The Gauntlet of Fenris

MaveriK

Guess it was missed that I'm going for the same Kraken as Arez.

no I didn't miss it, nor did Mav. He just had a huge laugh at it as the kraken at D4 closest to Arez, goes unnoticed. Greenhorn's instructions say to attack at a different kraken on F5. Therefore D4 kraken will be able to t-bone or attack at the Greenhorn first. But hopefully I can make it there on time to distract said D4 kraken.

no I didn't miss it, nor did Mav. He just had a huge laugh at it as the kraken at D4 closest to Arez, goes unnoticed. Greenhorn's instructions say to attack at a different kraken on F5. Therefore D4 kraken will be able to t-bone or attack at the Greenhorn first. But hopefully I can make it there on time to distract said D4 kraken.

Haha exactly, once you post your instructions they are pretty much set in stone. So look over the map, read over the rules, and check/read-over everyone's post before you decide to post your own instructions. Then my job is to try and kill all of you!

4) Users are allowed to move two tiles in any direction, and assault on their third. Close combat weapons are temporary and are destroyed or left behind as your character moves onto the next tile. You can throw weapons, which counts as your shooting.

Remember and utilize the movements. Check the weather and wind as they affect the entire map, and your movements. Remember your only allowed to use the two tiles in any direction to move, and assault on your third. You move your character, shoot (optional) and close combat. I move the beast and try to kill yah.

i will charge at the one at d4 smelling the stench of a kraken emerging from the sea and realizing that it is focusing on good old greenhorn mumbles to him self i cant let greenhorn get blind sided seeings how he seems to be not paying attention.

i will charge at the one at d4 smelling the stench of a kraken emerging from the sea and realizing that it is focusing on good old greenhorn mumbles to him self i cant let greenhorn get blind sided seeings how he seems to be not paying attention.

hahahaha not only do we have to watch his back during a campaign for the Old Wolf, but we also have to save his ass during a hunt :) :P

I'll go and fight the one at F5,i'll throw as much as i can while on my way

is that your final answer?

Yes it is

This is the only beast that needs to be hunted as a pack! like true wolves we hunt together. Alone against a kraken, will bring doom and a visit from the fleshmakers. The foolish Greenhorn rushes towards the pray, failing to see the other kraken closest to him! I'm too far to warn the hot-headed fool so I will just have to do my best to distract the kraken before it gets in the way of my pack-mate.

(Moving towards, while shooting at and attacking close combat at the kraken on D4) my the dice gods favor a daughter of Fenris.

Well most of the pack deployed beside that kraken so i left it

I noticed it,i just didnt bother with it

That is why i left it alone

hahahaha not only do we have to watch his back during a campaign for the Old Wolf, but we also have to save his ass during a hunt :cuss :P

Do not,i know what im doing

Ok since my pack is thinking im not paying attention i'll explain what i was thinking:

If i were to charge the one at the top it would get the advantage so i wont charge it atm,the middle one is near most of the pack so they can handle it,if we take out the middle and bottom we can all charge the top one and the bonus it gets will be useless.

This might be a stupid question but for charging do you have to be in the same tile as the beasts or do you attack from the adjacent tile? Cause it sounds like only a max of two warriors can be fighting a beast at once.

This might be a stupid question but for charging do you have to be in the same tile as the beasts or do you attack from the adjacent tile? Cause it sounds like only a max of two warriors can be fighting a beast at once.

As it says on the rules. Same base unfortunately. It's more of a balance issue as this isn't like the Inglorious Drunkards thread, we're your in a tavern brawl. Here you're in a hunt against a beast.

This turn is a move and think kind of turn, moving to c-8 with the hopes of being able to spot the prey that is oh so close and make a wicked dive from the cliff top down onto the most unsuspecting prey. May Russ favor me with his skills. If it fits within the rules I would like to move to C-8 and then assault the foolish elk below with said crazed dive.

The smell of the elk thick in his nostrils he grits his teeth against the bitter cold storm and tries to see anything even vaguely close to his pray. It would seem that Russ would have this be a true hunt of skill. He checks his equipment while he has a moment as he moves east trying to find himself a better vantage. Shooting in this wind would be damn near impossible so he flips the activation switch on and then back off making sure his chainsword would work right upon command. While trained in the beautiful art of killing, the hunt was a much different beast, but like during war if your weapon failed you during the hunt in might be the last mistake you make.. His first thought was to perch upon the rocks up here and find his prey with his excellent vision and smell. With the storm pushing so violently across this cliff side he decides to rethink his actions. Maybe it was time to get somewhere lower to find the cover that the elk would be seeking. He was determined to taste blood this day, the wolf still young inside of him demanded it. As he moves closer to the edge he sense his prey is close but with the storm it is impossible to sight it. So he takes a knee and prays to Russ and the All father to give him the sight he needs to track his prey. After a quick prayer he makes the mental judgment necessary for what his mind tells him. He takes two steps back and puts all his newly imbued strength into his legs and dives off the side of the cliff activating the run for his chainsword mid jump.

Question: Are we allowed to have spears or any other close combat weapons? or is this similar to the brawls where you throw whatever you can find?

I am moving to B3 to see just how good my ranged skill really is...I'll be hurling stones at the Kodiak in D4.

Dragan focused as he catches the scent of the beasts. The young Kraken prowled the land in search of a dinner and he had no intention of being their lunch!

He quickly talked with his packmates using their battle slang and readied his bolter as they moved toward the northwestern beast.

Around him the pack moved in concert like a finely tuned battle unit. For their first hunt together they were exceptionally attuned. It was the kind of kinship that makes him proud of being a "space wolf".

[i move to B4 and fired at the A1 beast :D ]

I'll be moving on the flailing beasty at E1 (move to D5 and when in range throw spear at baby-kraken "Beaky" situated at E1).

Youngling Russ lifted his helmless head high, the shaggy green mane swirling in the icy winds... nose to the south he could just scent the beast as it prowled the icy depths of lake Sovngarde... (get this you win a cookie + ale) ...onwards he lurched, axe held in hand, spears wrapped in a tight bundle across his back, the ever present shadow of his Greybeard mentor in the distance, slowly fading as another young whelp of Fenris dares Fate to show it's hand and smite him, or accept his creating a new saga under the vigilant moons and keen wolf's howl...

"Onwards my brothers and sisters, for we are children of RUSS and this day the beasts SHALL KNOW FEAR!!!"

I have titled our 3 baby-kraken (on The Mighty Alliance hunt) thusly - A1 = Hjaafinger, E1 = Beaky and F9 = Mal-Ghaz (if that's okay with messrs MaveriK & Co.)

Something flashed from the surface of the ice off to his right for only the briefest of moments, but it was enough for the young son of Russ. His gaze snapped in the direction of the source, as it became clear what he had seen. Could it really be that they were in the hunting grounds of the legendary Krakken? A feral grin began to grow across his face, his muscles tensed as they were filled with combat stimuli and his focus was set. The rest of the pack were planning how best to hunt the mighty beast and he had not paid much attention to their words, that was until he heard a certain phrase from the one known as Warhorse. It appeared there were still two more of the beasts further south and what was more he had inadvertently thrown his lot in to keep watch while the others had their fun with the solo fel-horror. Cursing under his breath, he chided himself for getting into a situation like this and made a mental note to correct the failing. Once the plan had been decided on, they each clasped one another in the warriors grasp; all except young Russ brother. It appeared that Khine was not the only one that had not heard the entire conversation and he watched as the other bloodied claw moved towards the south. This was good, this gave him a chance to face the great beast first. Slowly he removed each of the axes from the belt at his waist and clasped the hilts tightly. He began to stalk forward, his focus set firmly on the shadow that moved to the north and a low keening sound began to reverberate in his throat. He did not get far as a thick hand grasped his shoulder and a single phrase halted him in his tracks. "Be patient young one.."

I will head towards B4, throw an axe at the A1 beast then i will stand firm.

-glares at Russ brother- ...

Not that he had ever been considered swift, the years had not slowed Horst down [he would still get even with Jonas someday for saying they needed a sundial to time his runs]he moved to close the flank between him and his hunting mates. Balancing the quickly made spear, watched, waiting for the opportunity to aim his throw accurately. Too late, he caught himself as he heard Khine's laugh "Caught you smiling Warhorse...."

Going to B5

Both very valid questions that need to be addressed to everyone involved.

how many squares can throw our spears?

Blood Claw: 3 tiles away in any direction.

Grey Hunter: 4 tiles away in any direction.

Question: Are we allowed to have spears or any other close combat weapons? or is this similar to the brawls where you throw whatever you can find?

spears, an axe, a club, your fist, your fangs, rocks. Pretty much anything that dates back during the middle ages.

As he saw his prey he banished thoughts of which sauce to use later....

He stalked up with his pack knowing that co-ordinated action would bring these beasts down. We felt the wolf rising up as danger and battle neared. Pulling out one his mighty battleaxes he aimed for the eyes and prayed to russ to guide his strike true.

Ok since my pack is thinking im not paying attention i'll explain what i was thinking:

If i were to charge the one at the top it would get the advantage so i wont charge it atm,the middle one is near most of the pack so they can handle it,if we take out the middle and bottom we can all charge the top one and the bonus it gets will be useless.

Surely the wind bonus wont matter kraken has I6 and you have I4 the wind which gives +1 I will have little effect unless there is something I have missed in the rules....

@Warhorse I presume your shooting now its been comfirmed your in range

Archived