some details on the Furious Blades’ history, the serf pointed to a blue and bone coloured heraldry and told the assembled Astartes,

“That one, I feel it suits the chapter’s description well.”

A number of the Space Marines nodded in approval, before Heru asked the serf,

“Can you tell us why that suits them most Felix Taren?”

Suddenly Taren found himself put on the spot as all of the assembled Marines’ organic and bionic eyes bored through him, waiting for an explanation with interest at finding out why Taren chose that specific colour scheme. Uncomfortable with the extra attention he was getting by the super humans, the serf replied with a slight tremble in his voice,

“Well, because the chapter’s founder had blue heraldry from his previous chapter, and the bone compliments well with it.”

The assembled warriors all nodded again with murmurs, Cambrius commented to his brothers,

“I like this one, he’s got a good eye for colours. Can we keep him?”

The one called Heru’s hand fell to the flail attached to his belt once more, patting it gently before commenting,

“I’m sure we can have a word with the administration to have it done.”

A sudden spike of cold, icy fear speared through Taren’s chest as the rest of the Astartes smiled and made grunts of approval at Heru’s response. Him! Working solely within the Liber section of the Legio?! What in the Emperor’s name had he got himself into?

+++++++++++

Well that's all for now. I will write a third and final part, however it will probably be done during a time after Christmas itself, due to University work and other commitments. :lol:

Hope you all enjoyed it, I certainly did writing it!

Cambrius

It certainly made me chuckle B)

I can almost imagine you guys all being in a room together like that for real! :lol:

Archived