***Librarium's Painting Challenge 2012 - Phase II***

Captain Semper

Another Hero of Chapter!!!!

Congrats Brother dean, they look super. I will never get tired looking at Asmodai's mini. Talking about ageing well...

Just as a reminder, don't forget to post your completion and the link to your updated WIP thread here. That way it'll be "officially"on record.

Well done once again! The Chapter is all that matters!!! <_<

Hail Louis, Hero of the Chapter!!! You are the 20th completion of the DAs sub-forum! Congratulations - these tanks sure look too good to use! ;)

Also it's good to see other victims of the Virus Bombing recovering... I'm still trying to stand! :P

Soooo only 6 more completions to reach our 50% milestone! Keep'em coming guys!

I'm at 95% done. I didn't finish highlighting the Ravenwing bikes, or do the Deathwing company standard, in time for the tournament but that's all that remains.

I'll take some decent photos soon but for the time being here's a teaser of Belial and his command squad in action against orks and necrons:

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb440/Cactus-/40k%20Doubles%20Feb%202012/20120226_140408.jpg?t=1330543700

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb440/Cactus-/40k%20Doubles%20Feb%202012/20120226_142143.jpg?t=1330543576

Your Belial looks epic! But please get more piiiiiiiics!!!! :)

In fact, since you're so close to completion, I'll be happy to wait to get your stuff finished... But the Belial looks awesome - I have to tell ya!

And another Hero of the Chapter - this time is Hexagon Sun!!! Cangratulations brother, the 6th squad of your 4th Company rocks!

On a side note we are now above 40% of total completions - I think the 50% benchmark is definately within our reach! Keep going guys, talent+commitment=win!!!

As a reminder the following completions have yet to be reported in the official LPC thread here. All that's required is to make a new post stating you completed your vow and add a link to your WIP thread.

Brother dean

Grand Master Neo

Lord Hail

Pbenner

Stuka06

We are doing pretty well so far guys, but I think we should expect a "spring assault" by our major adversaries namely the BA and BTs!!! So stay focused everybody! :) :P :P

And another Hero of the Chapter! Grand Master Belial completed his 8 characters - one looking better than the next! Congratualtions Grand Master B. Excellent work!

Now where do we stand?

We are more than 42% complete and only 4 completions away from reaching the 50% level!!! It's well within our grasp and I'm sure it will be easily attained! Keep in mind though, we are a week in the final month of the challenge and time begins to be an issue - especially for those who paint mainly on weekends - we are running out of those fast! (weekends that is)^_^. I see that many other sub-forums are stepping up their efforts too, and I wouldn't be surprised to be peppered by completions from the BAs and BTs in the next couple of weeks! We still have the best performance so far though - something to be undoubtedly proud of!

Well we should thank you for mustering the recruits Captain Semper! :)

As a little update, I onlyhave some minor tidying up to do on my dread and some weathering, should I feel like it and then he's done. :)

So 96% there.

Brothers,

I have added my post to the thread, noting that I have completed my Vow.

For some reason, painting my Master of the Deathwing model gave me a serious painting bug. Since completing him, I have painted my Interrogator Chaplain in TDA, and now (20) Deathwing Terminators all with bases that are on-par with my MotDW.

I have (15) more Terminators in pieces awaiting paint for final assembly, as well as a custom Librarian Conversion, a Land Raider Crusader, and a Godhammer Pattern Land Raider. I don't know what it is but this army made me push my ability to paint to a new level. I can't wait to finish up with my 3K pure Deathwing (Fluffy!) and take another whack at my Nids.

Keep pushing guys, I have faith in all of you to complete your vows.

Paul

Sorry to hear that... Why though? I found it quite fun and different from the rhinos' and such... my only problem was the primer that I used (stupid enamel). Is your problem with the paint? (spreading white evenly on large surfaces could be a pain). Or the moveable parts? (they require some attention to make them function correctly).

Share your problem and people might be able to help out... In anycase I've updated your status to 60%.

Priming the drop pod was the initial problem. I used Krylon white primer, which usually covers very well. However, when I went outside to spray paint I didn't realize how cold it is, and some parts came out rather rough looking. I cleaned it up and gave it the first wash, so my anger has been vented for now.

I also started with boltgun metal for the metallics, and from there on it was smooth sailing. The top part with the "engine" and storm bolter is done for now, tonight or tomorrow I'll start on the doors and hinges. As long as I'm making progress, that's the important part. :(

All hail the 23rd Hero of the Chapter - Vazzy the Gruesome! ^_^ Awesome work with his tacts, speeder (red helmet rocks) and LR! Congratulations Vazzy for completing!

Now, only 3 completions to reach the 50% level. Who's gonna be? Can we meet this target over the weekend? There are quite a few people reporting above 90% completion rates, enough to get us to 50% with ease! C'mon guys - only 3 completions and we are 50% there!

All hail the 23rd Hero of the Chapter - Vazzy the Gruesome! :P Awesome work with his tacts, speeder (red helmet rocks) and LR! Congratulations Vazzy for completing!

Now, only 3 completions to reach the 50% level. Who's gonna be? Can we meet this target over the weekend? There are quite a few people reporting above 90% completion rates, enough to get us to 50% with ease! C'mon guys - only 3 completions and we are 50% there!

Vazzy the Gruseome eh? Might be my name if I fall to Chaos ;)

All hail the 23rd Hero of the Chapter - Vazzy the Gruesome! ;) Awesome work with his tacts, speeder (red helmet rocks) and LR! Congratulations Vazzy for completing!

Vazzy the Gruseome eh? Might be my name if I fall to Chaos :P

If you fall, you won't be around long enough warrant a name :P The Legion will see to it :)

Archived