Yeah they're fantastic models - I painted one a couple years ago for a friend - so much detail. 

Is the new one going to be blue and white or is that jut the 'primer'?

Blue and white, with lots of checkers...and rust. Lots of rust.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, lads and lasses.... remember those cheeky Meng Tiger 1 kitbashes I made a while back?  Quick.... go look if you don't.  Well, I decided to not go with the original "field applied overspray camoflage" and go with more of a "hey Bob, look what we salvaged from the scrap yard!" look. It'll go much better with the other cult vehicles I'm planning and have in various stages of disrepair. Plus, most of the gene-lads have to scavenge. Its not like they could say "Oi! Can we have a couple tank platoons up her in the mine... ya know to , er, uh.... haul stuff with?"  So here are a couple work in progress progression shots of one of the turrets.

Tiger101IP.jpg

Tiger102IP.jpg

Tiger103IP.jpg

And the commander is almost done too

Tiger104IP.jpg

Now that I've set the tone. I can build some of my other cult vehicles in a more slap together/scavenged fashion. As for the Cult itself.  Well, I'm moving towards a merging of my chaos traitor guard and my (possibly chaos) genestealer cult. I've got a bunch of cultists in the the paint stripper and plan on doing some converting on a larger scale.  Good (and gribbly) things to come, there.

AND.... because I don't have enough irons in the fire, I came up with this mess a couple days ago.  Proof of concept model (not Primaris) already being built.:wink::rolleyes:

MDRHornets1.jpg

Edited by rednekkboss

By the Emperor, you're doing Primaris Yellow Jackets?! Now there's a Chapter I've not heard of in long, long time...

Just in case you haven't actually heard of the Yellow Jackets before, you can check them out here: https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Yellow_Jackets

By the Emperor, you're doing Primaris Yellow Jackets?! Now there's a Chapter I've not heard of in long, long time...

Just in case you haven't actually heard of the Yellow Jackets before, you can check them out here: https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Yellow_Jackets

Actually I'm doing Old marine "Murder Hornets", the primaris guy was just on the coloring sheet.  I'm renaming an old chapter (whose name I will not speak here ) I had from when I first started 40k and going from there.  Primaris for me will be Mortifactors.

So Yellow Jackets is something I learned about today and I think they are sweet.

These Murder Hornets also sound like a good time. Is that a print out you took and colored yourself? I hope any of their future flyers carry that motif too!

• 1 month later...

OK.... so here's the finished Murder Hornet Sergent.   Lots more updates to come. I've been good with Instagram , but rubbish everywhere else. 

The Sergent....

murderhornet1.jpg

A little all around......

murderhornet2.jpg

Might do a squad, not sure. I have an idea for a force of odd squads and left overs on Crusade with an Inquisitor. Since I'm not playing much, it'll be more of a modelling/ hobby project, but I have a few things to get out of the way first.  Thanks to Covid and house repairs, we put off moving until next spring, so the hobbying can continue until March or so. ;)

Looking mightily schmexy, buddy. I like the paint scheme and the conversion as well - especially the hornet claw/stingers on the power fist. 

I do think this scheme would benefit form masking tape to get the stripes straighter. 

Also, I can relate about the insta versus other stuff. Insta is just too damn easy, but I do miss the sense of community there.