Thanks very much Isengrin! Glad you like :) I have had to stop whilst I await some new greenstuff (brown stuff actually this time!) but in the meantime I have finished another brother (on the left) so I guess this counts as a finished 5 man Intercessor squad. Rushed him a bit so I could put them in a facebooks comp at Warhammer Chester store, but tbh you can’t tell with my style lol

gallery_46632_13392_348635.jpeg

Pict capt of Squad Greghor of the Flesh Eaters during the cleansing of Hellborn IV

....and a close up of the new guy

gallery_46632_13392_681277.jpeg

Just a snap fit marine (as are they all so far apart from Lieutenant Greghor) with the blood drop pendant and he also has a Sanguinary Guard pouch on his side.

Edited by Midnightmare

Looking good all together. Marine 4th to the right reminds me for some reason of art from the first 40k rule book ever; scene of marines moving down an urban street and taking fire from unseen hab levels above. Great stuff, and let us know how brown stuff compares to green stuff for sculpting per your opinion!

Many thanks Yosef, Majkhel and Bjorn - I appreciate the comments! Keeps the fires stoked :tu:

Death Company Dreadnought In build now whilst I await some greenstuff to continue with Voivode Captain Orlok. I should be painting, but I love a good kitbash -

gallery_46632_13392_60679.jpeg

gallery_46632_13392_192873.jpeg

gallery_46632_13392_850910.jpeg

gallery_46632_13392_1624869.jpeg

C & C most welcome

Cheers

Midnight

Great to see how well these guys are coming along! The Flesh Eaters dreadnought is fantastic, but the base is kinda off. I feel like the helbrute arm doesn't mesh well with the dreadnought body, but maybe paint will tie it all together.

I totally see what you mean, but don’t worry I will be putting some sort of shoulder pad over it to bring it all in. Have faith!

Where's the head from on the DCD? The flamers work too :tu:

Not legal though...

Don’t say not legal! Boooooo! I thought you could swap out both the Melta and the Storm Bolter for one? In that case I shall sling a magnet on the underside of one of his arms so I use either and the flamer can count as one, extra toasty flamer (they just look so massive and 40k I can’t remove one!)

The head is actually just a skull (trimmed down under the nose) from one of the Chaos banner pole, this one was off the vehicle upgrade sprue that has the Tau Fire Warrior Head above it - I chose that one as it is quite large, but not excessively so.

Thanks Jol :tu: :tu:

Wait, what? It's absolutely legal. The furioso starts with a stormbolter and a meltagun. You can replace the stormbolter and/or the meltagun with a heavy flamer, so you can definitely take two.

I think the dread looks absolutely rocking, man! Can't wait to see some paint on it! :thumbsup:

That’s how I read it, but either way I will sling a magnet in so as to give me the option as I do like my melta :D

Thanks Noctus, glad you like :tu: I do love those heavy flamers though myself, they are so gloriously massive to the point of ridiculesness, which is exactly how I like ‘em!

Death Co. Dred looking great; can’t wait to see your signature weathered paint job style on it. I’d use some clippers on the destroyed sarcophagus a bit more, as can’t imagine the Death company dred cutting him out so cleanly! Get the blood for the blood god/clear TAMIYA red paint ready!!!

Thank you Yosef and Majkhel for you comments :tu: don’t worry, there will be plenty more battle damage on the Chaos Dread! In the mean time, I painted a little -

“.....and Valek brought his mighty warhammer, Hellfall, down on the prone form of the heretic astartes with a satisfying crunch. Blood and viscera sprayed wide. The Voivode Captain of the Third stood triumphant as a new era for the Flesh Eaters dawned. He surveyed the newly forged Primaris warriors before him as the carnage ensued, ripping and tearing the routed Black Legion warriors limb from limb. Some unfortunate loyalist Astra Militarum officers caught in the pincer movement were also victim of the Flesh Eaters lapse in self control. A moment of doubt, just a flicker, manifested itself in Valek’s dark, first born mind. He was ill at ease with these new warriors and their new powers. Cawl’s creations had saved the Chapter from extinction but Valek the Terrible wondered if it was indeed too much, too soon”

gallery_46632_13392_206193.jpeg

gallery_46632_13392_97631.jpeg

gallery_46632_13392_83564.jpeg

I never painted up Valek’s Stormshield as my Flesh Eaters sat out the 8th Edition, with the dawn of the 9th I thought it quite appropriate :devil: the new jump pack is simply down to the fact I can’t find his Mk IV version! I am sure it will turn up, but I kind of like the brutality of this one, if also seems to balance him slightly better. The green bits were just added for funsies and to break it up, and it sits better with the green power weapons.

gallery_46632_13392_341668.jpeg

I also finished this dude -

gallery_46632_13392_172515.jpeg

Onto the next guy, who wears a beakie helmet....

The jump pack really adds ‘ooommmph’ to his stature and he looks great alongside the newer primaris; they’ll think twice before challenging him! I’ve got some bits ordered and am feeling the pull of the FleshEaters chapter thanks to your inspiration! Edited by Yosef Hausakluif

Really great job on the Valek - that guy looks like he means business. Love the ancient look he has, a true first-born, sharp and deadly. I really like the match-up between artificer armour, utility-looking JP and grisly trophies on hooks and chains! 
Also love the shield being used as weapon :devil: