+++E Tenebrae Lux+++

So I vow to complete one tactical squad (all Mk5) with PF, ML and Meltagun with their assorted Deimos Rhino before August 15th!

Unfortunately, unlike Judge Dread, I cannot be judge and jury so this is an out-of-competition vow. That means i'm under the same pressure to finish it but I cannot add it to the DAs total... :)

You gotta give me a points total...

Glad you're enjoying this! Same here. ;)

oooppps my bad. 643 pts. i was meant to change that as i originally put in points for the psychic powers for my sorceror but then took them off as psychic powers don't count points wise, but must've forgotten. sorry geezer. i shall report to the reclusium for penance by sunrise :)

i imagine as a judge you must have a fair old amount of minis and vows to go through too. good work so far mate. also, does that vow we've seen mean that there is an inter-judge competition? would be interesting to see the results of that.

just one last thing matey, when is the next update with forum scores, and which day of the week do they come out? cheers mate

oooppps my bad. 643 pts. i was meant to change that as i originally put in points for the psychic powers for my sorceror but then took them off as psychic powers don't count points wise, but must've forgotten. sorry geezer. i shall report to the reclusium for penance by sunrise :D

Yes do your penance but in the mean time: Table updated! :P

i imagine as a judge you must have a fair old amount of minis and vows to go through too. good work so far mate.

Thx! This is a super-convoluted thing and the effort is to maintain correct data and have a decent presentation at the same time... The high participation (ca. 300) is very rewarding for me!

also, does that vow we've seen mean that there is an inter-judge competition? would be interesting to see the results of that.

Is there another judge? ;)

just one last thing matey, when is the next update with forum scores, and which day of the week do they come out? cheers mate

Updates are up on a weekly basis. The ETL started on a Tuesday so Tuesdays are nominally the days of the update. However it is alos possible to have it a day earlier (but not later) i.e. on Mondays depending on my real life obligations. This week it should be on a Tuesday.

Quick update from the land of the Dornian Heresy.

Well my vow is moving right along (

). Thus far I have both Space Wolf Lords and Dark Angels, sans what I put on the banner due to my indecision, complete. I will probably ask around my gaming group for a few ideas and see what comes up as I would like to integrate the Dark Angels iconography and Chaos Undivided seamlessly. Ragnar the Betrayer has gotten mostly painted up as well, although I have had an idea with his backpack that requires me to get some bits. I have completed the interior of the Imperial Fists Rhino and started the exterior so I am well on the way to finishing that. The plasma pistol sorcerer has his armor's yellow finished so I am doing well on him. The Raven Guard are also looking at completed armor as well so it is on to the details for them. That leaves pretty much the non-Dornian stuff, an Imperial Fists Sorcerer, and the Brass Scorpion to be started.

In summary I am on schedule and once I get a little more done and sneak off with a family member's digital camera for a few minutes, I will add to the blog. I do see a distraction in the form of the Forgeworld titan techpriest I never painted sitting on my to do shelf, however, but he will be quickie on the side and an injection of loyalist to my Summer of Chaos painting theme I seem to have going.

also, does that vow we've seen mean that there is an inter-judge competition? would be interesting to see the results of that.

Is there another judge? :thanks:

fair point fella. just i saw the name judge dread and supposed there was another judge. triple measures in the reclusium tonight me thinks :cuss must be from another competition altogether i take it.

Is there another judge? :thanks:

fair point fella. just i saw the name judge dread and supposed there was another judge. triple measures in the reclusium tonight me thinks :D must be from another competition altogether i take it.

What, not familiar with Judge Dredd? Really? :cuss

Try here ;)

What, not familiar with Judge Dredd? Really? :D

Try here ;)

oh man, now i feel stupid. the reclusium and librarium may have fun with me now :cuss yes, love the comics, hate the film. when i saw what you had put originally, i thought it was another member of this esteemed forum. now sighing away chuckling at my own silliness :thanks: tsk tsk leinmann, tsk tsk

Odsox and HJL both completed in the nick of time before the new weekly update is up! Congratulations guys - fantastic work there -as befits Chaos!

Any plans either of you to vow furhter?

gallery_25668_1009_51897.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h96/caerolion/photo.jpg

Great minis, guys! I'm glad that we followers of Chaos have upped the ante with our vows!

Captain Semper, is it possible for us to enter Daemons into the vow? I'm just thinking ahead with the ally rules, I may be getting some soon and wondered weather I'd be able to contribute them.

Captain Semper, is it possible for us to enter Daemons into the vow? I'm just thinking ahead with the ally rules, I may be getting some soon and wondered weather I'd be able to contribute them.

Yes you can! Chaos is one faction as far as the ETL is concerned and that includes Codex: Chaos Marines AND Codex Demons! It's right there in the core rules under "Important Stuff".

Look forward to see your (let me guess here :P) Nurgle Demons.

Any plans either of you to vow further?

It's tempting, I'll admit. I don't think I'm going to have time to complete a unit of 8 'zerkers or another Rhino before August, but I might throw another vow in for a Chaos Lord of some kind. Need to think it over.

Od.

Yes you can! Chaos is one faction as far as the ETL is concerned and that includes Codex: Chaos Marines AND Codex Demons! It's right there in the core rules under "Important Stuff".

Look forward to see your (let me guess here :P) Nurgle Demons.

You guess correct!

I'm hoping here.. is it OK to make zombies into "counts-as" Plague Bearers? It fits my armies fluff more if I can do that, not to mention cheaper on the wallet! I'll have to wait for your decision as judge before I order anything.

E TENEBRAE LUX – 6th WEEK UPDATE

So, six weeks have come and gone and the situation has changed and changed again. Right now E TENEBRAE LUX keeps adding to its total pledged points but also completions are rising steeply! This is full blown war!!! People should remember that this is not a static event i.e. you made your and all you have to do is complete it, but rather a dynamic event where the standings can change materially from week to week and the final outcome will depend on the ability of the teams to keep going until the last day.

So here’s how things look at the end of week 6:

E TENEBRAE LUX – 6TH WEEK UPDATE
Black Templars 74 32,226 435 7,468 23%
Blood Angels 51 26,977 529 3,600 13%
Dark Angels 71 38,747 546 4,910 13%
Codex Space Marines 51 31,652 621 2,747 9%
Space Wolves 42 28,604 681 6,393 22%
Chaos 43 16,956 394 4,751 28%
Ordos Inquisition 19 5,591 294 3,408 61%
Total 351 180,753 515 33,277 18%
Index Astartes 26 14,610 562 2,612 18%
Liber Astartes 14 9,663 690 135 1%
Ultramarines 11 7,379 671 0 0%

Comments:

The Dark Angels had a sluggish start. They are no longer leader in terms of vows and are significantly lagging in terms of completions. Right now they have a completion rate of 13% still lower than the average of the competition of 18% and significantly behind the leading forums. However they added the highest amount of points on a weekly basis showing a tendency for a comeback. Is there a new momentum building up? It’d better be… A few things the DAs still have going for them is a reasonably high average vow, and the highest total vows pledged. But rivals are not sitting idle, so the legendary single-mindedness of the Green marines must emerge.

The Wolves are fun! I never thought I’d say that but there you have it. At one point they seem lagging hopelessly behind – you’d think they are written-off – the next minute a super-vow gets completed and they lead the ETL! This is how the Wolves roll in this competition so they are the most unpredictable bunch. It’s possible next week they be last and the week after first again. Although some more reasonable sized vows are trying to regulate the pace, to me it seems they are like a giant that takes too long to make a step but one he makes it he’s very far ahead! Keep it up guys – if you can keep delivering you have as good a chance to win this as any!

Blood Angels deflated badly. They added the least amount of points this week compared to ALL other forums. This performance has left them in a difficult position because they do not have the pledged points that the DAs have (hence with a similar completion rates they are more than 1k points behind) nor do they have reliance on super-vows like the Wolves that could give them hope of closing the gap with a couple of completions. Guys there is no going around this – you have to get stuck in – start painting in earnest and put some serious completions behind you. To those that think “we still have time” the answer is: “so does the competition” and yet they have completed more than 20% of their pledges so far…

Black Templars play the game as it should be played and they rightfully lead the show! They have a perfect mix of low/high value vows and keep production steady. With 7.5k completions and the highest number of vows (exceeding the DAs) seem to be in top form. They are currently second in total points pledged but with an average vow significantly lower than the ETL average. That means that on average, vows are manageable, do not require huge amount of time to complete and do not intimidate. This strategy works if you keep pledging new vows which the BTs tirelessly do! Keep it up guys and there’s no stopping you!

Codex Forums are the worst performers in the ETL so far. If it wasn’t for one player’s super-mega-vow, the performance would have been beyond disappointing…. Thanks to Arizonajirt 2k+ completion the weekly additions resemble normality but the completion rate of only 9% speaks for itself. Get some completions done guys, and then start vowing again! I know it’s tough but the competition is ruthless at this stage and you run the risk of being left behind. There is immense potential here, don’t let it wither…

Chaos has surprised positively big time. With a completion rate of 28% (!) demonstrated the commitment of the Chaos team to be a force to be reckoned with! However the low average vow and the low total points pledged means that the significantly high completion rate translates to “only” 4.7k completed points. Which frankly is not bad at all. Chaos, being Chaos, is fairly unpredictable and who knows? Now that they tasted blood they might go for it all the way! Remember as long as you complete vows your chances are as good as any.

Ordos Inquisition are doing a magnificent job! At more than 60% completion rate they stand defiant in the face of the First Legion! Congratulations guys! Now can you achieve 100% completion rate on the first vow? That’ll be a feat to remember!

Until the next weekly update, farewell and good luck to all!

ALRIGHT!!!1!eleven.... erhem sorry about that. anyway my first super vow is done. now i warn you this thread is about to get VERY PICTURE HEAVY. it took a bit longer than i expected because it turns out painters tape will strip your forgeworld models down to bare resin so please no one try that. saying that my hazard stripes are not nearly as good as i normally like them. but its the world we live in. without further ramblings here it is in all its chaosy glroy. *all pictures except the ones on my display board were taken on board my ship, so i spologize for the quality of the photos.*

Termi Champs

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/487721_10151049761219467_700614477_n.jpg

Khorne Lord

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/391388_10151049761274467_1879519012_n.jpg

Slaanesh Lord

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s720x720/544481_10151049761324467_1090750988_n.jpg

Nurgle Lord

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/548738_10151049761409467_744777314_n.jpg

Tzeentch lord Typhus and Karn

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/399196_10151049761434467_801533121_n.jpg

Abaddon the chosen + everyone previosuly shown.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s720x720/252759_10151049761504467_916951611_n.jpg

assault ram

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/529623_10151049761574467_1820173730_n.jpg

the whole vow!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/575414_10151049761604467_115597652_n.jpg

everything ive painted for this competition

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s720x720/529605_10151049761649467_1940067877_n.jpg

next vow will be put in in about an hour, but first a game of league!!!

I, steve shields, answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete a boat load of chaosy goodness specified below for use with Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value of 2091 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Iron Warriors, and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end. now remember kids, go big or go home :lol:

10 chosen

3 plasma guns

2 melta guns (245)

8 chosen

slaanesh banner

3 power weapons

2 power fists (one of whom is the squads champion)

Sorceror

slaanesh (374)

Lord (warsmith)

combi melta

power sword (115)

Lord (warsmith)

combi melta

power sword (115)

7 Bezerkers

champion

power fist

personal icon

Sorceror

slaanesh (they tolerate him cause he brings the victims closer! 297)

5 havocs

4 lascannons (215)

Lord

wings

khorne

Demon Weapon (160)

5 raptors

2 flamers

khorne

champ

power weapon

plasma pistol (185)

Lord

wings

Demon Weapon

Nurgle (170)

5 raptors

2 melta

nurgle

champion

power weapon

plasma pistol (215)

and here be my pictures

shooty chosen

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s720x720/396775_10151049889574467_1059281993_n.jpg

stabby chosen + nurgle raptors

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/315417_10151049888724467_304752022_n.jpg

zerkers/sorc + one warsmith + khorne raptors

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/295442_10151049888749467_818017064_n.jpg

havocs

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s720x720/531551_10151049888789467_879816458_n.jpg

Hahaha - steve, are you going to win this single handedly?

Congratulations for completing your vow - very impressive man, very impressive... The Caestus ermm, sorry... the LR is breathtaking!

On to your third vow now, please note that if you fail then your previously succesful vows will be nullified too! So stakes are high and you'd better deliver! :devil:

Now after this super vow's completion the total points completed by the Chaos faction stand at 6.6k and you are currently third behind the BT (that currently lead the ETL with 8.4k) and the Wolves that are second with 8k pts! Well done guys - a few smaller vows and you might be leading this! Keep it up!!!

Archived