The Gauntlet of Fenris

MaveriK

Um.... 42! I'm going to need a long set of terms and conditions, I sense.

Blackmaned, 4 legged wolf, fully furred, and with no opposable thumbs. Note that chest hair and beards are not fur.

thunderwolves?

How about uncontrollable back hair? Guess you didn't want that one out in the open.

This is why you hunt with simple weapons, like swords, axes spears....

I don't know, large rocks are pretty much the simplest you can get.

Blackmaned, 4 legged wolf, fully furred, and with no opposable thumbs. Furthermore, must be not be ridden to war by the Space Wolves. Note that chest hair, back hair, beards, and any other hair found on the human body is not fur.

How about uncontrollable back hair? Guess you didn't want that one out in the open.

I don't know, large rocks are pretty much the simplest you can get.

Blackmaned, 4 legged wolf, fully furred, and with no opposable thumbs. Furthermore, must be not be ridden to war by the Space Wolves. Note that chest hair, back hair, beards, and any other hair found on the human body is not fur.

Cyber wolves? :D

hahaha im sorry brother.. i was having too much fun - gives Ignis Domus a hearty smack on the back -

Blackmaned, 4 legged wolf, fully furred, and with no opposable thumbs. Furthermore, must be not be ridden to war or modified by the Space Wolves. Note that chest hair, back hair, beards, and any other hair found on the human body is not fur.

There. That had better cover it.

Blackmaned, 4 legged wolf, fully furred, and with no opposable thumbs. Furthermore, must be not be ridden to war or modified by the Space Wolves. Note that chest hair, back hair, beards, and any other hair found on the human body is not fur.

There. That had better cover it.

-points at the Fenrisian Wolf stalking through the halls of the Aett- pretty sure that isn't modified or rideable =x

Blackmaned, 4 legged wolf, fully furred, and with no opposable thumbs. Furthermore, must be not be ridden to war, use in war, or modified by the Space Wolves. Note that chest hair, back hair, beards, and any other hair found on the human body is not fur.

Closer and closer...

Blackmaned, 4 legged wolf, fully furred, and with no opposable thumbs. Furthermore, must be not be ridden to war, use in war, or modified by the Space Wolves. Note that chest hair, back hair, beards, and any other hair found on the human body is not fur.

Closer and closer...

what if it's just a companion for the hunt? :D

This is why I'm hunting with Arez. Simple weapon for sure.

my instructions are thus: i am to hunt the Wulfen, using field cunning and try to suprise it before it can engage the Night Angel. As soon as possible i want to engage it in CC, preferably suprising it.

i want to ensure our fallen brethren gets a quick death.

WLK

Be wary brother-wolf. If I'm reading this correctly we will be facing three Wulfen:

"5) DM/Fleshmaker decides where to put 3 of the same beast types on the unlocked map (unknown to players during the first round)"

If such is the case, then we should work together to take out the numerically superior adversaries. If we're only fighting one or two, then I think we can safely act on our own. In either case I shall hold my instructions until the storm effects, wulfen placement, and wind direction are determined.

Eyes sharp, ears open, talons out. We shall deal the Emperor's mercy this day.

Be wary brother-wolf. If I'm reading this correctly we will be facing three Wulfen:

"5) DM/Fleshmaker decides where to put 3 of the same beast types on the unlocked map (unknown to players during the first round)"

If such is the case, then we should work together to take out the numerically superior adversaries. If we're only fighting one or two, then I think we can safely act on our own. In either case I shall hold my instructions until the storm effects, wulfen placement, and wind direction are determined.

Eyes sharp, ears open, talons out. We shall deal the Emperor's mercy this day.

there will be three .. means that people can get three of the same kill if they are lucky from the first round

As for my instructions... I will move, if necessary, to keep the wind in my face and away from the four legged, blackmaned wolf, with above stated non opposable thumbs that is the prey of the current hunt. If I am in a position to shoot at the beast with the above stated conditions I will do so. If I am in charge range of said creature, which is not Hrothgar, I will do that instead.

gallery_24878_5332_177542.jpg

The Gauntlet of Fenris was inspired by:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=217688

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=235844

gallery_24878_5332_53226.jpg

:: RUNNING THE GAUNTLET ::

Users have to right to ignore this thread just as people have the right to participate. Please keep the roll-playing within this thread. We have to be more responsible with our words and actions, and try not to let the mindset cross over to other threads. This is the Fang, and we represent the Sons of Russ. Behave yourselves or see yourself cast out deep into the underfang.

:: SET UP ::

1) Pick your troop type and or teams

2) Roll for beast type (unlocking map associated with result)

3) Users place themselves on the map.

4) Roll for storm effects

5) DM/Fleshmaker decides where to put 3 of the same beast types on the unlocked map (unknown to players during the first round)

6) Roll scatter dice for wind direction

:: TURN SEQUENCE ::

1) Movement

2) Shooting (optional)

3) Close Combat

:: PACK WIDE RULES ::

And They Shall Know No Fear

Acute Senses

Counter-attack

gallery_24878_5332_53841.jpg

:: SIDE QUEST RULES ::

1) Indicate your character's location and actions to a designated DM/Fleshmaker. Post your instructions, it helps keep track of everyone on the trend and keeps everyone entertained at the same time. Lastly... PRAY to the dice gods!

2) Only three users (including beast) may occupy one tile. Each character has the Independent special rule.

3) Users have an option to join a pack of up to a limit of 5 members. Your pack may team up with several other packs. The more the better! start a gang just in case other Astartes chapters decide to try the gauntlet of Fenris.

4) Users are allowed to move two tiles in any direction, and assault on their third. Close combat weapons are temporary and are destroyed or left behind as your character moves onto the next tile. You can throw weapons, which counts as your shooting.

5) Predator and Prey. Using a scatter dice will determine wind direction for an entire round. If you're upwind from your prey, the beast gains +1 Initiative. If you're downwind from your prey then you gain the +1 Initiative.

5) Once a user fails his armour save, a leadership roll is made to see if he can still stand and fight with negative modifiers (-1 WS, -1 A, -1 I) the player breaks off from combat and restarts one tile back in any direction from their current location. Once a user fails his final armour save, the character is rendered unconscious either waiting for his pack mates to bring him back to the tavern or the Fleshmaker to bring him back to the Fang.

6) Once a user kills 5 of the same beast type, he or she is granted league member status for the Inglorious Drunkards thread. Once a user kills 7 of the beast type, he or she is granted to challenge previous Inglorious Brawler champions to a solo fight.

:: TROOP CHOICES ::

Blood Claw

1) Headstrong. As indicated at SW: Codex

2) Berserk Charge. As indicated at SW: Codex

Grey Hunter

1) Mark of the Wulfen, no rending

2) Wolf Standard. May re-roll only one failed armour save

I will add more troop choices... I'm just going to test this out by starting small and slow.

gallery_24878_5332_8898.jpg

:: FENRIS STORMS ::

At the beginning of the game, roll a D6 and consult the Fenrisian Storm table below. Roll again at the start of each game turn, adding +1 to result for each full turn of the game that has passed.

1-2 The Storm Abates: The wind howls and snow smothers the ground. No effect.

3-4 Blinding Flurries: The driving snow obscures all vision. All shooting attacks suffer a 25% penalty to their range, rounding fractions up.

5-6 Brutal Winds: The winds buffet and pummel anyone caught in the open. Non-vehicle units moving in open ground must pass a Strength test or move as though in difficult terrain (One tile).

7-8 Howling Death: Moving swiftly during an intense storm such as this can bring death. Users that travel more than two tiles on the map must take a Dangerous Terrain test. (If failed, user is stationary for a full turn in their tile)

9-10 Ice-storms: Shards of ice lash the users, flaying the unfortunate. Every user on the map suffers 1 wound/glancing hit on the roll of a 2+

11+ The Wrath of Fenris: All of the above effects are in play.

:: THE MAPS ::

gallery_24878_5332_53124.jpg

MAP ONE. Unlocked for hunting the following: 1,3,4 and 5.

gallery_24878_5332_112753.jpg

MAP TWO. Unlocked for hunting the following: 1, 3, and 6.

gallery_24878_5332_46549.jpg

MAP THREE. Unlocked for hunting the following: 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.

:: THE HUNT, DICE ROLL RESULTS ::

1) (ADD FLUFF)

ICE-TROLL

Cave/Ice Troll405513356+

2) Two metres high at the shoulder, over four tons of pure muscle. Four lungs, huge rib-cages of semi-fused bone, hind-legs the width of a man's waist, twin twisted horns and a spiked spine-ridge.

KONUNGUR

Giant Elk404415395+

3) (ADD FLUFF)

ICE-BEAR

Kodiak404414393+

4) (ADD FLUFF)

BLACKMANED WOLF

Fenrisian Wolf404414256+

5) (Wulfen are the result of our geneseed. Leman gave us the blessing of the wolf so that we would never be defeated by our foes,but his gifts come with a price. As we are born to battle, so are we called to prove our worth time and again, through strength, courage and guile. War within. War without. War unending. That is how we live, little brother. That is who we are. Unfortunately not all of us win this war.)

WULFEN

The Wolf-Bitten/Failed Aspirant5054152+1103+

6) The kraken is one of Fenris mightiest sea-dwellers on Fenris. Each great year when the sun makes the land melt, and the oceans are once more full of activity the kraken releases his children. Scale spawned monstrosities, these monsters are known to attack many a fortified position by the hundreds.

KRAKEN

Small Kraken6064364104+

RUNNING THE GAUNTLET

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r35/Azn_MaveriK/Gauntlet/KrakenHunt-001.jpg

KRAKEN HUNT

FENRIS STORM UPDATE: The Storm Abates: The wind howls and snow smothers the ground. No effect.

KRAKEN

Small Kraken6064364104+

:: The Claws of Russ ::

So this is where a night of drinking before a hunt gets you. I really should know better by now. Merriment and Arez is always a questionable, but enjoyable, pastime. Hunting, for sure. A Kraken...hmm. Who suggested it. It'll come to me. More than likely, it was Skadi. More to see if the rest of us would go for it than anything else. As if we'd turn down any challenge with a belly full of Mjod and meat. May as well make the most of it. After all, there's no greater challenge at the moment.

I'll take the Krakens beak. Prove I have what it takes. And to shut Greenhorn up too. If he gets it then we'll all know about it till the Wolftime.

I can smell it on the air. And smell my pack too. And Mjod. And...wait. I know that smell. Oh great. Warhorse. This was going to be tough but now....its going to be enjoyable too. Very...enjoyable. - forte (D7)

(...)- Arez Greenhorn (D1)

Rebuilt and reborn by the fleshmakers. The she-wolf known only as Skadi is just as beautiful, and deadly as any creature on Fenris. She stood tall and proud, moving swiftly and quietly like a mountain lion. Skadi was scouting out the terrain. The shield maiden of the Rout could sense it. The anticipation and tension in the air. Her heart was pounding faster now as she prepared for the hunt. Her long hair dark as a ravens, flowed gently along the cold winds of death. Skadi held onto her axe tighter, ready to prove her worth within the court of the wolf king an in the eyes of the Vlka Fenryka. The air was cold, and her skin felt numb. Breathing in the cold air was like having knives stab through your lungs. But this was nothing to a Fenris born, especially to a daughter of Fenris. This is home, and she's here along with her pack mates, to hunt one of it's greatest and most dangerous creatures. A kraken! - Skadi the She Wolf (Shield Maiden) (A7)

look at Forte and shakes his head if he thinks he will get that Krakens head i he is in for a fight after i rip its arms off and then hack it peaces and rushes head first into the snowy waste with his trusty spear in hi shad and combat knife on his hip with an axe in a sheath on his back. - postal105 (C7)

Loken stood out on the snowy tundra looking out over the vast white plains of Fenris he smiled exposing fangs as a westly wind blow across him it's icy touch caressing his un helmeted face he caught the scents of his pack mates on it as well as the scent of something else. It had been awhile since he'd been on a hunt like this. Thinking about it he couldn't remember the last time he had hunted like this. While Forte and Postal will scrap like pups for the Kraken's head, Loken is only interested in tearing out the monsters heart. - Loken86 (C8)

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r35/Azn_MaveriK/Gauntlet/MightyAlliance-001.jpg

KRAKEN HUNT

FENRIS STORM UPDATE: The Storm Abates: The wind howls and snow smothers the ground. No effect.

KRAKEN

Small Kraken6064364104+

:: The Mighty Alliance ::

Horst enjoyed the salt tang in the air and grinned to himself. It felt good to be with these younger pups, all raw courage and fired up for anything. Too long it had been since he had seen a kraken, and now he readied the sounder that would call the beast to them. He looked out over the cobalt seas and stopped his smile, wouldn't do to let the pups know he was actually enjoying himself, now would it? - Warhorse47, Grey Hunter (C5)

As he checked his melta gun again for the 5th time Eyeslikethunder wondered what he had done to be assigned this mission. After hundreds of years exterminating the enemies of the Emperor across the great ocean of space here he was baby sitting some blood claws find some dumbass wolfguard who had got himself lost. He had heard the sagas of these Blood claws and some spoke of them as the next ragnars but he waited to pass judgement when he had seen them with his own eyes. At least the mighty Warhorse was here by his side. He knew with Warhorse by his side no challenge was too great no mission to hard.

As he heard the engines tone change he knew their thunderhawk was coming into to land. The doors hissed as the seals opened the smell of salt wafted in and something else something much worse... This was going to be good day after all - eyeslikethunder, Grey Hunter (B5)

This was a day of judgement, a start or an end of great sagas would be forged this day. A task had been set by their Lord and only it's completion could bring peace to the minds of this alliance. One of the revered Wolf Guard brethren had gone out on the hunt to sate his desire for glory, not one week ago. A week too long the Wolf lord had said, his return was required and his voice was needed in council and he must be brought back from the ice fields. So it was that five individuals had stood to retrieve this task, each had been counselled by the old man. Khine had stood because he had not liked the tone of distaste that had crept into the words of his lord. These smacked of dishonouring his teacher's name and he could not let that happen. Similar thoughts must have gone through his fellow pack member's mind as Russ Brother had stood soon after, as did three of the grey beards. They had set out in one of the companies thunderhawks gunships, which had irked the bloodclaw to no end. "Why had they not been allowed to search on foot?" these were words left unspoken on his tongue. The distance to the ice fields had not been a long journey. It would have only taken a day to arrive and return had they used their legs and perhaps there would have been a chance to hunt but not now..

Having landed the gunship on a relatively stable sheet of ice, the five of them had set out across the ice. The search had been slow going and treacherous, as the ice was melting and great fissures of water had appeared. It was like the very ocean had shrugged off it's own armour so that it could feel the sun on it's surface once more. He could not blame it for wishing for the sensation, the sun felt good against his head after he had removed the trapping of his own helmet. Cool breezes had caressed his skin as it had been exposed and he had breathed deeply, the sensation bringing his hunting instincts to the forefront of his conciousness. Something was not right, there was a bitter tang to the air but he could not place where he remembered the scent. Lowering himself down onto his haunches, he cast his gaze out over the expansive landscape of ocean and ice, searching for the source of the smell. Suddenly he was aware of where he had experienced this scent before, it was death. - Khine, Blood Claw (B5)

(...) - Russ Brother 92, Blood Claw (C5)

"The Mighty Alliance"... Dragan was smiling at the name adopted by their ragtag pack... He was watching his packmates - Warhorse and Eyeslikethunder the Grey Hunters alongside Khine and Russ Brother the Blood Claws - moving cautiously across the cold wastes of Fenris. Fenris could be harsh and deadly for those too proud of themselves. They were a mighty alliance indeed: a good mix of seasoned experience and youthful fury. Yes... maybe just the pack to succeed in this hunt and bring back to the Wolf Lord their lost battle brother.

Without even realizing it he was now in a battle alert stance… He has catched a stirring in the cold morning breeze… a scent of ill omen… Yes… There was no mistaking the scent of one of most vicious predator of Fenris… the scent of a kraken! Dragan was grinning now. Fenris could be sweet for those seeking glory and adventure and a mighty hunt was ahead of them now! He could see that his packmates had catched the scent too and he moved to take position alongside the young Khine… - Dragan Stormwolf, Grey Hunter (B5)

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r35/Azn_MaveriK/Gauntlet/GiantElkHunt-001.jpg

KONUNGUR HUNT

FENRIS STORM UPDATE: Blinding Flurries: The driving snow obscures all vision. All shooting attacks suffer a 25% penalty to their range, rounding fractions up.

KONUNGUR

Giant Elk404415395+

He could smell the Elk somewhere, his nostril were full of its scent and calling himself a true son of Russ meant he would taste its blood. He knew it would be looking for his scent and he hoped that the years as a hunter before he was risen to a seat amongst the sky gods would prove him better suited for this than the elk was to him. Trying to stay upwind he would track it and either put a bullet through its thick skull or take its head of with his chain sword. Worst comes to worst he is pretty sure he could beat it to death with his bare hands... The hunt had begun. - truesonofruss, Blood Claw (C7)

The wind was picking up, small snow crystals dancing around the young bloodclaw as he sat in the open sharpening his knife against his whetstone, some would use a spear on a hunt perhaps a club but RabidWulfen believed like most of those in the company of the Redaw that a true kill can only be achieved within the closest of quarters, where you can embrace your prey like a brother and ease its passing into the land of morkai, only then are you truly one with the beast, the beast in your arms and the beast in yourself. To be close to the beast was the curse of all those under the sign of the bloodied hunter, it was a burden that set them apart from their brohers in the fang, but it was one that they were all honored t carry.

Faintly RabidWulfen could smell he scent of his brother truesonofruss, who had come to these fields for his own hunt, wishing his brother fortune in his hunt and satisfied that his blade was sharp enough he rose from his haunches and deposited it along with his whetstone back into there respective areas on his belt. Breathing deeply he could make out the sent of a herd of Konungur that was somewhere in the area smiling to himself as he thought of the coming hunt, his inner wolf sang at the chance to hunt the plains once more and RabidWulfen agreed throwing his head back in a long howl that echoed through the field.

The game had been set and the hunt was on! - RabidWullfen, Blood Claw (E4)

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r35/Azn_MaveriK/Gauntlet/TrollHunt-001.jpg

CAVE TROLL HUNT

FENRIS STORM WEATHER UPDATE: N/A

ICE-TROLL

Cave/Ice Troll405513356+

Jonas pounded down the mountainside, yelling. "York, get back here, you idiot mutt!" The young Fenrisian wolf in question ignored him, charging toward the interesting smell that had attracted his attention. Training a new wolf, Jonas decided, was a headache anyway you cut it. York dashed out of sight around a rocky crag, then yelped, apparently having found the interesting smell. A roar, a load smack, and the wolf came flying back into sight. The creature that backhanded York came around the corner too, a massive cave troll, twice the the size of an astartes, intent on the now comatose wolf.

"Oi, big ugly! Over here!" A rock sailed through the air and smacked the troll in the head. Its tiny brain registered the blow, and it turned. "Now, I don't know about you," said Jonas as he drew his axe and combat blade, "but I take it personal like when critters try to kill my friends, and York over there, young and stupid as he is, is one of mine. So, how about you pick a fight with me instead?" The uncomprehending troll merely roared in response, and was answered by two others out of sight. Jonas just grinned. "And here I thought I wasn't going to get a workout in today." - Jonas Stromclaw, Grey Hunter (B6)

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r35/Azn_MaveriK/Gauntlet/KodiakHunt-001.jpg

ICE-BEAR HUNT

ICE-BEAR

Kodiak404414393+

(...) - Vantius, Blood Claw (A5)

(...) - Brother Seraphion, Grey Hunter (F4)

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r35/Azn_MaveriK/Gauntlet/WulfenHunt-001.jpg

WULFEN HUNT

FENRIS STORM WEATHER UPDATE: N/A

WULFEN

The Wolf-Bitten/Failed Aspirant5054152+1103+

The fall into insanity is known all too well in the heart of the noble son of Sanguinius, many of his friends and battle-brothers collapsed into the abyss of the black rage. Fluttering in the icy wind, a cloak of deep midnight billows from the Night Angel's form as he rests his hand gently on his sword's scabbard. Although Zynk lacked the superior smell and instincts of the Sons of Russ, he more than compensated with his eagle eyed vigilance and quick mind. Patiently crouched on the high ground, Zynk's mind raced to solve the seemingly endless scenarios and possibilities in the fight to come before they came to fruition. - Zynk Kaladin, Grey Hunter (E3)

The recent campaigns had been tough, but no true Son of Russ could resist the Hunt. Gone for many years, Wolf Guard Kieran had barely stopped in the Fang in his desire to return to his true home. The cultists had been poor prey, lacking faith in the Emperor and skill at arms in equal amounts...they had been poor prey indeed. Not like the greenskins, who made up in savagery what they lacked in intelligence. Atleast battling them had tested his axe arm.

But his Hunt wasnt what he wanted. He had been told, discreetly, to keep an eye on the Chapter's Night Angel guest. A Night Angel, friend of the Wolves and found in the Fang of late, had been granted a singular honor in hunting on Fenris. Little did the Night Angel know that while this was a honor, it was also a test of his warrior skills. Fenris is no friend to fools.

As the Talon of Fenris entered the underground ruins, a new scent overwhelmed the perfume of the Night Angel...this scent blanketed the ruins, emerging from everywhere and nowhere. Grasping his weapons tightly, Kieran feels momentarily unsure if he is truely predator or prey here... - Wolf Lord Kieran, Grey Hunter (A2)

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r35/Azn_MaveriK/Gauntlet/Turn001.jpg

BLACKMANED WOLF HUNT

FENRIS STORM UPDATE: Brutal Winds: The winds buffet and pummel anyone caught in the open. Non-vehicle units moving in open ground must pass a Strength test or move as though in difficult terrain (One tile).

BLACKMANED WOLF

Fenrisian Wolf404414256+

After the last few weeks tracking the blackmane and hearing Hrothgar snore, which sounds kind of like a cave troll, from across the valley I am happy to have finally started to narrow down where the den was. I slowly turned my head from looking down at the tracks in the snow to catch a glimpse of dark fur and the clatter of rocks. Maybe I am closer than I thought! - Brother Crazywolf, Blood Claw. (C4)

Donning and removing armor had been a ritual since it was invented and for Loki nothing had changed. The careful attention to the details, the precise movements the moments of stillness and above all the careful rhythm in the timing. Losing himself in the meditation of the act prepared him for what was coming..... the hunt. It had been far too long since he had hunted on his own, since before becoming Astartes, becoming the Wolf. Now he had been given the chance to hunt on his own, a chance he had relished. He spoke with some of the other older wiser members of the company and the advice had ranged from taking no chances to those who were spoken of with awe and reverence who hunted as they had when they were facing the final trial...for some the tone had been of derision, those who hadn't returned.

Loki finished the ritual and stood in the stone grotto allotted to his pack in nothing. He padded over to his bunk and opened the chest at the base slowly carefully removing a tattered synth-cloth singlet of grey. He sadly realized that that had been his last act as a man, now this would only be a reminder of who he had been. Carefully folding it back up and placing the relic at the bottom of his kit he looked at the leather suit that he had been working on.... the dark chocolate color from the seal fat he had used, the decorations not yet finished, and while this bothered him he realized that was fine. His suit could be a reflection of himself...not quite finished yet. The decorations could not say anything more about himself because he didn't have anything else to say yet. He quickly donned the garment and started out thinking of taking nothing with him but what the Wolf Priests and time had given. As he exited the chamber he found a spear leaning against the door, a spear that he had never used but remembered the tales that went with it. When he had spoken to Warhorse, the veteran had told him he needed more seasoning before hunting Russ' way. Loki remembered how he had taken on a stern expression and told him that he would not hunt any other way. Breathing deeply to soak in the scents that were often overlooked, Loki knew he would either take the spear or not hunt this day....

"Thanks" Loki whispered on a barely inhaled breath as he padded down the hall to the main exit to the Highlands of Asaheim.

"Hunt well pup" Warhorse whispered just as quietly to Loki's retreating back. "Guess I won't get that training session in with him at this moment after all. Hmph"

Loki was confused at first, his memories of the trial were.....incoherent, confusing, and his new abilities only made things worse. How fast he was traveling, how clear the scents were, the brightness of the distant sun. He ran all day and most of the night resting switching his consciousness so that way he could never be ambushed. He found small game on the way which made small meals and the fresh water soothed his throat. Four long days he ran until he came to the clearing he remembered waking in after the feast. The trip back from the fang had taken him 2 weeks, but he had been traveling slowly cautiously, his trip back to this place he realized had been a reckless rush. The weather hadn't been terrible and he had not crossed anything's path that could have eaten him....but then again he hadn't really been paying attention this time, he had been focused on his memories, not the surroundings.

All of his muscles slowly tensed as he examined his surroundings, while some of his pack mates had the sense of smell the wolves were keen for, Loki at best could say that he wasn't completely blind with his nose. His eyes were an altogether different story. While his brothers had taken on more wolfish characteristics, his eyes had become those of eagles. When he had asked and shown the priests, they chuckled and called him Wolfhound which he didn't understand. As he peered into the shadows the wind picked up and shifted the air. The scent hit him as he found the first track. Wild, musky a natural scent telling the others in the area WE ARE HERE! The 4 toes and soft pads were six inches across.... Loki had returned to the real wolves. - Loki-LaughingDeath, Blood Claw. (E6)

'Take the middle high ground!' thought Hrothgar Firefist, Rune Priest of the Vlka Fenryka. He had been hunting the Blackmane across the tundra for many weeks, along with two Blood Claws. Now, the end of his journey was finally i in sight. The two Blood Claws were also possessed of great skill, however, and he saw them following the tracks up to the lair of the mighty wolf, seemingly ready to charge straight in. Recalling his days in the Wolf Scouts, he crept onto the perch, awaiting his prey. As the cool winter breeze grasped his unveiled face, he settled into his pure state, shifting from the bar brawling Space Wolf to the patient hunter. 'Hm. I may be settling too much into the Tau mindset. Ah, well. A few drinks and a good Blood Claw beating should cure that,' mused Hrothgar. Just then, the Blackmane itself appeared in the edge of his vision. He attempted to maintain total silence, and crept closer to his prey. 'I've got you now,' he whispered, and made ready to leap on the wolf and take it down, thus fulfilling his oath of the hunt. - Chapter Master Ignis Domus, Grey Hunter. (C7)

--EDIT--

INSTRUCTIONS GO!!! Movement, Shooting, Close Combat.

while 3 Wulfen change things, my position and the wind make my move seem clear to me...

i plan to launch myself at the Wulfen in C1, get in CC as fast as possible. (the Wulfen already has the I advantage, so bumping him from a 5 to 6 doesnt bother me much)

@Zynk If you want to try and clamp the Wulfen from behind, we can try and knock one out fast. coming from behind you should have an advantage against it as it should be focused on me.

WLK

@Zynk If you want to try and clamp the Wulfen from behind, we can try and knock one out fast. coming from behind you should have an advantage against it as it should be focused on me.

I agree.

I shall leap diagonally from my lofty position unto the Wulfen at C1. Hopefully we can give the Emperor's mercy quickly so we can plan our next moves.

May Russ and Sanguinius watch over us this day.

I'll go and fight the one at F5,i'll throw as much as i can while on my way

I'm on that one with you. Wind in our faces to cover our scent. Looks like I'll get the first charge on it ^_^

I'll go and fight the one at F5,i'll throw as much as i can while on my way

is that your final answer?

I take the on the ugly git at D4 bolt pistol blazing all the way. chainsword at the ready to slice and dice.

So who's for Sushi

I think you mistake these Inglorious threads young pup. The only weapons we use are our wits, our fist, fangs, elbows, our boots, etc. etc. primitive weapons only while running the gauntlet. Wouldn't be much of a challenge if your using ranged weapons with bullets that explode upon contact. Not to mention loud enough to wake the dead and scare the beast your hunting.

Brother Russ looking around, his mentor and brother in arms Greybeard Horst projecting a great shadow across the land, on the ice flow a few metres to his right the rest of his makeshift pack the "Mighty Alliance" the young, battle-hungry Khine being held back by the ever-present sturdiness of Brother Eyeslikethunder (his melta purring like the frostwolf's growl on the wind) and Old Dragan his axe hanging loosely at his side, plasma pistol held at the ready... thinking to himself... "we truly are the mightiest pack in Fenris, we shall take the world beast's spawn to pieces and return with triumph and our lost brother... we SHALL bring our prize home!"

Onwards Brothers, we are all sons of RUSS and children of Fenris! FENRIS HJOLDA!

This is the only beast that needs to be hunted as a pack! like true wolves we hunt together. Alone against a kraken, will bring doom and a visit from the fleshmakers. The foolish Greenhorn rushes towards the pray, failing to see the other kraken closest to him! I'm too far to warn the hot-headed fool so I will just have to do my best to distract the kraken before it gets in the way of my pack-mate.

(Moving towards, while shooting at and attacking close combat at the kraken on D4) my the dice gods favor a daughter of Fenris.

Archived