Thanks very much guys, I appreciate all the comments! I am enjoying being back working on these guys, hopefully it’s showing. Here is the next guy -

”I, brother Vaustus of the Jaws of Doom, unleash the fury of the Great Angel upon xeno and heretic alike. Kill, kill, kill them all!”

gallery_46632_13392_1897.jpeg

gallery_46632_13392_138886.jpeg

I still need to weather the Chapter symbol! Doh!

gallery_46632_13392_103903.jpeg

Bringing me back to 29 years ago and reverently flipping through the tomes that were the 1st 40k rulebook and space marine compendium and what not.

Great execution of a ‘classic’ scheme brought into the present and done with taste so as not to look too garish or cartoonish. All the details are on point and looks GREAT!

I know it may be easy and quick to you at this point; but I am mystified by your weathering painting style. It’s not too much, but gives the grimy battle scarred look of power armor well.

Edited by Yosef Hausakluif

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments! I had a blast painting this guy in particular, as I hope shows :tu:

@Yosef here is a breakdown of how I do my more weathered red as seen on my newer Flesh Eaters; I do use some oop GW colours though but apparently Instar do copies of them which I will get once my supply dries up!

1. Black undercoat

2. Mechrite Red (oop GW colour)

3. Agrax Earthshade wash

4. Reapply Mechrite Red in downward streaks and prominent edges

5. Evil Sunz Scarlet applied the same way, leaving the Mechrite showing

6. Charadon Granite (oop GW) sponged on

7. Leadbelcher sponged on to a lesser degree

8. Runefang Steel to very edges of damage

It’s not difficult really when you compare it to how better painters than me achieve results. I wanted something quick and easy for the table top that looks effective :tu:

• 2 weeks later...

Apologist said perfectly.

I love how they are all posed and themed perfectly together as a squad; they almost have an eerie Deathly mechanical look all together as a squad. A giant evil malevolent Feeling/force emanates from the group shot all together they don’t have as individuals. Might be their helm positions and poses; all really add to this, with the overall weathered look and grisly trophy here and there.

Many thanks guys - very fine descriptions of them from you both, you are making me blush. I have had a blast with them, I really have. I did put them together with thoughts of how the squad would look as a cohesive unit; the poses and the trophies, even the details such as the chain blades and Blood Angel icons and vials, I have tried not to repeat them or go to over the top with them as it would have been very easy too. Glad I have got the balance just right! :tu: :tu:

Cheers :)

Next up, Redemptor! These have really grown on me, and although it is a long way off completion, I have made a start on what will be one of two Dreadnought centre pieces of the army when I hopefully get to a Warhammer World when it opens with my Flesh Eaters :tu: Little tweak to the pose, I have used (stole!) the idea of the dead Dreadnought on the base and took it off my Death Co one as it was too big on there -

gallery_46632_13392_215907.jpeg

Had some fun with Sanguinary Guard wings

gallery_46632_13392_270039.jpeg

“Help!”

gallery_46632_13392_177418.jpeg

Still a way to go, but progress!

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you guys - Bjorn,Yosef, Horrible and Kraut - I very much appreciate the comments. I have not got much further with my Dread as I was waiting on some bitz however I have busied myself with this kindly fellow -

gallery_46632_13392_515131.jpeg

gallery_46632_13392_1008.jpeg

Basically, an Assault Intercessor inducted into the a death Company - please GW give us the rewlz for this!!

Cheers :tu: