x5 WG- TDA WC/WC x1 w/AC/PF, x8 WG- TDA TH/SS x1 w/AC/WC

x1 LW- TDA CF/SS

x1 LRR

x6 LF, 5 ML, Squad Leader w/PF

x6 Lf, 5 LC

x6 LF, 5 ML

x1 RB w/HB, SB

x10 Swiftclaw bikers, 1 w/PF

This vow will be completed in support of Brother Forte, and pictures will be posted with the help of WLK. It totals 2055.

I will be amending this vow by adding the following:

Contemptor w/extra CCW, CML

Njial Stormcaller-TDA

Wolf Priest

Rune Priest-WTN

Iron Priest- WTN, x2 Thrall servitors

This totals to 1030pts, making my vow total 3085

Why? Because adding 8 more models mostly compromising of characters is the wolfy thing to do!

"I Rayray, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete:

x5 WG- TDA WC/WC x1 w/AC/PF, x8 WG- TDA TH/SS x1 w/AC/WC

x1 LW- TDA CF/SS

x1 LRR

x6 LF, 5 ML, Squad Leader w/PF

x6 Lf, 5 LC

x6 LF, 5 ML

x1 RB w/HB, SB

x10 Swiftclaw bikers, 1 w/PF

This vow will be completed in support of Brother Forte, and pictures will be posted with the help of WLK. It totals 2055.

I will be amending this vow by adding the following:

Contemptor w/extra CCW, CML

Njial Stormcaller-TDA

Wolf Priest

Rune Priest-WTN

Iron Priest- WTN, x2 Thrall servitors

This totals to 1030pts, making my vow total 3085

Why? Because adding 8 more models mostly compromising of characters is the wolfy thing to do!

I am so proud that I roped you into this...I may even elevate you to a Grey Hunter!

WLK

I wont hold my breath on that. At this rate, i'm apparently giving Lukas a run for his money on time spent as a BC

Trust me....your not :P

That's one huge vow your doing. Hats off at your speed v quality too. Amazing work.

OK Rayray, you are setting new standards to the definition of super-vow! Let's hope you make it and your Saga is assured! The Saga of the Maniac! :P

Keep in mind my dear K-9s that you are second right now in terms of vowed points but if one combines all the Space Marine Codex forums together (and one might ;)) then you are third...

Still not bad. 3rd position is fine. I mean, you did your best right? ;)

I should have some scouts arriving this week, so will actually have something to put in as a vow! (after finishing 3000pts worth of SW a week or so before ETL was announced....meh).

Will need to look through me bits to figure out exaclty how theyre gonna be equipped/points total.

aye ray that's a true beast of a vow haha - but I have faith brother ;)

I've finally got pics of my fellows up and with put a couple into hendrik's thread :lol: - also will have my dread finished soon so will push on with my wolf guard and should have them done in a week or two :lol:

@Ray: I'll add more to my vow when i get home from work today. If your going crazy I wont let you go alone!

@The Wolves of the Fang: Nearly 32% of our pledged vow comes from either myself or my whelp, Ray (sorry, had to). (And this is based on the latest chart provided by the good Captain).

This shows that either the 2 of us are super crazy awesome, or that we are just crazy awesome and the rest of you arent pulling your weight. I thank my brothers that have contributed to the vow, regardless of size. BUT WE NEED MORE.

We need the lurkers to come into the light and raise their paint brushes. We can do this. If just 5 of you join in painting Logan, thats another 1375pts. think of it, just 5 models netting in that many points. That is simple.

I am not asking that you pledge multiple thousands of points, just that you pledge something. Think of what Russ would expect of you. Think of what the Wolf in everyone of us expects of you. Would you allow an alpha male to come into your kingdom and challange you? Because thats what just happened. The challange has been laid down. Its now up to each and every one of us to answer in a defiant howl.

For Russ and the All-Father.

Wolf Lord Kieran

Without aid, how can we show the dress wearers that THIS IS FENRIS!!! Frankly, with so many great painters about the fang, it is a shame that there haven't been more vows.

QUICK RULES QUESTION: I have several thunder wolf models that i've had long before GW came out with theirs. As long as i paint them myselves are they eligible to enter or do i need official GW models?

(the wolf model in question is from Hero-clix, the wolf of fenris from some Thor line. while they come painted, i paint over them myself to break up the individual look and frankly, to fix some of the shoddy work they come with. i want to know if me stripping and painting them myself is legit)

WLK

from the way it reads WLK, stripping them and repainting them would be more than legit - I'll let Capt Semper answer about the legality being non-gw models, but I'm sure they'll be fine considering you're even allowed counts-as models; so I can't see why not especially as they will be mounted on big wolves :lol:

from the way it reads WLK, stripping them and repainting them would be more than legit - I'll let Capt Semper answer about the legality being non-gw models, but I'm sure they'll be fine considering you're even allowed counts-as models; so I can't see why not especially as they will be mounted on big wolves :lol:

i figured that, but wanted to make sure before i started work on something that didnt add to the GLORY OF THE FANG.

WLK

I am not asking that you pledge multiple thousands of points, just that you pledge something

WLK got it right. This is the very essence of this challenge. Getting people in, even with small vows, is essential as after June 15th no new entrants will be allowed. A small vow now buys you the option to raise the stakes later on, when completions will overtake vows in terms on importance. A small vow now is easy to complete but after a while one might decide to support his faction further when it becomes clearer what sort of points are required to come on top.

Listen to WLK Space Wolves, he's a wise one!

EDIT: Re: non-GW models - yes you can do it WLK - not familiar with the models but I'm sure common sense will prevail. Keep in mind that they have to be B&C compliant... This is above me. It's Administratum territory! :lol:

@Ray: I'll add more to my vow when i get home from work today. If your going crazy I wont let you go alone!

@The Wolves of the Fang: Nearly 32% of our pledged vow comes from either myself or my whelp, Ray (sorry, had to). (And this is based on the latest chart provided by the good Captain).

This shows that either the 2 of us are super crazy awesome, or that we are just crazy awesome and the rest of you arent pulling your weight. I thank my brothers that have contributed to the vow, regardless of size. BUT WE NEED MORE.

We need the lurkers to come into the light and raise their paint brushes. We can do this. If just 5 of you join in painting Logan, thats another 1375pts. think of it, just 5 models netting in that many points. That is simple.

I am not asking that you pledge multiple thousands of points, just that you pledge something. Think of what Russ would expect of you. Think of what the Wolf in everyone of us expects of you. Would you allow an alpha male to come into your kingdom and challange you? Because thats what just happened. The challange has been laid down. Its now up to each and every one of us to answer in a defiant howl.

Wolf Lord Kieran

I hear you brother. When I get a chance, I will be taking a look at what I have that needs to be painted, and what I feel I can accomplish. the last thing I want to do is pledge 3k and not be able to pull through and bring us down.

Wolf Lord Kieran

I hear you brother. When I get a chance, I will be taking a look at what I have that needs to be painted, and what I feel I can accomplish. the last thing I want to do is pledge 3k and not be able to pull through and bring us down.

makes sense. make a small vow now, and then add what you can when you can!

individually, we're isolated, can be over-whelmed. As a pack, we'll make the galaxy shake and turn rivers red with our howl!

WLK

Ok, can I just clarify something?

If I pledge a small amount now I can add more to it after the 15th of June, or do I have to pledge everything by then?

I'm asking since I'm moving house late june/early july so I'm not sure what time I'll have but I want to be able to contribute something (and then hopefully more later if I have time).

Apologies if I'm showing as much reading skill as a skirtwearer here ;)

D.

If I pledge a small amount now I can add more to it after the 15th of June, or do I have to pledge everything by then?

I'm asking since I'm moving house late june/early july so I'm not sure what time I'll have but I want to be able to contribute something (and then hopefully more later if I have time).

D.

Yes... Reading skills are not a prerequisite to enter the Fang :P Don't worry here's your answer:

You can place a vow at any point until June 15th. After that no dice. You're out. However, if you do place a vow before June 15th you are in. That means that you earn the right to make another vow after you complete your previous one and carry on doing so until the end of the Challenge on August 15th. But be careful: If you fail to complete a subsequent vow then all your previous ones are nullified. They count for nothing! So make sure before you make a new vow that you're confident that you'll finish it - or else all is for naught!

If you place your vow in advance of July 15th you can ammend it as many times as you like, adding or subtracting stuff as you see fit. You can even withdraw with no shadow on your honour (yeah, right ;)). This is happening a lot here -amending that is -not withdrawing! :lol: You can even make your second vow if you complete the first even before June 15th! This is happening a lot in the BT forum.

Hope they were not too many words there! :lol:

Seriously though if you need further clarification don't hesitate to ask either here or via PM.

Look fwd for your vow!

D.

Yes... Reading skills are not a prerequisite to enter the Fang :P Don't worry here's your answer:

You can place a vow at any point until June 15th. After that no dice. You're out. However, if you do place a vow before June 15th you are in. That means that you earn the right to make another vow after you complete your previous one and carry on doing so until the end of the Challenge on August 15th. But be careful: If you fail to complete a subsequent vow then all your previous ones are nullified. They count for nothing! So make sure before you make a new vow that you're confident that you'll finish it - or else all is for naught!

If you place your vow in advance of July 15th you can ammend it as many times as you like, adding or subtracting stuff as you see fit. You can even withdraw with no shadow on your honour (yeah, right ;)). This is happening a lot here -amending that is -not withdrawing! :lol: You can even make your second vow if you complete the first even before June 15th! This is happening a lot in the BT forum.

Hope they were not too many words there! :lol:

Seriously though if you need further clarification don't hesitate to ask either here or via PM.

Look fwd for your vow!

Thank you ;)

I'll have to have a look to work out what I can vow.

The one book I read seemed to have a picture of a chap in green armour with a dress on running away from a wolf, that's all the books we need surely? ;)

Cheers

I'm just starting up my fledgling SW force, and the ETL challenge seems like a great motivator to get me painting! So with that said here is my vow.

“I brother Rybnick answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete

1x Rune Priest w/ Chooser of the Slain

2x Wolf Guard each w/ Combi-Melta and Powerfist

2x Wolf Guard each w/ Combi-Plasma and Wolfclaw

8 man Grey Hunter Squad w/ Meltagun, wolf standard and Rhino

9 man Grey hunter Squad w/ Metlagun, wolf standard and Rhino

2x 5 man Grey Hunter Squad w/ Lascannon/TL PLasma Gun Razorback

Longfang squad w/ squad leader, 2x missile launcher and 2x heavy bolter

Longfang squad w/ squad leader, 2x missile launcher and 2x lascannon

10x Fenrisian Wolves

from Codex: Space Wolves of total value 1277 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Space Wolves chapter and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

With that my fate is sealed, now I HAVE to get off my duff and paint! I just this morning ordered my second salvo of plastic from Dicebucket.com (a battleforce 2x Rhino's and 2x Landspeeders) and the Razorback turrets from Chapter House Studios. If I can manage this half of the vow then the next portion will be the remainder of my 2000 point army.

I looked through the rules and couldn't find a rule stating X painting updates required (did I just miss this?) but I'll try and get some WiP pics up later this week, the base coating begins tonight!

I looked through the rules and couldn't find a rule stating X painting updates required (did I just miss this?) but I'll try and get some WiP pics up later this week, the base coating begins tonight!

Yeap, you missed it! It says only two pics required: one before and one after! Pretty simple no? However you're more than welcome to add as many pics as you like.

EDIT: First post Table updated! you're doing well Wolves, now only roughly 1k points behind the C:SM forums in terms of points pledged. However you're still significantly behind DAs, SMs and BAs in terms of vows and even slightly behind the Templars that are expiriencing what the BAs expirienced in week 2, i.e. a pause! :) So get your numbers up - you need contingency plans!

Archived