A Tale of Twenty Writers

Pavement Artist

Yeah, I'm going to half to drop out too, real life is real kicking me in the drop pods these days. Designing and editing new stuff is time consuming specially since I'm going to get my master's degree so that is where all my focus is at. Guess I'm going ot have to take a stormbird back to my capital ship and run back home and refuel. Really sorry, I already had finished the 2nd chapter :(

Yeah, I'm going to half to drop out too, real life is real kicking me in the drop pods these days. Designing and editing new stuff is time consuming specially since I'm going to get my master's degree so that is where all my focus is at. Guess I'm going ot have to take a stormbird back to my capital ship and run back home and refuel. Really sorry, I already had finished the 2nd chapter :P

Sorry to hear you are dropping out brother. Would it be possible for you to send me a draft of what you've written so I can do your characters justice?

Hey sorry folks, didnt mean to neglect this. Real life kicking in and what not. Been loving all the teasers. If you feel youve finished your story, remember to PM it me and ill start to put them up in a thread.

Same.

I am coming up to 5,000 words already.

I might end up between 10,000 and 15,000 if I cut 'em down a bit but it'll be quite large.

Yeah, I'm going to half to drop out too, real life is real kicking me in the drop pods these days. Designing and editing new stuff is time consuming specially since I'm going to get my master's degree so that is where all my focus is at. Guess I'm going ot have to take a stormbird back to my capital ship and run back home and refuel. Really sorry, I already had finished the 2nd chapter :D

Sorry to hear you are dropping out brother. Would it be possible for you to send me a draft of what you've written so I can do your characters justice?

yeah I will send you what I have writtern, might be rough or different though from what you expected

Yeah, I'm going to half to drop out too, real life is real kicking me in the drop pods these days. Designing and editing new stuff is time consuming specially since I'm going to get my master's degree so that is where all my focus is at. Guess I'm going ot have to take a stormbird back to my capital ship and run back home and refuel. Really sorry, I already had finished the 2nd chapter :D

yeah I will send you what I have writtern, might be rough or different though from what you expected

Very much appreciated brother. I'll try to incorporate some of the dialogue into my narrative. ;)

Say, uh, how strictly do we need to keep to the 10k word limit? Would you allow a 20% over spill? I'm only asking 'cause my first draft is already clocked at 7k with a third act/chapter yet to be written... :D

Say, uh, how strictly do we need to keep to the 10k word limit? Would you allow a 20% over spill? I'm only asking 'cause my first draft is already clocked at 7k with a third act/chapter yet to be written... :unsure:

At this point, it doesnt make any sense to limit people. Go with what you want mate :)

Say, uh, how strictly do we need to keep to the 10k word limit? Would you allow a 20% over spill? I'm only asking 'cause my first draft is already clocked at 7k with a third act/chapter yet to be written... :unsure:

At this point, it doesnt make any sense to limit people. Go with what you want mate :)

Fair enough. With any luck I'll be done a decent amount of time inside of the deadline. :)

A wild teaser appears!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Balthur smiled, unsheathing his zweihänder from his thigh strap. Even Solun knew what was to come but it was too late for him to make a difference. As Balthur stepped forward, Solun vanished, teleported deep into the Furious Endeavour, physically recalling himself to the Teleportarium. The light and the sound from the brief warp blink blinded the World Eaters, allowing Dollus this final chance. His sword was in his hands as quickly as it ever had been, up and ready to kill. Down went one Gladiator Guard stood behind Dollus, the Champion’s blade thrust into his torso, then down went a second to Dollus’ left, his return strike bisecting the helm, all in a matter of a second. By now his opponents had gathered their wits and Dollus could not fell another yet without opening himself to a lethal blow. A lunge by one Gladiator Guard was batted aside, kept at arm’s length. This covered another sweep by an axe toting Gladiator, shearing the top of Dollus’ pauldron clean off. From behind came a second axe swing, only for the owner to first lose his arm and then his life.

Balthur thrust his blade into the 9th Company Champion’s back, much to the surprise of the Fist. On its way through Praetor Dollus’ body, the zweihänder pierced his second heart and punctured a lung, causing immense pain to the Champion as it punched through his chest plate, bringing him to his knees. With his opponent gravely wounded, Balthur released the zweihänder and moved around, intent on bringing his chainaxe to bear on the poor fool in front of him. What he didn’t expect was for the Champion to attempt a swing at the World Eater. It was a defiant gesture. Balthur liked that. He kicked the weapon away out of his grasp, causing the Champion to sag to his side, rich blood pooled beneath him, his body failing to cope with the ruptured organs inside of him. The weapon clattered on the decked a few metres away, well out of reach to be any use.

“It was a shame not to face you in the pits, little one.” Balthur lamented.

“It was a shame not to fight you to your face.” Retorted Dollus. Balthur chuckled. This one had fight in him. Such a shame. He lifted his weapon for the killing blow. The chainaxe whirred and Balthur swung it up to execute Praetor Dollus. The weapon tore through his neck and exiting in a gory spray of blood. The Champion of the Imperial Fists collapsed, his vital fluids flooding from his ruined body, and Balthur savoured the delicious aroma of freshly spilt blood. Crocell nodded appreciatively and opened a channel to the Bloody Path.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you like it. :)

Thought id pop the blurb up for my story:

As the Imperium of man erupts into the most cataclysmic conflict mankind has ever known; Remembrancer Irst Cairncross flees to a remote world on the outskirts of man's empire. Terminally fatigued and fearing for his life; Cairncross has a story to tell- maybe the most important tale in all the galaxy; if only his memory wasn't a fragmented ruin.

Out on the edge of civilization, Cairncross is faced with the ghosts of memory, and the threat of the bleakest future imaginable. When his old masters come seeking him, Cairncross knows the sins of the past will soon find him out.

Now that all you wrote something up, now I need to put my two cents in:

THE THRUST OF THE heavy assault boat’s engines was a hammer to their bones, pressing the Astartes into the Acceleration racks. De’kar held his muscles tense against the powerful g-forces and let his gaze wander over the interior of clamshell doors that formed the bow of the boarding ship. Intricate scrollwork spread across the inner face of the doors, charting the countless actions the craft had been involved in. It was one of the hundreds hurtling through the void at this moment, packed with men primed for war, each of them targeted on the Imperial Fist’s fleet with the unerring single- mindedness of a guided missile. Through the pict-circuits laced into the lenses of his armour, De’kar rapidly blink- clicked through the data available to him via his command level vox-net. There were feeds from the eye cameras of his squad, quick scripts of telemetry from Ragol’s medicae auspex and there, for a moment, a grainy, low resolution image from outside across the boat’s serrated prow. De’kar dallied on that for a few seconds, watching the motion of the vast ship as they approached it. The hull wall of heavy ceramit grew larger.

The sergeant felt no fear at the loyalist’s guns. The assault was moving at punishing speed beneath a cloak of electronic countermeasures, heat-baffle flare bursts and glittering clouds of metal chaff that would render sensors unintelligible. He was confident in Crocell’s skills, certain that his captain would make sure that they were unmolested once getting closer to the Furious Endeavour. The wall was very close, the distance vanishing in moments. De’kar was aware of other boats converging at the edges of the greyed-out image. Long range sensors had determined that this portion of the ship’s hull was thin, and so it would be here, some half kilometre from the assembly deck, that the World Eaters would make their ingress. De’kar let the link fade and gathered himself, switching over to the general vox channel. His voice echoed in the helms of every Astartes on the boat.

“Hate and fury, brothers! Impact is imminent. I want a clean and fast deployment. I want it so sharp that the Warmaster himself would applaud its perfection!” He took a breath as the standby alert began to wail.

“Today the gods are with us, and we will make them proud! For Angron and the Warmaster!”

“For Angron and Warmaster!”

Tarkain’s voice cut across the channel, brimming with zeal. “Blood for the Blood God!” he roared, yelling out the company’s new call to rally. “Blood for the Blood God!”

De’kar joined in, but his words were abruptly shaken out of him as the assault boats thick bow rammed into the hull of the Imperial ship. Piercing shrieks of rendered metal and escaping atmosphere thundered around the boat’s thick fuselage as it drove itself deep, clawed tracks across its flanks biting and sparking to pull it through metres of chitinous armour plate. Turning and shifting, the boat’s autonomic pilot brain deployed hydraulic barbs to stop the outgassing of air, from blowing back into the void. The juddering, screeching, ear-splitting ride seemed to go on forever then abruptly stopped. The assault ship listed. De’kar heard metal scrape metal on metal and the trigger rune before him on the clamshell hatch flashed on.

“Ready on release!” he snapped. It blew open on explosive bolts and De’kar had his bolter loose and in his hands, ready to kill anything that dared to come in, but it was a sudden flurry of bolter rounds that smashed into the boat, one warrior fell to the ground, several rounds had punched through his chest armour.

“Go!” De’kar yelled. The Breacher sergeant was aware of his men moving behind him as he launched himself out of the assault craft. He jumped onto the deck, running for cover, he fired a few rounds into the enemy. “For the Angron!” called the sergeant, and he did not need to look behind him to see the elements of his company follow in formation. De’kar advanced from the deployment point with Tarkain’s Rampager squad at his side, joined by his own. Around them, the chaotic crash of gunfire and blades rippled in hallways of the gigantic ship. Hordes of World Eaters met the Imperial Fists in deadly, furious conflict.

Archived