***Librarium's Painting Challenge 2012 - Phase II***

Captain Semper

All hail Dark Rage - the 30th Hero of the Chapter! And I thought the Dread was cool - but these scouts man, wow, just wow!!! Congratulations on finishing your vow - well deserved "Vow Complete" banner mate! :tu:

30 completions gentlemen, yes, you read it right! We are on a winning streak here - and just 2 more for the utter annihilation of the Heretic! Can we do this before the weekend? Tough one, I know, but when the going gets tough... :)

And the usual reminder:

The following completions have yet to be reported in the official LPC thread here. All that's required is to make a new post stating you completed your vow and add a link to your WIP thread.

Grand Master Neo

Gillyfish

Lord Hail

Stuka06

Here's my Captain with the base coat applied. Detailing should be done by Sunday, I'll have my vow completed by Tuesday at the latest.

gallery_53412_6824_995537.jpg

gallery_53412_6824_1202692.jpg

gallery_53412_6824_355915.jpg

gallery_53412_6824_971137.jpg

It's great to see how many completions have been made so far. Hopefully we can get some more to close out the month and show everyone the First Legion will not be denied.

Hey Cap, great news.....

VOW COMPLETE !!!! FOR THE LION !!!!

So to refreash everyone, my vow was...

I, Grotsmasha of the Dark Angels sub-forum, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 1 x Razorback, 1 x Custodian on Jetbike & 1 x Custodian Contemptor Dreadnaught, 1 x Assault Sgt, 1 x Tactical Sgt.....and....THE LION HIMSELF !!! on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

Group shot

gallery_48988_6803_347239.jpg

Lion el Jonson

gallery_48988_6803_180224.jpg

Custodian Contemptor

gallery_48988_6803_477647.jpg

Tactical and Assault Sgts

gallery_48988_6803_349647.jpg

Custodian on Jetbike

gallery_48988_6803_147826.jpg

gallery_48988_6803_176421.jpg

True Scale Rhino/Razor

gallery_48988_6803_139336.jpg

Cheers,

Jono

All hail Grotsmasha, 31st Hero of the Chapter! Bravo Jono for completing your vow! Kneeling Contemptor kicks backsides!!! Not to mention the "missing link" Rhino/Razor/Raider :P Congratulations on completing your vow!

Now with literally a week to the finish line every moment counts! The 67% benchmark is very possible - we need just 4 more completions! And the good news is that we are only 1 completion away from tableing the Followers of the Dark Gods!!! :)

So, who's gonna be the 32nd Hero?

And the usual reminder:

The following completions have yet to be reported in the official LPC thread here. All that's required is to make a new post stating you completed your vow and add a link to your WIP thread.

Grand Master Neo

Gillyfish

Lord Hail

Stuka06

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

@ Brother Kovash: Sadly that Baneraider sits in a pile, in a box, in a cupboard. The real hold-up is painting the interior before I can continue. I'd like to get it done so next year it can be a part of my vow. We'll see how that goes.

@ Isiah: I've a second kneeling Contemptor painted up a DAs, who only needs his left arm painted. The LPC has the painting juices flowing, I may actually get him finished (he was at his current level of completion pre LPC).

Cheers,

Jono

++THE PLANET SURFACE++

+ SECURING THE BASILICA’S SANCTUM+

Amadis pulled his Crozius off the destroyed horned helmet of the Chaos Marine and the armoured body fell heavily to the paved floor. The occasional distant staccato of bolters echoed in the collapsed Sanctum as squad Khadmiel was mopping up the last elements of resistance. Hate and disgust was still burning in Amadis’ chest as he landed another spiteful blow on the lifeless body of his blasphemous enemy. Suddenly his helmet vox came alive.

- Brother-Chaplain?

- Yes Khadmiel, report.

- The sanctum is secured sir. Resistance dropped to zero. The Heretic is utterly defeated!

- Acknowledged sergeant. Form a perimeter and assume defensive positions.

- Understood. Khadmiel out.-

Amadis looked at the mangled body of the 10,000 year old warrior at his feet and tried to identify his once-held allegiance. Black armour. No other discernible feature. Was it Black Legion then? A Son of Horus? He kicked the body to turn it to its side, the left shoulder pad facing upwards. It was covered by a cloth of unholy signs. With one swift move Amadis removed the dirty cloth and was left standing in awe. There was a symbol; a symbol in red. It was faded, unclear and chipped but it was also unmistakably familiar. It was the red winged sword of the Dark Angels Legion!

He lifted his eyes and saw Veteran Sergeant Neria staring at him.

:huh:

All hail Brother Immolator, the 32nd Hero of the Chapter! Congratulations Brother, and with a bonus mini to boot! Great to see my fellow Greek in this Challenge delivering on the promise!

Well with 32 completions we have “tabled” the Chaos Ascendant sub-forum! In real English this means that we have more completions than they have vows. On top of that we crossed the 60% completion rate benchmark and we are 3 completions away from 2/3rd level! Let’s do the final effort brothers – when your kids ask you “What did you do in LPC-2012 dad? “; you will proudly reply: “I was there kid, I was there…”! :P

Nothing will stand in our way now!!!

RAVENWING! ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!!!

The darkest among us just became the 33rd Hero of the Chapter! All hail Darkest Angel for completing his vow (for the second consecutive year too) and adding, among others, a NMM Chaplain dread to the ranks of the Unforgiven. Talking about brave - not to mention huge talent to pull this off succesfully! Congratulations Darkest, for completing your vow! (again)!!!

Now two more completions to get us to 67%. Doable? Damn right!!! B)

AS AT 24 March 2012:

OVERALL COMPLETIONS TO 100%: 33

OVERALL COMPLETION RATE: 63.5%

Captain S, I count 19 unfinished vows, not 33. :jaw:

I'm taking Elmo's extra 20% as a challenge

Go for it ;)

(I'll not mention the other stuff I have also done) B)

AS AT 24 March 2012:

OVERALL COMPLETIONS TO 100%: 33

OVERALL COMPLETION RATE: 63.5%

Captain S, I count 19 unfinished vows, not 33. B)

Correct. There are 52 vows submitted and, up to now, there are 33 completed. Which means 19 remain unfinished. What I meant was "OVERALL COMPLETIONS TO 100% LEVEL OF COMPLETION"as opposed to say 75% level of 50% level that some vows are in at any given time and not 'OVERALL COMPLETIONS REMAINING TO REACH 100% OF TOTAL VOWS"

He means there are 33 completed vows, not 33 till completion.

Exactly that ^^

However in order to avoid confusion I changed the wording. ;)

Here are the numbers that are officially marked off as Vow Completed in the main thread.

BA 8

BT 11

DA 25

Armies that aren't listed have even less than BA currently.

Last years winner was BA with I believe 21 total completions. If we add up the completed vows that haven't been officially marked off we are currently crushing the competition. Lets keep up the pressure though and win in a landslide victory.

Archived