Cheers!

I will tilt Isiah/Orlok/whatever I name him(!) leaning forward at a more aggressive angle (he is currently in blue tacked to the base!) so it looks like he is swinging much more wildly* at Valek.

*Wildly and full of hatred!!

Edited by Midnightmare

Amazing stuff. My only nitpick is that the kneepad face seems to be facing (duh) to the right a bit much? Might be the picture, tho.

Regarding the pauldrons, I feel your pain. I attempted some similar conversions in the past, but scrapped the whole thing because it just looked a bit weird. Specially with extra spiky shoulder pads. Upon deeper research, tho:

6041dbea5b46a3fc386f38d85d53889e.jpg

Looks like Majkhel was spot on:

Rather when the arm is raising, they start moving a bit the back. I know this creates a lot of problem with those pauldron's positioning especially in reagrd to the jump pack and wings.

However, I do think that the jumpack can still be adjusted in place. One of the shoulders of my raptor conversion is in a very similar angle, and I was still able to attach the jump pack. However, I would panic thinking on all the possible armpit work that probably should be done in order for this to work...

Anyway, keep rocking it!

Edited by Master Umbra

You are 100% right Master Umbra - I will have a look at it I think as it does bother me also. Unfortunately, these shoulder pads will be scrap - it’s a shame about the Death Guard skull one. I was sure I had another but I can’t seem to find it! There is space I feel between the wing and the arm perhaps, the jump pack itself will already need mounting slightly ‘back’ due to them anyway. I will have a look and see what I can do :tu:

On the plus side, I have found my Loken Vs Abaddon base -

gallery_46632_13392_400863.jpeg

Look at them, they are desperate to get up on it!

Appreciate the c&c folks :tu:

Oh, I completely forgot! For the backpack of my Raptor (remember that he has one arm in a similar position), what I am gonna do is to actually add one of those empty backpack generators from the Chosen Havoc kit. More specifically, one of the two from the far right:

s-l400.jpg

Then, I will hide the joint between the jumpack and this piece with either GS or Plasticard. This will provide more room for the shoulderpads.

Regarding your base... that duel doesn't deserve any less!

Hope this helps!

Edited by Master Umbra

Cheers Master U :tu: :tu: I had a chopping up session last night to see if I could improve it, results not good!

gallery_46632_13392_39817.jpeg

I would have to do major surgery with the pose on the arms, widening the gap across shoulders which would mean the forearms would possibly need lengthening to keep the axe above the head. It’s a tough pose to carry off! Here is a previous attempt -

gallery_46632_13392_59609.jpeg

So I have reverted back to the previous method, as that is the best I feel I can manage with the wings and the jump pack without any more major headaches! He is such a wide use of bits, not all of it pinned, that I don’t want to risk damaging him further - I am sure I couldn’t get his wing back where I wanted it :D :D

gallery_46632_13392_146747.jpeg

You are right about the knee being on the piss too. On the plus side I have added some bling to draw the eye lol - intending on adding Astorath/Sanguinor’s streamer scrollwork also to make him look slightly ‘grander’ and Chapter Master-y.

Now, the working title of the diorama is ‘Where is your Saviour now?’ which is a reference to both combatants looking quite massive, evil and scary to your average guardsman - to the point of which is the good guy? Is there even a good guy?! To that end, I plan on adding a guardsmen cowering under the rock/collapsed building amongst the strewn bodies so I will have to convert something suitably terrified! I am not up on their range so I will have to have a good dig through to find something suitable :D

Edited by Midnightmare

Oh damn! Yeah, looks like an overly complicated conversion... plastic toy wonky anatomy at its best. Let's all pretend this shoulderpad debate didn't take place ^^. Regarding the idea for the diorama, it just sounds awesome! I am not familiar with the Guardsmen range either... but IIRC there are some kneeling ones in the Cadian kit. 

Yeah think basically, a Space Marine with massive wings and a jump pack can’t make this movement! I can understand why Astorath’s sculptor went the way he did, so much easier :D

Yeah I will take a look at eBay for se bits re-the guardsman. I like the idea of him sitting in his own piss :D

Edited by Midnightmare

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Bryan, glad you like :tu: :tu:

It’s great when my own work inspires others, as I have had loads of inspiration from other hobbiests and artists over the years - one of the best things about the hobby :) U hi out can probably tell, but I have been having fun back with my Flesh Eaters!

• 4 weeks later...

I really love the classic approach to these guys. The hazard stripes on the chainsword, the shark teeth. It contrasts perfectly with the grimy weather and really produces this beautifully grim look. I've always loved your work, brother, and these updated warriors are certainly no exception!

Hah, I've been away for a while, but glad to see you still chugging-out excellent stuff. Love how sergeant Decan blends ferocious, almost barbaric brutality with nobility. 
Hazard-striped chainswords with teeth almost clogged with gore on the other two are simply A W E SO M E!

Also it's a fantastic shot of the Assault Intercessor with the eerily crooked head. Like he's taking time in a slow-mo to wonder at the devastation he unleashes between swings of his chainsword :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Many thanks for the kind words guys! They are always appreciated :tu: I have been toiling away in the mean time, and next up to enter the fray is....

Ancient Vigo; The Vengeful One, The Sorrow of Karpathia

gallery_46632_13392_169702.jpeg

Internet cookie for guessing where his name was stolen from

gallery_46632_13392_118044.jpeg

gallery_46632_13392_546049.jpeg

The unfortunate Helbrute victim -

gallery_46632_13392_511740.jpeg

He took me ages to get done; a few things not 100% happy with but overall I am really pleased with how he turned out. He looks quite imposing on the battlefield! The teeth were inspired by the old RT Contemptors, and I imagine the front to open to stuff victims into a blender fitted to the sarcophagus for ‘fuel’ - bye, bye Mr Helbrute :devil:

I have also completed my Chaplain -

Reclusiarch Ghorn

This is a very slightly converted Indomitus dude, more in keeping with the Flesh Eaters -

gallery_46632_13392_124765.jpeg

Crew shot -

gallery_46632_13392_318182.jpeg

I am currently attacking some Primaris......Death Company! More soon :tu:

Cheers for looking

Midnight :)

Edited by Midnightmare