Hey mate, how've you been? Seeing as I can't PM you, I figured I'd write you here.

I can't tell how great it is looking at the work you have done. I have checked up here and there but not for a long time. I haven't done anything with my 40k for a very long time. I almost sold my collection but I thought it would be a shame to see them go...anyways, just thought I'd say hello while I was here! Hope all is well my friend.

Ps. When are you going to drop the finished mephy with bane head conversion on us? :)

Hey Hiltraud, long time no see! If you can't pm I must have a full inbox, I will get it emptied :blush.:

Sad times if you are thinking of selling your 40k stuff - please tell me you are keeping your Flesh Eaters??!! Please! Sometimes a hiatus helps and when you come back your creative juices will be flowing freely. It would be a real shame if you decided to part with such inspirational stuff. Maybe, just maybe, if you have popped back they might be making a return.....

For me things are going great both real life and in hobby, as in I am actually getting some hobby time nowadays. My painting is a little rusty, but its great to be back doing it. Unfortunately this project is on semi-hold atm, as in not officially, just busy trying to get my Black Legion playable and painted, as well as waiting to see what the new codex will bring. I do have Land Raider Spartan that will be getting painted black though, and have red saltires painted on the doors....and for that I will need some more Death Company. As for the Meph conversion, I am sure he will get done at some point :whistling:  but the next character that gets painted will be the Astorath counts as from a few pages back - that is my favourite, but for some reason he never gets painted. Oh yeh, thats right his rewlz stink :laugh.:

Thanks for dropping in man, its good to here from you. Please don't crawl back in your Sarcophagus just yet, we need more Flesh Eaters :devil:

• 3 months later...

The Jaws of Doom

Long time no post, but I have been on an enforced Hiatus. However, back with a fresh one. Anybody remember these guys?

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Flesh_Eaters_Jaws_of_Doom-1.jpg

Well the new Codex drop has meant a slight change of plan for my troops, with another Tactical Squad being the order of the day with the Assault Dudes moving over to Fast Attack, and it is these who going to be representing the infamous Jaws -

Sgt Lugos

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/DSC06180.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/2-17.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/3-15.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/4-16.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/5-15.jpg

(^dude on the right needs another studded shoulder pad - I ran out!)

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/6-14.jpg

As you can see from the load out, these guys are of the "Burn baby, burn" variety, another nod to the original RT artwork (although I have used a combi-flamer, it is magnetized). Some of them are re-purposed from what was originally going to be Sternies - I never use them - so I thought Tacticals would get used much more often :smile.: Apologies for the crappy quality of the photographs, but you get the idea.......

......allso still to come to for my Codex re-jig is the finished 'Raven (like, FINALLY!), Drop Pods (boring, but I need them painted) and :furious: MOAR DEFF KOMPANY :furious:

Edited by Midnight Runner

Just a few minutes back to work and already looking damn good!

S'all about 'dem tactical heavy flamers. Even that Mk6 guy knows how cool the idea is :D

Thanks guy's, it' good be back doing stuff (DON'T ask me about my call of chaos, just don't)

Dorn - glad the armour mix looks decent, although I like the suit, a full mk VI squad may have been boring to paint!

Flint - you know it!! It's all about the bbq's with these guys and looking cool going it (hopefully)

LCS - many thanks mate, I love beakies (prob down to my age) but I'll tell you what the FW ones are so much more 'crisp' than geedubs, unfortunately I ran out. Squeezed some of the New BA ones in there too though :)

Tyrax - thanks mate, can't wait for the sweet smell if Prometheum and burning flesh to fill my nostrils. Feeding time lol

Thanks for the comments guys and gals, glad you like :D

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome model, will you paint as of he has already torn out his throat?

I second throat ripped out....like the scene in blade when deacon frost bites that grass polic officer at his pent house...

:biggrin.: You know me too well!!! I am going for a look of fear on a poor cultists face as he realizes his throat has been ripped out. The poor dude has also been disembowelled, but you can't see it in the photo......:rolleyes: 

Thanks for the comments guys :thumbsup: 

EDIT - I did try him actually biting his throat but it looked like they were snogging........

Many thanks IP :) unfortunately looks like I will be wearing the mark of Chaos Spawn; I haven't painted for months thanks to that famous *real life* so my call has went a bit wrong :( I have however started reading Talon of Horus to cheer myself up :D

Planning on a visit to Warhammer World when it is done later this year so need a fully painted army, once I get my FE codex ready, the Legion will march on!!

Bio - Many thanks, glad you approve :D I am quite happy with the scale of the cultist (converted from WFB Corpse Cart) against the marine.

Adam - cheers muchly :) and you know I can always do with reinforcements, I fact I need another studded shoulder pad for one of the above tactical marines (I have lost a specially ordered FW item to my bitz box!!)

More soon, once I have a little bit more built its time for paint -

Tac Squad 'Jaws of Doom'

Death Co Reinforcements

Finish Stormraven

3 x Drop Pods

Astorath/Valek conversion from way back

Doesn't look much when you write it like that, but this is me, world's slowest hobbyist ;)

EDIT - Thanks again for the comments Dorn and Deathspectre - I thought you especially might like that! It was you that gave me the original idea, like, forever ago :D