The Gauntlet of Fenris

MaveriK

Pack brothers, Rayray, Ace, Zynk Kaladin and TrueSonofRuss,

How does the Emperor's Murder-makers sound?

or just the Black Sails?

WLK

I think I like the Black Sails... and you were going for Emperor's Murder makers no? Cause brother Wolf I am definitly not into Emperor's Murder :D

Who is where, as in which pack? Partly for me, and partly for our ailing Gaunlet master...

Me,forte,postal,skadi, and Nrth(?) are in a pack

Yeah, I'm right here. Have been for a bit. Is there something wrong with your eyes? lol

or just the Black Sails?

WLK

Black Sails is an ok name, but Emperor's Murder-Makers doesn't sound right to me, somehow. :tu:

I'm guessing that it was just me and Zynk who approved of using 'the Dauntless Few', as a side note. ;)

Drat. Thought I'd picked a winner there. :lol:

Room for one more?

Long time luker on the forums, but the chance for a kraken barbecue is just to tempting to pass..

So if anyone needs another blood claw (perhaps with a flamer), just give a howl..

Good hunting to you all

Brothers of the Fang, what say we welcome this outlander, for he is either foolish or bold enough to fight along side you at the vanguard, facing the first wave of the kraken tide. Welcome all who wishes to run the gauntlet of Fenris.

As for every one else and their questions... all will be answered in a few hours! patience my friends.

or just the Black Sails?

WLK

Black Sails is an ok name, but Emperor's Murder-Makers doesn't sound right to me, somehow. :P

I'm guessing that it was just me and Zynk who approved of using 'the Dauntless Few', as a side note. ;)

Drat. Thought I'd picked a winner there. ;)

Dauntless Few works for me.

3 votes for? yep, its official!

WLK

WLK

Sweet, 'cause that name makes us sound as badass as a pack of Primarchs. :P

...I'm suddenly aware we now have a lot to live up to. ;)

Also, to Sanctarin, welcome to the hunt. Nice to know I'm not the only non-regular poster in the Fang signing up for a death or glory scrap with the Kraken! :)

WLK

Sweet, 'cause that name makes us sound as badass as a pack of Primarchs. :P

...I'm suddenly aware we now have a lot to live up to. ;)

Also, to Sanctarin, welcome to the hunt. Nice to know I'm not the only non-regular poster in the Fang signing up for a death or glory scrap with the Kraken! :)

That's a decent sounding name, just hope that the 'Pretty Princess' does his fair share of the fighting too Or it might become the " Dauntless Few Who Perished " ;)

- Slides the last of the Krakken Rings over towards Sanctarin - Welcome and eat your fill, it stirs the Kraken up something furious when they smell their sautéed Kin on your breath.

or just the Black Sails?

WLK

Black Sails is an ok name, but Emperor's Murder-Makers doesn't sound right to me, somehow. :)

I'm guessing that it was just me and Zynk who approved of using 'the Dauntless Few', as a side note. :ermm:

Drat. Thought I'd picked a winner there. :lol:

WLK

Chock that up to 4... I somehow missed that this was an option for our pack name, would have been my first choice had I noticed before. AND...welcome Sanctarin! Enjoy your stay at the Fang Brother, the ale is over there *Points at the Bar* and the brawling and bragging will be there too after "the Dauntless Few" clean up this Kraken hunt.

gallery_24878_5332_100624.jpg

Special Scenario: Q&A

1) Which equipment list do we use to spend those points? Is it just the one for the unit type we choose or do some of us who are prone to, shall we say borrow, get access to the Wolf Guard equipment list?

You choose your troop type, from there you equip your choice of that troop type. However you do have an option to opt-out and lend your points to your pack-mates. If you're a League Member, then you have access to better wargear. So whatever troop type is available for your choice under the C:SW then that's what you do choose.

2) So do we equip extra wargear cause I thought it was just spears and axes?

No, this is a special scenario. Therefore you're going in for a real fight using whatever is available in the SW armoury.

3) Will combi weapons have only one shot?or since we are defending the Iron Isles will we get more than one shot?

sorry it's the one shot deal. Trying to keep it by the book. I'm not going to over-complicate something that is already written in stone.

4) I'm soooooooo in on this!!!! tempted to go TDA with twin wolf claws but if the rules allow for multiple wargear since 25pts can be allot if you're smart. Imagine a crazed shield maiden (counts as long fang pack leader) carrying heavy bolter + missile launcher + flamer. and I still have 5pts left over for a pack mate.

You have 25pts to choose from, and there is no limit to what you want to bring with you. So long as you don't go over the 25pt limit. During the gauntlet, you will need to let me know which weapon you will use before I roll the dice.

5) I'm soooooooo in on this!!!! tempted to go TDA with twin wolf claws but if the rules allow for

can we(WG) take a special weapon?

You can take a special weapon if you have the points and if it's under your wargear option

6) If you could give us a run down on what wargear restrictions each Hunter / each Pack has that would be awesome. I think people could start to organise themselves, which means less hassle for you later on.

No restrictions, just as long as the points are within the limits. Only Grey Hunters can use the wargear available under their section in the codex. The same goes with Wolf Guard and Long Fangs etc etc. Therefore a Blood Claw cannot use a plasma cannon even if he has the points for it.

7) Next question is do we ally with the other pack?

Yes it is allowed. Even with rogue warriors. This is a special scenario fit for the sagas.

gallery_24878_5332_100624.jpg

The Gauntlet of Fenris was inspired by:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=217688

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=235844

:: SPECIAL SCENARIO ::

The long summer on Fenris has been intense this year; the eye of the wolf showed no mercy. Algae covered the shores around the southern islands. Vegetation grew to surreal proportions, causing thousands of kraken-spawn to boil out of the seas of Fenris. Alarmed filled all the scanners from both on orbit and from the mighty fortress known as the Fang. The brotherhood of the Iron Isles sealed their vaults, preparing for the onslaught and attack.

++++ INCOMING TRANSMISSION +++

"Our scanners from both the Fang and on orbit, are seeing massive migratory movements of kraken-spawn. All heading towards the southern islands. This event has not been seen by the Old Wolf and of the sky warriors since the Anvil, Arjac rose to distinction and becoming the champion he is today. Unfortunately eleven of the twelve great companies are out on crusades across the galaxy. Only a single great company, along with a skeleton crew of Inglorious Drunkards stand watch over the Wolf Kingdom and the mighty stronghold known as the Fang. For those brave enough to heed the call. Help stop the advance of those kraken-spawn by running the gauntlet." - Hunt Master, MaveriK

gallery_24878_5332_53226.jpg

:: DISCLAIMER ::

Users have to right to ignore this thread just as people have the right to participate. Please keep the roll-playing within this thread. We have to be more responsible with our words and actions, and try not to let the mindset cross over to other threads. This is the Fang, and we represent the Sons of Russ. Behave yourselves or see yourself cast out deep into the underfang.

:: TURN SEQUENCE ::

1) Movement

2) Shooting (optional)

3) Close Combat

:: PACK WIDE RULES ::

And They Shall Know No Fear

Acute Senses

Counter-attack

gallery_24878_5332_53841.jpg

:: SIDE QUEST RULES ::

1) Indicate your character's location and actions to a designated Hunt Master/Fleshmaker. Post your instructions, it helps keep track of everyone on the trend and keeps everyone entertained at the same time. Lastly... PRAY to the dice gods!

2) Only three users (including beast) may occupy one tile. Each character has the Independent special rule.

3) Users have an option to join a pack of up to a limit of 5 members. Your pack may team up with several other packs. The more the better! start a gang just in case other Astartes chapters decide to try the gauntlet of Fenris.

4) Users are allowed to move two tiles in any direction, and assault on their third. Close combat weapons are temporary and are destroyed or left behind as your character moves onto the next tile. You can throw weapons, which counts as your shooting. (SPECIAL SCENARIO: WARGEAR OPTIONS AVAILABLE)

5) Predator and Prey. Using a scatter dice will determine wind direction for an entire round. If you're upwind from your prey, the beast gains +1 Initiative. If you're downwind from your prey then you gain the +1 Initiative.

5) Once a user fails his armour save, a leadership roll is made to see if he can still stand and fight with negative modifiers (-1 WS, -1 A, -1 I) the player breaks off from combat and restarts one tile back in any direction from their current location. Once a user fails his final armour save, the character is rendered unconscious either waiting for his pack mates to bring him back to the tavern or the Fleshmaker to bring him back to the Fang.

6) Once a user kills 5 of the same beast type, he or she is granted league member status for the Inglorious Drunkards thread. Once a user kills 7 of the beast type, he or she is granted to challenge previous Inglorious Brawler champions to a solo fight.

:: TROOP CHOICES ::

This is no ordinary hunt. The Anvil of Fenris request that those who wish to run the gauntlet suit up in this special scenario and fight with their favored wargear.

Inglorious Drunkard

- Blood Claw (base point +15pts of your choice)

- Grey Hunter (base point +15pts of your choice)

League Member + Inglorious Brawler

- Wolf Guard (base point + 25pts of your wargear choice)

- Long Fang (base point + 25pts of your wargear choice)

* flame templates take up two tiles

* packs of two or up to five members, have the option of adding up their total points, to purchase expensive wargear. ie Assault Cannon.

gallery_24878_5332_8898.jpg

SEASON ONE

Night One: Sturm Moonwolf (Long Fang)

Night Two: Growler67 (Wolf Scout Korvis)

Night Three: TiguriusX (Grey Hunter)

Night Four: MaveriK (Grey Hunter)

Night Five: Orphus (Blood Claw)

SEASON TWO

Night One: maverik_girl (Grey Hunter/Shield Maiden)

Night Two: runningwolffenris (Blood Claw)

Night Three: MaveriK (Wolf Guard)

LEAGUE MEMBERS

League Member: Nacho Wolf

League Member: Firenze

League Member: Decoy

League Member: Mikal Wolfheart

League Member: Starkhan Fellblade

League Member: Wolf Lord Metuhs

League Member: The LoneWolf

League Member: Chapter Master Ignis Domus

League Member: hendrik

League Member: BrotherCrazywolf

League Member: Jonas Stromclaw

League Member: Wolf Lord Kieran

League Member: Brother Ramses

League Member: Zynk Kaladin

League Member: arez

:: THE MAP ::

The hunt master rolls 2d6; pick the highest roll and that number will indicate the number of kraken-spawn placed on the map.

gallery_24878_5332_112753.jpg

Kraken-spawn is one of Fenris mightiest sea-dwellers on Fenris. Each great year when the sun makes the land melt, and the oceans are once more full of activity the kraken releases his children. Scale spawned monstrosities, these monsters are known to attack many a fortified position by the hundreds.

Kraken-spawn

Small Kraken6064364104+

--EDIT--

SIGN-UP for the special scenario begins NOW and ends on AUG 31st. The Gauntlet starts the first week of September. Less than an hour left until sign-ups are closed.

Please have your wargear posted and teams ready by Sunday, September 2nd. Since there are allot of you, I will split you all up accordingly so that everyone has their own map to fight the first tide of kraken spawn. The sooner I have everyone's info, the faster I can roll the dice! If I missed anyone, feel free to let me know. Any questions, please refer to the Q&A post or just post in the thread. Good luck to all, and may the dice gods favor the bold!!!

THE ROSTER

- Khine

- eyeslikethunder

- Wolf Lord Kieran

- Warhorse47

- Rayray

- forte

- Zynk Kaladin

- Brother Crazywolf

- -Volsung-

- arez

- postal105

- Wolf Lord Conan

- truesonofruss

- Ace Debonair

- Russ Brother 92

- Fytharin

- maverik_girl

- Loki-LaughingDeath

- Nrthstar

- Sanctarin

Mav is that new roster what packs you have put us into or are they just a list of participants and we use the packs we have organised?

If those the packs you decided we are in.... then i'll go Grey Hunter - Mark of the Wulfen and Flamer.

If not, then i'll talk to the rest of the other members of the "Mighty Alliance" and get back to you with a full list of gear.

Archived