PATH TO REDEMPTION

The Shadow Guard

I am going to sit this out. At least until next month. I just haven't got time to paint...which really annoys me. I managed to basecoat every model for my vow, and even get colour on a few. It's a damn conspiracy...I pick up a brush and something comes up so I have to put it down again :(

11th company dark master - know where you are coming from but thats no excuse :) how about a 'basic' captain who can mysteriously become a veteran sergent later on?

11th COmpany Dark MAster, I sympathise with you and agree with lhg033 at the same time. But you are a dark Angel and you must try. Pick a model that is nearly complet, needs a base flocked, some decals inserted or a model that just eneds some aditional details added and make an oath with that. Keep it simple and stay the course. if you complete something for October you are indeed able to redeem yourself for September and then go on with the rest of the redemption seekers...if not forever be consigned to the bowels of Chamber 42!! :P

I am hoping that all 82 of the original oathmakers will somehow finally make it through the six trials of redemption and be by the side of the Supreme Grandmaster as the Unforgiven are unleashed on this universe!!

Was going to wait until I actually took a picture, but I'll just edit it in later :) I, Artemid, do solemnly vow to paint a Deathwing terminator squad, from Codex: Dark Angels, equipped with Thunderhammer/Stormshields all around and a Cyclone Missile Launcher, for 235 points, by the end of October.

I vow to build and paint 4 vets, a drop pod, and a company master for the month of october.

September vow of 5 gunslinger vets 175pts *completed*.

October vow of a DV company master 125pts. *working*

3 gunslinger vets, plasma gunner vet, and a droppod 175pts(addition to sept vow).

I still have to go get the vets but here are the company master and the droppod.

Artemid and cypherthefallenangel, welcom on your continued journey for Redemption..May the lion watch over you!

At the momen I am humbled by the dedication of this community to this little challenge/event. We now have nearly half the total number of oaths for September already pledged in October.

Forward Dark Angels, For the Lion and the Emperor!

The Honoured Oath Makers

Continuing on the Path to Redemption = 35 Returning to the Path to Redemption = 01 Newly arrived on the Path to Redemption = 04

OCT: Total participants = 40 Oathkeepers = 01 (2.5%) Oathbreakers = 0 (0%)

SEP: Total participants = 82 Oathkeepers = 53 (64.7%%) Oathbreakers = 29 (35.3%)

Up to date as of 2330 GMT 5th of October 2012.

SG

October's path is gaining momentum guys, this is going great! Keep your vows coming - it's still early in the month! :yes:

Oh, and SG, my Deimos Rhino is worth a humble 45 pts (dozer blade+count as stormbolter)

I Darkangeldentist vow to continue on the path to Redemption and for the month of October will assemble and paint the tactical squad from the Dark Vengeance set. (Point cost 205.)

Since there is the option to add to vows, I'll be restrained to start with as I nearly missed Septembers. (Still need to take some decent photos of those models and put them up.)

I also need to sort out those snazzy banners you've made up Shadow Guard.

October vow completed...just I think?

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa281/Richdeane/P1010356.jpg

I really need to submit these photos earlier.

I Darkangeldentist vow to continue on the path to Redemption and for the month of October will assemble and paint the tactical squad from the Dark Vengeance set. (Point cost 205.) Since there is the option to add to vows, I'll be restrained to start with as I nearly missed Septembers. (Still need to take some decent photos of those models and put them up.)

I also need to sort out those snazzy banners you've made up Shadow Guard.

Good to have you back my firend.... always good to have the Inner Circle also walk the path of redemption.... -_-

October vow complete, post #352 edited with finished pictures.

... and we have a second completion before the end of the first week. I feel the "redemption-fu" to be very strong at the moment.... Excellent work and that RW Attack bike certainly looks rejuvenated and means business. A hge differnce between the before and after images. Nice work!

Now do we think we could get some more of those who strayed off the "Path" in September to rejoin? If you know someone who did so, give them a gentle nudeg and let's see how many of our brothers we could lead to redemption.... :P

The Honoured Oath Makers

Continuing on the Path to Redemption = 36 Returning to the Path to Redemption = 01 Newly arrived on the Path to Redemption = 04

OCT: Total participants = 41 Oathkeepers = 02 (4.9%) Oathbreakers = 0 (0%)

SEP: Total participants = 82 Oathkeepers = 53 (64.7%%) Oathbreakers = 29 (35.3%)

Up to date as of 1315 GMT 6th of October 2012.

As I missed September by not being here I kinda want my first Pearl :P Can I add a extra vow to cover September too? Would that be allowed?

This is covered in the details of the event in the Path to Redemption October main page but in essence is as follows:

Newcomers who begin their oaths in October

Although you will not have been able to earn white pearl for the month of September as you are participating as a newcomer, you may still earn the September white pearl and also the much sought after Black Pearl. You will need to complete three task in order to be able to earn this final prize:

1. Complete one oath for October.

2. Complete one oath for November.

If you fail your October or November oaths you will not have a second chance similar to those who failed the September oaths.

3. Complete a third, small additional task by the end of December. This task will be revealed to you at the end of November once you have completed your October and November oaths of moment.

This will earn you the September White Pearl as wellas those for October and November. If you then keep it up for another three months (ecember, january & February) you will be eligible for the sought after Black Pearl!

Hope that helps... :lol:

SG

Honoured brothers,

It seems I fell to the sin of pride, believing myself to be fit to return to battlefield before the apothecarion declared me fit to return to service. Therefore meaning I rushed at the last moment to gain praise in the eyes of the Lion, and in doing so shamed his name and my own.

I have understood my own failings, and will seek the path to redemption in the eyes of the Lion and my brothers.

Brother Hermanista.

So in short, deciding to join up 7 hours before the September vow deadline, with a recently dislocated shoulder wasn't the greatest idea I've ever had. So, bearing the mark of shame, I've got my inspiration to catch up :lol:

In which case,

September Oath - Captain + demi-squad of Tactical Marines

October Oath - Deathwing Squad. Redemption Oath - demi-squad of Tactical Marines

November Oath - Undecided. Redemption Oath - Deathwing Squad.

As for the shoulder, x-ray results should be in tomorrow, to see how bad I tore out the muscles/ligaments, then hopefully back to painting fairly soon.

Chris

Honoured brothers,

It seems I fell to the sin of pride, believing myself to be fit to return to battlefield before the apothecarion declared me fit to return to service. Therefore meaning I rushed at the last moment to gain praise in the eyes of the Lion, and in doing so shamed his name and my own.

I have understood my own failings, and will seek the path to redemption in the eyes of the Lion and my brothers.

Brother Hermanista.

So in short, deciding to join up 7 hours before the September vow deadline, with a recently dislocated shoulder wasn't the greatest idea I've ever had. So, bearing the mark of shame, I've got my inspiration to catch up :lol:

In which case,

September Oath - Captain + demi-squad of Tactical Marines

October Oath - Deathwing Squad. Redemption Oath - demi-squad of Tactical Marines

November Oath - Undecided. Redemption Oath - Deathwing Squad.

As for the shoulder, x-ray results should be in tomorrow, to see how bad I tore out the muscles/ligaments, then hopefully back to painting fairly soon.

Chris

Welcome back to the fold Brother Unforgiven Angel,

In order to join the rest on their Path, you only need to complete the vow you made for September and a separate oath for October. if you complete them both you will be givena small redemption task to complete in November which will earn you your September White pearl along with the october Pearl and the chance to continue onwards towards a Black pearl! :P

SG.

Path to Redemption: October Week 1 Summary

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/PtR_Return_to_Redeem_Banner.jpg

Well, the first week has nearly passed and it appears that our walk down the Path to redemption is very much in good health! I would like to thank the unforgiven who have remained faithful and continued their trudge from September to October and the high spirits and enthusiasm shown so far.

The event remains storn with 45 participants making their Oaths of Moment in the first week.

Of the 82 battle brothers who started their journey in September 53 completed with their honour intact, of whom 39 veterans have continued their journey so far in october. I hope the remaining 14 brethren will remain strong and participate in October.

I would like to officially welcome the four New battle brothers (Abraxus, AngelVeto, Arkle & Sargon29) who have stepped in to the path in october and would like to remind them that they do indeed be given the opportunity to earn the White pearl for September providing they complete their October oath and continue in to November. details will be forthcoming in the coming months.

A special mention must go to Archangel and hermanista who have taken a massive oath of moment to redeem themselves and earn two white pearls for September and october. May the Lion guide their path and their brushes!

Below is a summary table of the event so far for comparison:

Path to Redemption Comparative Analysis
SEPTEMBER [/td]
SEP: Oaths 65 08 08 01 82
SEP: 2nd Oaths 00 04 02 01 07
SEP: Completions 01 04 10 38 53
SEP: Conceded 00 01 01 05 29
OCTOBER
45 ** ** ** 45
OCT: 2nd Oaths 02 ** ** ** 02
OCT: Completions 02 ** ** ** 02
OCT: Conceded 00 ** ** ** 00

The Honoured Oath Makers

Continuing on the Path to Redemption = 39 Returning to the Path to Redemption = 02 Newly arrived on the Path to Redemption = 04

OCT: Total participants = 45 Oathkeepers = 02 (4.4%) Oathbreakers = 0 (0%)

Up to date as of 1230 GMT 7th of October 2012.

For the Lion and the Legion! Will you walk the Path?

SG

SG, can we add to our current vow? The reason I ask is that I have a tourny the 27th that I need to finish painting my army for, and I figured I may as well go big or go home and vow the rest of the army ontop of my current vow.

"I, NCSUWolf, tread the path of Redemption with a vow to paint 1 x Tactical Marine Squadron (10 marines strong), with a Plasma Cannon (not based, but painted), a Plasma Gun(not based, but painted), and a Plasma Pistol on the sergent, worth 210pts by October 31, 2012."

WIP Pics to follow.

WIP 1: Painted (but not based) Plasma Cannon, Plasma Gun. 2x marines with bolters are base coated. 6 x remaining models are primed. As of 10/7/12

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z166/carycollege/2012-10-07163149.jpg

WIP 2: Everyone's painted, just need basing and squad/company markings on the shoulder and knee pads.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z166/carycollege/2012-10-11153803.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z166/carycollege/2012-10-11153702.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z166/carycollege/2012-10-11153822.jpg

Completed! As of 10/16/12, behold, 2nd Squad, 3rd Company lead by the venerable Sgt Raphael:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z166/carycollege/2012-10-16211400.jpg

Sgt Raphael (front, then back):

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z166/carycollege/2012-10-16211536.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z166/carycollege/2012-10-16211552.jpg

"I, NCSUWolf, tread the path of Redemption further with a vow to paint 1 x Ravenwing Squad from DV(3 bikes), including Sgt with Chainsword, one bike with a Plasma Gun, and the last with a bolt pistol (135pts), worth 210pts by October 31, 2012."

WIP (All three models are constructed and primed, the Biker with the bolt pistol is nearly complete at this time, just needs basing, some washes and some fine detail work).

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z166/carycollege/2012-10-16214413.jpg

Second October vow complete!

Let the heretics and Fallen quail at the sounds of the Ravenwing, swooping in out of the darkness on steeds of steel and fire! Let none escape Squad Arion!

[and now the pics :D ]

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z166/carycollege/2012-10-24031259.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z166/carycollege/2012-10-24031322.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z166/carycollege/2012-10-24031612.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z166/carycollege/2012-10-24031627.jpg

On a side note, I still would like to drill out the bolters (and possibly the exhaust pipes) but have yet to track down bits to do so.

SG, can we add to our current vow? The reason I ask is that I have a tourny the 27th that I need to finish painting my army for, and I figured I may as well go big or go home and vow the rest of the army ontop of my current vow.

Yu certainly may do so. The rules state that once you have completed your firs vow for the month you may add second or third vows... but if you want to increase the size of your first vow that is fine too as long as the original vow elements remain. ;)

SG

I'm not sure where this months original vow is, so here is my expanded vow for October:

1 squad of RW- 6 bikes, 2x meltaguns and sergeant w/melta bombs (original) adding a attack bike with multi-melta for a total of 295 points

1 squad of DW-sergeant w/ AC&PW, 3x SB&PF, & 1x SB&CF(original) for 250 points

1 Belial w/ TLC for 130 points

1 squad of DW-Apothecary w/ TLC&CML, Standard Bearer w/ TLC, & 3x TLC for 290 points

1 Squad of DW- sergeant w/ TH, SS&CML, 4x TH&SS for 235 points

10 man tac team- 1x PG, 1xPC, & sergeant w/ melta bombs for 200 points

1 land raider crusader for 250 points

1 agies defense line w/ quadgun for 100 points.

Land Raider Crusader-Wrath of Malice

gallery_68682_7685_602210.jpg

gallery_68682_7685_868451.jpg

gallery_68682_7685_684875.jpg

Welcom back Brother Tancred and welcome for the first time NCSUwolf, good to see more newcomers filtering through. : hidicul, man what a massive oath of moment. Good luck in finihing it in time for your tourney! ;)

Congratulations

The Honoured Oath Makers

OCT: Total participants = 49 Oathkeepers = 03 (6.5%) Oathbreakers = 0 (0%)

Continuing on the Path to Redemption = 40 Returning to the Path to Redemption = 02 Newly arrived on the Path to Redemption = 05

Up to date as of 0100 GMT 8th of October 2012.

For the Lion and the Legion! Will you walk the Path?

SG

So it doesnt feel right to be done my vow in the first week of October, time for another one!

I, Moridius vow to complete 1 Ravenwing Attack Squadron consisting of a Veteran Seargeant with a power sword and two bikers for a total of 135 pts.

Starting photo:

gallery_57102_7676_284486.jpg

1 biker is done and I threw some basic colours on the other 2 last night.

Finally complete vow #2 for October, they are not perfect but I am closing on a house today and this just a tad less important haha.

gallery_57102_7676_101957.jpggallery_57102_7676_2122626.jpg

PS sorry for crappy photos, I will get better ones for my progress thread I promise.

M

A completion of a second oath and the making of a second oath.... what have we here! Well done Wraithwing and Brother Moridius. This is truly inspiring effort, come everyone else..... let us not keep the Lord of the First legion waiting.....

SG

Archived