Flesh Eaters

Snejk

The Sang Guard are finished. I'm too impatient to get them any bat wings, so they go without. There are some minor details left to finish (paint the Eldar helmet) and a skull on the ground that needs some paint also. But this is it, and off to the next project: a five man DC.

Sanguinary Guard finished

And here is the DC so far.

I'll most likely make them foot sloggers, and get them a drop pod in the future. Or repaint my LR again.

DC Wip

I played my first two games with my tiny FE army yesterday. Me and a friend played 750 pts Zone Mortalis. I got my ass kicked both times. My friend played Pre Heresy Death Guard, and came at me with a bunch of terminators, a Contemptor dreadnaught, a tactical squad and a tech marine. I threw a librarian, Sanguinary guard, a Sang priest, an assault squad and a tactical squad at him. 

Both times i failed to kill his dread. And got beat into pulp. The second game ended after the first turn when I didn't have any minis left on the board.

I really need more ap 2 and high strength Close combat weapons. And terminators.

But Zone Mortalis was really great toplay. With such small games I could really focus on the squads and evaluate what worked and what didn't work. 

Biomancy psychic powers were great at buffing the squads. But my sergeants were useless, not having any power weapons. 

on the DV termies.. Just remember you can easily turn a feathered wing into a bat-like wing instead. Just take a X-acto blade and gently scrape away the feather ripples, to smooth it out. Then just paint of GS the wing tendons. Should make it interesting to see. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

DK, I'm still working on the DC and got somewhat sidetracked by the Dark vengence terminators. So, now I have two projects running side by side. 

here is a little update.

I didn't find Tamya Clear Red in any of the hobby stores around here so I figured Humbrol Clear Red would dothe trick. It sucked... So I had to re paint the red areas, sterting with Khorne red, highlighted with Valejo Blood Red and GW Wild Rider Red. The result is so so... And the picture is kinda dark. But it's getting there.

The terminators are also slowly progressing forward. There was a whole lot of cutting and scraping involved before i had the wings and sword icons removed, but the result is OK. The sergeant has an unhealthy approach towards collecting skull trophys, and I'm thinking of replacing the sword with an axe. I just need to find a suitable replacement.

I have been thinking of the Chaos Termi power axe, but then my chaos termies loose one (I have one in the bitz box). An other option could be something from the FB Chaos Knights box, and convert one of the lances into an axe. I may have one laying around in the basement. I need to check that out.

I'm also thinking of adding some blades to the Storm Bolters.

Ahh... all these decisions. 

Assault squad sprue has a power axe. I'd be astonished if you didn't have one of those handy. :)

The terminator sergeant's sword arm should be easy to convert. You can't see enough of the grip on the sergeant's hand for it to clash visually, and they both have the same horizontal grip pattern anyway. You even get the grimdark skull pommel for free.

Assault squad sprue has a power axe. I'd be astonished if you didn't have one of those handy. smile.png

The terminator sergeant's sword arm should be easy to convert. You can't see enough of the grip on the sergeant's hand for it to clash visually, and they both have the same horizontal grip pattern anyway. You even get the grimdark skull pommel for free.

But the assault sprue axe is kinda small. I want a huge, skull chopping, arm cutting, torso slicing axe that looks like it means business. I'll think of something.

And here is some more progress on the terminators.

The sergeant's robe has som colour similarity to the skin colour of the FE. I wonder how he came by that...

I'm trying to give the assault cannon some heat marks on the barrels using black, blue and purple wash. Still need som work. 

The daggers need paint, and then some touch ups and FE icons painted to the shoulderpads. And baseing of course.

Assault cannon Terminator

Tactical Terminators

So, the terminator squad is finished. I added some corrosion and chipped paint to the armour. The bolters seems to be in dire need of cleaning, but there is no rest as long as the Emperor's enemies draw breath.

The sergeant is draped in the skined flesh of one of their own dead, and is sporting some skull trophys on his TDA armour. I imagine some Imperial officials might have something to say about that, but then again they are not from Karpathia.

I will most likely switch the sergeant's power sword to an axe at some point. I just need to find one big and mean looking enough. 

On the whole I'm pretty satisfied. Now I just need to finish the DC squad as well.

Terminator squad

Terminator Sergeant

Terminator Assault cannon

Thanks DC!

Yes it was fairly easy to remove the wings without doing any damage to the mini, and it was pretty easy to remove the DA wing off the skull thingy on the left shoulder, just leaving the skull and the halo. 

However the wings on the sergeant sort of extends the TDA slightly outwards at the top. (See the pic and compare the Assault Cannon guy and the sergeant's armour) I'm sure that bit can be cut away, but i tried to hide that by adding the skull trophys instead.

Compare

So now I have "finished" my DC. I'm not very happy with the result. I never got a real course on where to take them, so they ended up looking I don't know. Not as I had hoped. Perhaps more gold could have done the trick. I suppose i could add some weathering, battle damage etc, but for these guys I just don't have enough patience. Their FE icons should get a touch up sometime I suppose. 

Anyway, I plan on getting them a Razorback to roam around in, together with a chaplain, which is halfway assembled, and if I ever build another four DC Marines I guess I could stuff them in a drop pod. 

The DC Group shot.

DC Group

The DC Close Up:

DC Close Up

I'll take a break of this project for a while, and build this here guy. It's been waiting for assembly and paint since june:

• 2 weeks later...

OK,

The Decimator is just about finished and a friend of mine gave me three Terminator sergeants. So I'm wondering what I can do with them. I'm thinking of turning one of them into a Chaplain or possibly a Librarian. Any suggestions? I also bought a set of Cataphractii Special weapons, so I'm most likely going to add a thunder hammer to the Sergeant in my already existing Terminator squad instead of the sword he's waveing about now.

• 10 months later...

So, after a break in my FE army in favour of my Alpha Legion and my 30K Emperor's Children I have decided to work on my Flesh Eaters some more. 

I'm currently painting a second tactical squad. I'll equip it with a missile launcher and a flamer. I also have a vanguard squad, a Baal Predator and possibly some more DC comming up along with a second Assault Squad. 

I'm thinking of transports though. The assault squads have jump packs of course, As has the Vanguards. I have one rhino for the first tactical squad and I'm thinking of buying a second for the other tac squad. And a drop pod for the Death Company. 

After that I think it is time to get some heavy support, but I'm unsure of what to get. Tanks or Devastators?

What do you guys think?

For the Axe for the Terminator Sergeant - when it's not a power fist weapon, the hands are the same size as the power weapon hands. So using a Sanguinary Guard Axe should be good and non-Chaosy enough for a conversion. My Sanguinary Priest in Terminator armor is holding one of those axes, and nothing looks small on that mini.

Do you already have a Stormraven? It's been a while since I read the whole thread... but there's a transport AND a heavy support choice. 

If you are doing one drop pod for the death company, maybe do another for a dread and another for a tactical squad? Then you have three, to make sure 2 come down turn 1. Thats always a fun shocker for a game. Very thematic.

Archived