+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

Captain Semper

I was on the fence about this one for a couple of reasons. Then I realized that it's only two models, and I'll be able to paint them fairly quickly, because they're blue and black. If I had to paint any more green or bone I think I'd go crazy before I finished it.

I'm not too worried about time constraints, because I've painted more models in less time--The command squad that was part of my first vow was turned out in two days, and the second day was mostly the sacred standard.

--BoR

Vow completion, glory to the First. Ravenwing squad completed for 320 points to the cause! Link to farfromsam's ETL

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh501/farfromsam7/IMAG0317.jpg

Master Ciaphas- That is a great looking Speeder, particularly enjoy the targeting system for the driver. Also, having recently finished a drop pod myself, congrats on completing such detailed highlighting. The effect was worth the effort if you ask me. Can't wait to see you take on Sammael. Your attention to detail will surely do him justice.

Only a few weeks left! Let's bring it home for the angels! I will be watching our progress closely!

Single model vows will not win this contest for the DA

But, they are good for ratcheting up our completion percentage.

I'm a helper! ;)

Anyhow... vow #2

COMPLETE!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/SolarinStudio/Warhammer%2040k/Space%20Marines/Dark%20Angels/Belialstand-in.jpg

I have some scouts sitting and ready to be my next vow... But I don't know if I will be able to finish on time...

I cannot predict real life...

Respectfully,

--Unforgiven

Collosal momentum is building up! Congratulations guys - some top notch work there! ;)

@ Unforgiven: If in doubt stay put! :) Really it'll be awesome if you manage to complete another squad! But be conservative. If you're confident by all means go for it! If not, play safe.

This is fantastic! Right now we are cementing our second position and aiming for first! Still, we are a good 5k pts behind the Templars but we certainly have the momentum! Let's see this maintained! The First Legion rises to the Challenge! :rolleyes:

Thing is the BTs are putting up a fight - they just surpassed the 20k mark and are again 6k pts ahead of us. So now is the time for the really big vows to start showing up! C'mon guys we can do this - let's keep this momentum going!

I'm so sad I found this thread like two weeks after the vow date ended, because 40k ends up being my summer hobby when I'm home and it'd have been great motivation. Keep up the fantastic work though, brothers!

Vow COMPLETE!!!!!!

Linky HERE

gallery_48988_7152_416482.jpg

Thats another 1865pts for the Dark Angels.

Also,

“I Grotsmasha, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete:

1x Company Master with Twin Lightning Claws and Melta-Bombs

gallery_48988_6300_107153.jpg

from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 135pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to Unforgiven Legion and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

Cheers,

Jono

My Second WIP

Bikes of the Vowed RW Attack Squadron. You'll notice I've an extra Squad in here. Oh well, I guess I'll have to add them to my Vow.

Three Land Speeders are off camera waiting Finished Assembly.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/pueriexdeus/006-1.jpg

Bikes for the Command Squadron, with a couple someone's extra. Chappi & Libby.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/pueriexdeus/009.jpg

Additional Vow will include one additional RW Attack Squadron, SGT PW,MB's w/ AB, MM & Speeder AssCannon/HB 410 Points

Chaplin on Bike, standard load 150 Points

Libby on Bike, W/Force Wpn 150 points

Land Speeder Typhoon 75 points

Total additional points 785

On a side note I'm still on the road and away from home. Its a military thing. So I haven't access to all my modeling kit, and bitz. I hope to be home by the 5th of Aug. Then I'll finish up the units. With the new PW rules I may be altering the PF's on the original Vow

@ Grotsmasha: Fantastic job there - you certainl;y added a much needed bunch of points to effort - but more importantly you helped maintain the momentum! This is great work you've done there Grotsmasha - love the MkIII! These guys are prime candidates for my Chaplain's command squad! Now good luck with your Masters series - this is going to interesting! Do you consider breaking them up into several Unforgiven Chapters? Could be a good opportunity to test out some painting patterns...

@ pueriexdeus: OMG look at all these bikes! :P Looks very promising Pueriexdeus! Keep it up! Just to clarify a few things regarding you current and future vows: You cannot start on the new vow before the old one is declared complete i.e. you cannot work on two vows simultaenously. Once you've declared the first vow complete then I can accept your second vow and you can finish that too! I have the feeling that you already know what I'm talking about (since you are saying that your additional vow will include...) but just thought to cover all eventualities and clarify... Good luck mate!

Hail Captain Semper!

@ Master Ciaphas: These look great! I especially like the Drop Pod - imposing piece! I hope you have the before pics too! ;)

Yes, indeed I do! I have posted the pictures in my WIP thread in the WIP Board. I will post the before pictures again, when I make a complete submission. I am now almost (90%) done with the rhino - all I need to do is to complete the tracks, the pintle-mounted bolter and then to apply the decals. So far, I am well pleased with the look. Then all I need to do is Master Sammael on his Harley...

Best regards,

Master Ciaphas

Did I forget to mention I'll be doing my next couple of vows flat-out?

Vow 2 Complete!!!

So this guy was painted with the Silver Skulls Captain Daerys Arrun in mind, from The Gildar Rift novel by Sarah Cawkwell.

EDIT

gallery_48988_6300_265078.jpg

Due to a P.M. suggesting my Vow completions could be challenged should I continue to not paint the back-banners, I have decided I shall paint the banners...all of them...image updated.

END EDIT

On that note, my official 3rd vow,

1x Company Master with Thunder Hammer and Melta-Bombs

gallery_48988_6300_553148.jpg

from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 135pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to Unforgiven Legion and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

This guy'll be a Disiple of Caliban I think...look for him to be done, 2-3 days tops...

Cheers,

Jono

E TENEBRAE LUX – 11th WEEK UPDATE

Week 11 is over. This has been the most productive week so far (and by far) with total completions at almost 18k pts! Total completion rate increased to 42.5% vs. 35.6% last week and total completions reached 94k pts! Predictably the new vows stood at 6k which means that risk appetite is diminishing as the ETL approaches its conclusion. The total pledged points reached the 220k level!

I would like to draw everybody’s attention to WLKs 4k pts completion – the largest single vow in the ETL! And on top of that he re-vowed for another 1k+ pts! Way to go WLK – well done!

Only two weeks remaining until the conclusion. There will be another update on August 7th but I will not make an update on August 14th as it will be only one day before the end of the event. I will strive to give you guys the final results as soon as possible after the 15th but, just to play it safe, I would like to set a self-imposed deadline on Sunday August 19th. It will probably be sooner.

Now a few points I’d like to make:

- On August 15th @ 22:00 GMT is the official end of the ETL. Please, PLEASE do not let things run to the last minute if possible. Missing the deadline for a minute will be a big let down and could leave a bitter taste to the participant in question – which will be a pity. Make no mistake I will enforce a strict deadline on the event. Completions reported at 22:01 GMT WILL NOT COUNT. In case of doubt the clock that matters is the B&C clock set to GMT time.
- The concluding report that will follow the completion of the ETL will have a lot of data and statistics for the event in total and per forum. It will also have detailed lists of all the participants, the completed vows and points completed per participant! I also am willing to give out other information that might be requested on a case by case basis. One of the major aims of the ETL was transparency, and I intend to serve this aim to the end!
- In case you fail to fulfill a vow, even if it is your last in a series of successful completions, you should wear the Badge of Shame until year-end (or more if you feel the penitence period should be extended). So behold the Badge of Shame:

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/ETL_02_Oathbreaker.jpg

So if you feel you can do without this banner in your signature, get cracking! If on the other hand you are sure you won’t make it, be my guest and put it on right away…

- Now I can also reveal some details regarding the banners for the victors. These are the banners to be worn by those that completed successfully ALL their vows. Why am I using plural for the “banners”? Because the banners will have an indication that will correspond to the number of completed vows for each participant! This would be subtle but clearly visible feature! I believe it will make for a great account of the ETL and people will wear it with pride!
- Also the winning faction will be getting an “add-on” banner commemorating their victory that will be designed to be placed next to the victory banner with no space between them so it will look as one. So the participants of the winning forum will retain their “victory” banner along with the vow-count feature (like everybody else) but will also get another banner to commemorate their dominance in the ETL!
- Lastly, you may have noticed the new banner in my signature. This is my personal banner in relation to the ETL – It has nothing to do with the Winning or the Champion banners – so don’t get any ideas! :)

So here’s how things look at the end of Week 11 in more detail:

E TENEBRAE LUX – 11TH WEEK UPDATE
Black Templars 113 45,254 400 22,984 51%
Blood Angels 65 31,953 492 9,861 31%
Dark Angels 91 43,877 482 16,365 37%
Codex Space Marines 58 34,082 588 10,935 32%
Space Wolves 50 33,917 678 15,459 46%
Chaos 57 24,504 430 13,941 57%
Ordos Inquisition 22 6,196 282 4,548 73%
Total 456 219,783 482 94,093 43%
Index Astartes 31 16,695 539 8,355 50%
Liber Astartes 15 9,818 655 1,695 17%
Ultramarines 12 7,569 631 885 12%

Comments:

The Dark Angels are getting their actr together and have managed to complete the most points compared to any other forum this week. This momentum that started building up since the previous week certainly delivers results as completion rate jumped to 37% from 25% the previous week. However, as the opposition was not idle either, the average completion rate of the ETL also increased leaving the DAs again to below average levels. That also can be interpreted that the DAs could more easily repeat this week’s performance compared to other forums that are gradually reaching their limits. The key to the DAs plan for victory now is for the big tickets to weigh in. There are a few mega-vows that are running for 11 weeks now – undoubtedly some of them are nearing completion. The momentum has been regained – all that’s left now is carry one and complete the vows!

The Wolves managed to get back in the game dynamically with a large number of completed points including the largest single vow in the ETL: WLK’s 4k Mega Vow. But he was not alone. After a sluggish Wek 10, the wolves are back in business having the second largest amount of completions this week. But now the situation is dire! Given the weight of the average vow the burden now falls on those 2nd and subsequent vows, the completions of which serve two purposes: 1) validating the previous precious completions (losing them would mean defeat) and 2) adding the new point-rich vows (that are necessary for victory). So the subsequent vows are especially important to the Wolves both as a shield to previous completions but also in their own right as they carry the weight necessary to win!

Blood Angels had a very timid week, adding a meagre 850 pts to their total. Things look grim for them as time is running out as they need not only to flood the ETL with completions but also to proceed to second and subsequent vows to raise their total points pledged and bring their required completion rate closer to a more normal 50% rather than the demanding 70%+ that is currently required. So remember: it’s not over until it’s over – keep delivering on your vows and everything is possible! For Sanguinius! For the Emperor!

Black Templars continue to deliver on their oaths in true BT style! Despite having a comfortable lead they added 4.7k pts maintaining their difference to the DAs at a sizeable 6.6k pts! And, being BTs, they pledged another 3.4k pts so most of the completions have been re-filled. Here I need to mention there are already two BTs in their 8th vow already (and there are bound to be others too) but be careful guys, the stakes are now very high! Just as a side note, 57% of all new vows (point-wise) in Week 11 were made by the BTs. Fanatics? Damn right!

Codex Forums are in three distinct speeds. First we have Index Astartes that are delivering 50% completion rates (above the ETL average) and contribute 76% of the total points of the Codex bloc. Alone they are threatening the BAs (!) and I believe they still have some aces up their sleeve! Then we have the Liber Astartes that they contribute 16% of the total points of the faction. With completion rate of 17% way below the average of the ETL they have the potential to really make the difference for the Codex bloc! In fact I believe this is the Codex best chance to leap forward and challenge the first positions! Then we have the Ultramarines. The lowest contribution to the Codex total of only 8% and total completions of less than 1k. Hmmm… here there must be some progress as we reach the deadline because although the Ums are not many, they have some hefty vows there… And with completion rate of only 12% there is only one way to go! Honor & Courage – you have the power to turn the tables and give the opposition a run for their money!

Chaos after some fantastic performance in Week 10 has slipped from second position to fourth as 1) their smaller numbers begin to show and 2) other forums have mobilized their resources gaining momentum. BUT Chaos still has a few rounds of heavy artillery in its arsenal and their position, although 4th, is not that distant from the rest of the forums in terms of points. Chaos is determined enough to see this through – they have proven it already with a completion rate approaching 60% - by far the highest (excluding the Ordos)!!!

Ordos Inquisition had a second week in a row with no completions to report. Frankly with a completion rate in the 70s it looks as they have won the Dedication to the Emperor award … I woul urge the three participants that have 2nd and third vows unfinished to make the effort to complete them in time – just by tying the loose ends your completion rate will jump to the 80s!!!

Until the next and last weekly update, farewell and good luck to all!

Hail frateris!

Good to see that we are making progress - and so am I with my own vow, fortunately!

Here is the rhino I have pledged...leaving only Master Sammael!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Master_Ciaphas/WhatPriceVictoryII024.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Master_Ciaphas/WhatPriceVictoryII025.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Master_Ciaphas/WhatPriceVictoryII026.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Master_Ciaphas/WhatPriceVictoryII028.jpg

(And to sate Captain Semper's thirst for the before pictures:

Rhino:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Master_Ciaphas/ETenebraeLuxvow004.jpg

Sammael:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Master_Ciaphas/ETenebraeLuxvow003.jpg

Drop pod:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Master_Ciaphas/ETenebraeLuxvow002.jpg

Ravenwing Land Speeder Typhoon-class

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Master_Ciaphas/ETenebraeLuxvow005.jpg

:-) )

Best,

Master Ciaphas

Vow 3 Complete!!!!

gallery_48988_6300_1063483.jpg

On that note, my official 4th vow,

1x Company Master with Power Weapon and Melta-Bombs @ 120pts

1x Company Master with Lightning Claw, Plasma Pistol and Melta-Bombs @ 145pts

gallery_48988_7152_483087.jpg

gallery_48988_6300_347179.jpg

from Codex: Dark Angels of total value 265pts on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to Unforgiven Legion and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

These guys'll both be Guardians of the Covenant...look for them to be done, 3-4 days tops...

Cheers,

Jono

Quite impressive Grotsmasha! Are you sure you don't wnat to have a go with the Disciples as in a full project? The effect of the robe is very well made! Congrats!

So the tables are updated with your completion and the new vow! Keep 'em coming! :D

Those look cool BoR - I especially like your work on Zekes banner! Great homage to some classic, dare I say iconic, sculpts!

Now the truth is that the BTs are almost 10k pts ahead. More worryingly the SWs are only 250 pts behind us (they were ahead of us this morning). So I beleive it's about time some for the large caliber guns to weigh in! We still have a large array of super vows that have yet to report. Now is the time guys - a few thousand points worth of completions will come in handy :P

Good luck to all!

Tables updated!

Archived