PATH TO REDEMPTION

The Shadow Guard

After successfully finishing my Interrogator-Chaplain in September, I do hereby vow to have 5 Ravenwing bikes, with Sergeant+meltabombs and Plasma Gun user (160 Pts) painted by the end of October.

(I'm sticking to something easy whilst I investigate priming dark angels black and painting caliban green with a brush or using a spray gun. Any advice would be welcome, maybe I can get them done in October too! No promises yet)

I use Fortress grey to highlight black armour. After priming with Chaos black spray I take a brush and lightly cover the marine with Abaddon black(sometimes I follow up with Badab black on top of that). I also use Fortress grey as a foundation on areas that should be white before applying Ceramite white.

I don't know if this was the advice you were looking for, in that case just ignore this post. I you were looking for any advice on a spray gun, I do not know because I have never tried one out.

I, Brother Moridius vow to complete 1 Ravenwing attack bike with a multimelta as my October Vow.

Here it is in in its current state:

gallery_57102_7676_2678940.jpg

Main colours are down but still needs a lot of finish work/highlighting/clean up and I have to get a base for it.

Moridius

PS Sorry for the blurry picture, I will do my best to have the finished one a better quality.

October Vow complete! Here is the finished attack bike with multimelta worth 50 points.

gallery_57102_7676_187546.jpggallery_57102_7676_144845.jpg

The only thing it still needs is squad numbering and I am holding back on that until the new codex comes to make sure I dont have to do it twice.

Moridius

The Honoured Oath Makers

Total participants = 31 Oathkeepers = 00 (0%) Oathbreakers = 0 (0%)

Continuing on the Path to Redemption = 27 Returning to the Path to Redemption = 01 Newly arrived on the Path to Redemption = 03

Up to date as of 0243 GMT 3rd of October 2012.

SG

Having at least one lost soul who strayed from the path coming back to atone in the gaze of the Lion is also extremely satisfying - Go Archangel, I am truly hoping you will stay on track!! :)

Yeah, I'm just too dumb to know when to stay down. :D

C'mon all unvowed Dark Angels & successors. Are you gonna let a Fallen Angel like me find redemption ahead of you?

If that's the case, then...

gallery_8429_7564_18181.jpg

*activates teleport homer for immediate retrieval* ;)

I djgoldsmith do vow to resist any temptation to touch the dark vengeance miniatures until the rest of my unfinished models are painted.

So for October I will complete 1 tactical squad, with plasma gunner / cannon.

That have recently been rescued from hard fighting on the dust filled wastes of the bedroom bookshelf.

For a Points value of 205.

I know its a clean up, and decal job but these guys (and a couple if other squads) have been in need if a techmarine since about 2005.

Starting pix.

gallery_68724_7717_1035746.jpg

EDIT: Woo, Just about finished them.

gallery_68724_7717_949784.jpg

gallery_68724_7717_709391.jpg

After successfully finishing my Interrogator-Chaplain in September, I do hereby vow to have 5 Ravenwing bikes, with Sergeant+meltabombs and Plasma Gun user (160 Pts) painted by the end of October.

(I'm sticking to something easy whilst I investigate priming dark angels black and painting caliban green with a brush or using a spray gun. Any advice would be welcome, maybe I can get them done in October too! No promises yet)

I use Fortress grey to highlight black armour. After priming with Chaos black spray I take a brush and lightly cover the marine with Abaddon black(sometimes I follow up with Badab black on top of that). I also use Fortress grey as a foundation on areas that should be white before applying Ceramite white.

I don't know if this was the advice you were looking for, in that case just ignore this post. I you were looking for any advice on a spray gun, I do not know because I have never tried one out.

Actually my post was about regular marines, but thanks for the advice!

I Master Gabriel Macleod vow to complete for the month of October the rest of my Ravenwing Attack Squadron 420pts, Land Raider (IA) 285pts.

Attack Squadron Bike(6) Sgt/w Power sword and plasma pistol, Bikers/ 1 flamer and 1 melta gun. Attack bike multi-melta. Land Speeder/w assault cannon and heavy bolter.

Land Raider (IA) two twin-linked lascannons, twin-linked heavy bolter, pintle mounted storm bolter, pintle, extra armour.

Here is part one of vow.

Lion's Fury( i know there is no multi-melta I forgot so I edit the post)

http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu168/Khaine_01/Picture083.jpg

Part two of vow:

http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu168/Khaine_01/Picture085.jpg

Welcome back djgoldsmith and Master Gabriel Mcleod... Good to see the veterans of September keeping the faith....

Now I wonder who would be the first to be awraded TWO WHITE PEARLS?

... and will there be newcomers? and the return of those who strayed from the path? Redemption is at hand...and as enjoyable as it could be!!! :D ;)

The Honoured Oath Makers

Total participants = 33 Oathkeepers = 00 (0%) Oathbreakers = 0 (0%)

Continuing on the Path to Redemption = 29 Returning to the Path to Redemption = 01 Newly arrived on the Path to Redemption = 03

Up to date as of 0800 GMT 4th of October 2012.

SG

Wow! The first second white pearl! They look great Wraithwing - nice work on the seargent's face too!

are the squad numbers from the FW transfer sheet? And more importantly are you going to up the stakes for October or wait patiently for Novemeber? :cuss

Wow! The first second white pearl! They look great Wraithwing - nice work on the seargent's face too!

are the squad numbers from the FW transfer sheet? And more importantly are you going to up the stakes for October or wait patiently for Novemeber? :cuss

Thanks Captain S! Just the regular Space Marine transfer sheet that comes in most box sets.

I'm definitely upping the stakes for October. Just contemplating on what to paint next, while waiting for a couple of parts orders.

i vow to finish painting my PA librarian with staff and pistol.

120pts

not sure that this is the load out i would actualy go with in 6th but its the model i have and i started him already so i intend to finish him!

this guy is probably around 50-60% complete though has been a bit scratched updue to bad storage and needs a backpack. think he's now OOP - top left in this pic linky

I raven of the wing return this month and hereby vow to finish my 10 man tactical squad from the DV box. (210 points) plasma goodness

++October Vow Complete++

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh543/raven-sco/Dark%20Angels%206th%20Company%20Tactical%20Squads/WP_000187_zps44171dae.jpg

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh543/raven-sco/Dark%20Angels%206th%20Company%20Tactical%20Squads/WP_000184_zps6a3ae24c.jpg

the squad even took part in a battle today against necrons, the plasma cannon from brother Heron took out the can of WD40 and they all stopped moving.......

As a new brother on the Path of Redemption...

I Arkley vow to finish my 5 Man Tactical Squad of the Blades of Caliban for October.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/jetpaczx/2012-10-04164131.jpg

Since I have nearly finished I also vow to do Knight Commander Cassiel (Master of the 3rd)

I will be more adventurous next month :P

++OCTOBER VOW COMPLETE++

More info in post #325

Cheers,

WW

Marvelous achievement Wraithwing...and I am extremely envious of your tacticals quad..the colours are just so good! Please feel free to wear the Twin pearl banner or medallions....

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Path_to_Redemption_02W.jpghttp://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Img_CH00_08Awards_05b_PtR_2012.gif

A note to everyone, all the banners and medallions are available in post #2 of this thread.... and more will be unlocked as we move along the Path to Redemption!! :P

lgh033 and raven of the wing.... good to see you both come back too....

As a new brother on the Path of Redemption...

I Arkley vow to finish my 5 Man Tactical Squad of the Blades of Caliban for October.

Since I have nearly finished I also vow to do Knight Commander Cassiel (Master of the 3rd)

I will be more adventurous next month :)

Another newcomer treads the Path!! exciting...as I commented on your thread, I like the crispness of your painting... "Blade of caliban"!! ;)

The Honoured Oath Makers

Total participants = 36 Oathkeepers = 01 (2.7%) Oathbreakers = 0 (0%)

Continuing on the Path to Redemption = 31 Returning to the Path to Redemption = 01 Newly arrived on the Path to Redemption = 04

Up to date as of 1830 GMT 4th of October 2012.

SG

OK, time to post my second October Vow. I was going to wait for a while, but may as well keep the ball rolling!

I, Wraithwing, vow to paint Librarian Turmiel from the Dark Vengeance Box set, with Force Sword and Bolt Pistol, worth 120 pts, by the end of October:

gallery_5348_1577_57313.jpg

++ SECOND OCTOBER VOW COMPLETE ++

gallery_5348_1577_67839.jpg

gallery_5348_1577_96397.jpg

gallery_5348_1577_7167.jpg

gallery_5348_1577_34050.jpg

Cheers,

WW

So continuing on. It took a little bit for me to find what I wanted to paint so I could get pictures of it for verification.

So without further ado:

I, Master Matthius, do solemnly vow to paint 1 Limited Edition Company Master from the 2007 Army box. Armed with combi-plasma. 110 points

Before pics:

gallery_24356_7470_14039.jpg

gallery_24356_7470_80520.jpg

I, PhDGamer, vow to paint a Dark Angels kill-team consisting of a five-man tactical squad led by a sergeant with a plasma pistol and powersword, and a landspeeder typhoon.

Tactical squad with plasma pistol and powersword--120 points

Landspeer typhoon--75 points

for a total of 195 points.

Here they are right now:

gallery_44197_7020_35356.jpg

... and we go fro strength to strength!!! :angry:

The Honoured Oath Makers

Total participants = 38 Oathkeepers = 01 (2.7%) Oathbreakers = 0 (0%)

Continuing on the Path to Redemption = 33 Returning to the Path to Redemption = 01 Newly arrived on the Path to Redemption = 04

Up to date as of 2200 GMT 4th of October 2012.

SG

I am going to sit this out. At least until next month. I just haven't got time to paint...which really annoys me. I managed to basecoat every model for my vow, and even get colour on a few. It's a damn conspiracy...I pick up a brush and something comes up so I have to put it down again :lol:

Arkley - nice colour scheme. i had seriously been thinking of doing red dark angels successors at somepoint but couldnt nail it without them looking like flesh tearers. yours looks really good! also - very nicely painted to boot!

11th company dark master - know where you are coming from but thats no excuse :P how about a 'basic' captain who can mysteriously become a veteran sergent later on?

Was going to wait until I actually took a picture, but I'll just edit it in later :P

I, Artemid, do solemnly vow to paint a Deathwing terminator squad, from Codex: Dark Angels, equipped with Thunderhammer/Stormshields all around and a Cyclone Missile Launcher, for 235 points, by the end of October.

Before:

http://i.imgur.com/xQ8gk.jpg

AFTER!

http://i.imgur.com/s48H2.jpg

I vow to build and paint 4 vets, a drop pod, and a company master for the month of october.

September vow of 5 gunslinger vets 175pts *completed*.

October vow of a DV company master 125pts. *working*

3 gunslinger vets, plasma gunner vet, and a droppod 175pts(addition to sept vow).

I still have to go get the vets but here are the company master and the droppod.

gallery_65696_7693_600177.jpg

Completed chapter/company master.

gallery_65696_7693_784523.jpg

gallery_65696_7693_508542.jpg

Also completed 4 vets to fill out september's vowed squad.

gallery_65696_7693_648969.jpg

gallery_65696_7693_60765.jpg

All I have left is the droppod.

Finally done.

gallery_65696_7693_967198.jpg

gallery_65696_7693_695521.jpg

October complete...

Archived