In a deep, booming mechanical growl- 'Someone fetch the hose, I've stepped in heretic!'

Yep or as he strides back to the halls of rememberance

"Sorry about the whiff, stepped in a heretic and just cant seem to get rid of the smell"

Great model, I love the pose and the power claws. 

I'm only a bit envious :wink.:

I vote scouts. I wanna see Sniper Scout models where the cloaks are used to turn them into Draculas! :biggrin.:

Heh I can just imagine them hanging from trees with their high collars.

Glad he is going down so well (although not so well for the poor 'heretic paste' guy :whistling: ) as I am thinking of doing him a brother a drop pod list. Thanks again for all the comments guys, keeps me motivated :smile.:

Thanks Rob, glad you like :thumbsup:  I do get asked a lot about my PW so I think I will do a proper tut when I get a chance, but for now there is one on page 3 (or 4?) on this very thread, Anyway, borrowed a camera for better photo's of Ancient Balrog:-

Front (one of the claws looks a bit 'thick':rolleyes: ) -

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/a1.jpg

Top view -

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/b.jpg

Base for a better look (getting glued down this weekend) -

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/c.jpg

Cheers 

Neat.  Though now that the pic is clearer, I can't help but feel a dash of white/blurred white at the center of the eyes and maybe the green waist-lights might help the glow effect.  In these pics, the eyes seem to be almost a single solid shade of green....

tbh I need new brushes and what I possess can't achieve that ha ha, there are quite a few areas to thick. Believe it or not it was the third atempt at the eyes; with the first being the best, and second at the lights (I found the white to strong for these). I had a bit of a nightmare with the eyes as the left as you look at it is quite badly moulded which I didn't notice until painting, but have tried to hide. I also need to add some osl to the fists I think looking at the photo's.

As for the red, I do know what you mean, I tend to use orange for this but not enough but for the sake of consistancy (the whole army is the same!)......

But for now - he is done!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so you will have no doubt saw Grotsmasher's excellent "Chaplain Challenge"  (Here), well here is my entry, Chaplain Darko "Nightmare Beholdeth"

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/1f.jpg

Kitbashed using a mix of parts, I am pretty happy with his pose (especially the running SG legs), more photo's in Grotsmasher's thread :smile.:

Have I been up to much else? Not really as my club has been playing a campaign so that has most of my attention, but I have built Valek a TDA suit from Brother Claudio of Space Hulk fame. His left fist is magnetized so as to swap out to a chainfist, and he will get a suitable cloak of skulls - hopefully a better scale this time (Firepower :wink: ), probably from the Deathwing:-

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/1g-1.jpg

As I have said, I have been a bit busy with a campaign for the last few months, and we have been adding fluff as we have been going. What follows is a resultscenario modified from the relic mission against a Slanneshi Warband, during which the 'relic' was a traitor of the name of Varr Gan-Shuulaar  who ran away in random directions! During turn five he escaped into a bunker of his own accord, only to be chased down by Valek and Chums for 'interogation'. Here was my attempt at commentary, apologies if you get a fluff rash:-

The warp spawn were proving tough adversaries, but the blood
rage had taken hold of Valek. Each swing of his mighty warhammer cracked skulls
or removed heads, every slice of his clawed left gauntlet carved yet more
unnatural flesh. At first the daemon things had shrieked with delight at the
agony, but now it was the Flesh Eaters that were running rampant. They had descended
upon the Arbites compound to secure there target, the leader of the Brotherhood
of the Void; Varr Gan-Shuulaar. However, upon arrival they had found that the
traitor marines were already there, worse they had opened a warp portal for the
unnatural minions of the God of Excess

Edited by Midnight Runner

Wait... eternal warrior, fleshbane, feel no pain, fleet, armed with a lightning claw, a thunder hammer, artificer armour, an Iron Halo, and a jump pack....:ermm:

Did your opponent's Titan die quick, or run away screaming?

Loving the fluff. The only tiny tiny thing I would change is I'd refer to the Eaters as Imperial marines rather than loyalists. I don't think the traitors see themselves as such. At least my Eaters don't haha.

Valek's new weapons are interesting. Couple of things, I have the Deathwing Command Squad up for sale at the moment but I can pilfer the cape for you as well as any other bits you'd like?? I also have the lightning claws from the Dark Vengeance Chosen. I think one of them might fit better on his left hand? Say the word and ill send them your way mate.

Lol yeh heathens he is certainly doing the business now we are at the later stages of the campaign (he was pretty meh at the start but then all BA Captains are) unfortunatly no 2+ save though as we dont't get art armour thats what the TDA was for, though I have stuck with the jump pack instead. Not bad for 170 points, I have nicknamed him Captain Thunder and Lightning!

@ Bio cheers for the kind offer matey but I have a cape from the DW already, just need to find suitable skulls and hooks. As for the other claw its cool 'coz the campaign is almost done, so he will go back to playing Dante. His current claw is just a basic commander one hollowed out to cover his existing hand, I did try a chaos termie lords one but it was a little big.

And they ARE loyalists, feasting on traitors in the name of Da Emprah. Just don't snack too much though kids, 'coz it can really spoil your meals!!

Yeah, loyalists.....you keep telling yourselves that. ;) It won't be long till you're trading Flesh for Worlds :D

Not a problem with the bits, very clever with the claw fitting over his existing hand. :tu:

Ha, yeah I did't want to butcher his original left hand so the 'glove' was born. Its not perfect but for gaming it will suffice  I did make one out of green stuff but it didn't turn out too good (it was kind of a gimp claw, where as I was going for wolverine...:teehee:  Cheers for the offer though bud :cool.:

Incidently, the hammer is a SangGuard with the axe head replaced with the hammer head from Space Hulk's Sgt Gabriel; whom I intend on making into a TDA axe librarian.

Any ideas on good sized skulls for Valek MkII's cloak?

Oh and my Mephy conversion has went back to the bitz box as I wasn't feeling it, so something new for him :rolleyes:

Ha, he's gonna beat you with his 'strong' gimp hand. :D

The skulls from the Empire Flagellant kit are a decent size. They're not all that easy to get a hold of on bits sites though. They do come up but sometimes at silly prices. Dark elder Helions as well and there's another source but I can't think of it right now. Marauders maybe? I used two of these skulls on my Krueger Dread as decoration on the sarcophagus.

I don't know how I missed this thread, but it is Epic and fully deserving of the capital letter ^_^  It's nice to see that there are still some who collect Flesh Eaters, as like of a lot of the "original" Chapters I still have great affection for them ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The white stripe on his helmet looks kinda sloppy, in my opinion.

I mistook the rust on the Launchers' ends for blood spatter at first.  I thought they'd been clubbing traitors/xenos/baby seals with them for a moment :teehee:

Found this through your sig and spent the next 20 minutes going through the whole thread - I think this is my new favourite army. Old skool Rogue Trader feel that I love through choice of chapter and through painting. I think the vampire blue faces are perfect and your power weapons are superb. Really good to see a non-commission army painted to such a high standard. Where are the Jaws of Doom? Was hoping to see them on each new page.

Keep it up dude these are superb.