Custom Black Templars Dice - Update!

Rogue Pilot

well for mass orders you all need one person willing to bite the bullet and make the first order for everyone, then they can diseminate all of the orders to the rest of you, so say forum member jack makes and order of 300 dice because 10 people want them;

that would make them about $.50 a die, plus shipping so think $15.00 for the set of dice and about $7.00 for shipping (over estimating to cover any variation)

so that will be about $22.00 for 30 dice.

jack would just have the responsibility to ship out all of the dice to the others and the members must ensure that jack gets his payment.

Payment suggestion. I've been using PayPal to purchase dang near everything I buy on the interwebs. Really easy to create an account and their customer service/consumer protection is pretty good. Had an issue with my Itunes account getting compromised and some jackwagon buying up all sorts of crap on my account. It was directly tied to PayPal, so the payments were going right through. I made a complaint to both Itunes and PayPal. Itunes gave me the finger and wanted all sorts of accompanying paperwork in order to get my refund and change my account....whereas PayPal immediately refunded my money and went after Itunes directly. Needless to say, my Itunes account is shut down and I now use my wife's...changing her password every other week or so!

In short. Everyone can apply for and get an account quickly and easily. Whomever makes the initial purchase can create an account and the subordinate buyers will pay him via that account. Yes we'll have to trust one another to get the transactions done correctly, and it might be a bit of a pain doing international orders, but I have faith that the boys and girls on this forum are upstanding citizens and will not give their Brother the Imperial Shaft (can be interpreted in more ways than one!)

Another option is to do an eBay account...but that might take more coordination so that outsiders don't go buying up the dice intended for someone else!

Just some thoughts.

COUNT ME IN!!

Philsminions is right. I've used Bartertown quite a bit, and the trust issue is there. However, if someone screws you over (doesn't send the dice or doesn't pay after they are ordered), it falls under mail fraud in the US, so there are at least laws to take care of it. Also, sending payment as a "payment owed" (personal) rather than a regular payment doesn't incur paypal fees.

How the payment will work...

1.We will get a total order cost from chessex per dice and the shipping cost. The shipping cost to me will be split by all of us equally. Then the cheapest method of shipping from me to you will be added on. For example we order 200 total dice between 10 people. The cost is 50c a dice and the shipping from chessex to me is $5. If you brought 20 dice then it would be $10+50c (your share of the shipping) + the shipping from me to you. I willl be doing some further research into international shipping costs from Australia.

2. Then with everyones total calculated I will PM you individually to get shipping details and Paypal emails. From there I will send you an invoice and get you to pay the money to my Paypal.

3. We put the order into chessex :):D:D

Is that okay with everyone?

I want to join in with 5-10 black and white dices, deppending on the total price. Are we talking about US$ or Australian$? The Templar cross with the skull is instead of the six dotts right?

I think it is essential that everyone pays before Rogue pilot places the order. Paypal would be my choice, although I going to need instructions since I almost never use it, last time was to pay B&C for their new server.

Rogue pilot your suggestion is alright. Thank you for taking the responsibility for this.

Depending on prize, I'd be very much interested in getting some dice myself. Will keep checking up on this post to see if an order will be made. ;) Using PayPal is no problem, though I live in DK, but will of course be covering shipping fees.

Edit: You can put me down for 58 dice. I'd prefer this:

48 - black die/white dots

10 - black die/red dots

If this combo isn't possible, then just go all out 58 black die/white dots. :angry: Thanks again for making this possible.

I'm not sure I understand your plan for us to pitch in for the shipment to you in AussieLand? I would think that by us paying for shipping from you, that offsets what we would normally be paying Chessex in shipping costs. Where we get the benefit is purchasing in, what now is looking like, MAJOR bulk. :) I can understand helping cover the difference in any extra shipping...ie: should it normally cost us $5.00 to ship something but it cost you $10.00 to get all of that from Chessex, then we would divy that extra five bucks up amongst the rest of us so you're not out money over and above what you should be. Unless, of course, our making up for the shipment to you is our way of making a small "payment" to you for taking on this huge endeavor?! :) In that case, I guess I can understand your rationale. :P

Have you given any thought to what was proposed earlier, regarding three colors instead of just one? I'm not especially choosy, but having 30 Black with White/Bone pips and 5 each of Red/White and White/Black might be pretty sweet. Once again, beggars cannot be choosers here...I surely don't want to cause you any more trouble than you're already in for!

Can't wait to see what you find out. And thanks, by the way, for proposing this on such a grand scale. It is quite an undertaking logistically and will take some of your personal time. And for that, I thank you!

I'm not sure I understand your plan for us to pitch in for the shipment to you in AussieLand? I would think that by us paying for shipping from you, that offsets what we would normally be paying Chessex in shipping costs. Where we get the benefit is purchasing in, what now is looking like, MAJOR bulk. :lol: I can understand helping cover the difference in any extra shipping...ie: should it normally cost us $5.00 to ship something but it cost you $10.00 to get all of that from Chessex, then we would divy that extra five bucks up amongst the rest of us so you're not out money over and above what you should be. Unless, of course, our making up for the shipment to you is our way of making a small "payment" to you for taking on this huge endeavor?! :P In that case, I guess I can understand your rationale. :P

Have you given any thought to what was proposed earlier, regarding three colors instead of just one? I'm not especially choosy, but having 30 Black with White/Bone pips and 5 each of Red/White and White/Black might be pretty sweet. Once again, beggars cannot be choosers here...I surely don't want to cause you any more trouble than you're already in for!

Can't wait to see what you find out. And thanks, by the way, for proposing this on such a grand scale. It is quite an undertaking logistically and will take some of your personal time. And for that, I thank you!

I'm not doing this for any personal benefit at all. The reason for the shipping split is to avoid me been out of pocket for getting over and above how many dice I was orginally intending to get. The real advantage for you to combine in the group order 1. Cheaper dice with the bulk purchase, 2. You avoid all the hastle with design ect, thats all handled by me.

I have given some though to that, and I agree. I was part of the bulk BA dice order and they were allowed to pick 5 colours to use as part of the bulk order so my idea is to have 3 types of black/white dice, (e.g translucent smokey and marbeled), 1 type of red dice for sword brethren and perhaps 1 for assault or the like. That gives us different dice for wound allocation and shooting ect.

I have just sent chessex an email to find out what colours are availble so stay tuned all :P

Put me down for 100, don't care about the cost. I'll decide the split depending on the colors etc.

And for those of you on pricing, it all depends on how much. These are the prices from chessex:

10-25 dice: $1.00 per side

26-99 dice: $0.75 per side

100-199 dice: $0.60 per side

200-499 dice: $0.50 per side

500-999 dice: $0.42 per side

1000+: please ask for quotes

The BA dice order was 2400+ and I think about $0.36 per die. So the more we order, the less it costs. We won't know until all numbers are in.

If the price came below $0.40 cents (which I think is about £0.25?) then I'd be interested in around 100. But not if they're higher than that (some bugger at the club always seems to pinch a few of my dice most weeks, don't want to pay too much per die because of that!). Would also depend on colours, but the black/blue/red the poster linked to on the first page look very nice.

The Templar symbol should always represent awesome (6 on the Damage Table, Rending, a 6 Inch Righteous Zeal move, etc) rather than suck, such as a failed 2+ armor save or that time you needed anything but a 1 and that's what you got.

Archived