+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

Great Land Raider, Araziel! Love the wound-like effects and the tentacles.

Land Raider is finished!

And a fantastic LR it is! Congratulations Araziel - this is top notch stuff!!!!

So here goes my next vow;

I, Araziel, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one Blightdrone of Nurgle and one counts-as Necrosius from Imperial Armour seven, The Siege of Vraks for use with Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value of 285 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Pestilent Scourge, and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

(Just to clarify, I found my IA book - turns out I was wrong about the Blightdrone, it can be taken in a CSM army as long as said army contains at least one Plague Marine squad. I assume this is legal for the challenge?)

Just took a look myself - it clearly says Blight Drones can be used in a CSM army as a FA choice - so yes go ahead and vow for it! Good luck! Table updated with your completion and your new vow!

Thanks for the kind words, both.

Good to see that I can indeed enter with the Blight Drone!

I have insomnia, and so ended up not sleeping at all last night. I managed to get through Phylaxis, my counts-as Necrosius from IA7. Here he is finished;

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx43/Araziel__619/DSC_0002-2.jpg

I have painted the majority of the Blight Drone as well, but I'm not happy with how his skin came out so I'll be going back and re-painting that before submitting him. In the meantime, here's a WIP shot;

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx43/Araziel__619/DSC_0008-1.jpg

@ steve: Congratulations on compelting your vow - can't see the pics (am at work) but i'll reserve the pleasure for when I'm at home - in say 10 hours?. Before I update with your new vow, I'd like to make sure of the following:

- Chaos lords with marks: You have to make sure their allegiance is clear through your painting in order to claim the points. I know you probably know that already but I have to repeat it to avoid misunderstandings.

- Chaos Sorcerer: Tzeentch Wind of Chaos: I assume this is a psychic power? As I said I'm at work and therefore do not have access to the Codex. If so you need to remove it from the points total as there is a ruling about claiming points on things that can not be physically represented on the mini - Psychic powers (even if according to the rules are compulsory) have been excluded in a previous ruling in this thread. Same applies to the Black Templars' Emperor Champion Vows or the Space Wolves Sagas.

- The Caestus: My suggestion was for a "naked" LR (check my post above) as reasonable WYSIWYG should be observed. If you start adding upgrades you must make an effort to represent on the mini. Now a Caestus with a dozer blade.... not so sure it'll work. The attempt here is to find a formula for you to paint what you want (Caestus) while contributing to the Chaos cause - not to find a point-for-point equivalent. If you want to paint something that is not covered by the Codex you must be prepared to let some points go... :) It's the same ruling with the Brass Scorpion above that "counts-as" a Defiler...

So let me know if you make any adjustments to your vow and I'll update the table ASAP! :P

so there are 55 points lost from the psychic powers, and as far as the ram it is armed with frag greande launcher things so i guess that would be represented by dozer blades? its a shame to take such a points cut though. but i believe it would be allowed to have it count as possessed still, as it is a vehicle of chaos. there probabaly wont be any tentacly things hanging off of it as i dont think that suits iron warriors there will be hazrd stripes and chaos symbols though. im even thinking of putting a few spikes on there just to appease the stricter judges of this forum, even though i dont like spikes on mos tof my tanks. as far as the lords, i ususally paint their shoulder pads a dif color to represent their allegiance. if this is not enough i could paint a symbol for their god on them....but im really bad at freehand so id rather not. please let me know. so in total my points will reduce by 95 :(bringing my total to 1858. it will be done in less than two weeks or im a loyalist. well except for the ram, he is not underway with me atm.

@ Azariel: I really like your style! You manage to give the impression of decay using vivid colors - and you succeed! Congrats - you got some real talent there. So you are not declaring completion yet? They look pretty good to me... but you are the artist!

Do you really have insomnia?

@ steve shields:

so there are 55 points lost from the psychic powers, and as far as the ram it is armed with frag greande launcher things so i guess that would be represented by dozer blades? its a shame to take such a points cut though. but i believe it would be allowed to have it count as possessed still, as it is a vehicle of chaos. there probabaly wont be any tentacly things hanging off of it as i dont think that suits iron warriors there will be hazrd stripes and chaos symbols though.

All the above sound reasonable...

im even thinking of putting a few spikes on there just to appease the stricter judges of this forum, ...

I am appeased. :)

as far as the lords, i ususally paint their shoulder pads a dif color to represent their allegiance.

Good enough - as long as you go to some trouble to make allegiance clear you get the points. :blink:

so in total my points will reduce by 95 :(bringing my total to 1858. it will be done in less than two weeks or im a loyalist. well except for the ram, he is not underway with me atm.

OK 1,858 it is. Can you edit your vow with all the changes? Once you do that I'm updating the table on the spot! - good luck!

I, Steve Shields, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete

Abaddon

Typhus

Khârn

3 Termi lord

Khorne Pair of Claws

Nurgle Pair of claws

Slaneesh pair of claws

1 Sorceror Termi

Tzeentch Combi Melta

3 Chosen Terminator

Reaper Auto Cannon 2x Power Fist 1x Chain Fist 1x Combi Metla

Ceastus Assault Ram w/ frag launchers (counts as land raider with possession/dozer blade.)

6 Chosen Marines

4 Melta Guns

1 Lascannon

for use with Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value of 1858 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Iron Warriors, and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

@ HJL: This is a steady progress if there ever was one! Could it be your DA DNA? ;)

@ leinman: Congratulations on completing your vow - table updated! Despite the blurry pics I think you're onto something there... I really like Berzerkers that aren't red! :D Any plans for a refill?

@ steve shilelds: That's excellent steve! The table is updated with your second vow - check it out! Good luck!

@ Akylas: Nothing looks better than a well primed squad! :P Good lyuck - you got a good foundation there!

Just to say that Chaos is currently second in completed points and you guys seem to gain momentum. I dread to imagine what would happen should a new Codex comes our way! :P

got those three terminators done last night, but i forgot to add in my tzeentch icon to my vow, is it too late to add those points in there? i dont have the codex on me so i dont remember exactly how much it was, and i wouldnt be able to check until early july (in the navy out to sea). so i dont know if it can work. just trying to keep us ahead of those dang space wolves haha.

I leinmann answer the call of the Unforgiven (again) and vow to paint 1 chaos sorceror (TDA, combi-melta, MoT, personal icon, familiar), 10 chaos marines (ML, plasma gun, champion, plasma pistol and power fist, icon of chaos glory) and 6 chosen (heavy bolter, plasma gun, combi-bolter and 2 powerfists, champion and icon of chaos glory) for a total of points. completion will bring great success to Xanthan's Iron Crusade, and if i fail i shall bear the sign of damnation until year's end.

@captain semper thanks for the berzerkers. i wanted to try and do a renegade squad who had recently turned, sorta like sergeant constinatus from the codex, but from a different chapter obviously. sorry dude but blurry images coming up of starting new vow (honestly i will get a proper digital camera and take a full army shot when this vow is completed)

gallery_60879_7377_4825.jpg

gallery_60879_7377_7063.jpg

top pic shows my chosen before they get a respray. happy days ahead. things are starting to get interesting.

reason for edit: additional chosen not shown in pic and took off psychic powers form sorceror, updated points for it, sorry

I have painted the majority of the Blight Drone as well, but I'm not happy with how his skin came out so I'll be going back and re-painting that before submitting him. In the meantime, here's a WIP shot;

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx43/Araziel__619/DSC_0008-1.jpg

I really like what you've done here for a Blight Drone.

hey all just an update to my vow ,

more pictures of these and further updates untill the finish will be in my vauhl harrack thread for anyone interested .

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN7964.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN7965.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN7959.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN7967.jpg

and good luck to all who entered ,there is some good looking stuff on these pages as there always seems to be with chaos fans

@ deamonclaw: WOW!!!! This is an amazing pice of work - nay art!!! Please add a link to your WIP thread, I'd really lik to see more of your work! :D So is it just the heads of the Termies remaining?

I really like what you've done here for a Blight Drone.

Thanks man. It was really fun to build! I'm in the process of making a second, and may up with a third.

On to topic;

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx43/Araziel__619/Untitled.jpg

Blight Drone is complete. So, on to my third vow!

I, Araziel, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one Sorcerer with the Mark of Nurgle, Nurgle's Rot, and personal icon in addition to one squad of seven Plague Marine upgraded with one Aspiring Champion armed with a Powerfist, as well as two meltagun's and a personal icon from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 366 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Pestilent Scourge and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx43/Araziel__619/DSC_0005-3.jpg

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx43/Araziel__619/DSC_0006-4.jpg

That's great Azariel - excellent stuff!!! With your completion the completion rate for Chaos is 25% - the highest excluding the Ordos! In terms of actual completed points Chaos is currently ahead of the BAs, DAs and Codex and fairly close behing the BTs. So in short, Chaos is pretty much in the game!

Just a quick note: Nurgle's Rot - is it a psychic power? (Don't have the Codex handy). If so please adjust the total point value to exclude it as no points are recognised for psychic powers.

Cheers.

Here you go;

I, Araziel, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete one Sorcerer with the Mark of Nurgle and personal icon in addition to one squad of seven Plague Marine upgraded with one Aspiring Champion armed with a Powerfist, as well as two meltagun's and a personal icon from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 351 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Pestilent Scourge and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

(my bad, I must have skimmed over the rules regarding psychic powers as I never thought they'd apply to me)

Oh, and HJL - nice Terminators! Looking forward to seeing your Lord!

(my bad, I must have skimmed over the rules regarding psychic powers as I never thought they'd apply to me)

Not really your bad as there is no rule about psychic powers per se but rather my interpertation of WYSIWYG combined with the "no pain - no gain" motto - i.e. if you do not put any effort in it you should not get points for it. It's the same ruling about Emperor's Champion Vows or SWs Sagas, or special rules like "Furious Charge"... You might be able to model some of them somehow but a clean-cut and easy to follow ruling was preferable. So psychic powers are out even if you could model yours... which, judging from the quality of your work, you probably could actually :D

cheers guys

HJL@ the fire is copied from an old white dwarf article on the chaos lord on juggernought issue 362

Captain Semper@ the link is the one at the bottom of my sig also here

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...0&start=450

and termies need just bases ,heads and a little tidy up so nearly done

@daemonclaw cool minis man. definitely better than anything i could do for sure.

@captain semper am i right in thinking that all participants get a banner for their signature, with the winning forum members getting an even glitzier version. also, can you please add me to the 2nd vow table. really enjoying the challenge so far, i don't think i've painted an army up this quickly.

@everyone in the chaos forum really good minis so far guys. i enjoy seeing pics of different ways of painting, and i love the coolness oozing from the minis. :tu:

@captain semper am i right in thinking that all participants get a banner for their signature, with the winning forum members getting an even glitzier version.

EVERYBODY that finishes ALL his/her vows will get a banner of honour. The participants of the winning forum will get the ETL champions super-amazing banner on top of that. Miss one vow though and you get to wear the badge of shame EVEN if you have completed some vows AND even if your forum is declared Champion. There will be no pity upon those who fail the Emperor/Dark Gods. None at all, even if they have completed 4 vows and failed the 5th. Yes I'm that ruthless! :thanks:

also, can you please add me to the 2nd vow table. really enjoying the challenge so far, i don't think i've painted an army up this quickly.

You gotta give me a points total...

Glad you're enjoying this! Same here. :lol:

Archived