***Librarium's Painting Challenge 2012 - Phase II***

Captain Semper

All hail the 23rd Hero of the Chapter - Vazzy the Gruesome! ;) Awesome work with his tacts, speeder (red helmet rocks) and LR! Congratulations Vazzy for completing!

Now, only 3 completions to reach the 50% level. Who's gonna be? Can we meet this target over the weekend? There are quite a few people reporting above 90% completion rates, enough to get us to 50% with ease! C'mon guys - only 3 completions and we are 50% there!

Vazzy the Gruseome eh? Might be my name if I fall to Chaos :P

If you fall, you won't be around long enough warrant a name :P The Legion will see to it :)

That's reassuring, I guess it'd be a bad time to mention my Night Lord army?

Made a little progress after six weeks of inactivity.:P .. spurred on by Captain Semper's infectious enthusiasm and the amazing work completed by the others in this forum.... <_< LPC 2012 Dark Angels Scout Squad

Detailed blog on my site at LPC 2012 DA Scout Squad Progress

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Temp_LPC_Scout_Squad_Phase_01_01.jpg

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Temp_LPC_Scout_Squad_Phase_01_01b.jpghttp://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Temp_LPC_Scout_Squad_Phase_01_01c.jpghttp://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Temp_LPC_Scout_Squad_Phase_01_01d.jpg

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Temp_LPC_Scout_Squad_Phase_01_01e.jpghttp://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Temp_LPC_Scout_Squad_Phase_01_01f.jpg

Comments, criticisms and cajoling are all welcome....

SG

Brothers behold!

Sigismund Himself has presented the "Vow Complete" signature for 2012! See below!

I present to you....the vow completed signature for this year!

gallery_21629_1792_12867.gif

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads..._1792_12867.gif

Simply copy and paste this into your 'Edit Signature' panel on your profile :)

[img=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/1331419953/gallery_21629_1792_12867.gif]

Now is this motivation or what? :lol:

EDIT: Is it me or he looks a bit Dark Angely?

Congratulations Gillyfish - 25th Hero of the Chapter! Look fwd for pics of your Ven Dread, although if the wife has control of the PC, well... we're not in hurry really... :P

And now, the next completion will have the honour to be the one to bring us to the 50% level! Who's gonna be? *ominous music heard in a distance* :D

Maybe me? This last Sunday I locked myself up in the workshop and brought the Vow to 99% All thats left is aplly some decals and a coat of varnish. Pics coming sometime in the week, next monday tops ;)

You'd better hurry, we have another 99% by Cactus and a number of other high percentages that might report completions at any time! ;)

I will have to don't I...after all the cajoling from Captain Semper!!! :P

Yessss! Failure is not an option! :) Especially when the "vow complete" sig is sooooo cool!

I just wanted to say Congrats to everyone that has already completed their vow, and "Go go Gadget Painting" for all those still working. You guys have done awesome and all of you guys participating in this are a motivation to this schmuck that isn't. :P I look forward to seeing all of your completed works.

A huge doffing of the cap to CPT Semper as well for having this so organized, drumming up participation, reminding and motivating, and keeping everyone apprised of the progress of this forum's vows. Good show, battle brother, good show!

A huge doffing of the cap to CPT Semper ... for ... keeping everyone apprised of the progress of this forum's vows.

This is is the biggie for me; the Dark Angel's LPC really feels like a community effort, something greater than the sum of its parts. Great stuff.

Nice job on finishing Wayward can't wait to see the pics. Also congratulations to everyone who has completed their vows already and all the best to those brothers that are still working on theirs.

Also a big thank you to Captain Semper for really making this feel like a concerted group effort and keeping everyone motivated. And he's right the vow complete banner really does look cool this year.

++THE PLANET'S SURFACE++

+THE BASILICA’S SOUTH WING+

Brother-Chaplain?

Amadis was desperately trying to regain consciousness… what had happened? He recalled the red armoured foe storming his position. He also recalled squad Baphomael standing their ground beside him. Then… then he saw the tank. A deep red Predator slowly turning its autocannon to his position…

Brother-Chaplain?

He has to remain conscious…. What happened then? He just can’t remember. Did it fire? It must have fired… Then? Did the enemy assault squads advanced? Did the perimeter hold? Can’t recall… Can’t… The Crozius? Where is it? Ah, here it is… still… still holding it. Maybe things are not as bad. Maybe…

Brother-Chaplain?

Amadis turned his head slowly to see Veteran Sergeant Baphomael kneeling next to him. Behind him was Apothecary Verchiel cleaning up his narthecium and other medical equipment.

- What’s going on Baphomael? Amadis asked, still disoriented.

- Everything is intact Brother-Chaplain. You were unconscious for about two hours. The Pred opened fire on your position, good thing the masonry took most of the burden. Brother Verchiel says you’re battle-ready now.

Verchiel. Yes… good thing Master Enoch had sent him down here after all.

- Give me a full report Sergeant, said Amadis as he attempted to stand on his feet again.

- The perimeter held sir. After their initial assault was repelled they send for tank support. Brother Callo took care of that with his launcher, but not before it rendered you unconscious. When the assault squads attacked it looked pretty grim for a minute but by then, our Venerable brothers had arrived. Brother Zadakiel alone stopped the enemy on its tracks inflicting horrendous casualties. As they fell back, Oertha pursued them and managed to capture the north wing of the Basilica alone with his squad. Venerable Brother Rhamiel followed in support. As it stands now Brother-Chaplain, we control 50% of our objectives!

Amadis was indeed battle-ready again. He looked across the destroyed masonry over to the north wing of the Basilica, where Sergeant Oertha banner was flying.

He smiled as he called in the “Lion’s Vengeance” to report. It was a good day for the Unforgiven.

:)

Firstly all hail Wayward the 26th Hero of the Chapter! His fantastic work will be remembered for ever in the annals of the Chapter!

So, 50% of vows fulfilled! This is no small feat. It translates to 26 completions, two more than what it took the BAs to win the LPC last year! It also puts us in a better position compared to UM, SW, Legio and LA sub-forums even if they manage to fulfil 100% of their vows.

And just to check on our “rivals” officially reported completions:

BAs: 6 or 10.0% of their vows.

BTs: 6 or 12.5% of their vows.

IA: 4 or 10.8% of their vows.

CA: 3 or 9.7% of their vows.

It is evident that currently we hold a clear advantage. It is also interesting that the completions of all other sub-forums currently oscillate around 10% of total vows. However we are nowhere close to safety. And the reason is that there could be completions out there that have yet to be officially reported and also our rivals are well known for their talent and dedication which can only spell nasty last-minute surprises for us! We got less than 20 days until the curtain drops for this year’s event so make the final effort guys – for this is it!

For the Emperor and the Lion!!!

P.S. 1: As a reminder the following completions have yet to be reported in the official LPC thread here. All that's required is to make a new post stating you completed your vow and add a link to your WIP thread.

Brother dean

Grand Master Neo

Gillyfish

Lord Hail

Stuka06

Wayward

P.S. 2: PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL THOSE THAT HAVE COMPLETED THEIR VOW CAN NOW USE THE "VOW COMPLETE! LPC 2012" SIGNATURE. THIS CAN BE FOUND IN POST 130 IN THIS THREAD OR HERE - POST 587

However I beleive this is only temporary as it will be substituted soon the the "CHAMPIONS 2012" SIGNATURE!!! :lol:

P.S. 3: I would like to thank all of you guys for your kind words! This is truly a community project and all the members of this forum deserve to be proud to be part of this group of fantastic hobbyists! DAs rule!

Did it. They are finished. Pics pending... So It still 99% ;) If tommorrow night I have a free hour like today, Ill take the darn pics and they will be up on wednesday...

You need an hour to take photos? Must be some camera... benediction to the machine spirits I guess!! ;) ;)

As for CAP, the fact that you are shepherding this community is a great advantage and none can ask for more ! :D

SG

Holy crap BC Sharp, that is FANTASTIC!!!! and it's only 50%?????

I can't wait to see it finished.

Cheers yet again Master of Recruits, it sure does feel good to have a banner after years of not participating.

Work hard my fellow Sons of the Lion, let's get to 75% complete.

stobz

Archived