The Albigensian Crusade

Honda

My Penance Vow -

Honda: Should the Templars not win, I vow to build and paint a libarian (!) as a member of that chapter that contributed the most points to the winning faction, named after the member who contributed the most points to the winning faction.

So here we go...the um, Dark Angels "winner" will have chains around his wrists securing him to the poles until the Emperor's justice can be administered.

gallery_15184_7227_482212.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_449743.jpg

Oh dear, he does seem to be experiencing some discomfort, doesn't he?

gallery_15184_7227_197439.jpg

Wait, perhaps this is a better angle...

gallery_15184_7227_390802.jpg

Also, when in doubt, bring a Land Raider.

Base coats are on and now it's time for some detailing whilst I enjoy painting the witch. Quite relaxing really.

gallery_15184_7227_244679.jpg

Cheers,

@tvih: I'm saving my flamer for another witch.

I'm just worried that with their plasma addiction the DA might've become immune to it via some chaos-y shenanigans... though I suppose it's good there's the good ol' sword for back up (though now to hope that the pistol doesn't get hot first :wink:).

@tvih: I'm saving my flamer for another witch.

I'm just worried that with their plasma addiction the DA might've become immune to it via some chaos-y shenanigans... though I suppose it's good there's the good ol' sword for back up (though now to hope that the pistol doesn't get hot first :wink:).

Should the sword fail and the pistol explode and take off his hand, proper execution can always be performed with application of an appropriately forceful boot.

So here are the pre-basecoat shots. As you can see, I've added some depth to the base and he is also in shackles. After looking at the general posing of the two figures, I really felt that I needed some distance between the witch and the initiate. So, a base extension of sorts was added. I also decided to add some paving stones just to break up the ground a bit.

gallery_15184_7227_473066.jpg

After looking at it a couple different ways, I ended up attaching the chains to a fixture at the top of the poles, mostly so that I could have the chains exposed a bit more and sort of give the impression that he's just hanging on. Along the way I roughed up his robe which I will attempt to pick out with paint so that it looks like his discussions have been...vigorous.

gallery_15184_7227_292520.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_1244.jpg

Now on to the fun part...

So much win!

Gentleman,

Learn from this example!

Brother Honda has shown you the way, it is up to you to follow in his footsteps.

Abhor the Witch, Destroy the Witch!

At this point, I'm fairly comfortable with how the witch has turned out. There's still a little touch up stuff here and there, but for the most part I've got him looked ragged and worn, which is what I am after. I may try to soften the edges of the shadows on his robe a tad if I think I can pull that off.

As soon as the paving stones dry, I'll get sand on the base and then I'm off to the initiate. Apologies for the camera, it's a venerable.

Cheers,

gallery_15184_7227_487359.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_304364.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_444994.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_327881.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_304364.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_271409.jpg

I'm not sure "impressed" is the word I would have used, but you can certainly count on me posting in the DA forum when finished.

After all, we are men of honor and we keep our vows. :whistling:

Also, I have a "Suffer Not The Witch To Live" thread in HoH and I will post my penance there as well.

My Penance Vow -

Honda: Should the Templars not win, I vow to build and paint a librarian (!) as a member of that chapter that contributed the most points to the winning faction, named after the member who contributed the most points to the winning faction.

Let no one ever doubt the word of a Templar. Vow Complete!

gallery_15184_7227_700733.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_477203.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_159460.jpg

gallery_15184_7227_513739.jpg

The sheer cowardice! This is proof that the powers of the warp will corrupt the mind of anyone channeling them. An Astartes of any proper character would die fighting. Instead, the disgusting witch clutches at the very supports that bind him so he does not dangled from his chains. A Templar would have those posts up out of the ground in an instant, wielding both post and chain in a whirlwind of fury and destruction. Not that a Templar would allow capture to begin with ...

Well done, Honda. The prisoner had obviously been corrupted. You did our brothers in green a great favor this day, and I should not be surprised if you heard personal thanks from his commanders.

~K

I did sprinkle a little salt around the forums (see HoH). Should be entertaining for the next couple of days.

Edited by Honda

• 3 weeks later...