The Gauntlet of Fenris

MaveriK

@Forte, Skadi, Postal, Arez:

If you will have me instead of the Iron Chin (and possibly beardless) I will join your ranks as a Wolf Guard. I have yet to decide how the points are going to get spent, that depends on the pack that I am with. One possility is in TDA with a combi-flamer and a wolf claw.

What say you Brothers and Sister?

If you will have me instead of the Iron Chin (and possibly beardless) I will join your ranks as a Wolf Guard. I have yet to decide how the points are going to get spent, that depends on the pack that I am with. One possility is in TDA with a combi-flamer and a wolf claw.

Else brother you could join your brothers-in-brawling aka meself, Eyes, Horst, Volsung and Khine :) - we would appreciate a brother in TDA

I say yay. But I'm not sure how much use a combi flamer would be.

with only 3 of us being Fenris born, i am hesitant to use Fenris in our name.

Fair enough. We're probably best off avoiding the word 'alliance', too, if only to avoid confusion with the Mighty Alliance.

And our three Chapters don't have a lot in common besides their loyalty to the Emperor, really.

As far as picking something short, snappy and awesome goes, that doesn't leave us many options. :sweat:

...Unless we riff on Guilliman's name for some of his brother Primarchs and call ourselves the 'Dauntless Few'? :lol:

and yes, truesonofruss is part of the team. also, ray has notified me that he will have 10 points left over, so if anybody on the team needs them they are up for grabs. i think i am well enough equipped for the moment.

Out of interest, are there any options for blood claws that cost 10 points or less? I'm probably the weak link in the chain as things stand, so it might be worth me having something other than the vanilla (You can tell I'm a UM successor, huh? :P ) options if possible.

Hey Ace,

I suppose you could go with a plasma gun as long as your not liable to blow up too much...its only 10 pts, melta gun is 5 pts, and if we can magic up another 5 pts some where you could go with power weapon or plasma pistol. Not much though.

TSOR( i'm thinking maybe the T could be silent and it would make a decent name... opinions?)

Heroes of Wrath :sweat:

Dauntless Few is good, too. I think Sanguinius would approve.

I originally misread your idea* as 'House of Wrath' which also conveniently sounds pretty neat if our brother Wolves don't approve of the Dauntless Few. :P

*It's late, and after 9:00 pm my ability to read goes to bed regardless of whether I go with it or not.

Hey Ace,

I suppose you could go with a plasma gun as long as your not liable to blow up too much...its only 10 pts, melta gun is 5 pts, and if we can magic up another 5 pts some where you could go with power weapon or plasma pistol. Not much though.

TSOR( i'm thinking maybe the T could be silent and it would make a decent name... opinions?)

In that case, if a melta gun works for Rayray, it'll probably work for me. I'd try the plasma gun but I have a horrible feeling I'd go down on the first shot. :lol:

Tsor works ok as a shorter name for yourself, and sounds suitably space-wolf-y to my admittedly untrained ear. :D

Else brother you could join your brothers-in-brawling aka meself, Eyes, Horst, Volsung and Khine ;) - we would appreciate a brother in TDA

I could do that as well. We shall see. I await the word of my pack as a bloodclaw. I have heard from Forte, but has anyone heard from Nrth?

@Forte: I would be willing to switch it to something else if you were to have a suggestion. Maybe a different combi? Or just leave it as a stormbolter and donate the spare points?

I would not want to usurp the position of another, more close, brother so I shall I await the word from the rest of the pack before I pursue other options.

For the fun of it: :(

The preparations for the hunt continued. The wolves were discussing ideal anti-kraken loadouts, wagering tankards of ale on who'd get the most spectacular kill and reciting tales of the infamous kraken hunters of the ancient days. Ace could barely hear Zynk over the background noise, discussing with several Wolves the nature of the kraken itself.

"... And of course, 'tis a mercy we're not against the full-fledged ones." Zynk said, pulling a sour face. "I'm not sure there's enough firepower on Fenris to bring one of those mammoth creatures down."

"Don't believe that for a second." The Space Wolf known as Tsor chuckled. "The big ones are dangerous, but not invulnerable."

"I thought you said the adults don't have that weak spot above the eye-ridges?"

"They don't, "replied Wolf Lord Kieran, draining the last of his ale "but that just makes them tough, not invlunerable. Ace, it's your turn to get them in."

Ace got up and went to the bar wordlessly. The krakens sounded almost absurdly dangerous. Ace's ideal weapon loadout for killing one would have included a Thunderhawk. And here he was, running with the Wolves, armed with a Codex-issue throwing chainaxe and a bolt pistol.

When he came back, the topic of conversation had moved on slightly.

"... might as well team up," Tsor was saying, "it'll be a lot easier than trying to hunt one of these monsters alone."

"Makes sense." The wolf known as Rayray shrugged. "I don't object to hunting with you lot."

"Even me?" Said Zynk, with a chuckle. Rayray waved a hand dismissively.

"I hear you took care of yourself just fine last time. It's more the newcomer I'm concerned about."

It took Ace a moment to realise Rayray was talking about him, but when he did, he laughed.

"Yeah, me too. I guess we'll see what I'm made of once the hunt is underway." Ace handed out the drinks. As he did so, Wolf Lord Kieran shot him a confused look.

"What's that you're drinking?"

"Huh? Oh, it's Asharan tea." Ace said, taking a hearty swig. "I'm freezing. It's much too cold for ale."

"Offworlders," Keiran chugged his ale enthusiastically. "You're all the same. It's never too cold for Fenrisian Ale."

"So, anyway." Zynk cut in. "If' we're all going to be hunting together, what are we going to call ourselves?"

I stopped reading my 6th ed rulebook to catch up on this... ::a wicked grin gleams through the beard:: you lot aren't gonna leave me out now are ya?

Edit: Brother Crazywolf did step up first, but if any of the others aren't going to be around, I'm in. Blood Claw.

I stopped reading my 6th ed rulebook to catch up on this... ::a wicked grin gleams through the beard:: you lot aren't gonna leave me out now are ya?

Edit: Brother Crazywolf did step up first, but if any of the others aren't going to be around, I'm in. Blood Claw.

Surely we can squeeze in another body. I mean, Greenhorn barely counts :)

Surely we can squeeze in another body. I mean, Greenhorn barely counts :D

Its only you,postal,skadi and I so we have room for nrth

Welcome back nrth,where were you for so long?

@Nrth: you have first dibs on the pack with Arez, Forte, and Skadi. I allowed for that at first.

@RussBrother: Still have room for TDA Wolf Guard? Arms still undecided. Possibly a combi and wolf claw unles you and the rest of the pack have a different idea.

Crazywolf

@Nrth: you have first dibs on the pack with Arez, Forte, and Skadi. I allowed for that at first.

@RussBrother: Still have room for TDA Wolf Guard? Arms still undecided. Possibly a combi and wolf claw unles you and the rest of the pack have a different idea.

Crazywolf

Welcome aboard if we can have a 6th :P i was still waiting on Mav to tell us if normal GH/BC could have special items first. If not i'll give you my spare points after buying Motw :P

I am also more than happy to accomodate you Brother Crazywolf - I'm inclined to only have a Plasma Gun and then hand over the last 5pts in my armoury to yourself or other brethren who can use it :lol:

"3) Users have an option to join a pack of up to a limit of 5 members." we reached capacity already brother =[

I am also more than happy to accomodate you Brother Crazywolf - I'm inclined to only have a Plasma Gun and then hand over the last 5pts in my armoury to yourself or other brethren who can use it :lol:

"3) Users have an option to join a pack of up to a limit of 5 members." we reached capacity already brother =[

Hot Damn! Khine's right ^_^ we be sorries Brother Crazywolf - teh Mighty Alliance has closed doors, tis understandable though, otherwise some teams get huuuge and others be smalls :(

Mighty Alliance? That's what we calling ourselves now? haha

Hey, Brother Crazywolf, if you wanna spot in the pack, you can have mine if you wish. Just cover my arse if we live to get back to the tavern!

We have always been the Mighty Alliance brother :P for we are an Alliance and we are Mighty :P

Hah! Simple and to the point! I like it!

Aye, so as it stands, if Crazywolf can't find another pack, I shall go solo and relinquish my spot to a brother, and I shall kill that squid-spawned whoreson bastard with mine own hands!

No. Wargear. Needed. :)

Archived