Flesh Eaters

Snejk

Some finished minis.

This is my Flesh Eaters force so far:

One tactial squad with plasma gun and plasma cannon, one assault squad with two flamers, one librarian, one "Counts as DC Tycho"/Chaplain and one Sanguinary Priest (could count as Corbulo).

Next up is a Rhino. I'll leave the top hatches removable so it could be used as a Razorback. And I also have a full box of Sanguinary Guard and three left overs from a second Sanguinary guard box.

I'm thinking of converting the Dark Angels from the DV box that I have into a second tactical squad. I just need to figure out a way to remove the DA emblems from the shoulderpads without doing too much damage.

Group shot

gallery_60645_7554_459613.jpg

Close up of the HQs and Sang Priest. I readjusted the combi bolter on the "Tycho"

gallery_60645_7554_852766.jpg

And a close up of the Sanguinary priest

gallery_60645_7554_340579.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Midnight!

The plasma glow was my first attempt to paint that effect. I had no idea what I was doing and I'm happy it turned out to something I didn't have to clense with lighter fluid and matches. laugh.png

DK 2000, I haven't painted in a while. I ran into some personal problems that affected my mood. (Got laid off work, got robbed and my Gf left me... All within december) But I haven't been completely inactive. I had a Rhino in my paint station, and then I decided to build a light tent/box to be able to take better pictures. And I also bought a new camera with a macro function. So I hope I'll be able to take decent pictures in the future.

And since i also hang out in the Chaos Ascendant forum quite a bit and their constant complaining and bi***ing about the old codex and how some wet dream fantasies about the new codex were not fullfilled and now how the DA Codex seems to be sooooo much better has left me a "blaeh, urk, glaghh" for the entire hobby.

I will most likely not participate in the LPC.

Here is the Rhino in progress. I'll leave the top hatch unglued so it can be switched to a Razorback turret if needed. It is still very much in the first stages of painting. Base color is Mephiston red. Then a purple was. Then Mephiston red again, then dry brushed with Evil Sunz Scarlet and another drybrush Wild Rider Red.

Here is a linky: http://vilhai.devian...Rhino-348570594

I also have my Sang Guard prepped for assembly.

And since i also hang out in the Chaos Ascendant forum quite a bit and their constant complaining and bi***ing about the old codex and how some wet dream fantasies about the new codex were not fullfilled and now how the DA Codex seems to be sooooo much better has left me a "blaeh, urk, glaghh" for the entire hobby.

It isn't the hobby as a whole so much as the Chaos board. I posted a somewhat aggravated thread on why people were referring to the current one as a "faildex" when it has some really :cuss ing amazing stuff in it, and reached the same conclusion you did- everyone got too excited listening to the rumors and didn't take well to the reality of it.

So what if the new codex doesn't have a page on each legion and special rules for each; you can still do a good job of simulating each one, without too many deviations from IA-era lists. Its a far cry from the one-trick pony we had in 4th edition.

Course my personal reason for not going Chaos has more to do with the new plastics than the codex. They just dont look right to me.

No shame in that. I'm not participating either.

nice red color on the Rhino.

Thanks. It's slightly darker in reality.

It isn't the hobby as a whole so much as the Chaos board. I posted a somewhat aggravated thread on why people were referring to the current one as a "faildex" when it has some really censored.gif ing amazing stuff in it, and reached the same conclusion you did- everyone got too excited listening to the rumors and didn't take well to the reality of it.

So what if the new codex doesn't have a page on each legion and special rules for each; you can still do a good job of simulating each one, without too many deviations from IA-era lists. Its a far cry from the one-trick pony we had in 4th edition.

Course my personal reason for not going Chaos has more to do with the new plastics than the codex. They just dont look right to me.

No shame in that. I'm not participating either.

Yes, I know it's just the chaos board that keeps bitching about how they got stabbed in the back by GW. And we both know who else felt that way... whistling.gif

But still, that constant compaining kills my joy to do anything. Maybe I should just ban myself from that forum. Me, I'm pretty happy with most of the new dex. Although I do raise my eyebrow at some stuff ans some of the new minis. But over all i'm satisfied.

I guess it will blow over in a week or so, and I'll be back. With a vengence.

Oh well, back to topic. Sanguinary guard will be next after I finish the Rhino.

Loving this thread, if I didnt already have a load of red Eaters to paint Id be sorely tempted by some of thses guys. One thing Ive noticed is that all the people who choose Flesh Eaters have some great skills as well as some really good ideas to show them teetering on the line between good and well World Eaters. :D

Keep up the great work buddy, I wouldnt let the bitching put you off too much. Ive noticed it myself a lot lately especially in the Chaos forums but also on the Black Library FB page over the cost of new Mephiston book, I will be buying that book as hes always been one of my favourite characters in 40k. Others wont. Fair nuff. As for the Chaos dex Im really happy with it some of the models not so much but that just gives me an excuse to convert my own. Look forward to your Sang Guard. :)

And some more progress on the Rhino. i added some paint damage, oil leaking exhaust pipes, meat hooks for the Emperors enemies to hang from and some general weathering to it. What I need to do now is add an Imperial Aquila, smoke launchers, drill out the exhaust pipes and paint the head lights.

I'm not entirely happy with the FE Icon on the top hatches and the side door though. I'm not going to repaint it, but I need to figure out how to make it look good every time.

Rhino1

Rhino2

Loving this thread, if I didnt already have a load of red Eaters to paint Id be sorely tempted by some of thses guys. One thing Ive noticed is that all the people who choose Flesh Eaters have some great skills as well as some really good ideas to show them teetering on the line between good and well World Eaters. biggrin.png

Keep up the great work buddy, I wouldnt let the bitching put you off too much. Ive noticed it myself a lot lately especially in the Chaos forums but also on the Black Library FB page over the cost of new Mephiston book, I will be buying that book as hes always been one of my favourite characters in 40k. Others wont. Fair nuff. As for the Chaos dex Im really happy with it some of the models not so much but that just gives me an excuse to convert my own. Look forward to your Sang Guard. smile.png

Thanks Bio!

I'll have to admit that Midnight Runner and Death Knight 2000 are great inspirations.

I think this whole forum keeps a very good over all quality when it comes to painting and converting, not to mention someof the people building some insanely awesome stuff from scratch.(Black Adder is one, the guy who moulds his own chaos vechicle bits and some guy with an insane Khorne warhound titan. I keep getting your name in my head when I think of that one...)

I bought the BA codex about seven-eight months ago along with a BA starter box after seeing Midnights awesome minis and thought to myself "Yes! That's what I want to do!" and since I had a small (two squads) army of FE when I played Rouge Trader I figured I was allowed to. laugh.png

I'm not entirely happy with the FE Icon on the top hatches and the side door though. I'm not going to repaint it, but I need to figure out how to make it look good every time.

I know its costly but you could print out them on decal paper on your printers and apply them to your marine's that way. Or make a stencil in many sizes to just quick over spray the icon onto the tanks/ shoulder pads.

I know its costly but you could print out them on decal paper on your printers and apply them to your marine's that way. Or make a stencil in many sizes to just quick over spray the icon onto the tanks/ shoulder pads.

I have been thinking of cut out stencils as well. I have some thin plasticard I could use. At least for the vehicles. I don't mind if the marines icons aren't all the same or perfect (They might have to paint them themselves...) And thus add for some variety.

Ih well. Now back and finish the last details.

card stock might be easier to carve into. Since the FE symbol is white just carve out that part. That should make it easier for tanks, Flyers, etc. As far as Marine shoulder pads. If you make one good GS FE symbol you could cast it, and make many shoulder pads to use. just some ideas to add in.

Now I have finished the rhino. I added some meat hooks, with a trophy from one of the arch traitors, an Imperial Aquila to the front, drilled the exhaust pipes and added a storm bolter. I'm pretty happy with the final result.

Rhino Front

Rhino Finished 2

Rhino Finished 1

I also assembled my Sanguinary Guard and started painting them.

I primed them chaos black and gave them a base coat of Tin Bitz, hightlighting/brybrushing that with Brass Scorpion and a layer of Hasnut Copper followed by a Drybrush with Boltgun metal.

What will follow is picking out details and corroding the armour using watered down Ice Blue and possibly some watered down green.

Their left shoulderpads are kept red and I'll paint the blood drops green for a little contrast.

The bolt pistols will most likely be grey, the plasma pistol I hope will look like its about to blow up when I'm done with it.

Two of them have laurels on their helmets so I figure they should be green in contrast to the Brass/steel helmets.

And I really hated assembling the arms on these guys. The sword poses looks like... s**t. And i think the wrist mounted guns look retarded.

Sanguinary Guard Wip

Sanguinary Guard Wip Close up

C&C welcome as always.

I discovered that I have five left over DC jump packs, six or maybe seven pair of SG legs and torsos, plenty of vanilla torsos, DC CCw, Bolters and what not and I wonder what the next step would be. So I have spare bits to build 6 men. Five with jump packs.

Build a unit of DC with CCW and jump Packs, regular Assault Marines, Tacticals or some sort of Vanguard unit?

So far my army consists of:

1 Libby

1 Counts as DC Tycho

1 Sang Priest

1 Sanguinary Guard squad (5 man)

1 assault squad (10 man)

1 Tactical squad (10 man)

1 Rhino.

Help, please.

seems like you need some mayhem.. You don't have a DC squad yet so you could make one, and have PsychoTycho tail with them. The rules say he cannot attach to a unit, but it never said he couldn't walk solo with them... then the Chaplain would help boost their murder make. devil.gif

Option is a 5 man DC unit without the JP's, 2 with Power Axes. And make a Elite Chaplain with Power Fist as one unit. And walk DC Tycho when you play so he will mobb up with the DC unit, but still be solo.

they look awesomethumbsup.gif . It took my about two minutes to realize that the main guy in the front center was not rocking a power pimp cane in his left hand. Duh, I then noticed the other guy with the power sword.( oh optics, and blond peopleblush.png )

Thanks Midnight!

What I'd like to do is put batwings on them. Unfortunately I'd have to buy either Dark Eldar Scourge boxes just to get two pair of wings or I'd have to buy Tyranid Gargoyles. But I think the Gargoyle wings are just to small unless I do some sort of Warp talon version and attach the wings directly to the jump pack instead of in between the pack and the back of the Marine as the current wings fit.

Archived