The LHD (Liber Heraldry Department)

Brother Cambrius

Thank you both. ;) Part 3 shall have a rather amusing ending to it, bringing back further members beyond the halls of the LHD©...beware. :lol:

Amusingly it looks like I've written so much in MS Word, but it always seems to look pitifully small here on the forums. B)

Cambrius

Far off, the deepest annals of the Liber, Shinzaren's ears perk up at the maniacal laughter echoing across the hall. Turning towards the source, he listens intently, before bolting from his seat with the speed of a lightning bolt. He grabs his chainaxes on his way out the door, sprinting down the hallway with all the speed of a hardened Astartes. Taking a running start, he winds up his arm and hurls the axe through the great wooden doors of the LHD with appalling force, splintering them into dust. With a shout, Shinzaren pulls out his other axe, before letting out a bloodthirsty roar.

"ACE!!"

The cry echoes throughout the hall, picked up by the other members and the Liber staff. From within the LHD, a deep booming shout echoes forth.

"SHIN!!"

The voices of the Hall go silent as a heavy techno beat begins to play, emanating from the unknown. As the music picks up, the voices of the Liber being a soft chant "test your might" again and again, echoing down the halls with the beat of the music. With a great boom, that echoes throughout the entire Legio, the voice of the Moderati sounds forth, rolling like thunder.

"MORTAL KOMBAT!"

Cambrius wanted me to post this incredibly authentic and very accurate sneak peak of part 3 :(

Far off, the deepest annals of the Liber, Shinzaren's ears perk up at the maniacal laughter echoing across the hall. Turning towards the source, he listens intently, before bolting from his seat with the speed of a lightning bolt. He grabs his chainaxes on his way out the door, sprinting down the hallway with all the speed of a hardened Astartes. Taking a running start, he winds up his arm and hurls the axe through the great wooden doors of the LHD with appalling force, splintering them into dust. With a shout, Shinzaren pulls out his other axe, before letting out a bloodthirsty roar.

"ACE!" The cry echoes throughout the hall, picked up by the other members and the Liber staff. From within the LHD, a deep booming shout echoes forth.

"SHIN!" The voices of the Hall go silent as a heavy techno beat begins to play, emanating from the unknown. With a great boom, that echoes throughout the entire Legio, the voice of the Moderati sounds forth, rolling like thunder.

"MORTAL KOMBAT!"

Cambrius wanted me to post this incredibly authentic and very accurate sneak peak of part 3 :D

Damn it Shin! I nearly permanently damaged my Laptop as I was having a drink whilst reading that!

*Mutters how he should stop having a drink or food of any kind whilst reading posts in the Liber at all, fullstop!*

:(

Ha, I guess maybe your absence was too long, or you just missed it. Basically it was a little short story I wrote up when I was bored in Nov of 10. Then Ace wrote a sequel, then Dark Apostle Thirst wrote a sequel, then Cambrius wrote a side story thing, then I wrote ANOTHER sequel. This thread is Cambrius writing a short story for the Liber Heraldry Department, which is what all the fine gents who create schemes by the hundreds and comment on the colors of chapter have taken to calling themselves. Depending on your absence you may have missed the initial post, and then it went a solid year with no activity. After that Cambrius sort of brought it back and here we are :P Give em all read if you're bored or have time to kill :) They are none to serious, and the threads have become a way to blow off steam and relax a bit from the C&C we normally participate in.

“Dazzo’s right, we’re not as aloof as we often portray ourselves to the population. So, which one do you think is best?”

Taren looked over the five holograms floating before him and the rest of the Astartes, the holograms spinning gently to allow everyone to view the heraldry from all angles. Eventually, after re-reading some details on the Furious Blades’ history, the serf pointed to a blue and bone coloured heraldry and told the assembled Astartes,

“That one, I feel it suits the chapter’s description well.”

A number of the Space Marines nodded in approval, before Heru asked the serf,

“Can you tell us why that suits them most Felix Taren?”

Suddenly Taren found himself put on the spot as all of the assembled Marines’ organic and bionic eyes bored through him, waiting for an explanation with interest at finding out why Taren chose that specific colour scheme. Uncomfortable with the extra attention he was getting by the super humans, the serf replied with a slight tremble in his voice,

“Well, because the chapter’s founder had blue heraldry from his previous chapter, and the bone compliments well with it.”

"Hey, no fair," Ace chimed in. "I did a blue-with-bone-trim scheme!"

"Yes, with scorpion green knees." Heru sighed. "And bright yellow shoulder pads."

"Ah, that symbolises the Chapter's determina-" There was another sound as of a Space Marine being spine-flailed about the face. Cambrius took the opportunity to return to the task at hand.

If I'm gonna play the colour-blind hyperactive prat, let's at least go the whole hog! :lol:

At last, I know who else is in the LHD. Top stuff, Cambrius.

Do you guys want me to run you up some more Hats?

*Reads Shinzaren's "Preview"*

Hmm. I never did like Mortal Kombat much.

Meh, my time'll come when we go back to jousting, chariot racing or spoofing Soul Calibur. :P

Soul Calibur ftw.

In the words of Harry Hill: "FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!!"

If there was a fight between Liber members, I always imagined it to be more of a "WrestleMania/Royal Rumble" affair to be honest!

"Welcome to WrestleMania MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMXI!"

Soul Calibur/Mortal Kombat fits it more for me, skull flails and bowling balls flying all over the place.

A Power Bowling ball with his initials laser etched in, to be precise..

I might have to stop by an take a gander at the LHD quarters after I'm done offworld ( ie. @ work). Sounds like a Blood Dragon is needed to UP the red/ black tallies by secretly wispering red/ black color combos in everyone's ear at the LHD, until the entire IMPERIUM IS FULL OF THE CULT OF RED AND BLACK MUAHAHAHAH!> *coughs* I mean; because each chapter should look good.. right?

If I'm gonna play the colour-blind hyperactive prat, let's at least go the whole hog!

Well now I had to ensure you had some semblance of dignity and such in this Ace, despite your fine...ermm...talents in colour theory. ;) :P

At last, I know who else is in the LHD. Top stuff, Cambrius.

Do you guys want me to run you up some more Hats?

Glad to be of service in revealing those within the inner circle of the paintbrushes. ;) Although there is one whom I have forgotten and will be included in the 3rd part. I think I'll politely skip the hat though Ace, I just don't think it's me. :blush:

I might have to stop by an take a gander at the LHD quarters after I'm done offworld ( ie. @ work). Sounds like a Blood Dragon is needed to UP the red/ black tallies by secretly wispering red/ black color combos in everyone's ear at the LHD, until the entire IMPERIUM IS FULL OF THE CULT OF RED AND BLACK MUAHAHAHAH!> *coughs* I mean; because each chapter should look good.. right?

Red and black colour schemes eh...I'm sure there's someone who often interjects at the suggestion of such a notion for heraldry...:huh:

• 2 weeks later...
They must be off fighting a damn Typo or something its been to quiet in here. :P

They are rife amongst the halls of the LIBER at this time...we need more purifying teams here. :ph34r:

Cambrius

Speaking for myself, I've been working on attaching heavy bolter sponsons to my bowling ball.

I'm sure there was an STC for that somewhere around here. :)

Besides, of course it's been quiet here. Cambrius did say the third part of his story is coming after christmas. :D

My attempts at adding something to the story have fallen on their arse for the moment. Job hunting and other things are taking up my valuable B&C time :blink: So on that note if anyone wants anything painting I will work for cheaps! Lol :HQ:

They must be off fighting a damn Typo or something its been to quiet in here. :unsure:

They are rife amongst the halls of the LIBER at this time...we need more purifying teams here. :ph34r:

Cambrius

I Brother DK2K of the Blood Dragon's Astartes chapter would be honored to join this Purifing squad of yours, so long as there is much to destroy using the Emperors holy tools of destruction.. the Dragon's Breath.. I mean my Infernus Pistol. I pleage my services to your work in the Liber dept. And hopeful as a deputised Astartes do I get an honor hat?

CMID may I ask where the purifiers came from in your mind? Just a question....no need for weapons being drawn

BURN HIM! Oh, sorry. Well, it al started a bit over a year ago when someone was looking for a name for a chapter whose symbol was an angel impaling a planet. I suggested Purifiers, and it was nearly selected. Meanwhile, Shinzaren suggested the...er...PR Department ;) , and after that followed a string of chapter name threads in which I would suggest Purifiers, and he would suggest them. Eventually, we started a group IA, which was eventually closed due to inappropriate content from the PR Department( ;) ). We then started another thread with Ferrata's blessing, after extracting everything from the old thread and renaming the PR Department the Nemesis. That eventually stopped after Shizaren had to leave for the winter, and I continued to suggest Purifers. Eventually, someone would take it, and then their IA would instantly fail(the curse of Nemesis :D ). At one point Telanicus decided to write an IA specifically around the whole thing, but that dropped off. I recently wrote a mini-IA as an example of the utility of Ace's fill-in-able IA, as well as the history of the being known only as the Lord Purinator.

Archived